Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
From latest chapter of Spy x Family (62.3):
(Mangaplus link)

Lock Knight fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i kind of like that for a cold war esque story spy x family really loves to hit the 'patriotism is the enemy' vibe a lot.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

SexyBlindfold posted:

No that second one looks like the horny guillotine manga

:yikes:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

i kind of like that for a cold war esque story spy x family really loves to hit the 'patriotism is the enemy' vibe a lot.

Spy X Family is more anti-war than anything else. Blind patriotism as a reason for war sort of fits the narrative of contemporary Japan, and how it's passed down in the education system.

Can't have a Doraemon solution of everyone talking to each other and reaching a consensus if one side is just being unreasonable and thinking they're the greatest.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Reading the book in physical so I took pictures of the pages

Witches, by Daisuke Igarashi

Ikoku Nikki

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 17, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

(NWS, has bonin') Survival In Another World With My Mistress

I'm a few chapters in and it's decent for an isekai, pretty silly(instead of just having video game-type abilities, he straight up thinks about using keyboard inputs and it corresponds to his body doing the action, resulting in freaking the locals out with his weird-rear end strafing/crouching/jumping etc)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Invictus posted:

(NWS, has bonin') Survival In Another World With My Mistress

I'm a few chapters in and it's decent for an isekai, pretty silly(instead of just having video game-type abilities, he straight up thinks about using keyboard inputs and it corresponds to his body doing the action, resulting in freaking the locals out with his weird-rear end strafing/crouching/jumping etc)

https://youtu.be/j_K2f-FgBzc

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Catching up whats this from

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
Looks like Love So Life unless I'm mistaken.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord Awkward posted:

Looks like Love So Life unless I'm mistaken.

Yeah it's this

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Gentle Younger Boyfriend Who Keeps Pestering You About Finishing Sekiro

It's a one shot so not long

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

fairly :nws:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

That's not what I need :(

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Can't believe I actually read this thinking it wouldn't be exactly what it was

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I enjoy lovey-dovey oneshots as much as the next guy, but sour things like this (albeit with a happy ending for one of them) are a nice splash of cold water once in a while

e:

Zodack posted:

Can't believe I actually read this thinking it wouldn't be exactly what it was
won't lie, was really tempted to post the fourth page to be meaner

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 18, 2022

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I wonder if things like this would be helped by Mangadex having more specific tags. I kind of good-faithed it and figured it might be a comedy. At least it was short and the ending didn't twist the knife.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
mangadex ratings help in situations like this, anything below a 7.00 means that a significant portion of readers got angry at something

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Zodack posted:

I wonder if things like this would be helped by Mangadex having more specific tags. I kind of good-faithed it and figured it might be a comedy. At least it was short and the ending didn't twist the knife.

to be fair i did laugh when she made the face

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Good for her.

I was like "is he loving the fish or something" because they were talking about fishing so much.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Good for her.

I was like "is he loving the fish or something" because they were talking about fishing so much.

They do call unresponsive sex partners tunas.
Not like he noticed.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zodack posted:

I mean, it's kind of a comedy

dude finds out she's cheating on him, blows up, then changes literally nothing about his "fish for 4 hours after work every day" habit and then tries to reconcile about how things can go back to the way they were wrt her sitting calmly at home waiting for him

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My take is that the guy got what was coming to him, and his ex-girlfriend's only real sin is that she didn't walk out on his ungrateful rear end sooner than she did. It's kinda obvious by the end that he had no intention of ever introducing her to his family and marrying her, or changing his behavior even after he found out she cheated on him because he was never there for her unless he wanted food or sex.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

pentyne posted:

I mean, it's kind of a comedy

dude finds out she's cheating on him, blows up, then changes literally nothing about his "fish for 4 hours after work every day" habit and then tries to reconcile about how things can go back to the way they were wrt her sitting calmly at home waiting for him

Yeah there's absolutely a comedy element where he talks a big game about how he's going to focus on her and what she wants and then gets so absorbed in his own pleasure and needs that he doesn't even notice her making faces while they're loving, which is their entire relationship compressed into five minutes of sex. It's very bitter comedy, but the joke is there.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lol'd at it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this is why mangadex needs comments back

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she was a live-in housekeeper he could have sex with.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this is why mangadex needs comments back

it would definetly be nice to know if something is low rated because it's sad and people hate sad stuff or if it actually sucks or if it just has a piece of poo poo translation. as it is i basically consider the ratings to be completely meaningless.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

horrible boyfriend but cheating is never ok imo. Funny faces tho

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Honestly the whole fishing thing was such a joke I couldn't take any of the drama seriously.

I know some people love their hobbies but how the gently caress can you spend 3-4 hours after a full day of work fishing and ignoring your partner, and think everything is cool.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

pentyne posted:

Honestly the whole fishing thing was such a joke I couldn't take any of the drama seriously.

I know some people love their hobbies but how the gently caress can you spend 3-4 hours after a full day of work fishing and ignoring your partner, and think everything is cool.

When it's a euphemism for seeing your gay lover?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

pentyne posted:

By being self-centered and oblivious? You can find ten zillion stories about relationships breaking up because one participant was playing too much World of Warcraft or whatever.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

pentyne posted:

This is why I think he was loving the fish, exactly.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This is why I think he was loving the fish, exactly.

Secret rendezvous with big mouth billy bass lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He was loving the coworker his girlfriend mentioned is my take.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I've met some really huge fishing fanatics who will literally go on two week long vacations where they do nothing every single day but fish, eat, and sleep. I can absolutely buy a dude who's that level of into the hobby going out to fish for a few hours on an early day, especially since fishing as a recreational activity isn't something you can really compress that much.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This dude has the energy to go fishing or loving for 3-4 hours after work. I barely have the energy for a 15 minute bike ride some days. Either way I think a palate cleanser is in order. Here's a story about a guy that fuses with an alien to fight other aliens and he's fueled by his unrelenting love for his wife.

[x]

It started updating again so hopefully we can catch up to the raws.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Brought To You By posted:

This dude has the energy to go fishing or loving for 3-4 hours after work. I barely have the energy for a 15 minute bike ride some days. Either way I think a palate cleanser is in order. Here's a story about a guy that fuses with an alien to fight other aliens and he's fueled by his unrelenting love for his wife.

[x]

It started updating again so hopefully we can catch up to the raws.

Ive heard of wife guys, but this is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I can't hear "I love you too, babe" in anything other than Jeff Fischer's voice, even if it's a half-alien superhero saying it