Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That reminds me. I've got an old Matty neutrino wand that I don't need anymore. If anybody is interested PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think the Matty wand is just slightly better than the Hasbro one, although they both have pros and cons.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I think the Matty wand is just slightly better than the Hasbro one, although they both have pros and cons.

Just to opposites for me. I love the heft of the Hasbro, plus the feel of the metal switches, and the motor. I also love the longer, sleeker tip and the myriad of sound/color choices. But, I love the Matty wand too.

Now where the hell is my 1:1 Hasbro Slimer blower.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Matty PKE Meter is the holy grail for me right now because I don't want to 3d print one (I'm going to wind up 3d printing one).

I did do a quick and dirty belt gizmo with my printer and some cheapo leds.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 28, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The one bad thing about the Matty PKE is that the sounds are way off.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

The one bad thing about the Matty PKE is that the sounds are way off.

The mute feature is a godsend.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I have a Matty Wand in box if anyone is interested in buying it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'd love a gigameter because its so weird. There are kits on Etsy, but :shepspends:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

I have a Matty Wand in box if anyone is interested in buying it.

You of all people claiming to have a movie prop is just something I can’t take seriously

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Surprised Afterlife was considered a success when it made less than the original did in straight up dollars and made less than a 1/3 when adjusting for inflation.

I think we need to factor in the pandemic release, but also factor in that it was a bland and forgettable film.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Was excited for Afterlife.

Saw Afterlife.

Didn't hate or dislike it but am no longer excited for anything GB-related.

gregday
May 23, 2003

My wife sculpted a Temple of Gozer doors backdrop for my 1/6 figures.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

gregday posted:

Why isn't Egon's collar popped?! :mad:

(It's one of the fun little costuming touches in the first movie. When they're in the jumpsuits, Egon's the only one who always has his collar popped.)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

Art Deco. Very nice. Where did you get your death whistle?

Timby posted:

(It's one of the fun little costuming touches in the first movie. When they're in the jumpsuits, Egon's the only one who always has his collar popped.)

In Afterlife Ghost Egon adjusts Trevor's collar when saying goodbye. :3:

gregday
May 23, 2003

deoju posted:

Art Deco. Very nice. Where did you get your death whistle?

In Afterlife Ghost Egon adjusts Trevor's collar when saying goodbye. :3:

It’s a resin cast from a run on the Replica Prop Forum.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Timby posted:

:thunk:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Man I really need those amazing figures and the Ecto 1 that goes with it

And a to-scale replica of the Fire house that opens like a doll house (why not done?)

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I'm okay with a new Ghostbusters film, but its a 3 1/2hr docudrama about the ghost that sucks your dick when you sleep in a museum.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Disco Pope posted:

I'm okay with a new Ghostbusters film, but its a 3 1/2hr docudrama about the ghost that sucks your dick when you sleep in a museum.

I want a ghostbusters movie where the general public has an existential crisis over the fact that, in death, there is a very real chance that you turn into something like Slimer or Muncher for all eternity.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I want a ghostbusters movie where the general public has an existential crisis over the fact that, in death, there is a very real chance that you turn into something like Slimer or Muncher for all eternity.

Keep up to date on your Venkmen Afterlife Insurance and you're guaranteed to pass on, or your bust is free*

*fees may apply.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There should be a ghostbusters movie where the ghostbusters are the villains and the protagonists are a family trying to keep the ghosts of their grandparents from getting thrown into ghost jail. The protagonists also find out the ghostbusters company is purposefully awakening ghosts and capturing them to keep their profit margins up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ruddiger posted:

There should be a ghostbusters movie where the ghostbusters are the villains and the protagonists are a family trying to keep the ghosts of their grandparents from getting thrown into ghost jail. The protagonists also find out the ghostbusters company is purposefully awakening ghosts and capturing them to keep their profit margins up.

I’d watch this movie, or if you want to leave the Ghostbusters themselves untarnished then have a rival company that pulls that poo poo, or a government agency that seeks out ghosts and busts them regardless of whether they’re benign or not.
I kind of figured the Ghostbusters only “answered the calls” - aside from world ending threats they only busted “nuisance” ghosts that people complained and called them about. The ghost of your parents or your favorite cat or whatever probably wouldn’t get called about, so they’d be safe.

