Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hi. My partner saw you from across the bar and we really dig your vibe.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Hizke, here’s a Kirby suit. It should come in handy if you, the master of bollard loving, take it with you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Talk about a Jill Sandwich lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i had a dream last night that my wife finally got around to playing kingdom hearts 3. for awhile the game was pretty normal for what i'd expect from kingdom hearts, but then she found some pages to return to the 100 acre wood. what followed was a cover of "Hephalumps and Woozles" performed by lil nas x, with a full music video of him in costumes playing all the hephalumps and woozles. my kids have been into the winnie pooh so i have seen it a lot lately and my brain did an excellent job of producing a version of every sequence in the song, but it looked like it had been made in the 80s with bad green screen. it seemed intentional. i truly don't know why lil nas x was involved because i'm too old for new music and i only really know him from the radio. the winnie the pooh characters were all awkwardly dancing around in the corner, but they looked like their hosed up live action versions from the 80s tv show:

halfway through a big anime drawing of sora popped up on the side, reacting to the whole thing with exaggerated facial expressions. when the song concluded, all the winnie the pooh characters held up a ranking like it was karaoke in yakuza, and all of them were 0.0 because my wife hadn't understand that it had been a mini-game. it played horns dot aiff while it displayed the scores. she told me i had to play this for her because i was good at karaoke mini-games, and i confidently picked up the controller. i was kind of excited because to be honest, the cover was pretty good and hephalumps and woozles is obviously the best song in winnie the pooh. but when i led sora back to the 100 acre wood book, the game cut to what looked like a tiny quicktime movie of lil nas walking up to the screen and looking out, like he was seeing me. he pulled down his sunglasses, shook his head and said "nope, i'm out." it immediately cut to the pooh animals holding 0.0 signs again while sora cried. i tried to interact with it again, but it kept just playing an audio clip of pooh saying "oh, bother." my wife was furious and kept saying that i had ruined her file. she said "how would yuou like it if i hosed up your save in elden ring?" and before i could control myself, i said "but you wouldn't even know how..." she got so furious that she stormed out of the house and drove away. i looked back at the tv and nas was shaking his head disapprovingly, and i woke up yelling "oh, gently caress off!"

Hizke posted:

Had one where I was playing the original resident evil but was also in the game. I was like there with barry and Jill and they would do their lines and I'd laugh. Every time I laughed though they would just look at me and it was unsettling. After awhile they acknowledged my presence and were talking to me but instead of being in the arklay mansion we were in like a hosed up version of my bedroom and Barry goes let's all get on the bed ha ha ha and I laughed and said something like no man, there are zombies out there. Thats all I remember of it

lmao I love the dream thread

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i had a dream last night that my wife finally got around to playing kingdom hearts 3. for awhile the game was pretty normal for what i'd expect from kingdom hearts, but then she found some pages to return to the 100 acre wood. what followed was a cover of "Hephalumps and Woozles" performed by lil nas x, with a full music video of him in costumes playing all the hephalumps and woozles. my kids have been into the winnie pooh so i have seen it a lot lately and my brain did an excellent job of producing a version of every sequence in the song, but it looked like it had been made in the 80s with bad green screen. it seemed intentional. i truly don't know why lil nas x was involved because i'm too old for new music and i only really know him from the radio. the winnie the pooh characters were all awkwardly dancing around in the corner, but they looked like their hosed up live action versions from the 80s tv show:

