Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I know a lot of people are bummed that Piccolo barely gets any relevance anymore but the arc of being a baby slug demon cursing Goku for killing his father to eventual Grunkle Piccolo is one of my favorite ways a Shonen character fell to the wayside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Piccolo owns and I am glad he is starring in the new movie

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
He's already half god, give him god ki ffs. Yeah, I know. Plus god ki aint mean poo poo anyway.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status/1530111577092870145

Trailer 3 - part 1 (???)

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/status/1530122881359048705

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

30 seconds is absolutely a trailer, what? In the old days all trailers were 30 seconds. Not everything has to be a 5:47 Fan Experience with two minutes of trailer and 3 minutes of pointless nerds pogging at the trailer!!

I believe I have become Aged.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's good to see Gohan transforming into Ultimate, I know he had been referred to as such in promotional material but it still felt weird to see him go Super Saiyan if he had access to his strongest form that makes Super Saiyan useless. It's not another Resurrection "F" moment, thank god.

Also Goten and Trunks are shown joining the battle which is more than I expected from them, I thought they'd just get a silly cameo for a Fat Gotenks joke and that'd be it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Reading DBZ for the first time, the most surreal thing is how lightning quick the pacing is even compared to Kai. I think I might prefer Kai slightly tbh, the (dub) script feels generally better there and the filler they left in tends to be kinda neat like the extra Vegeta/Bulma stuff, makes the manga feel almost sparse in comparison to stuff like One Piece where the filler after a certain point is…you know. And of course BADMAN.

Also goddamn was watching 18 gently caress Vegeta all the way up fun, the lack of extra stuff makes him feel like even more of a shithead heel.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Last Celebration posted:

Also goddamn was watching 18 gently caress Vegeta all the way up fun, the lack of extra stuff makes him feel like even more of a shithead heel.
He was supposed to be. Toriyama intended for him to actually die on Namek and only brought him back due to fan outcry.

His only character development between Namek and 18 wrecking his poo poo was Goku being stronger than him....again. He was a barely coherent ball of rage wrapped up in a veneer of smug superiority after becoming a Super Saiyan.

Gohan's dub line of "...he is on our side, right?" is incredibly apt, because holy poo poo he could have killed all of them if he wanted to.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

because holy poo poo he could have killed all of them if he wanted to.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I'd like to have seen him TRY

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I mean at the time the only people even remotely in his weight class on the hero team are SS1 Trunks and Kamiccolo right? Idk that's probably like a 6/10 matchup for vegeta

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Nah when Vegeta first went Super Saiyan Goku was the only one on his level and without him they'd all get slaughtered.

Piccolo wasn't fused with Kami yet and while he could definitely defend himself against a Super Saiyan judging from him beating down Gero he wasn't on their level. Trunks was at the level of Goku on Namek and Vegeta was definitely a lot stronger then that and while he still got demolished by 18 he held his own a lot longer then Trunks did.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ok thanks. I forgot when Kamiccolo showed up in relation to the hyperbolic time chamber powerups and so forth. Early Android is something I really haven't gone back to much. And yeah I knew Trunks was outclassed but figured Trunks + Kamiccolo maybe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Super Saiyan Vegeta is hilarious because he's top dog for like an hour tops until 18 humiliates him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Super Saiyan Vegeta is hilarious because he's top dog for like an hour tops until 18 humiliates him.

Honestly one of his longest periods of being top dog. They only got shorter from there.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly one of his longest periods of being top dog. They only got shorter from there.

To be fair he was top dog for like a couple of hours when he got outta the time chamber

Trunk being able to go super muscly doesn't count because the form is worthless.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RevolverDivider posted:

Nah when Vegeta first went Super Saiyan Goku was the only one on his level and without him they'd all get slaughtered.

Piccolo wasn't fused with Kami yet and while he could definitely defend himself against a Super Saiyan judging from him beating down Gero he wasn't on their level. Trunks was at the level of Goku on Namek and Vegeta was definitely a lot stronger then that and while he still got demolished by 18 he held his own a lot longer then Trunks did.

18 wasn't fighting seriously. Once she (and 17) did they got their shot wreacked.

Trunks was much stronger than Frieza but weaker than the androids.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

projecthalaxy posted:

Ok thanks. I forgot when Kamiccolo showed up in relation to the hyperbolic time chamber powerups and so forth. Early Android is something I really haven't gone back to much. And yeah I knew Trunks was outclassed but figured Trunks + Kamiccolo maybe.

Piccolo was vastly more powerful after merging with Kami.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

Piccolo was vastly more powerful after merging with Kami.

