Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkdaub
Jun 16, 2020

NewFatMike posted:

The Red’s breakfast burritos have been serving me super well, too. Could be better for you, but it moves both eggs and hot sauce into my mouth every morning expediently.

I have become a Red's burrito addict. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them at Costco last time I went which was last Monday. I hope it isn't a 'participating locations' situation and my location isn't participating, although they did have the egg sandwiches. I can find the burritos at other stores but sometimes I have to hunt them down. I got lucky at New Season's where it seemed they had just unloaded the entire Red's truck as they had probably eight varieties and I bought almost a hundred dollars worth. I explained the situation to the checker and she said they could provide the dates that the Red's orders come in. I am a fan of several but the chorizo is the best. I'll do some more investigating at Costco tomorrow maybe.

I also need to ask about Myntz brand mints which are my favorite but have seemingly disappeared.

Good news is while Late July Snacks' Jalapeno Lime Tortilla Chips were missing for a bit they have returned in force!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Tricky Ed posted:

Goddammit call it pide so when I search for pide I find the pide

I've found like 1 place that ever had pide (it closed) and you're saying it's at Costco hiding under a different name

and mine doesn't have it

where is it

I want the pide, to eat

I found it at the Costco in Northville Mi. No clue if you’re close but they got the goods

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Bumble Dong posted:

I found it at the Costco in Northville Mi. No clue if you’re close but they got the goods

That Costco is so big I'd be surprised if there was something they didn't carry there. Besides liquor that is, that location only sells beer and wine.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Eek, there are other neckbeards at my local store.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Inkdaub posted:

Good news is while Late July Snacks' Jalapeno Lime Tortilla Chips were missing for a bit they have returned in force!

I grabbed a bag of these on a whim, glad to hear they're excellent.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

I still don't understand why people want to save money on gas now and not before. In my experience around here, the gas at Costco is a flat $0.30 per gallon cheaper than other gas stations, regardless of the price. When prices go up, you're actually saving less as a percentage.

People's incomes sadly don't increase in a proportional basis to gas prices.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Some Japanese TV program recently had a show about the "Costco Diet", which is something apparently making the waves recently.

https://9tsu.me/uwasanookyakusama220429

The relevant segment starts at about the 1 hour 11 minute mark.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I'm still watching this thing but im just hitting the part where she makes a peanuty style sauce and I wanna make that with some tofu now. I wish I understood more Japanese.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 2, 2022

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

People's incomes sadly don't increase in a proportional basis to gas prices.

So they buy expensive gas most of the time and finally go to Costco when it gets really expensive? Just buy Costco gas every day.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Original_Z posted:

Some Japanese TV program recently had a show about the "Costco Diet", which is something apparently making the waves recently.

https://9tsu.me/uwasanookyakusama220429

The relevant segment starts at about the 1 hour 11 minute mark.

I’m 100% on the costco diet.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyway, beef back ribs were on sale this week and I'm never going back to pork ribs.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Darchangel posted:

There are certain aspects of living in a pandemic that I enjoyed. Not having to elbow idiots out of the way is one of the few, particularly for me as someone who has mild social anxiety (such a polite way to say "I don't like people"!)

I’ve pretty much stopped having any shame about minor fender benders with people who obviously aren’t even remotely paying any attention to anything around them.

The entry gates are the worst, you get someone stopped to ask the attendant something with their cart blocking half the gate and then someone gets a foot past the threshold and stops and blocks the other half of the gate and I’m looking at the attendant to see whether they see my ID and then put it away, so I don’t notice the person stopped and they get a cart rammed up the back of their foot.

I do my best but sometimes poo poo happens when you do stupid stuff like that and I end up bumping someone like once a year or something because they do something stupid and I don’t see it in time. Have some situational loving awareness and the decency to not block the gate, there’s always like four other carts behind me too, it’s blatantly obvious that it’s a terrible place to stop and they do it anyway.

I bumped one lady and immediately apologized but that wasn’t good enough, so Karen screamed at me “that HURT!!!” and at that point I just shot back “then next time don’t stop in the doorway” and pushed on and she started to whine to the gate attendant like they were gonna call the cops on me or something because some Karen got her foot bumped.

