Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
dismember is not playing mdf because they were banking on the US dropping covid vaccine requirements for travel by then (which they have not).

so we're getting demolition hammer instead :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

dismember is not playing mdf because they were banking on the US dropping covid vaccine requirements for travel by then (which they have not).

That's way better IMO. I'd kill to see them again - the old fuckers still got it. If you can get front row do it - Steve Reynolds has the most NY/bronx or whatever (im Canadian, I don't know the differences of other areas) accent i've heard.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gio posted:

i like riffs. recommend something with riffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i76aomoORw

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I remember when this album came out and it got poo poo on for not actually being black metal or whatever, but I still love it, and hearing this at MDF was amazing

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Damnit, Autopsy replacing Bloodbath too. Not like I'm mad that I get to see DH again but I was looking forward to seeing some bands I never saw before (and maybe never will since MDF might be done after this year)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Trevor from the Black Dahlia Murder committed suicide per their facebook.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
man that fuckin sucks he seemed like such a nice and cool dude

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Absolutely sucks. Talked with him once at MDF and was such a genuine dude; he absolutely loved metal and music.

RIP

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

gently caress :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I never got into BDM (never really gave them an honest listen as they were associated with metalcore at a time where that was horrendously uncool and I was an impressionable teen) but I did see them live twice and he was a great performer. That band also clearly works their asses off as far as touring and by all accounts Trevor was a really good dude. Plus they are by far the biggest name to come out of Detroit's metal scene. I will be bumping Nocturnal.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I learned about so many bands from his write ups on metal injection. Thanks dude, RIP.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

trevor's vocals are one of my favorite things about one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfL2mV94F-0

skip to 2:45 to hear his vox but just listen to the whole thing tbh

also jam a bunch of actual TBDM today. rip trev.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah Nocturnal is really good, it turns out. A way more dynamic and energetic approach to the normally boring subgenre that is melodeath.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I never really listened to TBDM but I loved Trevor's write ups on Metal Injection. It was clear the man had a lifelong passion for metal in his very being. Stories are coming out on social media from a lot of small death metal bands about how he'd do guest vocals or bring them on tour when nobody else would. Regardless of one's opinions on TBDM, all metalheads can agree that the man had a kind heart and truly loved metal. RIP.

Gonna put on some TBDM in his honor today.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
This news hits me really hard. TBDM were a foundational influence for me down to my old guitarist and I playing tracks from "Unhallowed" together before we even thought of starting a band. Trevor just always came across as such a good and genuine guy and TBDM were one of the hardest working bands on the scene.

He will be greatly missed. :(

E: Check out their tour doccie "Fool 'em All" if you can, the sincerity and humility in what they did is unmatched.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Man that's a super bummer. I'm 40. I can't even imagine.

Here's some more background. He had a ton of struggles with depression and alcohol:
https://blabbermouth.net/news/the-black-dahlia-murder-frontman-trevor-strnad-dead-at-41

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I met trevor once at St. Theater in St. Pete a little after nocturnal came out. "Met" is a strong word in that sentence because he was just in the entryway giving everyone high fives before the show

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I met trevor once at St. Theater in St. Pete a little after nocturnal came out. "Met" is a strong word in that sentence because he was just in the entryway giving everyone high fives before the show

It's okay I tell people I met Nick Cave when I really just asked him a question at a Q and A

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Loved TBDM in highschool, every time I went to the mall I'd pop into Hot Topic to see if they got any new giant print shirts of theirs to add to my weekly rotation. I had to be wearing a TBDM shirt 2 days a week minimum. His influence on my taste was immense. Be it from his own music, his lists for websites, or seeing his name in the "Ft. Trever Strnad" in the track listing for a random melodeath or deathcore album. Nocturnal is straight up one of the best American melodeath albums and the rest of their early material isn't far behind it.