halfway through a big anime drawing of sora popped up on the side, reacting to the whole thing with exaggerated facial expressions. when the song concluded, all the winnie the pooh characters held up a ranking like it was karaoke in yakuza, and all of them were 0.0 because my wife hadn't understand that it had been a mini-game. it played horns dot aiff while it displayed the scores. she told me i had to play this for her because i was good at karaoke mini-games, and i confidently picked up the controller. i was kind of excited because to be honest, the cover was pretty good and hephalumps and woozles is obviously the best song in winnie the pooh. but when i led sora back to the 100 acre wood book, the game cut to what looked like a tiny quicktime movie of lil nas walking up to the screen and looking out, like he was seeing me. he pulled down his sunglasses, shook his head and said "nope, i'm out." it immediately cut to the pooh animals holding 0.0 signs again while sora cried. i tried to interact with it again, but it kept just playing an audio clip of pooh saying "oh, bother." my wife was furious and kept saying that i had ruined her file. she said "how would yuou like it if i hosed up your save in elden ring?" and before i could control myself, i said "but you wouldn't even know how..." she got so furious that she stormed out of the house and drove away. i looked back at the tv and nas was shaking his head disapprovingly, and i woke up yelling "oh, gently caress off!"

lmfoa

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Lmfao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i tried to interact with it again, but it kept just playing an audio clip of pooh saying "oh, bother." my wife was furious and kept saying that i had ruined her file. she said "how would yuou like it if i hosed up your save in elden ring?" and before i could control myself, i said "but you wouldn't even know how..." she got so furious that she stormed out of the house and drove away. i looked back at the tv and nas was shaking his head disapprovingly, and i woke up yelling "oh, gently caress off!"

whole thing was great but lmfao at the ending sequence in particular

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

dreamt that I was in my kitchen slicing onions and the slices were dissolving into hundreds of little white LEGO studs. I looked closer to figure out why this was happening and realized that the studs were actually tiny Blue Toads shrieking at the top of their lungs.

I heard keys rattling in a lock behind me at the front door and whirled around in terror, and woke myself up muttering “oh god Mario’s almost home”

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

dreamt that I was in my kitchen slicing onions and the slices were dissolving into hundreds of little white LEGO studs. I looked closer to figure out why this was happening and realized that the studs were actually tiny Blue Toads shrieking at the top of their lungs.

I heard keys rattling in a lock behind me at the front door and whirled around in terror, and woke myself up muttering “oh god Mario’s almost home”

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
Probably been playing too many LOTR games on gamecube but I took a nap and had a dream that I unlocked a character in return of the king called "Samdalf" and it was Sam in a white robe with Gandalfs powers and died in 1 hit and for whatever reason once you unlocked him he was the only character you could play as and it autosaved and I had to restart the game over from the beginning and look up a guide on how not to unlock Samdalf

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

Probably been playing too many LOTR games on gamecube but I took a nap and had a dream that I unlocked a character in return of the king called "Samdalf" and it was Sam in a white robe with Gandalfs powers and died in 1 hit and for whatever reason once you unlocked him he was the only character you could play as and it autosaved and I had to restart the game over from the beginning and look up a guide on how not to unlock Samdalf

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

small part of a larger dream, bicyclops posted he was married to dweezil zappa's daughter and whn everyone was like oh poo poo thats awesome he kept saying yeah well she can't play the marimba in a way that made everyone feel uncomfortable

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dreamed they made a new Pirate Warriors game and that I was playing as what apparently was the best character gameplay wise, Gaimon(aka the dude with the giant green afro that was stuck inside a treasure chest) because somehow his attacks were all about just jumping into the enemy crowds and creating insane damage Shockwaves that also stunned them or summoning a wave of feral animals as his super attack.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Fungah! posted:

small part of a larger dream, bicyclops posted he was married to dweezil zappa's daughter and whn everyone was like oh poo poo thats awesome he kept saying yeah well she can't play the marimba in a way that made everyone feel uncomfortable

Lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
one of the pickups introduced in binding of isaac repentance is a golden penny that when you pick it up it has like a 90% chance to respawn on that room, usually making it so you pick it up over and over. there are also sticky nickels that you cant pick up unless you bomb them.

i dreamt a combination of both where each time it respawned you had to bomb it to pick it up and it was so frustratingly annoying it woke me up

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

one of the pickups introduced in binding of isaac repentance is a golden penny that when you pick it up it has like a 90% chance to respawn on that room, usually making it so you pick it up over and over. there are also sticky nickels that you cant pick up unless you bomb them.

