Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Pigbuster posted:

Joshu being a character is pretty funny in retrospect. Dude barely does anything outside of Milagro man

To be fair nobody else does either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
themes that go (unusually) hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Ek_1W9wk

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

- Part 5: Leone Abbacchio, Risotto Nero, Cioccolata/Secco
Abbacchio and Nero are probably the two biggest examples of characters who should be in ASB based off of story importance alone, but probably won't because their powers are really hard to translate into a fighting game. At least Abbacchio still has Golden Wind on the PS2.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
wtf is Abbacchio gonna do

"hey here's what you looked like 5 minutes ago" *gets punched*

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You could probably just make Abacchio a stark contrast to other Stand Users and have him be a predominantly physical fighters who also happens to have a Stand that can work in punch rushes.

That said, I definitely see how it could be hard to make a full skillset for him and Nero.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
You could potentially set up 300-IQ combos if you get the opponent caught in the right spot and then replay the last 10 seconds of your (or their) attacks while you wail on them from the other side. I could see it working pretty well tbh

Then when his super bar fills he replays his dead boyfriend and cries a bit

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

"hey here's what you looked like 5 minutes ago" *gets punched*

Hes gonna be a transforming character like Shang Tsung

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Pigbuster posted:

Joshu being a character is pretty funny in retrospect. Dude barely does anything outside of Milagro man

Joshu is the worst but Milagro Man is my favorite mini-arc in Jojo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The high point of Joshuu's life was seeing 3D Johnny Depp Pirate Movie.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He's a cop, just give him a gun and make him do cop poo poo. Then let him use his stand to replay being a cop. Then use his stand to replay using his stand to

moody blues requiem

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There's a Bedman from Guilty Gear that has a whole rewind mechanic that lets him do all kinds of weird poo poo, you could have Moody Blues do something like that. That might be a bit more complicated than this game wants to go for though.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

They could always just make Abbacchio a mirror character or give him random move sets like Charade from Soul Calibur 2.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Abbachio only exists when you're playing as Giorno and he pops up in the corner of the screen to say "THAT'S loving BULLSHIT, gently caress YOU GIORNO" when you attack.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just let them change Moody Blues so it's more fitted for combat, like High Priestess in HotF.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just have moody blues do replays of stands that arent in the game

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Stairmaster posted:

just have moody blues do replays of stands that arent in the game

I'd be happy with none of my picks getting in the game if this happens and gives us Wonder of Blues

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pretty confident they showed all the ones they're going to add from 1, 2, 3 and 7, going by the trailer

i bet the second batch will be purely 4, 5, 6 and 8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Joshu would be one to call his stand "nut king"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Every part of JoJo contains at least one canonically gay character: you, the reader

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jojo_games/status/1534173524268572679?t=s6Btk7NyJhciSuBJVn2ZcQ&s=19

BAOH IS BACK

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now they just need to make BT and Irene

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojo_games/status/1534535941393731585?s=20&t=9MVve0zFHm6y5VATqqG2hQ

Holy poo poo Speedwagon comes with his gang

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Guess I'm gonna be a Speedwagon main

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't remember either of the dudes that are with him or his sledgehammer.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think the sledgehammer move is from when he destroys the stone mask. I don’t really remember the individual gang members either but I remember that they existed.
Honestly the part I’m most excited about is the soundtrack. Give me more references to real songs and soundalikes!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They're there for like a couple of panels and never seen again. Speedwagon just straight up abandons his homies because of how powerful and gentlemanly and muscley Jonathan is

e: and yeah the sledgehammer's from the last page of part 1 where he's destroying the mask

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given how little screentime he's given overall, at least in a combat-oriented capacity, it's not too surprising if they exaggerate a couple aspects to form a complete kit for a game

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

They're there for like a couple of panels and never seen again. Speedwagon just straight up abandons his homies because of how powerful and gentlemanly and muscley Jonathan is

e: and yeah the sledgehammer's from the last page of part 1 where he's destroying the mask

They showed up again at the end when he’s seeing off Jonathan and Erina, right? Or was it when he destroyed the mask? Though I’m probably I’m misremembering.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They were playable in the PS2 Phantom Blood game and were part of Speedwagon's moveset in Eyes of Heaven, you basically can't have Speedwagon in a game without Tattoo and Kempo Fighter being there in some capacity

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Speedwagon is amazing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojo_games/status/1534898108114649088?s=20&t=MjWbuPrfAPFpXKjCqQ-FKw

Demo on the 16th on Playstation, Jonathan, Jotaro, DIO, and Jolyne

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

playstation owners, bring me pictures of spiderman*

*early impressions of the game

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Josuke's dub actor (Billy Kametz) passed away from cancer earlier this week

https://obits.pennlive.com/us/obituaries/pennlive/name/billy-kametz-obituary?id=35161536

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Only 35 years old and dying of cancer. :smith:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Only 35 years old and dying of cancer. :smith:

My father too died of cancer when he was only 30... it really doesn't care for your age. :smith:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Zarythe/status/1537486732861419521?s=20&t=05l915nF4SRSl3T9DPD9UQ

lol

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

King Crimson is just offscreen

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Not to excuse anything but does this game really even have a chance of being a fighting game standard or is it just for weirdos like us? Don't know the first thing about fighting games though I did get the platinum in the original release.

SpiderLink fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

SpiderLink posted:

Not to excuse anything but does this game really even have a chance of being a fighting game standard or is it just for weirdos like us? Don't know the first thing about fighting games though I did get the platinum in the original release.

ASB is a jank-rear end game with too many problems to be competitive or anything like that. It's pretty much only for JoJo fans.

I plat'd the JP PS3 version.

Also the remaster doesn't have rollback netcode which is the new hotness so online will probably be poo poo.