Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lego is definitely doing it on purpose. Guessing all the grandkids or whoever is in charge now finally finished up their degrees at American business schools.

How long until Lego nfts?

I did get in on the train station since I don't believe lego is ever going to otherwise release another good train station. Says projected delivery is march 2023. Glad I had a ton of gift cards to knock the price down a ton.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Everything becoming collectables has p much ruined everything.

hth.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Can't wait until I get to build my LEGO NFT FunkoPop of Nicki Minaj at the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Literally A Person posted:

Can't wait until I get to build my LEGO NFT FunkoPop of Nicki Minaj at the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards

Just LOL if you don’t get the chase “slimed” version.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Another Lego Ideas voting thing to pick a set.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...%20vote%20here.

All three sets are neat in completely different ways.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everything becoming collectables has p much ruined everything.

hth.

Amen to that

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego has always been about "collectibles," they sell a set for ~3 years and then it's gone forever. They've done that since the 70's.

I guess the difference now is they aggressively target pop culture so it feels like you're constantly motivated to buy stuff because of nostalgia.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
it also helps that the collectible market has been taken over completely by rent seeking assholes using bots to ensure that there's as few direct to consumer sales as possible

Tapdancing Minifig
May 18, 2022
Disclaimer: I work at TLG

The 5,000 limit on the original run was picked because the first iteration in 2019 didn’t manage to sell out the 2,500 of each set they produced. They bumped it to 10,000 after the first round ordering glitch and the clearly higher demand.

Scalpers ruin everything, but the intent behind the BDP genuinely is to recognise and reward more of the fan submissions on IDEAS and give the adult community some more cool sets.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah, I liked the look of the train station, but if it really sold out in 25 minutes, by March 2023 or whenever it actually ships, it'll be going for so much on eBay that I'd feel silly even opening it and just flip it to buy enough parts on bricklink to build quadruple as much cool stuff.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't bought Lego in 20 years

How's all this rewards and free with purchase stuff really work?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Buying Lego? You'll need patience.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The Bloop posted:

You add enough plastic to your cart, and then they add some additional free plastic for you while supplies last. Probably one of the easier 'free gift' things on any website.

Rewards accumulate over time, and when you have enough for something like a discount, you go on the website and apply your rewards points towards a coupon, and then use it in the coupon field like any other promo code. Easy peasy.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
My first run in with collectible stuff was a housemate who had gotten into BrickHeadz a bit before I did. The early Marvel/Disney run didn't hold much interest for me, but they were determined to collect every Marvel set... only to find out after they had acquired everything from the first run that there'd be an exclusive Spider-Man/Venom for some convention. I'm personally really miffed that they made the Lego Movie 2 BrickHeadz a Walmart exclusive. I'd love to have them, but not at €50 each.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

A lotta y'all still don't get it, MOC holders can use multiple stud juices on a single MOC so if you have 1 astro MOC and 3 stud juices you can create 3 new MOCs
Tonight's stud juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Ideas Lab and AFOL

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Skios posted:

My first run in with collectible stuff was a housemate who had gotten into BrickHeadz a bit before I did. The early Marvel/Disney run didn't hold much interest for me, but they were determined to collect every Marvel set... only to find out after they had acquired everything from the first run that there'd be an exclusive Spider-Man/Venom for some convention. I'm personally really miffed that they made the Lego Movie 2 BrickHeadz a Walmart exclusive. I'd love to have them, but not at €50 each.

Yeah Comic-con has had exclusive minifigures for decades now, some are really rad. But they go for crazy prices now

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i like the target golf set. it’d be fun to expand it. i like it when a set gives me a new idea i want to build on

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Skios posted:

I bricklinked the non printed pieces and built my own Emmet, i think it's a good solution

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Ocean Book posted:

i like the target golf set. it’d be fun to expand it. i like it when a set gives me a new idea i want to build on

100% agreed, it's a super novel concept that has a ton of potential. I'm imagining awesome modular scale builds like a pirate's cove mini golf course running through the skull mountain, like that would be a good mashup for barracuda bay just sitting in my box with nowhere to display it, or a UFO theme mini golf course, Johnny thunder and the temple of putt putt... limits are endless and this just naturally lends itself extremely well to wacky themes.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Had knee surgery yesterday, just woke up to an email from Lego saying the McLaren Formula 1 Technic set if back in stock. I've looked every day since April, I'm so happy. Plus I will be getting both gift with purchase items, so this almost takes away the physical pain I am having! :)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They had a McLaren behind the counter at my store yesterday, I assumed on hold, and I asked about it and they were like “please buy it, we don’t have shelf space for it.” So I did.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Dogen posted:

They had a McLaren behind the counter at my store yesterday, I assumed on hold, and I asked about it and they were like “please buy it, we don’t have shelf space for it.” So I did.

