Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

People are born with them. Stuff like limitless or Megumi's shadow beasts are non bloodline things. Or people are just born with new ones like presumably Hakari due to how modern his is. It just means you won't suddenly get one if you don't have it from birth.

Limitless and Ten Shadows are Bloodline things, as Cursed Techniques are hereditary. Though you can just have something unique to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

I mean that's true generally but the entire culling game is predicated on the fact that Kenjaku was able to create sorcerers from normal people in two ways. By turning them into vessels or by manipulating their brainstems with idol transfiguration. Obviously that's not normal or something that will be happening a lot, but Yuji isn't fundamentally different than all the old timey sorcerers in the culling game.

Should note the formerly normal people here are people that did have Cursed Techniques, they were just unaware of Cursed Energy or how to manipulate it until Kenjaku modified their brains so they could actually use Cursed Energy and their Techniques.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Limitless and Ten Shadows are Bloodline things, as Cursed Techniques are hereditary. Though you can just have something unique to yourself.

A dyslexia lol I meant to write “known”

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
You also have to remember that even before Yuji became a vessel he wasn’t exactly a normal human being, so he might not be playing by the same rules as everyone else

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I think it’s entirely possible Yuji could already have access to Sukun techs and refuses to use them, but we also haven’t seem him in a scenario post timeskip where he’d be forced to break them out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yuji also sits in Sukuna's bone dimension, but with a smaller throne and he's sad in it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Official chapter is up

Hakari showing up with a boatload of cursed energy and even more positive energy (it is a pun). Definitely feel like his domain expansion jackpots can be restorative or amplify his cursed energy reserves

Ok, I officially put Hakari back on the "gojo wasn't joking around" train since he just flattened two shipping crates through sheer force of cursed energy. He's still conditional as gently caress to get here but now I'm interested to see what he can do when he's on a roll.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Ok, I officially put Hakari back on the "gojo wasn't joking around" train since he just flattened two shipping crates through sheer force of cursed energy. He's still conditional as gently caress to get here but now I'm interested to see what he can do when he's on a roll.

The fact that he appears to keep the boost from a Jackpot for a while makes his ability seem much better.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fact that he appears to keep the boost from a Jackpot for a while makes his ability seem much better.

I figured that would be the case given the similarities I see between Hakari and Higuruma's. Judgeman's verdicts as well as the executioner sword also manifested or persisted outside the domain as well.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

TheHan posted:

I think it’s entirely possible Yuji could already have access to Sukun techs and refuses to use them, but we also haven’t seem him in a scenario post timeskip where he’d be forced to break them out.

Did we ever find out what the vow was that Yuji agreed to with Sukuna?>

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Did we ever find out what the vow was that Yuji agreed to with Sukuna?>

Sukuna gets full control of Yuji's body for 60 seconds when he uses the key phrase 'Enchain' but he can't kill anyone during that time. Yuji will also not remember making this pact.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sukuna gets full control of Yuji's body for 60 seconds when he uses the key phrase 'Enchain' but he can't kill anyone during that time. Yuji will also not remember making this pact.

Should note that it's whenever Sukuna says Enchain. He can use it more than once.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should note that it's whenever Sukuna says Enchain. He can use it more than once.

Can probably get around this vow by doing an attack and immediately switching back to Yuuji before it connects

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol Sukuna doing the roadroller move

I suppose with stuff like Uraume and Kenjaku around it makes a lot more sense now why Sukuna wants the ability to pop out for a chat without Yuji knowing or being able to stop him. At least it looks to me when Sukuna is in control Yuji has vague memories of it at best.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Lol Sukuna doing the roadroller move

I suppose with stuff like Uraume and Kenjaku around it makes a lot more sense now why Sukuna wants the ability to pop out for a chat without Yuji knowing or being able to stop him. At least it looks to me when Sukuna is in control Yuji has vague memories of it at best.

I think Yuji has all memories about what happens. He knows everything Sukuna did in Shibuya and was aware for all of it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Yuji has all memories about what happens. He knows everything Sukuna did in Shibuya and was aware for all of it.

Its the exact need for the vow. Sukuna wants some privacy and the concession he's willing to make is he won't start another mass murder to do so.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Its the exact need for the vow. Sukuna wants some privacy and the concession he's willing to make is he won't start another mass murder to do so.

The vow was not Yuji would be unaware when Sukuna took over, the vow was that he would not remember making it in the first place.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's true though Sukuna does show him the ground zero after. Does he ever mention Sukuna's conversation with Uraume?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The vow was not Yuji would be unaware when Sukuna took over, the vow was that he would not remember making it in the first place.

Guess I gotta reread that section

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

That's true though Sukuna does show him the ground zero after. Does he ever mention Sukuna's conversation with Uraume?

He notes he recognizes Uraume from earlier. And after Sukuna gives control back, he thinks back to Mimiko and Nanako’s death, along with Sukuna threatening Panda and Kusakabe. So it makes sense he would just remember everything.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man I completely misread Sukuna's vow. I thought it was a one time thing where he can do whatever he wants within the time limit.

