Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Again, seems like that's mostly on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nodosaur posted:

This is the exact opposite of his character. His chuuni delusions aside, Kiyoshirou is helpful and looks out for his underclassmen. He’s not snooty at all.

I'm pretty sure there's an intentional gap between his base character design and his actual character implementation. He's supposed to look aloof and cool but he's nervous and tries to be responsible and is kind of a goofball.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Golux posted:

I'm pretty sure there's an intentional gap between his base character design and his actual character implementation. He's supposed to look aloof and cool but he's nervous and tries to be responsible and is kind of a goofball.

This guy? A goofball?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

thetoughestbean posted:

This guy? A goofball?

I love how he went out in the streets in full Magical Elf Detective garb. This man cannot be contained!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sleeping Sigma posted:

GG 25 is like the perfect distillation of why I'm starting to kinda sour on GG.

The show being episodic and horror themed means too much of an episode is spent on building atmosphere leading to whiplash-inducing and rushed endings because there can't really be much of a continuous story from episode to episode.

since ep18 i've been enjoying it more, but i do agree the episodes sometimes feel like they struggle with appropriately pacing their horror setup vs character writing or satisfyingly resolving the plot. despite having a good set of base elements, the Frozomon ep is so far the worst offender to me. just an excessive amount of contrivance in the initial premise and very dragged out "misunderstanding" that culminates in an abrupt resolution with a weird topical nod that felt like an insulting cherry on top. speaking to the overall series pacing, i'm also annoyed they haven't gone back to that ep's big reveal in any meaningful way. the Gulus stuff at least drips out at a decent pace but it really is just drips, so adding to their questionable decisions wrt handing out evolutions there's just a lot of little grumbles i have about the overarching elements even if the episodic stories have been on a consistent upswing.

though in terms of the horror, it has often underwhelmed. some of it seems to just be stylistic choices (i'd really prefer more use of heavy contrast/shadows, breaking from standard camera angles), but horror feels like a genre that would suffer uniquely under the weekly indefinite-production model of a show like this, as contrasted to more standard kids adventure stuff e.g. Appmon or the original Adventures. i do think it's something they could lean into a bit more without crossing whatever lines are imagined due to the demographic.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

At this point I'm just sitting around enjoying the characters and having fun while I wait for the plot to kick in.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Akett posted:

At this point I'm just sitting around enjoying the characters and having fun while I wait for the plot to kick in.

Same. The character writing is the best we've had in a while so that alone keeps it good for me, even if the plot is as thin as it can be.

That said wow last episode was not good. It's sad when the first comparison that comes to my mind is the BlitzGreymon episode from Adventure:, which may genuinely be one of the worst episodes in the entire franchise. This one wasn't nearly as bad, but it had a lot of the same issues - a clearly unintended evolution in an episode with a lower budget that was focused on an entirely different character (Koshiro in Adventure:, Ruli here) that then got hijacked by the protagonist. And in both cases, I can't even blame the writers, because ultimately I am aware that Digimon exists To Sell Toys, and both series got hit by completely unexpected hiatuses that stopped the series dead but didn't affect the merch (specifically, the Digimon Card Game) at all. Canoweissmon was always intended to debut now, as the new DCG expansion has cards for the three Ghost Game Perfects...but we were meant to have a full month of episodes that just did not happen. The GulusGammamon plot now feels totally dead since Canoweissmon makes Gulus unneeded as it's even higher power with no evil drawbacks, and it was probably meant to be finished before Canoweissmon appeared (and likely meant to lead into Canoweissmon) but whoops the hack and the need to push merch loving ruined that completely.

Personal theory of how they'll fix this: Canoweissmon is still incomplete as an evolution. Both his Bandai artwork and his evolution sequence show him using GulusGammamon's black flames, but that didn't appear in the Vamdemon fight, so maybe Canoweissmon will not be able to use that (and thus, won't be at full power) until the Gulus arc is properly finished, and because of that GulusGammamon is still more powerful than Canoweissmon. Or maybe Gammamon just can't evolve to Perfect at will yet, wouldn't be the first time it's happened, though that'd mean Gammamon gets the same "I need to learn how to evolve properly" arc twice.

Unrelated, but with Survive closer, we got a lot of new screenshots.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
This felt a lot more intentional than BlitzGreymon, imo. Don't forget that BetelGammamon's eyes blacked out like Gulus before Hiro's encouragement steered him away from it. We're absolutely not done with the plotline yet, and incorporating Gulus into Canoweissmon (likely while showing him the same dignity and understanding as every other hostile digi) is undoubtedly going to be where that plotline comes to an end.