Although it would have been hilarious if at the end of Afterlife, the OG crew busted Ghost Egon on principle, no exceptions.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I’d watch this movie, or if you want to leave the Ghostbusters themselves untarnished then have a rival company that pulls that poo poo, or a government agency that seeks out ghosts and busts them regardless of whether they’re benign or not.
I kind of figured the Ghostbusters only “answered the calls” - aside from world ending threats they only busted “nuisance” ghosts that people complained and called them about. The ghost of your parents or your favorite cat or whatever probably wouldn’t get called about, so they’d be safe.

Although it would have been hilarious if at the end of Afterlife, the OG crew busted Ghost Egon on principle, no exceptions.

Strictly business, Spengy. We're always serious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I’d watch this movie, or if you want to leave the Ghostbusters themselves untarnished then have a rival company that pulls that poo poo

Ghost Smashers from the comics would make for a good antagonist group for a movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Ghost Smashers from the comics would make for a good antagonist group for a movie.

Is that the one with the Chevy Chase stand in?

Also, I have the GB boardgame from a few yeses ago, but haven't played it. Is it any good? I feel like it'd be like zombicide.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is that the one with the Chevy Chase stand in?

Oh my god, I never got that. :doh:

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god, I never got that. :doh:

I didn't either for the longest time.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ruddiger posted:

Finally, the Ghostbusters Vs Beetlejuice theme park attraction becomes a movie!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That's the equivalent of making Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne a good guy because other billionaires are evil. The point is that they're all evil. Do the guys in the original movie ever care about who Slimer was before he died? Do they give a poo poo if his family is against ghost incarceration? And what if Slimer was a lone vagrant, does him being unhoused and unloved make him any less of a person who deserves equal rights? The original movie revels in its libertarianism so you're not meant to ask these questions while Pete and Egon hose the snooty hotel concierge (not even the owner, just another worker) and tweak the mean EPA bully because he's worried about little things like a nuclear reactor in the middle of NYC that's running off of the city grid.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Have you all seen the Frighteners? It's got a fun take on alternative ways of ghostbusting. Directed by Peter Jackson, stars Michael J. Fox.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

deoju posted:

Have you all seen the Frighteners? It's got a fun take on alternative ways of ghostbusting. Directed by Peter Jackson, stars Michael J. Fox.

And Dee Wallace, who I've personally worked with and is a delight.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

deoju posted:

that's a dang good movie right there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

"The Ghostbusters are evil" is some real CineD brain worms poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It also would make for a dull movie. I mean I guess it wouldn’t be an awful horror thriller but it wouldn’t be a comedy and ghostbusters should be funny.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

8one6 posted:

Gozer Was Right

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Indefinite extra-judicial imprisonment is despicable, even if the detainee is non-corporeal.

The containment grid is worse than Gitmo. :colbert:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

deoju posted:

Indefinite extra-judicial imprisonment is despicable, even if the detainee is non-corporeal.

The containment grid is worse than Gitmo. :colbert:
There was a scene in the shooting script [Making Ghostbusters, p104] where the team look inside the grid and see that it's basically Ghost Jail with miserable spirits trapped inside, but it was taken out as being too depressing/are-we-the-baddies (and also too expensive VFX-wise).

quote:

WINSTON
Tell him about the Twinkie.

Venkman lets that remark go and crosses to a TV monitor linked to a camera inside the storage facility.

VENKMAN
(peering)
I can't look any more. It's too depressing.

THE MONITOR
We zoom in on the monitor and get our first real look inside the storage facility. It is a bleak repository for souls of many species. Strange lights, mists and spectral shapes waft about aimlessly. Human-like figures lean against the walls in despairing convict poses. Others flit and hang on the ceiling. It is a sad and frightening limbo and a most unholy makeshift asylum.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Meanwhile, it feels like the cartoon showed us inside of the containment unit every goddamned week.

Just ghosts either floating around in a purgatory-like purple mist, or sitting on a random rock (?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bodPTRQ0Q

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

8one6 posted:

To be clear, the ghostbusters aren't cool enough to be evil. They're just garden-variety bad idiots.

The fact that they're bad idiots is not some hot take; that's like two-thirds of the jokes in the original movie. "We're doing bad, stupid things!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

To be clear, the ghostbusters aren't cool enough to be evil. They're just garden-variety bad idiots.

The fact that they're bad idiots is not some hot take; that's like two-thirds of the jokes in the original movie. "We're doing bad, stupid things!"

Exactly.

They nearly literally killed an innocent maid in the hotel because they had little idea what they were doing. The fact that they didn't kill her, aside from being necessary in a narrative sense, was a complete accident.