Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of hard to gauge how much of the story is left since this current arc just added in a bunch of new things. Plus there's always the potential of doing another loop, although if that happens I assume it would be more abbreviated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

You know, I'm wondering if Undead/Unluck is heading towards a conclusion. The story seems to be naturally going towards that with the sheer amount of Uma's taken out, Ragnarok being upon them, Rip actively working at stealing the Ark and 2 agents of God directly intervening. If you were to tell me it's going to end in 4 or so chapters I'd believe you and it might have a good ending at that.

I don't think it's ending, I just think a Loop is going to happen. After all it would be a bit weird if this series brought up there are loops, but never actually had one happen.

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of hard to gauge how much of the story is left since this current arc just added in a bunch of new things. Plus there's always the potential of doing another loop, although if that happens I assume it would be more abbreviated.

It was implied that events during Loops are very different.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Don’t know why I didn’t consider a loop. But yeah, a loop is also very possible. In which case, maybe Andy will fail to save Fuuko and kill Rip (permanently) only to go on the loop himself and do things differently.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I thought the ark was out of juice and this was the last loop

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

I thought the ark was out of juice and this was the last loop

The Ark has enough juice for one more Loop.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Next arc of Black Clover will be the final one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And what a twist the last chapter ended on

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That means nothing. How many shounen have had their final arc drag out for years?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Julias posted:

And what a twist the last chapter ended on

It caught me off guard with how stupid it was

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That means nothing. How many shounen have had their final arc drag out for years?

Some, but fewer these days.

Jump's current model is less likely to encourage writers to drag out the conclusion to a series. Chainsaw Man is one of the most dramatic examples, but there's also Doctor Stone, which went from the conclusion of the Xeno arc to the finale in less than 60 chapters, and MHA seems to be having a year long final arc or less. I don't think it's likely that there are years left in Black Clover now... which means Jump has a very interesting couple of years ahead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

It caught me off guard with how stupid it was

There were hints that the Time Devil was involved with the Lucifero fight. As the Clock gets focused on several times during the fight, speculation is that each time was Astaroth reversing time to prevent them losing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hopefully itll be better than the last arc. Theres actually personal stakes coming up and BC hasnt worked well without that.

Plus the authors taking a lengthy break, and I think the signs of burnout were pretty clear.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hopefully itll be better than the last arc. Theres actually personal stakes coming up and BC hasnt worked well without that.

Plus the authors taking a lengthy break, and I think the signs of burnout were pretty clear.

Yeah he said he was taking a Hiatus and was going to plan out the manuscripts. Which is something that generally helps out with plotting anything.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ayashimon: It's all sack!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ayashimon: I wondered if they were going to go there and was not disappointed.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Elusive Samurai: Such great art this week
Ayashimon: My god, it's a five-star scrotel.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I’m not done reading yet, but Ayashimon will no doubt win this weekend as the best manga.

Ayashimon: That’s one heck of a twin suite

Doron: another weirdo joins the party!

Mash: More training! For everyone!

Earthchild: :allears: we needed a new person to be swayed and this plan is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read.
But hey, at least it doesn’t outright completely contradict itself.
Spoiler for the people reading along the discussion:
The previous Earthchild, who gets winded easily by using his power strapped the baby to his chest and then lifted dad into the air. Because the baby wants to be with dad, the baby would then lift him along up as well and this way they would lift eachother up to space.
And so they did go to space. :psyduck:
I can’t make this poo poo up

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I got a laugh out of the Haikyu one-shot, what with Kageyama's meta commentary

"People may come for hot dudes, but they'll stay for the volleyball"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Elusive's new chapter makes me wonder if they are doing a redemption arc for Shokan of all people (i hope it doesn't) or just show him as struggling with his past acts as a bandit.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
That Ayashimon chapter was nuts.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
That Haikyu one shot was so good and it makes me wish the Furudate would start a new serialization already

I wonder if he's constantly fielding offers from the various volleyball authorities of the world that amount to "pleeeease do more haikyu"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ayashimon: I should have fuckin' seen it coming but I didn't and I'm a moron.

Akane-banshi: I like that the teacher here is actually very reasonable when you see it from her perspective and not just some caricature. Also nice to see that Akane does actually have a school life and isn't just rakugo 24/7.

Elusive Samurai: Man, I didn't think Shokan had actually repented, cause his reappearance was during a battle, so it caught me off guard. Things just got a lot more interesting and tense! Also loving hilarious that Tokiyuki's reflection of the weirdos he's met include the bloodthirsty bland faced dude and the curry shop owner (who doesn't even loving exist at that point in time, he was just a metaphor for Yorishige's expression!).

Mashle: I can't wait for Cream Puff Boy vs Pudding Man.

Roboco: Roboco's art disturbs me. Really feelin' Bondo this chapter.

Sakamoto Days: Great chapter as usual, but it's funny that the examinees are so much more durable than all the examiners. Also I thought the dude was an android but no it's just a human being piloted in his sleep, it's so loving hilarious. Especially with Kishima being such a stickler for the rules. I like Kishima, he's like the one dude with common sense on Team Slur and even then he's a fanatical devout to Slur.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Plutonis posted:

Elusive's new chapter makes me wonder if they are doing a redemption arc for Shokan of all people (i hope it doesn't) or just show him as struggling with his past acts as a bandit.