Lol meanwhile I couldn't find any. Including my local store.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol I got the “Tallneck is back in stock” email this morning at 7:32. Checked the store at 7:58 and it was already out of stock again.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol I got the “Tallneck is back in stock” email this morning at 7:32. Checked the store at 7:58 and it was already out of stock again.

Same :(

I wonder if Lego would be inclined to do any of the other robots, like the Thunderjaw, seeing how successful this one has been? Or if it's just a one off scattershot approach to hit some different interest groups that don't normally buy Lego? Seems to be working out as everything feels like it's perpetually sold out

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Leak/rumor, which I'll be super stoked about if true. It's from the usual reputable people, so that's good.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Leak/rumor, which I'll be super stoked about if true. It's from the usual reputable people, so that's good.

Instant first day buy for me

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Even more:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

OSU_Matthew posted:

Same :(

I wonder if Lego would be inclined to do any of the other robots, like the Thunderjaw, seeing how successful this one has been? Or if it's just a one off scattershot approach to hit some different interest groups that don't normally buy Lego? Seems to be working out as everything feels like it's perpetually sold out

I would buy every Horizon robot if they made more. The tallneck build is genuinely great, probably my favorite in the last year. Looks fantastic fully built and has some cool build techniques.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I hope this is true

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Can’t find it, maybe it was taken down but rumor is that the creator expert Camaro will be the 1969 one, black with gray racing stripes but you can switch them out for red or white (?) ones - sweet

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hope this is true

I almost don't even want to raise my hopes up for this one... but it would be absolutely amazing if true.

The only annoying thing is that the set number 10497 references its old US set number 497 instead of the more common 928 used in other countries. Heck, even the printed pieces in the US version still say 928 and not 497. This is the only thing which leads me to a thought that this may not be true after all. But it won't stop me from buying it if it is true lol. ;)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ivantod posted:

I almost don't even want to raise my hopes up for this one... but it would be absolutely amazing if true.

The only annoying thing is that the set number 10497 references its old US set number 497 instead of the more common 928 used in other countries. Heck, even the printed pieces in the US version still say 928 and not 497. This is the only thing which leads me to a thought that this may not be true after all. But it won't stop me from buying it if it is true lol. ;)

There is already a LEGO 10928. It's a DUPLO set, but I'm pretty sure all the set #s are grouped. There is no 10497 at this time.

If this happens, I could see them having stickers where you can choose between 928 and 497. Or possibly printed pieces of each.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully that piece is a 1x4 brick so I can put the original in there.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

:aaa: I don't like classic space, but I do love me some Lego Space theme

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zwille posted:

Can’t find it, maybe it was taken down but rumor is that the creator expert Camaro will be the 1969 one, black with gray racing stripes but you can switch them out for red or white (?) ones - sweet
Ooh that'd look amazing. Sign me up for that new Galaxy Explorer too.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I really enjoyed building the Mclaren, it was a lot less challenging than the BMW bike in many ways, but a great model. The stickers are for the most part pretty good but the spoiler loving suuuuucks. I was able to cut the middle of the spoiler sticker that stays on the sheet out and carefully put it on so it ended up looking alright, but man if you just settled for the way it's supposed to be done it'd look real lovely on such a prominent part of the model.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Risk of Rain 2 LEGO:

The first one is a Stone Golem, a typical enemy from the game. It's posed on a li'l plinth with a common item chest, and it utilizes my new-ish "tall grass" technique involving green minifig claws.

Second is a UCS Bungus. This was just a meme build at first, a digital MOC that I didn't intend to physically build, but a couple Risk of Rain fans I know IRL wanted one so I built a couple copies for them. The Bustling Fungus is a common-rarity item in the game, and it's a bit of a meme in the community because it's worthless on every survivor except for one, and the name "bustling fungus" gets shortened to "bungus." So here's the UCS Bungus.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Those are very cool! There's a little clustered white capped mushroom around here that is kinda like the Bungus.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That's a handsome bungus.
Whatever that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Upcoming GWP that was leaked before: