Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, most people aren't addicted to buying everything. We are a bit weird here. The majority of people will just buy a set here or there. LEGO doesn't mind the people who feel the need to buy enough to feed families in other countries. Or even in our own countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
speaking of non AFOLs who still buy the odd set, I'm *this* close to buying Butthole Tiger, it's 20% off in a bunch of places in the UK so I could get it today for £36 which seems extremely reasonable. I only have one large-ish set at the mo, the bunch of flowers, and getting hungry for more but don't want to be dropping £150+ on modulars or megastructures

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It just feels like a lot of nostalgic stuff aimed at 40 year olds. It’s easy to be the target audience for all these sets, which all came out recently:

UCS Landspeeder
Star Wars dioramas
Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout
Back to the Future
Optimus Prime

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chairchucker posted:

It's probs one of C3PO: Jedi Master, or Gonzo: swamp monster of Dagobah.
:thejoke:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Fatkraken posted:

speaking of non AFOLs who still buy the odd set, I'm *this* close to buying Butthole Tiger, it's 20% off in a bunch of places in the UK so I could get it today for £36 which seems extremely reasonable. I only have one large-ish set at the mo, the bunch of flowers, and getting hungry for more but don't want to be dropping £150+ on modulars or megastructures

I highly recommend it. It's super poseable, the brick built stripes are sweet, and the butthole itself never stops being funny. It's a fun build.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I finished Assembly Square. It looks great, can’t wait to add to my little modular street. But now I’m staring at this huge box, and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to save it? Like if I resell this thing years from now, how much worth does the box ads if I’ve already opened it and built the set?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Good odds the buyer says, “I don’t want the box if it makes the shipping more.”

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Somebody on r/legoleaks posted a description and sketch of a forthcoming theme park set. https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/up0fqr/10303_loop_coaster_info/

Like all sets in this theme, if time/money/space where no objects I'd get it.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 15, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I finished Assembly Square. It looks great, can’t wait to add to my little modular street. But now I’m staring at this huge box, and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to save it? Like if I resell this thing years from now, how much worth does the box ads if I’ve already opened it and built the set?

It could conceivably fetch more down the line but it's pretty spotty with the shipping issue as mentioned above. I keep boxes to appease my own weirdness, but I just flatten them and slide them under the bed so they don't really take any space up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

deoju posted:

Somebody on r/legoleaks posted a description and sketch of a forthcoming theme park set. https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/up0fqr/10303_loop_coaster_info/

Like all sets in this theme, if time/money/space where no objects I'd get it.

Hopefully it works better than the last one. The last one jammed if any pieces were even slightly out of place

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Fatkraken posted:

speaking of non AFOLs who still buy the odd set, I'm *this* close to buying Butthole Tiger, it's 20%

Speaking of 20% off, I know it's only $2 off a $10 set, but amazon had the new Wolverine mech on sale so I got two of them so my son could have one too.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Any recommendations on people who do custom print jobs? I have Barracuda in ship mode and wanna get some pieces made up with “Buxom Bounty” in gold on smooth brown pieces.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm looking at my Batman shelf and I'm bummed they never made a quality minifig scale version of The Bat from The Dark Knight Rises. There was this set but it leaves a lot to be desired.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Review of the Viking Longship

TL;DR seems to be that the main build is great but the alt builds are a little lacking.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I've seen various blogs say that the GWP starting next week is the Cosmic Cardboard set as well as the amusement park set with the little banana boat. Anyone know which is it and when the one that it isn't actually comes out?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lamont posted:

I've seen various blogs say that the GWP starting next week is the Cosmic Cardboard set as well as the amusement park set with the little banana boat. Anyone know which is it and when the one that it isn't actually comes out?

I asked two times with no response so I am responding to you so you don't feel ignored.

I did get an email about the CC set from LEGO, though. It's $160 but the email didn't have a date. Rumors are tomorrow. LEGO doesn't have an official announcement that I can find because LEGO is awesome now and doesn't think consumers appreciate calendars.

The other set is just rumors of a release date, too. Same deal: tomorrow but a lower price threshold. I can't find anything direct from LEGO about it, though.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I asked two times with no response so I am responding to you so you don't feel ignored.

I did get an email about the CC set from LEGO, though. It's $160 but the email didn't have a date. Rumors are tomorrow. LEGO doesn't have an official announcement that I can find because LEGO is awesome now and doesn't think consumers appreciate calendars.

The other set is just rumors of a release date, too. Same deal: tomorrow but a lower price threshold. I can't find anything direct from LEGO about it, though.

Thanks! Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the emails/website

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

RatHat posted:

Review of the Viking Longship

TL;DR seems to be that the main build is great but the alt builds are a little lacking.

at least it's real easy to make a one handed tyr minifig

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Lamont posted:

Stonewars.de claims it’ll start midnight, 90€ minimum purchase for the amusement park, 160€ for the cosmic cardboard thing.

Of course the Delorean goes out of (preorder) stock just in time :mad:

Also you’re supposed to be able to snag the Ulysses Probe for 1.800 points or €12 from May 17th.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

Zwille posted:

Stonewars.de claims it’ll start midnight, 90€ minimum purchase for the amusement park, 160€ for the cosmic cardboard thing.

