Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Today is a day for updates. Got a new chapter of Yomi no Tsugai in which this panel is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

No Wave posted:

I'm not even picking it up until I know fulgore and kyanchome are back.

the way the story is going i think it is very likely kiyomaru will seek out strong and trustworthy allies for help. he's kind of got a lot to deal with right now, after all. and really, who is more reliable than the invincible iron man, parco fulgore?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Brought To You By posted:

Today is a day for updates. Got a new chapter of Yomi no Tsugai in which this panel is perfect.

I loved the "oh poo poo he's wandering around...OH poo poo HE DOESN'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE" bit at the start.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I didn't realise the Helck Sequel(?) was being simulpub.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 15, 2022

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ConanThe3rd posted:

I didn't realise the Helck Sequel(?) was being simulpub.
Its cool though chapters go behind a paywall once a new one comes out and they've been coming out at enough of a clip that if you're not paying attention you could fall behind and get locked out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Awesome, really loving this series so far.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

god bless him

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I love how the big blocker for Mash was breaking his grandpa's shoulders while giving him a massage.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hamelekim posted:

I love how the big blocker for Mash was breaking his grandpa's shoulders while giving him a massage.

I love that he solved it, himself in less than a chapter. Mash has no time to be emo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The situation in Ayashimon just seems absolutely dire and now I'm back to wondering how are they gonna even pull this off.

RIP Wakku :smith:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Sakamoto Days: Jesus, this chapter was brutal :stare: I had a huge grin on my face when the others stepped in to help Shin. Look at him forming his own crew, they grow up so fast. :swoon:

Akane-Banashi: This was a great way to circle things back to the theme of a parent passing things down to their children. Arakawa is actually a drat good master, and Kyoji's a good guy for wanting to pass that down to Akane. It feels rare to have a master in shonen series who actually tells their pupil how to improve without giving them some kind of convoluted test, so I end up liking Arakawa even more. The punchline at the end was fantastic too; the mangaka really knows how to make things fun.

Doron Dororon: A nice cooldown chapter and setting up the antagonists. The manga expanding on the cast for Dora and Kusanagi to play off with was a solid decision and made this a lot more enjoyable. Ujii remains the best character. :allears:

Ayashimon: Things are getting more and more complicated. I love it! Aw man, they killed Wakku! He had such a cool design!

Roboco & Me: This was a very sweet chapter. I really love the times we see that Bondo is actually a really good kid and why so many people are drawn to him. :unsmith:

Witch Watch: Gotta say, the Nemu chapters really aren't my cup of tea. Something about a person pretending to be a pet or random animal in someone else's home and getting pets and hugs just seem kind of creepy. On another note, Witch Watch still refuses to do anything with its main plot, so it's become one of the manga I'm reading first and leaving the better ones for last.

PPPPPP: More set-up for the climax and how Lucky finds a clue on resolving things with Mimin. It's weird how despite the rough start, I've started to come around on this series. While it still sucks that Furusu has relegated herself as cheerleader for Lucky, the drama revolving around the Otogami siblings remains compelling.

Earthchild: Something about the storytelling reminds me of Mookie's approach, where they're too focused on using the comic to respond to people's criticisms rather than actually telling a story that's good. Like, how the in the world is any of this supposed to end the curse of Earthchildren? How would getting Kareri back solve the problem that Earth faces crisis after crisis or the mystery of who is the disembodied voice? Also, Albert's heart getting crushed and replaced with his brother's had absolutely nothing to do with his backstory of his brother jumping into a black hole??? :psyduck: And dear god, why did they not sweep under the rug the whole 'Earthchildren got aged up by 10 years' plot point? By showing how it affected Albert's life and how he became older than his older brother, it only just serves to remind us that the MC hosed and married a minor.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Congratulations Suzu Ayatri on realizing she can just be bi, on the cusp of Yabuki's chains being removed.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
She'd realized that for a while now, it's just Matsuri is a nerd that is still taking her early words seriously so she insists on turning back into a boy before they date even when Suzu's said it's 100% fine.

I assume Suzu'll turn up the heat now that Yabuki's free.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i love the action in Ayashimon but I swear it feels like reading a late HxH chapter. So many words. Make a light novel instead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ayashimon: Good-bye, old man. You were a real one.

Akane-banashi: Still great! Love how everyone has their own unique take on rakugo.

Elusive Samurai: Our boy has grown so much! And now it's finally time to get poo poo done!

Mashle: Heh.

Robocco: Meh chapter, didn't really land. Message feels pretty hollow, too.

Sakamoto: drat, the JAC (JAA?) is constantly getting its poo poo stomped. Feel sorta sorry for them at this point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sakamoto:
Jesus thats kind of gruesome
Clubbing people with other people so hard that they tear apart at the joints

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kyte posted:

She'd realized that for a while now, it's just Matsuri is a nerd that is still taking her early words seriously so she insists on turning back into a boy before they date even when Suzu's said it's 100% fine.

