Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Artists rendition of Hakari vs Kashimo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I wish that the ancient sorcerers didn't have modern knowledge because imagine the mindfuck of someone learning about video pachinko with no frame of reference.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EmmyOk posted:

Glad also we've stuck to the theme of "X is insanely fast!" at least once per fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbQxQlnnucQ

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Early next chapter
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/2285/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-185

Feel sad for panda.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Gege knows how to write pulp action :allears:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Hakari better brutalize this guy

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

We are in desperate need of Pachinko justice

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hakari rapidly rising up the cool af chart. Although drat if every character isn't p loving cool in this story.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Gonna be that guy and say that Panda's flashback(?) is neat and all but feels like padding so Hakari can show up to tease the next fight.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

Gonna be that guy and say that Panda's flashback(?) is neat and all but feels like padding so Hakari can show up to tease the next fight.

I loved it

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

I agree, seemed like a nice emotional moment that made me even more pumped for a sweet entrance by Hakari.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Still salty Panda went down that badly though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Hakari rapidly rising up the cool af chart. Although drat if every character isn't p loving cool in this story.

I'm a official release man but this is getting me hyped. Hakari nation will be rewarded brothers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Official chapter is up

Hakari showing up with a boatload of cursed energy and even more positive energy (it is a pun). Definitely feel like his domain expansion jackpots can be restorative or amplify his cursed energy reserves

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheHan posted:

Hakari better brutalize this guy

Bread Set Jettison posted:

We are in desperate need of Pachinko justice

Join me in Hakari nation, where this is guaranteed

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Still behind, but aw, Nobara. :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

You’re the only person who doesn’t need to use spoilers lol

But agreed

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Official chapter is up

Hakari showing up with a boatload of cursed energy and even more positive energy (it is a pun). Definitely feel like his domain expansion jackpots can be restorative or amplify his cursed energy reserves

It seems he gets to keep the boost from a Jackpot for a time.

Despite this cool entrance I am betting on Kashimo for the victor.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's gonna lose but it turns out he was sending all his cursed energy to Panda so Panda could recover and then Panda will win.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dawgstar posted:

Spoilers for the whole series: I honestly cannot believe Nobara got dispatched with like zero fanfare. Is she gonna show up again!? Is she gonna even be mentioned? Its honestly ridiculous. She was a main character!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's my biggest gripe with this series as a whole

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Spoilers for the whole series: I honestly cannot believe Nobara got dispatched with like zero fanfare. Is she gonna show up again!? Is she gonna even be mentioned? Its honestly ridiculous. She was a main character!!

I've been assuming she's coming back

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I've been assuming she's coming back

Same. There was a page or two back during the planning where Itadori asked about her, and the fact that the answer wasn't actually shown tells me she's probably coming back. It's just surprising it hasn't happened yet, I guess.

I could be extremely wrong, but I think it would be really weird if she didn't come back at some point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe her soul will be put into one of the cursed corpse things like Panda. Suddenly a talking frog standing on two legs will appear - it is Nobara, who has escaped death through having her soul implanted into a frog puppet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

King of Solomon posted:

Same. There was a page or two back during the planning where Itadori asked about her, and the fact that the answer wasn't actually shown tells me she's probably coming back. It's just surprising it hasn't happened yet, I guess.

Well the sorrowful look followed by the aversion of gaze is generally a bad sign.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well the sorrowful look followed by the aversion of gaze is generally a bad sign.

It is, yeah.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah the fact that Kashimo is looking for Sukuna feels like they are being set up to deal with Yuji not to lose out here. I still want Hakari to win and amn't sold on him being beaten here too but definitely not confident he'll win.

I'm still not sure if Kashmo's charges are CE and RCE yet or just electrical charges using technique, I guess that will become clearer later. If the former I wonder if a good sorcerer could nullify the charge to avoid the sure hit.

Also if Kashimo is being set up to fight Itadori then he will definitely need to finally pull out either his own or Sukuna's technique because he has nothing in the tank to deal with her that Hakari doesn't. Black flashes won't mean a whole lot against the lightning or if he can't land them.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I wonder if she's still being held in suspension by that Kyoto school guy's ability but that they can't heal her even with Ieiri's power. I think it would be cool if Nobara healed herself while in a coma by figuring out RCE like Gojo did. Would also be a good way to boost her abilities on her return

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 23, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

I'm still not sure if Kashmo's charges are CE and RCE yet or just electrical charges using technique.

It does not have anything to do with RCT or RCE. It's just a part of Electricity. He can manipulate it to only implant a positive charge into what he hits, so the Negative charge he releases will seek and hit the Positive one.

EmmyOk posted:

Also if Kashimo is being set up to fight Itadori then he will definitely need to finally pull out either his own or Sukuna's technique because he has nothing in the tank to deal with her that Hakari doesn't. Black flashes won't mean a whole lot against the lightning or if he can't land them.

Itadori 100% does not have his own Technique. Gojo with his Six Eyes confirmed he did not, and Higuruma's Technique took his Cursed Energy because he lacked one. Also pretty certain Yuji will never inherit Sukuna's Technique because it would have come up by now if he would have.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 23, 2022

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I re-read Shibuya just a few days ago (still so insanely good) and the dude's ability was that he can't fix health issues or stop new ones but whatever they already have won't get worse right? So she is basically stuck just on the wrong side of being dead, which is barely dead at all! Therefore she'll be fine and we'll know it when a giant person-sized nail hits someone in the face.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It does not have anything to do with RCT or RCE. It's just a part of Electricity. He can manipulate it to only implant a positive charge into what he hits, so the Negative charge he releases will seek and hit the Positive one.

