Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

From the replies:

https://twitter.com/MarkSterlingEsq/status/1525275011317125121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jade had no idea Danahausen cursed Mark but once she heard she thought it was hilarious

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Punished Mike Sterling is amazing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Praying for hair" got me good as a bald dude.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rarity posted:

The Burberry brand has huge negative connotations in the UK cause in the 00s it was the go-to brand for hooligan chav types

Not so much any more, its back to being for Tories. So a different kind of negative association.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

Punished Mike Sterling is amazing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Danhausen is becoming unstoppable thanks to his allies.

https://twitter.com/RealWardlow/status/1525260551366000640

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Put Wardlow in the Baddie Section

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1525362118312136704?s=20&t=cBaC9qo21MU7medak2qlJA

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1525204171548499968?s=20&t=v0tdlcVfuAJjJjL-bIFqFA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Can’t argue with that

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Been saying this

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Can’t argue with that

I can, Danhausen is great

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, replace Sammy and Tay with Danhausen and HOOK (yes, in that order) and you kill 2 birds with one stone. Plus Lambert would be in much safer territory ranting about how silly Danhausen is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If you pitched Danhausen to me I'd say it sucks but in action I can't help but love that weird little goblin man.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I enjoyed watching The Premier Athlete Tony Nese knee him in the face.

It’s the most I’ve ever enjoyed seeing Danhausen.

He is bad and irritating.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

If you pitched Danhausen to me I'd say it sucks but in action I can't help but love that weird little goblin man.

Could not stand him in interviews and stuff I'd seen previously but I like this storyline.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

I enjoyed watching The Premier Athlete Tony Nese knee him in the face.

It’s the most I’ve ever enjoyed seeing Danhausen.

He is bad and irritating.

Don't sign your posts

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Could not stand him in interviews and stuff I'd seen previously but I like this storyline.

agreed, I felt the same way about him but was optimistic for his on screen use in aew and I think they've used him very well

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I feel his strength is in his interactions with others and watching others react to him. I couldn't have given a poo poo about Billy Gunn or his bland sons. Billy rear end and the rear end boys however, love em.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I feel his strength is in his interactions with others and watching others react to him. I couldn't have given a poo poo about Billy Gunn or his bland sons. Billy rear end and the rear end boys however, love em.

This is the thing. In and of himself, Danhausen is not all that. Danhausen bouncing off of other characters, amazing.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Gonzo McFee posted:

I feel his strength is in his interactions with others and watching others react to him.

Yeah for sure. When they first stuck him with Best Friends my reaction was "Oh no, they just signed a popular wacky guy and stuck him with the wacky guy faction even though they don't go together at all," but HOOKHausen v. Nese is a complete 180 and a great sign about them understanding what makes Danhausen work. Hopefully he stays a roving weirdo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, replace Sammy and Tay with Danhausen and HOOK

No one would boo HOOK and Danhausen making out :hmmyes:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'll admit he's won me over. i can't say no to the joke of saying a name wrong but similar. "Pops" me every time. i wish he used a different voice but i'll get over it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Danhausen is fine and he obviously has appeal but when people say he’s good at improv, comedic timing, acting etc I feel like i’m losing my mind because from my perspective he is absolutely devoid of those things. He always looks out of character in his eyes to me.

But enjoy him it makes me happy others have enjoyment.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah he has a handful of small bits & catchphrases that he uses to wade through improv settings. sometimes it would go over better if he just stood there. things that he comes up with beforehand are better like a&w. i respect them efforts. maybe people are crediting staying in character as improv work tho, instead of going uhhhh and not doing the voice. i guess that's something. don't know

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 14, 2022

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

People who don't watch wrestling like him.

At least the arty queer weirdos that I hang out with do.

Oh that makes sense

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lotta people ITT who claim to not love that Danhausen, who is very nice, very evil, but we can confidently conclude that this is just an elaborate bit because everybody loves that Danhausen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

everybody loves the acclaimed

Could not agree more op

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still want to see Danhausen wrestle but his character's fine, the main appeal is seeing how other people bounce off of him than anything he brings though

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

i'll admit he's won me over. i can't say no to the joke of saying a name wrong but similar. "Pops" me every time. i wish he used a different voice but i'll get over it

My favorite name he gets wrong is Stone Cold Steve Austin, who he refers to as "Cold Steve"

Cracks me up every time and I'm giggling while I make this post

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Much of comedy is just "hey get a load of this guy being wrong"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Much of comedy is just "hey get a load of this guy being wrong"

I love RJ City

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted: