Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Getting your curse higher so more enemies spawn then just upping your damage so you can kill them. This means not picking sub par damage weapons and using your rerolls wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I don't like the evolved cat or the new weapon and it's evolved form but content is content

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I will say that Pentagram has the highest chance to gently caress you over. Like most weapons are rather straightforward and like... it's hard to be screwed by them unless you build bad. But Pentagram can utterly gently caress your run. I think Evolved Cats are the same, in that once you get them you ain't levelling more.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

GigaPeon posted:

The new guy plus the arcana that constantly shifts area size is pretty hilarious.

It certainly is, thanks for the tip!

Barely shown: the big Shadow Pinion drills.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I have also tasted the big area, but with swords instead of axes.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Are there any sync issues that have popped up? I play on my laptop and my desktop and just noticed that a character and achievement that I unlocked yesterday on my desktop are not showing up on my laptop. Steam lists the achievement, but it is unchecked in game. My cloud sync says up to date on steam. I definitely had them last on on my desktop, but nothing today on my laptop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My least favorites are the birds. Yeah they can be real powerful but they require an obscene investment of time and levels and by the time you get to max you could have powered up several other items instead and the birds ain't that good.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like the birds because they give me something to do when otherwise I would just be in afk mode getting only money and chicken at 20:00 or earlier.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I had a run where I got combined birds and combined guns. That felt like a bit too much.

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

My least favorites are the birds. Yeah they can be real powerful but they require an obscene investment of time and levels and by the time you get to max you could have powered up several other items instead and the birds ain't that good.

I feel like they're one of the strongest weapons in the game in specific circumstances. If you're not killing stuff outside their range, and you have added duration, they absolutely do the most damage and most DPS of any of my weapons regularly. If you're able to kill stuff outside their range, then they're trash garbage that you wasted a ton of time to get. That said, if I'm wanting Vandalier on a run, I usually try to snag both birds then focus on everything else before upgrading them.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

badjohny posted:

Are there any sync issues that have popped up? I play on my laptop and my desktop and just noticed that a character and achievement that I unlocked yesterday on my desktop are not showing up on my laptop. Steam lists the achievement, but it is unchecked in game. My cloud sync says up to date on steam. I definitely had them last on on my desktop, but nothing today on my laptop.

Are either of your computers an Apple? There's currently a known issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1794680/discussions/0/3276942370892077974/

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Swilo posted:

Are either of your computers an Apple? There's currently a known issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1794680/discussions/0/3276942370892077974/

Lol. Yup. Both are. I guess that answers that.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Scruffpuff posted:

I've found there are no true trash tier weapons because as you go through the game and buy the power-ups it actually becomes nearly impossible to die. I tried to kill myself last night by making what I figured would be the worst possible build - I went with boomerang, whip, fire wand, cats, runetracer, and the bird. Seemed to me that particular grouping of weapons left lots of weaknesses with no truly good synergies. (Some might say "but cats are good" but once you evolve them into those eyeballs they're not nearly as strong.) I did commit to evolving all 6 because the game seems balanced around the assumption you'll evolve at least a few, and I will say it was the toughest the game had been in a while. But in the end, once they were all evolved, I was literally running into large groups of mobs and somehow taking no damage.

So now my new challenge is figuring out which 6 evolved weapons are least likely to result in a win.

See, your problem was picking Runetracer. Runetracer is probably one of the best weapons in the game, and its evolution even moreso.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

badjohny posted:

So what is the secret for high levels? I see people talking about hitting 200+ as I struggle to hit 100 at the 30 min mark. I assume I am missing some simple choose this over this or do this instead of this and my exp will skyrocket.

attractorb helps.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

serefin99 posted:

See, your problem was picking Runetracer. Runetracer is probably one of the best weapons in the game, and its evolution even moreso.

It's not bad, but because it took me so long to combine the birds, it was literally the very last weapon I picked up, and I actually evolved it on the last boss that spawns around minute 28 or 29, so I'm not sure how much it contributed in the end.

Edit: turns out I took a screenshot at the end - I had "no future" for a grand total of 47 seconds, and the originial runetracer for 1 minute 10 seconds.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you're taking birds you want them evolved quickly because they're currently the only evolution that then has to be ranked up as well.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So far the "worst" weapons I can see is Cart, Flowers and Pinions. Cart only hits horizontally at a very thin band, Flowers doesn't get a damage boost from Arcana so worse than Knives and Pinions seems to be a bit awkward to utilize.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The birds are so annoying because the game just won't give them to me. I'll get Peachone for a couple levels and then it just won't ever show me the ebony one. or I'll get both quickly, and then it won't offer me either of them for several levels. I guess I should use banish on the ones I don't want, but there are just so many items it seems pointless. In this run I just did, I had six weapons and had them nearly leveled and had zero passive items. it wasn't until I was wondering why my guns wouldn't evolve until I realized it wasn't offering the passives I needed, but luckily it did eventually. It's crazy how easy it is to beat the library compared to the other levels.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Annointed posted:

So far the "worst" weapons I can see is Cart, Flowers and Pinions. Cart only hits horizontally at a very thin band, Flowers doesn't get a damage boost from Arcana so worse than Knives and Pinions seems to be a bit awkward to utilize.