That was my initial reading too and I still think it's more likely the correct one. The final explanation of the power makes it sound more ambiguous though, specifically "Kashimo separates the cursed energy's charges like electricity". I still think it's probably just electrical polarity though.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Itadori 100% does not have his own Technique. Gojo with his Six Eyes confirmed he did not, and Higuruma's Technique took his Cursed Energy because he lacked one. Also pretty certain Yuji will never inherit Sukuna's Technique because it would have come up by now if he would have.

He doesn't have one yet for sure but no time like the present to develop one. We've seen him grow explosively in a lot of fights. He also has a lot more Sukuna in him post Shibuya than he did before hand. Gojo also pretty explicitly states he will get Sukuna's cursed technique. I checked that Tumblr someone linked earlier of translation problems in the official release and it mentions the page just before this having an issue but doesn't say anything about this panel. I also tried to check the scanlation sites for current chapters linked in the thread but their old chapter archives are just rips of the official English volume release.

I think Yuji definitely should have the skill and capacity for a technique by now so he just needs the opportunity to develop it.

e: If you're just arguing that Gege is not going to do that rather than it was never said then I still don't agree. I don't think we're never going to get a technique from Yuji or he'll have basically hit his skill cap already. As we've seen no skill at all I still think Sukuna's is the most likely. Also considering just how devastating Sukuna's is it makes sense for Gege to hold off giving him something that strong.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 23, 2022

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I feel like if anything what'd be stopping Yuji from using any of Sukuna's techniques is the immense guilt he feels for all those people Sukuna pureed back in Shibuya.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Yeah he will definitely be his own most vocal critic when it comes to deciding whether to use sukuna's technique or not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

That was my initial reading too and I still think it's more likely the correct one. The final explanation of the power makes it sound more ambiguous though, specifically "Kashimo separates the cursed energy's charges like electricity". I still think it's probably just electrical polarity though.

He doesn't have one yet for sure but no time like the present to develop one. We've seen him grow explosively in a lot of fights. He also has a lot more Sukuna in him post Shibuya than he did before hand. Gojo also pretty explicitly states he will get Sukuna's cursed technique. I checked that Tumblr someone linked earlier of translation problems in the official release and it mentions the page just before this having an issue but doesn't say anything about this panel. I also tried to check the scanlation sites for current chapters linked in the thread but their old chapter archives are just rips of the official English volume release.

I think Yuji definitely should have the skill and capacity for a technique by now so he just needs the opportunity to develop it.

e: If you're just arguing that Gege is not going to do that rather than it was never said then I still don't agree. I don't think we're never going to get a technique from Yuji or he'll have basically hit his skill cap already. As we've seen no skill at all I still think Sukuna's is the most likely. Also considering just how devastating Sukuna's is it makes sense for Gege to hold off giving him something that strong.

You don’t develop a Cursed Technique. You either have one or you don’t.

I know about Gojo saying Yuji would inherit Sukuna’s Technique, I just think he’s wrong like he has been about most things Sukuna. If Yuji were to get it, I think it would have been mentioned again or showed signs of happening before now.

Edit: Yuji has not entirely hit his Skill cap, Kusakabe is a Sorcerer with no Innate Technique, so Yuji could always follow in his footsteps and learn Simple Domain.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 23, 2022

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I wonder where Cursed Techniques came from if you can't develop them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

People are born with them. Stuff like limitless or Megumi's shadow beasts are non bloodline things. Or people are just born with new ones like presumably Hakari due to how modern his is. It just means you won't suddenly get one if you don't have it from birth.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I Am Fowl posted:

You are born with them, it’s why Gojo said being a Sorcerer is 80% innate talent. Cursed Techniques first manifest when the user is around 4 years old (unless the person is not built to be a sorcerer in which case they normally never show up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

You don’t develop a Cursed Technique. You either have one or you don’t.

I know about Gojo saying Yuji would inherit Sukuna’s Technique, I just think he’s wrong like he has been about most things Sukuna. If Yuji were to get it, I think it would have been mentioned again or showed signs of happening before now.

Edit: Yuji has not entirely hit his Skill cap, Kusakabe is a Sorcerer with no Innate Technique, so Yuji could always follow in his footsteps and learn Simple Domain.

I mean that's true generally but the entire culling game is predicated on the fact that Kenjaku was able to create sorcerers from normal people in two ways. By turning them into vessels or by manipulating their brainstems with idol transfiguration. Obviously that's not normal or something that will be happening a lot, but Yuji isn't fundamentally different than all the old timey sorcerers in the culling game. The difference is the person he's sharing a body with can't just overrule him like all the others. Yuji also had no cursed energy until he consumed the finger which means the cursed energy he has cultivated and controlled now is presumably also coming from Sukuna. Gojo has been wrong about stuff I'm sure but I don't see any reason to assume that he's not correct here especially with everything else we've seen.

I considered Yuji could get simple domain if he doesn't get a technique but that isn't a big leap up in power from where he is now. It stops domains instagibbing him for sure but it doesn't really make him any better off in basically any fight we've seen. Kusakabe is good for sure but I expect Yuji to be out of his league.

Also this discussion just generally reminds me that we don't know what Sukuna's actual technique is, so I'm excited to find that out too as time goes on. If Kashimo wins here and gets to see Sukuna maybe we'll find out then