Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
jadis looking a little too eager to hear alison's answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

shouldn't she already know the answer?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
How... many... how... many times have we been here, Allison? How many times have you woken up, broken, in a foreign bed? The bed won't always be there, Allison. It's dark and cold, and the lake is silent. Your friends have gone home. Nobody is there anymore.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 22, 2022

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
If Incubus can come to Allison in her dreams, then surely Jadis can as well.

I'm thinking this is a mindscape that Jadis is building and she is bringing Allison into it.

1) It's very soothing and Allison is much too whole.
2) We've seen Allison's mindscape before and it is a clusterfuck. Half of her personalities are probably dead or comatose now. She can't make out with ambition and get out of it this time.

Now the follow-up question for this mindscape.
Is Jadis creating this so Allison can mentally heal and process her emotions without flailing around and destroying the expensive medical tubes hooked up to her? Or is Jadis keeping her in the mindscape to imprison Allison? Much easier to lop off limbs for experimentation if the person is comatose.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

OhFunny posted:

How... many... how... many times have we been here, Allison? How many times have you woken up, broken, in a foreign bed? The bed won't always be there, Allison. It's dark and cold, and the lake is silent. Your friends have gone home. Nobody is there anymore.

Some nice Monsters vs Aliens vibes there

[Susan wakes up on board Gallaxhar's spaceship in a containment cell]

Gallaxhar: [enters on a personal hovercraft] You must be terrified. You wake up in a strange place, wearing strange clothes, imprisoned by a strange being floating on a strange hovering device. Strange, isn't it?

Susan Murphy: Hardly. It's not the first time.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Maybe this isn't a mindscape, it's a flashback. Allison's sorority initiation was brutal.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah I think she's just been in a hospital bed for so long her muscle atrophied

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

shouldn't she already know the answer?
Who said she's asking for herself?

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I wonder when we'll see what's become of Solomon. I'm curious if we'll shortly be receiving an infodump flashback to see what became of the various story threads that are unresolved thus far. I could also see us not finding out until the next time Jagganoth appears, like some kind of inverse Gandalf vs the Balrog flashback to see what he's been up to since their encounter on Rayuba.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

hyperbolic time chamber of the mind power-hour incoming

physical ed is over, allison, it's time to hit some books

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The preview page explains it. It's not a mindscape.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 23, 2022

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

TK-42-1 posted:

The preview page explains it. It's not a mindscape.

Don't do this, cmon

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 23, 2022

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

This is also why Jadis looks like a normal woman, mostly.

And I just realized: wouldn't some omnidirectional godly cutting break a cube

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
She's still looking pretty cut even while emancipated and limbless in the real world. I'm on team "this is within her mind"

I also think that Jadis has woken her up in her dreamscape many times, as therapy sessions while her body heals, and each one sort of fades away like a dream after. Until she is ready to face what just happened and wake up for real.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

I refuse to click this link. Begone foul ghost of the future!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Not cool. Seriously. Encouraging people to sub to Patreon is fine. Revealing info you learned from Patreon is not.

M_Gargantua posted:

I refuse to click this link. Begone foul ghost of the future!

Don't worry, it's spoiler-free unless you're already paying.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

I also think that Jadis has woken her up in her dreamscape many times, as therapy sessions while her body heals, and each one sort of fades away like a dream after. Until she is ready to face what just happened and wake up for real.

Jadis move title drop: thick af glasses, speaking french and smoking three packs of cigarrettes

AUGUST ENLIGHTENMENT THOUSAND-FOLD PATH
POST-LACANIAN HYPNOPSYCHODYNAMIC THERAPY
ANCHORING THE WOUNDED SELF

(incidentally this is the new game plan against jagganoth)

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I was thinking mind palace until I noticed that skinny right arm. I'd guess Alison's been out for a long time and Jadis has patched her up. I'm also inclined to trust Jadis because she hasn't taken advantage of Alison's condition to try and steal the Key of Kings.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Can people subscribing to the Patreon please avoid lifting their skirts and going tee hee hee.

I sub to the Patreon as well, just stop. It'll become unsustainable.

Wyld Karde posted:

I was thinking mind palace until I noticed that skinny right arm. I'd guess Alison's been out for a long time and Jadis has patched her up. I'm also inclined to trust Jadis because she hasn't taken advantage of Alison's condition to try and steal the Key of Kings.