Cart gets very funny when you start stacking area boosts.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

njsykora posted:

Cart gets very funny when you start stacking area boosts and play on tower with cool down reduction as well

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nemo2342 posted:

Honestly the 2nd level is way easier than the 1st level, which also makes it easier to earn gold because you'll get all your upgrades and start getting bonus gold left and right.

And you're kind of right; each level does have some powerups you can grab that will exceed the 6 powerup limit. They're easy to find on the 2nd stage, but the other stages really benefit from the map you can find later on.

You were right, the second level was easier

However it wasn't easier enough, and the final rush filled the screen I got caught at the top shelf and combined knockbacks just weren't enough to keep them off of me. The Garlic was wonderful right up until the last 5 minutes, and even then the knockback was a help. Santawater coming in as secret best support weapon with 2.1M damage without an evolution. Screen was almost unintelligibly crowded by the end.

e;

The very next run, nearly the same. Except somehow I ended up evolving 5 weapons this run.

Overwhelmed in the final again even as I tired to keep moving right and stay within La Borra's DOT. Just couldn't kill the final wave fast enough.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 11, 2022

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After like six or seven tries trying to evolve these stupid cats and survive 15 minutes, I kept dying at 9 minutes and it kept refusing to evolve the cats or give me chests. On this last playthrough, after four chests refusing to upgrade the loving cats, I finally evolved them. Then I made it to 15 minutes. Then I just lucked my way into a randomly decent build that allowed me to wiggle back and forth until 30 minutes. Sometimes the game taketh, sometimes it giveth, but it mostly taketh.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Cojawfee posted:

After like six or seven tries trying to evolve these stupid cats and survive 15 minutes, I kept dying at 9 minutes and it kept refusing to evolve the cats or give me chests. On this last playthrough, after four chests refusing to upgrade the loving cats, I finally evolved them. Then I made it to 15 minutes. Then I just lucked my way into a randomly decent build that allowed me to wiggle back and forth until 30 minutes. Sometimes the game taketh, sometimes it giveth, but it mostly taketh.

Doesn't the game not give you any evolved weapons even if you meet the requirements until around the 10-11 minute mark? I think there's like one map that bypasses this, and of course there's the Speed option.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ardryn posted:

Doesn't the game not give you any evolved weapons even if you meet the requirements until around the 10-11 minute mark? I think there's like one map that bypasses this, and of course there's the Speed option.

Yeah Milk Factory doesn't have the 10 min time requirements on evos and it's also the only stage where I've seen multiple evos pop at once in a multi-chest, but I'm not sure if that's actually exclusive or if I just got lucky.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

goferchan posted:

Yeah Milk Factory doesn't have the 10 min time requirements on evos and it's also the only stage where I've seen multiple evos pop at once in a multi-chest, but I'm not sure if that's actually exclusive or if I just got lucky.

Most chests can only do one evolution, some chests are tagged as multi-evo and will evolve multiple weapons if they roll as a multi-chest.

So you need multiple evolutions ready and to rng a multi on the chest from the right boss.

For good measure the first bat boss in the forest (first map) does not drop a chest 100% of times but if it does, that chest can evolve (one) weapon. You're supposed to find about it by ???

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Most of this data seems to be from constant testing by players and ripping into the game code.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What's with sometimes getting multiple levels at once?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Game saves data by putting all the exp into red gems.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ahh k

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

More specifically, there is a maximum number (500?) of XP gems that can exist, and any further XP drops will get put into a single gem. So when you eventually collect that one, you'll get a bunch of levels at once.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oh my god Gold Fever :pcgaming:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I always assumed multiple levels was the gem thing and/or suddenly picking up an attractor powerup since the more XP that thing hoovers up the faster it seems to calculate (especially if it grabs the megagem)

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gold fever and 5 items of chests is pure gambling high.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Annointed posted:

Gold fever and 5 items of chests is pure gambling high.

The dude did previously work on gambling machines or so I heard.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Is this secret Leda character supposed to be permanent like the others?
I can pick him fine as long as it's in the same session as obtaining him, but after a restart he is no longer in the character list.
Exdash and Red Death are working fine.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

sauer kraut posted:

Is this secret Leda character supposed to be permanent like the others?
I can pick him fine as long as it's in the same session as obtaining him, but after a restart he is no longer in the character list.
Exdash and Red Death are working fine.

Yes he is. I, myself, haven't had any issues since unlocking him, so not sure what could be causing it.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Is your other progress persisting? Characters are not meant to re-lock so I'd suspect a steam cloud sync problem or that mac issue I posted about earlier.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1524816197287542785

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Swilo posted:

Is your other progress persisting? Characters are not meant to re-lock so I'd suspect a steam cloud sync problem or that mac issue I posted about earlier.

Everything else is fine. Oh well, I'll get him once more after the next patch or so, cheers :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

is there any other twitter that has had such a profound effect on video game?