Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Julian Phillips picks Tennessee.

🍆

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1528418264665182213?t=gpcyLnfdKZb0cw3m7jGGrQ&s=19

It is funny that in a season where he nearly got fired, LA was like PLEASE COME COACH LEBRON and Juwan had the good sense to say no. Or he really just wanted to coach his kids, whatever!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Juwan honestly is a pretty good coach, he probably should hop to the NBA soon, but gently caress taking that Lakers job, lol.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Howard is truly a great coach. One of the only coaches in the game that can get kids to run 5 pressure defense, man to man

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Apparently the Aces are too much of a superfund site even for Tom Crean as Butler's assistant coach David Ragland was hired in as the new coach.

quote:

Ragland spent this past season as an assistant coach on the Butler basketball staff and had since been retained under new hire Thad Matta. He has nearly two decades of coaching experience, including stops as an assistant at Utah State, Valparaiso, Northern Kentucky, Bowling Green, Indiana State and Frank Phillips College. He also was a head coach at junior college Vincennes University for two seasons compiling a 44-19 record.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1528418264665182213?t=gpcyLnfdKZb0cw3m7jGGrQ&s=19

It is funny that in a season where he nearly got fired, LA was like PLEASE COME COACH LEBRON and Juwan had the good sense to say no. Or he really just wanted to coach his kids, whatever!

He was never close to being fired.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

Juwan honestly is a pretty good coach, he probably should hop to the NBA soon, but gently caress taking that Lakers job, lol.

On the other hand, if you take that job, probably no one is going to hold you responsible for the shitshow that is inevitable at this point.

I would take the job and happily get booed every night.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

mdemone posted:

On the other hand, if you take that job, probably no one is going to hold you responsible for the shitshow that is inevitable at this point.

I would take the job and happily get booed every night.

If you're some young gun, sure, but if your profile is fairly high up after your tenure at Michigan (minus questions about your temper), I don't think you'd want to throw away your momentum like that. If I'm some random assistant, I absolutely nab it, but if you don't want to be Fred Hoiberg'd, you probably don't.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Just like with the Celtics, he was offered an interview. He wasn't offered a job. Woj puts that stuff out there to hype up dudes up as favors to the agents who feed him his dirt.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tommy White hit his 24th homer and there’s a case to be made he’s had the best offensive season ever by a freshman. Fun player.

Anyway State has to beat Miami tonight to advance. Feeling another final series loss coming on.

edit: 25th

edit: 26th. ties him for the freshman record. oh and takes the NC State single-season record.

all three of them were to the opposite field too

just check out this joy: https://twitter.com/BallySportsSO/status/1529631507198902272?s=20&t=KwsR1UkxByUXSiW7AT3K2g

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 26, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Tommy White hit his 24th homer and there’s a case to be made he’s had the best offensive season ever by a freshman. Fun player.

Anyway State has to beat Miami tonight to advance. Feeling another final series loss coming on.

edit: 25th

edit: 26th. ties him for the freshman record. oh and takes the NC State single-season record.

all three of them were to the opposite field too

just check out this joy: https://twitter.com/BallySportsSO/status/1529631507198902272?s=20&t=KwsR1UkxByUXSiW7AT3K2g

lol look at this fool posting college baseball stuff in the college basketball thread ha ha ha only dummies do that

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Oops oh well others can appreciate Tommy White too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/jonschaeffer/status/1529870795786203143?t=y3VwYfHJvoO5-Y0OXHbwLg&s=19

Let's Go

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Matthew mayer from Baylor transferring to the illini for his 5th year

What do I need to know about him besides he has a hideous mullet

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Sounds like VT is gonna enjoy the services of Justyn Mutts for one more year, supposed to announce soon. Fingers crossed, would solidify our starting lineup to be pretty dang talented.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Nur_Neerg posted:

Sounds like VT is gonna enjoy the services of Justyn Mutts for one more year, supposed to announce soon. Fingers crossed, would solidify our starting lineup to be pretty dang talented.

Woo! According to Jon Rothstein: Virginia Tech's Justyn Mutts will withdraw from the 2022 NBA Draft and return to school next season, per his agent Daniel Green.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jalen Wilson is doing the same thing and returning to Kansas.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1532114533082451970

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

kiimo posted:

Jalen Wilson is doing the same thing and returning to Kansas.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1532114533082451970

Also picked up Texas Tech transfer Kevin McCullar.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Matthew mayer from Baylor transferring to the illini for his 5th year

What do I need to know about him besides he has a hideous mullet
oh no, the Illini have the Baylor mullet guy?????

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

oh no, the Illini have the Baylor mullet guy?????

Pulling out all the stops to make it past the first weekend of the tournament.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wiltsghost posted:

Also picked up Texas Tech transfer Kevin McCullar.

