Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Looks pretty interesting. Only thing that gives me pause is that Shulkie doesn't look as...monstrous or muscular as Hulk? Just a taller, greener version of the alter ego. But they got Roth back, so it might be worth a watch.

I wonder if they retire/kill off Hurt's character in this one or Cheadle's Armor Wars spinoff, or just leave it off camera and drop it in somewhere as exposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

But they got Roth back, so it might be worth a watch.

I didn't notice that, but I'm glad they keep acknowledging Incredible Hulk. They were even selling giant cans of Pingo Doce in California Adventure when Avenger's Campus opened.

Edit: It's very weird the way they made Bruce sound like he's giving a presentation with all of his lines when he's just talking to She-hulk.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Oh, and I'm calling it right now for Prey: she's going to kill the Predator via bison stampede.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mat Cauthon posted:

Looks pretty interesting. Only thing that gives me pause is that Shulkie doesn't look as...monstrous or muscular as Hulk? Just a taller, greener version of the alter ego.

The thing with the Hulks is that they're an expression of repressed emotion. Hulk looks brutish because that's how Bruce sees that violent, angry part of himself. That's also why "Professor Hulk" in the later movies looks more like Bruce as well as acting like him - he's come to terms with his inner monster.

Jen Walters, on the other hand, lacks confidence in herself as a woman because she studied so hard to become a lawyer that she neglected her social life. Thus, when she Hulks out she becomes her perfected vision of herself.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Seems like a very weak retrospective justification of why she had to still be a babe

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean she does occasionally turn into a roid monster as well, depends on how angry she gets. The thing is that She-Hulk is mostly comedic and so it really fits better that she's a fun loving amazon.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Seems like a very weak retrospective justification of why she had to still be a babe

There's a lot of markers in the trailer to indicate that the writers are taking heavy inspiration from Dan Slott's story Single Green Female. I don't want to go into too much detail, but it's mostly about how being superhuman doesn't solve your problems. Lots of comedy, some meta commentary, all gold. The two things from it that I hope they keep are that Marvel Comics exist in the universe they tell stories about, and the bit where She-Hulk refuses to fight a supervillain and instead captures him by drinking him under the table.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh no, I mean the reason she's not big and bulky in the comics is because they felt they needed to do that to sell to teenage boys, and/or having a horny artist and editorial staff with the mind of teenage boys. I'm sure some good people have put some good work in since then to try and best justify it, but it's silly to pretend that's not the reason they went that direction with her design.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You wouldn't like me when I'm yassified.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

This looks adorable and sweet and funny and I can literally see it only working so well because it's Emma Thompson in the role.

Fake edit: holy poo poo she looks amazing for 63 years old

Lol at the comments that are if a MAN DID THIS

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Supposedly She-Hulk does in fact tap into a deeper rage and does "hulk out" more later on

There are even spoilers out showing part of the transformation;

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i mean, let's be fair here, the modern Hulk doesn't look "monstrous" either, he looks totally goofy and lovable, even when he's wrecking stuff. he's a big bear. she hulk is more of a, some sort of strong cat. a cougar, perhaps

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean I'm all for making a genuinely monstrous female character, like sure make a Glory movie, which is the comic where the the artist deliberately made the main character slightly taller and way more muscular in each issue until she was a massive beefcake by the end.

vs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
its funny though because literally 2 days ago i was thinking "whatever happened to tatiana maslaney, the once yas queen of all TVIV?"

i kind of hate it when that happens though, because it means i'm tuned into the zeitgeist or i'm picking up on ads that i'm not consciously aware of, and both those options are scary (or it's a coincidence, but man it happens a lot!)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

She was really good in Perry Mason.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

precision posted:

i mean, let's be fair here, the modern Hulk doesn't look "monstrous" either, he looks totally goofy and lovable, even when he's wrecking stuff. he's a big bear.

You haven't read Immortal Hulk then. It's widely considered to be the best Hulk run in decades, and it features a Hulk driven not just by rage but by hate. He's pitiless and sometimes cruel, and it's all reflected in his face. Goofy and loveable he is not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jedit posted:

You haven't read Immortal Hulk then. It's widely considered to be the best Hulk run in decades, and it features a Hulk driven not just by rage but by hate. He's pitiless and sometimes cruel, and it's all reflected in his face. Goofy and loveable he is not.

He’s talking movie Hulk.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He’s talking movie Hulk.

Ah, right. We'd sort of side moved into comic discussion. Movie wise we're on the same side of the argument.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hakkesshu posted:

She was really good in Perry Mason.

i keep forgetting that show existed, and meaning to watch it, because i also love the dude from the Americans

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Bruh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnrQ7cqRmws

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How about this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGnPDFCPE8

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oh god that looks so good lmao

OF COURSE LESBIANS GET A WHOLE MONTH AND WE ONLY GET A WEEK!

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

I'm a fan of Billy Eichner, but found that long monologue pretty off putting. Hopefully him monologuing isn't a big part of the movie, because it took up way too much of the trailer. I think the trouble is that he isn't talented enough as an actor to make it sound off the cuff. Or maybe it's just that I'm so aware of what he sounds and moves like when he's genuinely speaking spontaneously that hearing him recite a monologue is especially awkward.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i feel like a lot of movies try to do "here's what gay men are REALLY like" but that trailer actually pretty much nailed it

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

So hyped for this. Miller wrote it with his daughter which is just so adorable :3:

Bros looks good too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
drat, yeah, Bros looks good. And apparently I know someone in it. Neat!

Also extremely hype for the 3000 Years of Longing trailer after that teaser.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i've never found Billy Eichner remotely physically attractive before, but he has finally arrived at a look that works for him :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

yes

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dick Jones posted:

Hard pass. Stop greenlighting Predator and Alien projects. The franchises are dead forever. Imagine if some top level decision maker at 20th Century had set down this simple rule fifteen years ago. They would have saved the studio well over a billion dollars...

AVP made 177m on a 60m budget.
AVP:R made 130m on a 40m budget
Prometheus made 403m on a 130m budget
Covenant made 241m on a 97m budget

So they would have saved about negative 300 million on aliens movies even using the old "double the budget" rule

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
to be fair, I'll watch Tilda in anything, but I'm definitely in for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGvntl9itE&t=1s

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Magnificient

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gimme. Gimme gimme gimme

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

First EEAAO and now this, let's go :getin:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I would like to hang out with George Miller and his chili pepper pin

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
We are so lucky to have George Miller

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Dope trailer. I like the Tarsem vibes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

FoneBone posted:

to be fair, I'll watch Tilda in anything, but I'm definitely in for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGvntl9itE&t=1s

This is my hole, it was made for me, etc.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oh wow, oh man,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsT-O8iQTY

Chris Pratt finally getting to live out his chud fantasies, based on a book by a hyper chud