I assume Suzu'll turn up the heat now that Yabuki's free.

Yeah, this chapter was more about Suzu realizing that Matsuri turning into a girl was a good thing for the both of them, while kinda officially wrapping up the early plot point of the series of Suzu dealing with figuring out she's bi

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Sakamoto: dayum. So can Shin read the remote guy’s mind? I wouldn’t think so.

Ayakashi: Honestly this chapter and the previous felt a little messy? But there’s a lot of setup of stakes happening here.

Doron: echoing amigopolus.

Elusive: I still have something of a love/bored relationship with this manga, but it seems like it’s starting to setup a conclusion? It has a finish baked in from the start.

Roboco was pretty sweet and kinda funny

Shugomaru: got a good solid few laughs from me. How popular is Yugoih still in Japan?

Witch watch: I like the Nemu chapters, but I share amigopolus’ opinion. I would like to see the story take even a tiny step forward. Like in the first arc where someone sent her enchanted clothes to carry her off

Mashle: Solves it’s problems in the best way, which is immediately.

Undead unlock: you know this series for me suffers greatly from: “I love everyone, except the leads”. Fortunately Rip is here again. :allears:

Earthchild: Oh Earthchild. You know it started pretty okay actually. Tiny time skip to home mill things over. I was actually almost bored. But then Albert shows up as if this was a comedy manga. Followed immediately by the chief, who is definitely a good guy now apparently. Which actually managed to make me more annoyed, this is a serious story. Why are they bungling around?
But then we get a lot of exposition which does absolutely nothing and I’m thoroughly entertained again.
Yes, saving Kareri will break the curse, because then she will have survived which will break the cycle of death….wait a minute! The guy telling us this is an earth child who survived and it didn’t do poo poo to break the alleged curse! :wtc:

We have no idea what happens on the other side of a black hole, but here I am merged with my brother after my heart was crushed and he somehow picked up a literal ball of psychic energy to sacrifice himself into the black hole?

How would breaking the “curse” even stop black holes being formed under the crust of the earth?

Oh wait, you don’t want to force grow your kid? Our only plan? Well, guess we’ll accept that and go for the other only plan.
And I guess the title makes sense now? This was Binary light one and last one was Binary dark zero. Guess it solved jtself, really ties into the story into a meaningful way. :psyduck:

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 18, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm all caught up with World Trigger and while I'm enjoying the story it currently feels a little spread thin with all the different teams. Also, is there an explanation for what happened in chapter 197 where the character art got all funky for a couple of pages?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

muscles like this! posted:

I'm all caught up with World Trigger and while I'm enjoying the story it currently feels a little spread thin with all the different teams. Also, is there an explanation for what happened in chapter 197 where the character art got all funky for a couple of pages?

Ashihara probably couldn't finish them in time. He's got a serious case of cervical spondylosis, so sometimes he's in too much pain to be able to draw.
It's why WT moved from weekly to monthly to mostly-monthly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope this Mashle training arc also includes his wand. We haven't seen that enough for my liking.

Also I think it's kinda weird that we're getting strong mages even though nobody was able to use that wand.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

Ah well, if this means Earthchild gets to live longer to show how not to write a story than I'm all for it.

Earthchild, against all logic and reason, is going to blow up into the next Naruto-tier sensation. All the kids will be dressing up as the Earthchild for Halloween and they'll release 20 Earthchild games where you can pit all your favorite Earthchildren against one another in combat.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Earthchild doesn't know what the gently caress it's even saying at this point. Saving Kareri has absolutely nothing to do with breaking the Eartchilren's "curse" because it's been noted that Earthchildren can survive their last mission, and the only thing that happens is they become less powerful when a new Earthchild is born. Saving Kareri at this point is just continuing the cycle.

If it's really supposed to be about breaking the "curse" and freeing Earthchildren then they should focus on destroying loving WASTE, not befriending those assholes. They're the ones who conscript babies and forcibly grow them, who built psi-dampeners to keep Earthchildren in line, who built a memory-erasing device that can be used against an Eartchild's family. Nothing about the organization screams "good guy" to anyone. :psyduck:

Darth TNT posted:

Oh wait, you don’t want to force grow your kid? Our only plan? Well, guess we’ll accept that and go for the other only plan.
And I guess the title makes sense now? This was Binary light one and last one was Binary dark zero. Guess it solved jtself, really ties into the story into a meaningful way. :psyduck:

Sure we could have done timeskips to show the baby improving and growing up, but we really needed that moral dilemma that the MC turns down anyway. How else do we establish that the MC married and hosed a minor?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Earthchild, against all logic and reason, is going to blow up into the next Naruto-tier sensation. All the kids will be dressing up as the Earthchild for Halloween and they'll release 20 Earthchild games where you can pit all your favorite Earthchildren against one another in combat.