Yeah Tech fans on twitter were big mad

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

kiimo posted:

Yeah Tech fans on twitter were big mad

Was the one place he could have chosen that I don't blame any Tech fans for being upset.

Well, one of the 3 places. UT, KU, BU. Anywhere else, he would have been universally celebrated.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers got a pretty cool 4 star today!

https://twitter.com/TravisGrafHoops/status/1532438295237513218?s=20&t=0WUCaXtZCTNWbg9v6SdNuw

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

sorry David Thompson, sorry Lorenzo Charles, sorry bass fishing team, this is now the defining athletic achievement associated with NC State
https://twitter.com/JonIronmonger/status/1533573879301558273?s=20&t=C3XT9GGbiz5KTxbg4Rh6TA

stump collector
May 28, 2007

elentar posted:

sorry David Thompson, sorry Lorenzo Charles, sorry bass fishing team, this is now the defining athletic achievement associated with NC State
https://twitter.com/JonIronmonger/status/1533573879301558273?s=20&t=C3XT9GGbiz5KTxbg4Rh6TA

that ruled

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mizzou picked up Isiaih Mosley (yes, that’s the correct spelling), who last year averaged 20 points on 50/40/90 shooting at (Southwest) Missouri State.

Big deal, especially considering he went to high school 7 or so minutes from the campus at Columbia Rock Bridge and Cuonzo didn’t even really recruit him.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Probably Magic posted:

This is gonna sound really weird, but the day of the championship, I was having a really poo poo day, had lost my credit card almost magically, had a dental appointment the next day I was dreading, just was super messed, and when things started going south in the game, like when Kansas first went down 7 and more, I just had to stop watching. I checked the halftime score, got even more screwed up, checked again later and Kansas was only down 7 and I had talked myself down enough to watch the rest of the game. But even watching the end, I just felt... nothing. Just was completely emotionally burnt out after the largest championship game comeback in NCAA history. Felt a lot of regret over that, but just couldn't process things until today, when I watched some footage of the final minutes, with the crowd cheering, McCormack doing his thing... and it finally broke through the burnout barrier and I finally felt joy over this year's team doing the drat thing. They really did it, didn't they? Likeable guys at that. Weird thing to share, but I dunno, basketball is cool sometimes. I hope the best for the UNC kids next year though, glad they're mostly returning, because those guys are cool too.

Anyway, back to the important programs, yeah, USI could be a basketball powerhouse especially since nearby Kentucky Wesleyan has been in a downturn and people who might've wanted to stay local might go to USI over them now, though there's probably not that much overlap, wouldn't know. Evansville should try for someone who's got some connection close by, to IU or WKU or something, getting some random person could end up like when Kansas hired Charlie Weis in football, which... yeah.

Late response but I had a panic attack the day before from exhaustion and ended up cancelling my plans to drive back to KC and watch the final with my friends. Made it a bit of a bummer!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
SEC/Big 12 matchups have been announced:

Kansas at Kentucky
Arkansas at Baylor
Ole Miss at Oklahoma State
Alabama at Oklahoma
Florida at Kansas State
Auburn at West Virginia
Texas Tech at LSU
Iowa State at Missouri
TCU at Mississippi State
Texas at Tennessee

UK-KU seems to be guaranteed every year they don't play in the Champions classic, and UT-UT games always seem to be competitive.

Has there been any word if this will keep going after the upcoming realignment?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Looking forward to getting slaughtered by Kentucky again

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Looking forward to getting slaughtered by Kentucky again

We're going to beat them at Rupp in revenge, I believe.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm fine with getting slaughtered again if the postseasons turn out the same for both teams

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Glad Cyclones get an old Big 12 matchup.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You could have said Big Eight.

Hell you could have said Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MVIAA) that went back to 1908

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern's Pete Nance to UNC as a grad transfer.

Obviously it's disappointing to lose the school's only good player, but Nance deserves to play for an actual basketball program, play in the tournament, and hopefully be able to get drafted next year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Former Purdue star Caleb Swanigan died at 25. WTF?

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/caleb-swanigan-former-nbaer-dead-at-25/

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yeah, very sad. :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
god drat that is heartbreaking.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
No specifics, but every report so far has said natural causes. Not long after he was out of the league he was back up to almost 400 pounds, I guess it caught up to him. It sucks, after all he went through he deserved some peace and happiness in his life.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
The Fort Wayne rumor mill says his son's mother found him unconscious due to severe, untreated diabetes. His organs were shutting down and his heart failed, he was more than 600 lbs.

I'm just gutted for his whole family, he was such a nice kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Swanigan had been very overweight as a teen. I'm looking at a 2017 ESPN article that said he weighed 360 in 8th grade. His father weighed 500 and died because of obesity issues.

Swanigan was fun to watch at Purdue. He didn't come back after the pandemic, so it sounds he needed a regimented life to stay remotely in shape. Without somebody making sure he stayed in shape, he wasn't able to do it himself.