Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

i had to level up a few times in the area before the ghost conductor guy to beat him. this game's kinda grindy right? im not just missing something am i? im doin the combos

When I tried to play it years ago I thought it was incredibly difficult but it turned out my emulator was constantly slightly desynced from the audio so it was just that combat timing was impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

i had to level up a few times in the area before the ghost conductor guy to beat him. this game's kinda grindy right? im not just missing something am i? im doin the combos

hes a motherfucker and this made me remember my absolute clutch win

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousAbstemiousKleeTTours

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

extremebuff posted:

hes a motherfucker and this made me remember my absolute clutch win

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousAbstemiousKleeTTours

lol cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mother 3 has the perfect jrpg difficulty where random enemies are fodder that can throw a curveball and gently caress you up, but the bosses keep you on pins and needles for pretty much the entire game. jrpgs ftw. i wish nintendo kept making these

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

it's been a long time but I think the underwater boss gave me the most trouble. I should play Mother 3 again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been waiting to play it on my Analogue Pocket but the bastards are taking their sweet time releasing the 1.1 firmware and I don't have a GBA flashcart anymore.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the barrier trio hosed me up good, real hard mothers

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I've been waiting to play it on my Analogue Pocket but the bastards are taking their sweet time releasing the 1.1 firmware and I don't have a GBA flashcart anymore.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
drat. mother 3 really does put you in the role of a small child since you're all struggling with a nintendo jrpg for 7 year olds :cawg:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

drat. mother 3 really does put you in the role of a small child since you're all struggling with a nintendo jrpg for 7 year olds :cawg:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Back Light Rises

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Back Light Rises

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
uh. get a life troles. you don't need to mod a backlight to the analogue pocket. all you needed to do was pay the upfront pre-order fee of 500 dollars in 2018 when they were available for 20 minutes preorder and you get a system with a backlight 5 years later. easy peasy.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

uh. get a life troles. you don't need to mod a backlight to the analogue pocket. all you needed to do was pay the upfront pre-order fee of 500 dollars in 2018 when they were available for 20 minutes preorder and you get a system with a backlight 5 years later. easy peasy.

this. glad SOMEONES talking sensw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Back Light Rises

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Back Light Rises

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Back Light Rises

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Back Light Rises

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
made it to chapter 4. The game has Begun

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gettin those full combos feels so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

made it to chapter 4. The game has Begun

hell yeah. only goes up, enjoy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Last night the scene where the lady comes into Wess's room in the nursing home after he talks about staring at the hot women caretakers just to say "they call that sexual harassment nowadays" made me lmao. The game is genuinely funny whereas I always found Mother and Earthbound merely weird and quirky

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The lotus seed head guys are freakin me out

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

summer is jrpg season and I always think about playing something new the past couple years but end up just playing through ffviii again.

This is the sound of a hot summer afternoon
https://youtu.be/Tpfp5_5Xjms

are there any recommendations for some fairly relaxed 3ds jrpgs? I’ll probably be away with nothing but that for a little while soon and want something to relax with when I have some spare time.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Radiant Historia is my favourite DS rpg and is reasonably chill.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i gotta replay chrono trigger again so i can then take a crack at the cross remaster

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

cardinale posted:

Radiant Historia is my favourite DS rpg and is reasonably chill.

This looks sick, probably going to need to download cause physical copies cost a ton

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Radiant Historia is cool. You're spoiled for choice on 3ds/ds for chill JRPGs really

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah Radiant Historia is excellent.

Depending on what you consider relaxed, the Etrian Odyssey games are also great. The combat does want you to pay attention but it's never crushingly hard, and I find walking around dungeons and drawing the map on the bottom screen a lot of fun.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

3ds mihght be the best rpg system of all time. its a dead heat between it and snes, imo

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Etrian Odyssey is godlike. Hoping they make a new one on switch.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want a new Etrian Odyssey so bad

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

3ds mihght be the best rpg system of all time. its a dead heat between it and snes, imo

agreed. nintendo ftw

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFctacTsLMw

Insane FM Synth tracks by the god Yuzo Koshiro. The original F.O.E. encounter music is some of the hardest poo poo in the world.

Seeing this goofy lookin thing and then seeing the damage it could do coupled with the iconic F.O.E. track remains forever ingrained in my mind.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Yoko shimomura did the radiant historia ost which is a big plus.

For some reason it gives me grandia vibes though I’m sure they are in no way similar.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
foe tracks ftw. very good "you have hosed up by being in this encounter" energy on all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qF2ZyUFGHo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

If I had a 3DS I would hack it and play the SaGa 2 and 3 DS remakes