Pretty routinely see people who are wandering back and forth taking the whole aisle and walking super slow and I’ll start to nudge past them as they wander one way and they’ll get a startle as they wander back and oh hey there’s a cart! Like, have some loving situational awareness, I always do my best to make sure I’m not blocking anyone else as much as possible.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 2, 2022

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Hi I'm the entire extended family taking samples while not paying attention to anything around me

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Samples going away was the best thing about COVID.

Now we have samples back, no one is wearing masks, and covid is ripping through my area.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Google maps tells me the least popular time is Monday-Wednesday the hour before closing. That's my target. gently caress people.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

SirPablo posted:

Google maps tells me the least popular time is Monday-Wednesday the hour before closing. That's my target. gently caress people.

My work day runs from 7 to 3 and when we're really serious about making a big costco run we coordinate a pair of WFH days and my wife knocks off a couple of hours early. If we can actually get in at 3 it's glorious. During normal work hours and right when schools are picking up but before the stay at home moms have time to swing by on the way home from grabbing the kids? loving ghost town.

The one downside is that the other three people in there are all octogenarians who will park their cart sideways across the aisle while they talk to the nice person at the HVAC display about saving a tenth of a cent per month.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'll die before I ever work as a person that hocks poo poo on the way out the door wall of shame at Costco.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The lady trying to get me to sign up for the water delivery service is always very polite and I really hope they pay her well and someday transfer her to doing something that isn't deathly depressing

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Those people are absolutely not paid enough. I know this because half the time the people doing it are too old and decrepit to even be able to stand there all day and need a chair to sit in to be able to do their terrible job.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Get rid of samples. Bring back the goddamn onion dispenser and combo slice. You cowards.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Chinatown posted:

Get rid of samples. Bring back the goddamn onion dispenser and combo slice. You cowards.

And sauerkraut!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

And deli mustard!

And polish dog!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I also greatly miss that turkey pesto sandwich and the caesar salad. :sigh:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

bring back the old chicken bakes, the new ones are rear end

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

bring back the old chicken bakes, the new ones are rear end

No, gently caress that making them every morning sucked rear end

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The new churros are terrible as well. :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I've never eaten at the food court and I most certainly never will.

Sorry everyone.

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
My Costco has posted hours of 10-8:30, but the doors actually open at ~9:45 :ssh:

Hit it early today and was out by 10:15 while the naifs were still shuffling in

EDIT: I put down my chicken bake to write this post and then forgot about it until I went to throw the little paper bag away. Thank you Costco thread for the gift of a few unexpected bites.

GXL fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 2, 2022

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

KakerMix posted:

Sorry everyone.

That's fine, more for us

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I'm shocked how loving busy Costco still is on a Monday morning. Also loving sample people everywhere

Did get some chocolate dipped strawberries

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Sorry everyone.

May you never be hungry and poor enough to remember making this vow and regret. PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hoo boy Costco does provide on the day-before-payday meal front.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
currently making a leftover costco stuff chili/stewish thing. Tiny tomatoes that were starting to wrinkle. little meat on the edge of going bad. last bell pepper in the 6 pack. tomato paste. Lotsa spices. beans and lentils. Gonna have it over a little rice.

And probably on some nachos.

Also realized the Costco checker today forgot to scan a double of an item in my cart so uh got some free coffee. Thank you costco.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

KakerMix posted:

Sorry everyone.

I didn't realize it was even legal to go to costco without taking a slice and hot dog combo to eat on the ride home

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
I’m so loving lonely

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
imagine not eating a costco food court hot dog i mean lmao an incredible self own

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You know those tubes where cashiers shoot stuff up into their money vault area? I'm going to start telling everyone that Costco also has one of them that goes from the food court to the employee break room for hot dogs.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like to alternate between polish dog one visit and beef dog the next and randomly get a pizza slice

the poutine looks HEAVY

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I would do bad things to bring the Italian sausage back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The number of people in line for the food court when you approach the check out and the number of people in line when you finish checking out is calculated by the formula 4x+1 where x is the number of minutes you've spent in line.