Sadly, the Earthchild fighting games will somewhat overshadow the far superior Blue Box cart racing series.

Harry tends to dominate the tournament scene, but I think Taiki's wider power slide timing window makes him a better pick for beginners.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I hope this Mashle training arc also includes his wand. We haven't seen that enough for my liking.

Also I think it's kinda weird that we're getting strong mages even though nobody was able to use that wand.

I'm never certain if the metal rod he keeps changing is supposed to be his wand or not.

amigolupus posted:

Earthchild doesn't know what the gently caress it's even saying at this point. Saving Kareri has absolutely nothing to do with breaking the Eartchilren's "curse" because it's been noted that Earthchildren can survive their last mission, and the only thing that happens is they become less powerful when a new Earthchild is born. Saving Kareri at this point is just continuing the cycle.

If it's really supposed to be about breaking the "curse" and freeing Earthchildren then they should focus on destroying loving WASTE, not befriending those assholes. They're the ones who conscript babies and forcibly grow them, who built psi-dampeners to keep Earthchildren in line, who built a memory-erasing device that can be used against an Eartchild's family. Nothing about the organization screams "good guy" to anyone. :psyduck:

Sure we could have done timeskips to show the baby improving and growing up, but we really needed that moral dilemma that the MC turns down anyway. How else do we establish that the MC married and hosed a minor?
At what point did it know what it was saying?

Also I'll have you know Katagiri brought food, so obviously WASTE is good now.

Maybe we're being to harsh on some of this? Albert is something of an unreliable narrator with an unhinged view of the world. Maybe we shouldn't take his word on the "curse" quite as seriously. No one else has called it a curse. But then, no one has called out his bullshit yet either.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

amigolupus posted:

Earthchild: Something about the storytelling reminds me of Mookie's approach, where they're too focused on using the comic to respond to people's criticisms rather than actually telling a story that's good. Like, how the in the world is any of this supposed to end the curse of Earthchildren? How would getting Kareri back solve the problem that Earth faces crisis after crisis or the mystery of who is the disembodied voice? Also, Albert's heart getting crushed and replaced with his brother's had absolutely nothing to do with his backstory of his brother jumping into a black hole??? :psyduck: And dear god, why did they not sweep under the rug the whole 'Earthchildren got aged up by 10 years' plot point? By showing how it affected Albert's life and how he became older than his older brother, it only just serves to remind us that the MC hosed and married a minor.

Every time I read a spoiler for this series it makes less and less sense.

edit: When/if this series ends I should go through all the posts in this thread about it and try to summarize the whole plot based solely off of those posts

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Every time I read a spoiler for this series it makes less and less sense.

edit: When/if this series ends I should go through all the posts in this thread about it and try to summarize the whole plot based solely off of those posts

Please do. :allears:

New Manga:
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013160

I think it's interesting and oddly progressive in a way.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope this means they're going to translate the new series from the tell c author

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth TNT posted:

New Manga:

Agreed. Hopefully it finds a way to stay interesting and unique.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm always down for new romcoms.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope bug guy is a regular.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I should have really seen it coming, but that last page was gold. :allears:

I'll deffo check the next few chapters.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another batch of Ragna Crimson. I do wind up re-reading the previous couple chapters to compensate for the gaps in translation releases but I really love this confrontation despite Ever character in the silverware corps I liked dying horribly. RIP Starlia, Old man Garm, Christopher, and that one dude whose head just exploded. Also get hosed Nephilim. Also, this is one hell of an introduction for who I think is the next Dragon King on the docket.

I know I'm going to love them.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Darth TNT posted:

New Manga:

Oh, that was a great first chapter. Very interested to see where it goes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fun twist, i hope they do find a way to commit to the bit

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Another batch of Ragna Crimson. I do wind up re-reading the previous couple chapters to compensate for the gaps in translation releases but I really love this confrontation despite Ever character in the silverware corps I liked dying horribly. RIP Starlia, Old man Garm, Christopher, and that one dude whose head just exploded. Also get hosed Nephilim. Also, this is one hell of an introduction for who I think is the next Dragon King on the docket.

I know I'm going to love them.

Even when I lose track of what happened in previous chapters this manga always leaves me excited for me.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I've admitted to myself I've super lost track of the transformations, individual battles, who's alive or dead and where anyone is in time and space, I'm gonna read the whole battle once it's over.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1516747762393571328?s=20&t=Fv2JnVs_cdo8rPzU2eBn_g

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, new batch starting in about two weeks, then?

Well, we're about to see how many series about going to die, then. I doubt we're only getting a triangle replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
You know, I'm wondering if Undead/Unluck is heading towards a conclusion. The story seems to be naturally going towards that with the sheer amount of Uma's taken out, Ragnarok being upon them, Rip actively working at stealing the Ark and 2 agents of God directly intervening. If you were to tell me it's going to end in 4 or so chapters I'd believe you and it might have a good ending at that.