Also you’re supposed to be able to snag the Ulysses Probe for 1.800 points or €12 from May 17th.

I'm guessing that if you want both you'll have to make one order of 90 and then a separate one for 160, because nothing Lego does is easy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zwille posted:

A ton of stuff is out of stock (again) right now. It's not as bad as the holidays but it's really bad for May. I think of the 15 things on my wishlist, only 4 are currently in stock. And they are the 4 that I don't really want.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
goddammit, I saw on the website that the ads for the GWPs had just been put up so I made an order...not realising that it was still a few minutes to go til midnight

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well...didn't get orchids, succulents or tall-necks. Or back to the futures. Or..Fiats which sold out super fast last time it was in stock. Oh well.

Did end up with the Pickup and the butthole Tiger. So that's cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dagobah looks pretty nice after it's assembled, but was easily the most unenjoyable set I have ever built. Putting the little water tiles in and plants in as well as building the X-Wing wing was the closest thing I had to fun at any point. Just really wanted it to end the whole time tbh. The whole thing is tiny sub builds that feel like slapping random parts together and don't look much better once you attach them to the model. Deciphering all the brown from dark brown is awful. In the end it does actually look good and I like it, but man it was not fun to build. Has to be the same designer as the bonsai. So many of the same techniques and there is a hidden frog in there.

It's funny cause it's so much more colorful than most SW sets I thought it would actually be a lot of fun.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I wish there was a „you can’t really get this that much cheaper elsewhere“ section so I don’t feel like I got hosed over when I buy something to get a GWP and then realize I could’ve gotten that set for like 50% off elsewhere. Brickheadz are usually a safe bet for stable prices but I’m slowly running out of those

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Have Lego broken their Wishlist feature? Or ‘improved’ it?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lamont posted:

I'm guessing that if you want both you'll have to make one order of 90 and then a separate one for 160, because nothing Lego does is easy
They stack. So if you order for 160 you get both.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

Dagobah looks pretty nice after it's assembled, but was easily the most unenjoyable set I have ever built. Putting the little water tiles in and plants in as well as building the X-Wing wing was the closest thing I had to fun at any point. Just really wanted it to end the whole time tbh. The whole thing is tiny sub builds that feel like slapping random parts together and don't look much better once you attach them to the model. Deciphering all the brown from dark brown is awful. In the end it does actually look good and I like it, but man it was not fun to build. Has to be the same designer as the bonsai. So many of the same techniques and there is a hidden frog in there.

It's funny cause it's so much more colorful than most SW sets I thought it would actually be a lot of fun.

Yeah, it's a fantastic display piece and a mediocre build.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The two GWP are live now.

No sign of the Ulysses probe in the VIP store though...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

refleks posted:

The two GWP are live now.

No sign of the Ulysses probe in the VIP store though...

Available tommorow(the 17th). Specific times for each regions are listed in the article

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone suggest clear pieces that can be used to replicate a small glass jar? Sort of a wide-to-narrow shape? Some kind of piece like the hot air balloon pieces (or roughly that size or shape.)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

RatHat posted:

Available tommorow(the 17th). Specific times for each regions are listed in the article

Ulysses is already sold out in Australia.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All the people selling it for over $100 on Bricklink will be very disappointed by the re-relrease.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Feenix posted:

Anyone suggest clear pieces that can be used to replicate a small glass jar? Sort of a wide-to-narrow shape? Some kind of piece like the hot air balloon pieces (or roughly that size or shape.)

the top half of ship in bottle?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I feel like Lego would solve so many of their reseller/scalping problems if they would just let people place a backorder. Say allocate half of new production to fulfilling backorders, half to filling store inventory or something like that. I'm sure it would probably create other unanticipated issues, but it would at least scratch that fomo itch when everything immediately sells out with no indication of when or if it'll be back.

In unrelated news I'm mad at myself for not getting the now discontinued Jurassic park gates what with the new T-Rex breakout set :argh:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can though backorder

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They do backorders for a bit but then it just goes to Out of Stock and you're screwed until it comes back into stock and you gotta hope you get to it before it goes back OOS again.

I know because when I remembered about the Delorean it was still backorderable but by the time I got to my desktop that has my lego password saved it had gone to OOS.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I don't want to turn this into the typical Goon Derail about SNL but they did a pretty funny digital short this week that had my wife laughing a little too hard. And today she brought it up again. It should cue up to the right moment but if not, FF to about 1:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGTtWsW9F8&t=116s

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

OSU_Matthew posted:

I feel like Lego would solve so many of their reseller/scalping problems if they would just let people place a backorder. Say allocate half of new production to fulfilling backorders, half to filling store inventory or something like that. I'm sure it would probably create other unanticipated issues, but it would at least scratch that fomo itch when everything immediately sells out with no indication of when or if it'll be back.

In unrelated news I'm mad at myself for not getting the now discontinued Jurassic park gates what with the new T-Rex breakout set :argh:

I totally agree. It's the same with lots of companies. They say they are consumer focused but they don't really give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Well I was on the VIP store when the probe was due to be released and refreshing. Nothing showed up till 3 min past, I clicked on it, nothing happened, refreshed and it was sold out. Kind of crappy.