But if it's something he can do multiple times and he can't kill anyone during it, it's got me wondering about his endgame even more now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man I completely misread Sukuna's vow. I thought it was a one time thing where he can do whatever he wants within the time limit.

But if it's something he can do multiple times and he can't kill anyone during it, it's got me wondering about his endgame even more now.

He still wants Megumi for something so I suspect when Kenjaku makes his move in the culling game, Sukuna will make his. Odds are he's waiting for Megumi to really master his shadow tech but I still can't figure out what he wants with the dimensional fuckery that the darkness holds. Maybe something was stored away by the Zen'nin family and only a shadow master can pull it forth and Sukuna wants it. Something hidden at the core of their technique.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gege apparently gave the whole game away on what Sukuna's deal is with Megumi in some early draft for an info book and it got reacted in editing later, or something to that effect.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's actually not clear if he means one single minute or one minute at a time. The language is ambiguous enough for either reading I think. I've always assumed he meant he gets a minute any time he says it rather than a one time deal and I think that makes more sense too. However I am surprised he's never used it. I figure he wants it so he can meet with Kenjaku and Uraume or others who know him when the time comes. The last time that came up he had total control of the body anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Let’s not forget his meeting with Jogo, where he refused to try and force Yuji into a binding vow giving him control by using his friends as hostages. So he is no doubt playing a long game.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He still wants Megumi for something so I suspect when Kenjaku makes his move in the culling game, Sukuna will make his. Odds are he's waiting for Megumi to really master his shadow tech but I still can't figure out what he wants with the dimensional fuckery that the darkness holds. Maybe something was stored away by the Zen'nin family and only a shadow master can pull it forth and Sukuna wants it. Something hidden at the core of their technique.

My assumption is something like that or there is Shikigami with a special effect that he wants summoned but he needs Megumi to be able to control it first.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Gege apparently gave the whole game away on what Sukuna's deal is with Megumi in some early draft for an info book and it got reacted in editing later, or something to that effect.

It was an interview. Same one he debunked the memory powers thing. The broadcasters felt it was too spoilerly so bleeped it out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

It's actually not clear if he means one single minute or one minute at a time. The language is ambiguous enough for either reading I think. I've always assumed he meant he gets a minute any time he says it rather than a one time deal and I think that makes more sense too. However I am surprised he's never used it. I figure he wants it so he can meet with Kenjaku and Uraume or others who know him when the time comes. The last time that came up he had total control of the body anyway.

The anime subs and dub imply it’s multiple times. As they use “whenever” he speaks the word

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I know it's extremely unlikely but it'd be funny if Sukuna only made that vow so he could stretch his legs every now and then. Like he's used to sharing a body so he's cool with living with Yuji forever.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok now I get why Gojo and Yuta are impressed with Hakari's powers :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EXPAND DOMAIN

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/2296/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-186

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

drat, Hakari's busted. He's especially good if he gets to fight some small fry first to get the Jackpots rolling, but might struggle if he fought a tough opponent straight away.

Also for the next chapter I demand a reaction shot of Kashimo finding out the rules of the Domain! In fact, I want to see Hakari hit his domain on like every named character just to see how they'd react.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a fun ability but i don't really understand how its supposed to work with what we know about cursed energy generally

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
There's no way Kashimo doesn't have his own DE to disrupt Hakari's. If Kashimo's DE is a lethal DE, it should overpower Hakari's shouldn't it? Plus Hakari will be vulnerable until he hits the jackpot since he doesn't have his infinite CE until he wins.

A scanslator has started another translation notes project for JJK. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fGG-miZgBFk-C0zfO8BPWsivqsRHK_3DChXCKDo8ShM/edit

A lot of it is minor things and translator preferences but apparently Heavenly Restriction is a binding vow. Maybe I'm speed reading but the Viz translations didn't make that clear to me. Also, teaching New Shadow Style Simple Domain is forbidden to non-sect members as it's also protected by a binding vow (but you can still learn it by stealing it or observing it) so that's probably why anti-domain techniques are pretty rare.

yum fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 27, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I have a huge poo poo eating grin on my face reading this chapter.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Jose posted:

its a fun ability but i don't really understand how its supposed to work with what we know about cursed energy generally

Well it's easy, you throw some balls, you hit some blings and some blongs, then a whoopie! popup appears, then a blaring sound plays, the thingie lights up, and bam! infinite cursed energy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

Remember how Nanami has an overtime binding vow where he gets more cursed energy when he works past a certain time limit? Hakari's ability is that on crack with a condition tied to his domain.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Remember how Nanami has an overtime binding vow where he gets more cursed energy when he works past a certain time limit? Hakari's ability is that on crack with a condition tied to his domain.

Hakari either cheats the Binding Vow system, or has a contract with someone else. His faucet of power is completely broken

Char fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 27, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hope the anime episode plays Hikari's approach like this

https://youtu.be/UEOTTr1Rnik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Char posted:

Hakari either cheats the Binding Vow system, or has a contract with someone else. His faucet of power is completely broken

Domains are the ultimate end of a Technique, plus Hakari's Technique is still luck based with 239 odds, it has a powerful but short effect if he wins.