Just from, like, a pacing standpoint, I have to guess that we're due some relief and thinking. Even if the pressure is still mounting on the characters and the 777,777 universes are locked in a pan-dimensional torrent of blood, it's time to check in on some of the multitudinous open threads.

Regarding the key, I don't think any of the demiurges Allison has come across has really made any motions to take her key. Mottom kinda-sorta half-rear end wanted help because she guessed that's what she ought to do, Mammon couldn't give a gently caress with the 111,111 living brain cells he has left, Sampson Israel MacAbraham literally could not make novel decisions, uhhh let's seee.....Sadbrains Worm has literally no direction other than spite and bitter, tragic hollowness, and I'm fairly certain there's more to Puddle Boy that we will learn that will explain his thusfar-inexplicable restraint in the face of ambition.

I wonder what flavor of "I can't handle this poo poo anymore" struck Jadis. I really want to know what she's like. This is exciting.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 23, 2022

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Wyld Karde posted:

Yeah I have a feeling the problem with Jadis is going to be that she ends being the most "reasonable" of the demiurges and will offer Allison something that is going to be very hard for her to refuse. If I remember right, she is associated with sloth so it might be some flavor of: hey the universe sucks, pain sucks, wanna just go somewhere and chill for eternity?

That's my guess anyways.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 23, 2022

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Potato Salad posted:

Can people subscribing to the Patreon please avoid lifting their skirts and going tee hee hee.

I sub to the Patreon as well, just stop. It'll become unsustainable.

people got pretty good at not doing this, I think everyone's just a bit out of practice.

Seriously though, at least try to be coy or something if you have to spoil stuff with patreon info

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vagabong posted:

people got pretty good at not doing this, I think everyone's just a bit out of practice.

Seriously though, at least try to be coy or something if you have to spoil stuff with patreon info

imo it's not even worth walking anywhere close to the line

obviously this is an open discussion, I am one voice among many

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Goddamn I can't believe the whole cast has hardcore sex with each other after everyone came back to life!

Edit: poo poo wrong patreon

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vagabong posted:

Very much do not be coy, that tends to end up even worse. Just accept looking at the patreon spoiler means you don't get to participate in the speculation discussion.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Yeah sorry. Forgot how to do this. Not trying to be coy just dumb.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, I've stopped participating in the thread at all because trying to have a conversation where I pretend I don't already know the next step in the dance is just more trouble than it's worth.

It's frustrating.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Shoehead posted:

Yeah I think she's just been in a hospital bed for so long her muscle atrophied

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel like the better solution would be that the patreon subscribers just talk freely about the most current update and the non-subscribers either suck it up or subscribe and give abaddon money but i am a venal, vindictive creature

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

i feel like the better solution would be that the patreon subscribers just talk freely about the most current update and the non-subscribers either suck it up or subscribe and give abaddon money but i am a venal, vindictive creature

It seemed obvious from the last on-site page that the replacement arm is all spindly compared to the other one, atrophied muscles or no, so it's not a fake. Or at least, not obviously so.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm a Patreon and I don't like Abbadon tempting me to read the update a week early. It's uncivil. Make me wait a week like regular people.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Ok but the real question is how do Jadis' followers see through their cone helmets? That one guy clacking away at his terminal is not just doing that all from memory is he?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I think Jadis should be firmly pro-Allison.

Everyone is caged by fate but Jadis can see the cage and Allison broke it with the furious dumbassery we so adore.

I think she's going to be an ally but she'll have a soft heel turn when she explains 'How the Universe Turns' and Allison will have to reject the temptation of her form of control.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Not wild about the Patreon previews in general, half the fun is the debate/speculation here that is now staggered. At least the old ones were unfinished pages without dialogue, so still surprises on release.

Sucks to avoid reading them only to have someone talk about it here, feel half pressured to look but that'd break the speculation.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Ok but the real question is how do Jadis' followers see through their cone helmets? That one guy clacking away at his terminal is not just doing that all from memory is he?

magetek of course

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Brought To You By posted:

one-way mirrors? :goleft:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
They're all mildly clairvoyant and having their eyes concealed has no correlation to how well they see.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I was firmly in the "this is a mindscape" camp until I looked again at the first panel of today's second page - Allison's hair is WAY longer than it has ever been at any point in the comic. None of her mindscape images have ever shown her with hair even close to that length. So I suspect it's real space, and she's been there quite a while.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i wonder when we're gonna get to the part we'll hate

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Mimesweeper posted:

i wonder when we're gonna get to the part we'll hate

The part we hate is the medical bills he had to deal with during this pause

Adbot