i dreamt a combination of both where each time it respawned you had to bomb it to pick it up and it was so frustratingly annoying it woke me up

dont let edmund see this post or he'll put it into the game lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had a dream that Elden Ring was now a stage play that was absolutely taking the world by storm. it was shown in this tiny black box theater with 8 actors dressed in foot soldier or kaiden armor sitting on blocks in a row on stage.

the way it worked was they played a recording of the opening movie (just audio) and then played a special sound miyakazi had discovered that induced "manipulatable sleep." the audience was told that if they stared at the actors, they'd know when they were "awoken." at the beginning of everyone's theatrical dream, the 8 actors on stage suddenly would turn hostile and start slashing into the audience with swords. then there was always a car chase where you had to drive away on a motorcycle while the guards chased after in a car.

at that point, people had to discover their own "personal great rune," something specific and meaningful to them. people walked out of the theater crying and saying it had changed their lives. it didn't work for me (I always woke up after the car chase), but I was told it was because I was a "conduit," a person who strengthened other people's dream experiences, and they hired me to sit in the audience full time. because it was such an easy job, I was also in charge of "pizza Wednesdays," when the audience would receive a pizza in their dream as well and wake up sated (it was as easy as ordering pizza in the real world).

I got a lot of free tickets as well so I'd brought lots of friends to see it. they were having an elementary school teacher appreciation day, so I invited my mom (who was a kindergarten teacher, is now retired). she was so terrified that she woke up immediately after hearing the dream-inducing sound and asked to leave, so I cut out of work to walk her home (we'd taken the train in and she's not used to that). as soon as we got to the subway station, it seemed like someone was following us. my mother freaked out and started dodge rolling and jumping away like she was an Elden Ring PC, and she got on the wrong train. suddenly I realized that something was off, that maybe we were still dreaming in the theater, and I wrenched myself awake. it worked - I woke up sweating in bed.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream that Elden Ring was now a stage play that was absolutely taking the world by storm. it was shown in this tiny black box theater with 8 actors dressed in foot soldier or kaiden armor sitting on blocks in a row on stage.

the way it worked was they played a recording of the opening movie (just audio) and then played a special sound miyakazi had discovered that induced "manipulatable sleep." the audience was told that if they stared at the actors, they'd know when they were "awoken." at the beginning of everyone's theatrical dream, the 8 actors on stage suddenly would turn hostile and start slashing into the audience with swords. then there was always a car chase where you had to drive away on a motorcycle while the guards chased after in a car.

at that point, people had to discover their own "personal great rune," something specific and meaningful to them. people walked out of the theater crying and saying it had changed their lives. it didn't work for me (I always woke up after the car chase), but I was told it was because I was a "conduit," a person who strengthened other people's dream experiences, and they hired me to sit in the audience full time. because it was such an easy job, I was also in charge of "pizza Wednesdays," when the audience would receive a pizza in their dream as well and wake up sated (it was as easy as ordering pizza in the real world).

I got a lot of free tickets as well so I'd brought lots of friends to see it. they were having an elementary school teacher appreciation day, so I invited my mom (who was a kindergarten teacher, is now retired). she was so terrified that she woke up immediately after hearing the dream-inducing sound and asked to leave, so I cut out of work to walk her home (we'd taken the train in and she's not used to that). as soon as we got to the subway station, it seemed like someone was following us. my mother freaked out and started dodge rolling and jumping away like she was an Elden Ring PC, and she got on the wrong train. suddenly I realized that something was off, that maybe we were still dreaming in the theater, and I wrenched myself awake. it worked - I woke up sweating in bed.

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lmao amazing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

:kstare:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

pizza Wednesdays ftmfw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

Honestly I'm mad that the immersive dream thing isn't real.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

The plan? increase sales of miyazaki's game by advertising it in people's dreams.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whats this? thanks to the dream i activated my personal great rune...!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

The plan? increase sales of miyazaki's game by advertising it in people's dreams.

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Fungah! posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Fungah! posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

lol