Nah, this isn't a redemption arc. Shokan may have found God but he's still a monster who has stated in this very chapter that he is going to kill yet another child. He may have been a bandit with no master before, but a samurai with a master, ultimately, is still an ugly thing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Shokan isn't an abusive parent, so he can't be redeemed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shugomaru hasn't really been bad lately, but i think i'm just tired of these other kids and could really use an extended break from them.

and it was nice to have the little tribute to Hoshino in JJK this week. with how infrequent her schedule can be it's nice to still see appreciation for her from other high profile authors like this.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh, and the evil shogi girl is cute. i'm excited to see this arc take over HSF like dad's volleyball did.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

oh, and the evil shogi girl is cute. i'm excited to see this arc take over HSF like dad's volleyball did.

Shugomaru?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

No, High School Family.

This week had a new first year girl visit the Shogi club.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks, dog was refusing to tell me what the manga was despite my repeated questions.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Okay, MARRIAGETOXIN is off to a great start. I'm really enjoying it so far

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I read it through the app and was exposed to reader's comments which were... surprisingly okay and mostly consisted of 'JUST MARRY ALREADY YOU TWO'.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I read it through the app and was exposed to reader's comments which were... surprisingly okay and mostly consisted of 'JUST MARRY ALREADY YOU TWO'.

I mean, they're right

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, they're right

:hmmyes:

And the hook for future plot development is already baked in, because the reason why the protagonist wants to marry someone in the first place is to produce heir for Poison Clan, which might be a bit... difficult.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, they're right

Oh, I wasn't criticizing, I was actually surprised they weren't homophobic jokes!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lt. Lizard posted:

And the hook for future plot development is already baked in, because the reason why the protagonist wants to marry someone in the first place is to produce heir for Poison Clan, which might be a bit... difficult.

Listen, he can try.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Mulva posted:

Listen, he can try.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

Seconded. This second chapter had some great laughs and this is a very progressive manga so far.

Also: how about that Choujin X?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Darth TNT posted:

Also: how about that Choujin X?

I just read this today and am liking it a lot so far. The latest chapter was :stare: as hell

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I lost a lot of interest in Tokyo Ghoul in the second half mostly because every character started to look the same and I could not follow anything.

I look forward to every chapter of Choujin X and these last few chapters have been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Monster #8: Oddly enough, the manga is the opposite of Doron Dororon with something - It's introducing all these new members of the force but none of them feel interesting or amusing enough to care about.

Marriagetoxin: Still pretty dang weird, but interesting! I like how the central conceit is basically "the straights are causing trouble for everyone". :v:

Bakuman: Finally done! The manga's still got some amazing points like how it goes into the nitty-gritty of creating manga and presenting it in a fun way (something Time Plagiarist failed to do). Them using the final part of the manga to apologize for creating the L's Successors arc in Death Note was also hilarious. Rereading this again also highlights a couple issues with the manga. 1) It's horrible treatment of the female cast. (Miho's a prize, Kaya got housewife'd, Aoki went from haughty to demure girlfriend and Akina was pretty much manipulated). 2) Mashiro and Miho's relationship is touted as this amazing fairy tale romance, but it's honestly unhealthy. They've never spent time with each other in person for 10 years and then they're jumping straight into marriage. There were also several times where Mashiro didn't tell Miho key information that could affect their future.

Doron Dororon: Another solid character introduction. I was totally resigning myself to Naotora being Hinata 2.0 and was pleasantly surprised by how Dora sets some boundaries. He tells her that watching him from behind a pillar is creepy and if she just wanted to be friends, then she should come hang out with him. Naotora turning out to be a berserker was great.

Witch Watch: Some really good characterization in this chapter but I'm not a fan of that ending.

Ron Kamonohashi: A pretty good break from the murders, but not a mystery. It's nice to see the cast all getting together like this just hanging out.

High School Family: *ZAWA ZAWA looms in the distance* Now that the dad's done with his arc, looks like it's time for the kid sister to shine. :allears:

Me & Roboco: Maybe it's just me, but the manga's felt kinda stale with its jokes these days. On the plus side, it hasn't done any terrible jokes all the ones near the end of Agravity Boys.

Sakamoto Days: Them hiring this dude from an online ad was a fantastic gag. Also, I wonder if Heisuke was unpopular with the readers somehow, because Kaji feels like a similar archetype, what with being shy and awkward around others.

Akane-Banashi: I know the teacher's been talked about, but Jumbo was also a nice surprise. There's a wholesome lesson there about how just because you were a lovely kid doesn't mean you'd stay that way forever. Though the fact that the mangaka chose to have Jumbo grow as a person over the years makes me wonder what it means for the guy that expelled Akane's dad. We still don't know his motivation, but is it gonna turn out that he regretted doing that? Is him recruiting a bunch of new talent and wanting to change the Rakugo world some form of atonement? The story's got me hooked, that's for sure.

Earthchild (spoilering this because it feels like tradition at this point :v:): For all the fuss this series kicked up about how difficult it was to get to space, and how they might need to accelerate the baby's age by 10 years and all the troubling implications that brought, them floating to space in the span of 2 pages sure is a loving decision, all right.

On another note, Maromi is surprisingly likable, but probably not for the reasons the author intended. I guess we're supposed to think that while Maromi makes some good points about Earthchildren being bullshit, she's wrong because she doesn't have the full context about how heroic the MC is, and she's wrong for being so willing to throw her life away? But something about how the captain didn't tell her about the plan that people will board their space station, and how the MC and Albert talk past her woes like it's nothing at the last part doesn't sit well with me. It's kind of amazing how the author keeps adding something offensive with each chapter.