Only got to catch them one time live and it was during CoB's Blooddrunk tour (also the only time I got to see Bodom) and now Alexi and Trevor are both gone. I suddenly feel so much older and so much sadder.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
One of my first shows was BDM right after Unhallowed dropped when I was a sophomore in high school. Followed Trevor and the band ever since, dude really loved metal and exposed me to some really good poo poo over the years. RIP to a really real one.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Gio posted:

i like riffs. recommend something with riffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3f09fLK3w

(I like their newer albums even more, but this one has the least downtime before RIFFS start)

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Release day Friday stuff

Misery Index on non-bc, dm
Aara, melodic atmoblack
Visions of Atlantis, pm
Jungle Rot, deathrash
Nechochwen, bm
In Twilight's Embrace, bm
Gonemage, chiptune bm (album art of the year)
Mortuus on non-bc, bm
Primitive Man, sludgy doom
Moon Tooth, prog
Blasphematory, dm
Sacred Son, bm
Demiricous, deathrash
Scitalis, bm
Morgue Supplier, tech death
Cartilage, deathgrind
Dead Register, goth
Mutilatred, slam
Katharos, symphonic blackend death
Writhing Shadows, bolt thrower worship
Misanthropic Rage, blackend death
Finsmoonth, atmoblack
The Boneless Ones, crossover
Unendlich, bm
Peine Kapital, sludgy doom
Ruinas, deathgrind
Rancid Cadaver, death doom
Genocidal Impalament, death doom

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
behemoth put out a (bad) song about getting cancelled. Middle aged metal musicians writing godawful music about twitter has become an epidemic

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

punished milkman posted:

behemoth put out a (bad) song about getting cancelled. Middle aged metal musicians writing godawful music about twitter has become an epidemic

And Decapitated are putting out an album called Cancer Culture. Polish bands stay losing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That Behemoth track is p sick. Nergal rules.

https://youtu.be/092uOnSTnyI

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
cartilage, mutilatred, and writhing shadows makes for a strong bandcamp friday

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 13, 2022

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

punished milkman posted:

Disappointing, but unsurprising coming from Behemoth. Nergal's friendship and platforming of Kvarforth from Shining -- whose 'lol look at this crazy misanthrope' gimmick will hopefully one day stop being a draw to people when the way he treats women in his private life is fully brought to light -- says a whole lot about what kind of person he really is.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The type of person into Shining/Kvarforth probably doesn't give a poo poo about what he did to women. Kinda like Wrest from Leviathan.

I watched the "Cold Void" mini-doc on Kvarforth and it was literally just him walking around the beach spouting off misanthropic edgy nonsense. It was like watching an edgelord 14 year old in the body of a man in his 30s or 40s or however old he is

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
never heard of shining before but this v: halmstad album is interesting

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

IV: The Eerie Cold is probably their best one

Lifelover > Shining tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Skjorte posted:

Disappointing, but unsurprising coming from Behemoth. Nergal's friendship and platforming of Kvarforth from Shining -- whose 'lol look at this crazy misanthrope' gimmick will hopefully one day stop being a draw to people when the way he treats women in his private life is fully brought to light -- says a whole lot about what kind of person he really is.

The Behemoth song isn’t really about being cancelled fwiw. Metal sites are just running with that headline because it gets clicks. There’s a quote about the track where Nergal mentions cancel culture in a mix of other things but isn’t talking about being cancelled or whatever.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

nergal defense squad has logged in

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

whose trying to cancel Nergal anyway? When I think cancelled I think twitter mobs, not the religious people who have protested him. I thought he had a rep for being a nice dude.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kvlt! posted:

whose trying to cancel Nergal anyway? When I think cancelled I think twitter mobs, not the religious people who have protested him. I thought he had a rep for being a nice dude.

He does. And yeah, he seems to have a very polish/uh, specifically european for lack of a better term idea of “cancel culture” and all that as far as I can tell. He’s not gonna pop up on tucker carlson or something lmao. He just seems to think a lot of trends and social media adjacent stuff suck poo poo, and well yeah.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Was really into it back when it was new. Even if the dude is and was a piece of poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://toiletovhell.com/lets-remember-when-nergal-watched-a-sexual-assault/

He also had a really racist response to Poland losing to Senegal in the World Cup. And he makes boring music.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

man i wish Seth Putnam was alive today lmao i wonder how cancelling him would go down

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

man i wish Seth Putnam was alive today lmao i wonder how cancelling him would go down

Not unlike when someone tried to do it to Genghis Khan. Or Varg recently.

To get back to actual music discussion: this Nechochwen album slays. It's a black metal record but similarly to Havukruunu it has big epic guitar lead moments.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 13, 2022

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Kvlt! posted:

I think even before he died people were just ignoring him.
I think he played one show in the UK and got his head kicked in by Magrudergrind

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Seth Putnam was way cooler than Magrudergrind we should cancel them imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
seth putnam's death hit me harder than any other celebrity or musician.