Dude was going even with 17, could probably have beat Imperfect Cell if the Androids helped.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

What’s really important is that somehow Vegeta managed to overtake Goku and be a family man. When’s the last time Goku took his family out to the amusement park? Or gave enough of a poo poo about his newborn child to not train until they were born?

…man, as much as I really like Vegeta sullenly sitting in a mini-train I feel like Super dropped the ball by not having Goku and Piccolo get in on that action.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Chi Chi is just going to have to accept her husband has a disability that keeps him an eternal 10-year old fightman
Especially once he hits godhood and becomes immortal and she's dragged along into it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

What’s really important is that somehow Vegeta managed to overtake Goku and be a family man. When’s the last time Goku took his family out to the amusement park? Or gave enough of a poo poo about his newborn child to not train until they were born?

…man, as much as I really like Vegeta sullenly sitting in a mini-train I feel like Super dropped the ball by not having Goku and Piccolo get in on that action.

You went to see his Son's movie

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

You went to see his Son's movie

IIRC, Goku slept through Gohan's movie.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

Outside of the movie, he farms with Goten daily and stuff. Goten is just getting older and doesn't want to hang with his dad anymore.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Black August posted:

Yeah if his drone followed Goku to Namek, the Android Saga probably would have been delayed a good deal as he jacked all the robots up to SSj2+ levels of deathkill

Gero overprepares and ends up inadvertently saving Earth from Babidi.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
In the Trunks timeline Gero saved the earth from Babidi by making sure Vegeta was dead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

In the Trunks timeline Gero saved the earth from Babidi by making sure Vegeta was dead.

It didn't work, since Babidi attempted to unseal Buu anyways, but at least it delayed him by a few years.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheHan posted:

This is canonically untrue. We know that for a fact. Babidi and Dabura showed up anyway and Trunks defeated them before Buu could be summoned, though the Supreme Kai died in the process.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

though the Supreme Kai died in the process.

oh no :geno:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair it also killed Beerus which basically meant Goku Black had free reign.

Trunks was probably unironically the strongest person in the universe in his timeline before Black showed up. Both Androids dead, Cell dead, Buu never released, Dabura dead, Beerus dead, Supreme Kai dead, all the Saiyans dead..

I guess there is technically Future Broly off on Vampa which now that I type it out sounds like something that shows up a bunch in fanfics.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair it also killed Beerus which basically meant Goku Black had free reign.

Trunks was probably unironically the strongest person in the universe in his timeline before Black showed up. Both Androids dead, Cell dead, Buu never released, Dabura dead, Beerus dead, Supreme Kai dead, all the Saiyans dead..

I guess there is technically Future Broly off on Vampa which now that I type it out sounds like something that shows up a bunch in fanfics.

Oh yeah I forgot Supreme Kai and Beerus' lives are connected.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

Future Broly would probably be super weak in comparison to Trunks without actually fighting him. Granted, there's also Future Moro, I guess.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

This is canonically untrue. We know that for a fact. Babidi and Dabura showed up anyway and Trunks defeated them before Buu could be summoned, though the Supreme Kai died in the process.

I mean, Vegeta being a tool with a midlife crisis was what let Babidi turn him into Majin Vegeta and give Buu resurrection fuel. I mean, it turns out everyone being kinda irresponsible and/or lovely was the best call long term but still.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Future Broly would probably be super weak in comparison to Trunks without actually fighting him. Granted, there's also Future Moro, I guess.

Future Zeno may have deleted Trunks' entire universe and timeline, but at least he stopped Trunks from having to go through a Future Moro and Granolah/Gas arc, so who can say whether he was right or wrong? :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh yeah I forgot Supreme Kai and Beerus' lives are connected.

That reminds me, shouldn't there be an old Destroyer out there somewhere since the Old Kai got stuck in a sword?

Judging from the last few seconds of that trailer, I have concluded that the big villain of this movie will in fact be a Pokemon.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

future broly was also weak until he actually fought vegeta

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Well he didn’t since he’s just in the Trunks^2 timeline with all that waiting

But that means Fused Trunks’s which would easily be Goku/Vegeta level

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxkNP-T90KY

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TwoPair posted:

That reminds me, shouldn't there be an old Destroyer out there somewhere since the Old Kai got stuck in a sword?

Judging from the last few seconds of that trailer, I have concluded that the big villain of this movie will in fact be a Pokemon.

Beerus sealed him in the sword because he was annoyed, and probably to protect himself, but new kaioshins got born that he got linked with instead. Then all but the worst one died and welp.

Darko fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 29, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dabura destroyed the z-sword and unknowingly killed old kai in future trunk's timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Black August posted:

But that means Fused Trunks’s

Dragon Ball Fusions lets you do this and in an incredibly disappointing turn of events just calls the result Trunks EX instead of Trunkunks