Rulli did get robbed, though, especially when Lamortmon feels like he'd be a great fit for a fight with vampires.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

This felt a lot more intentional than BlitzGreymon, imo. Don't forget that BetelGammamon's eyes blacked out like Gulus before Hiro's encouragement steered him away from it. We're absolutely not done with the plotline yet, and incorporating Gulus into Canoweissmon (likely while showing him the same dignity and understanding as every other hostile digi) is undoubtedly going to be where that plotline comes to an end.

Rulli did get robbed, though, especially when Lamortmon feels like he'd be a great fit for a fight with vampires.

This was clearly not intentional though. Ghost Game's had explosions of really good animation that just...didn't happen here, on the Perfect-level evolution of the protagonist. I'd imagine the Gulus plotline will continue regardless, my point is that it was so awkward and out of place because it really was not meant to happen here.

I didn't think about the vampire fight but that'd make some sense, especially with Dracumon returning in this episode, maybe this was meant to be Ruli's Perfect level at first and it got (awkwardly) shuffled to be Hiro's due to the hiatus.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Unrelated, but with Survive closer, we got a lot of new screenshots.

Nice to see the Guilmon line in action along with Arukenimon. With the game’s aesthetic it would sure be nice to give it a mega based on that spider youkai instead of Parasimon, but I won’t get my hopes up.

I’ve seen some complaints elsewhere about how they haven’t shown many locations past the school/bridge, but I’m fine with that. I’d like most of the story to remain a surprise, like how they get to the castle from the old screens, the snowstorm, the fire, etc.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 26: The opening updated! And for the show itself that was a weird, sad, strange episode.

I'm actually surprised Lamortmon didn't appear. It seemed like an obvious layup for him to be there, but nope. Today's new evolution thing is just confirming that Gammamon can evolve to Canoweissmon from any of his Adult forms (and pretty drat easily), so I imagine we will eventually get the Gulus to Canoweissmon evolution, possibly as the prelude to him reaching Ultimate.

At the same time, we are still doing the Ghost Game thing of progressing the show via theme and subtext and patterns of characterization. Even though he didn't appear properly, this episode was obviously pointing towards Lamortmon eventually showing up. If nothing else, this is the first time one of the protagonists deliberately and intentionally took the life of another Digimon. That's quite a distance from the start of the show. It also didn't end with Angoramon giving another aphorism, which tells me that it hit him hard. It wouldn't surprise me if this episode and not being able to save Ruli last episode might be what catalyzes him to evolve ultimately. All I'm saying is that if Vamdemon or Phelesmon shows up again they're in real danger of being ripped in half by an angry rabbit.

Also just going to reiterate that, yeah, like I guessed, Canoweissmon is pretty drat strong. I think that's the first time, um, ever that something damaged a Digitamamon's shell.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Thematically, I feel like Angoramon should have evolved in one of the last two episodes, but Hiro's the main, so he has to keep doing all the work.

Using Digitamamon as a metric, Canoweissmon might be the strongest Perfect form of a partner Digimon ever?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I definitely liked 26 more than 25. Even though it was a little weird for Gammamon and Jellymon to do nothing there for a minute. If they're gonna actually build up to Lamortmon maybe I can hope he'll be a little feral after all. Like how Digitamamon asks if he's "a digimon or a human" and how he'll be going from a really human-y form to a really bestial one. There's some potential drama to be mined there depending on what triggers the evolution.

The girl in the preview is the same one being hit on by Hiro's horny friend during the ending song. I thought she was a student, but I guess she's the dorm receptionist?

Hey, the old man from Survive's intro was in V-Jump and got the same kinda art as the rest of the cast. I guess he won't just show up as a corpse after all.

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1528419905116475393

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The Bee posted:

See, I didn't read it as Hiro trying to steer BetelGammamon away from evolving into GulusGammamon because he would've said something along those lines. We've seen him in the other episodes coming to terms that Gulus is just another part of Gammamon as well as trying to talk with Gulus. Vamdemon was torturing them in order to force a dark digivolution, but the fact that Hiro shouts that they'd get through this together, with an emphasis on together, was his way of reassuring BetelGammamon that he'd accept him no matter what.

I do agree with you that it was a lot more intentional, even if Ruli did get robbed that episode. GG as a whole is more deliberate and confident in their storytelling, in a way Adventure 2020 wasn't.

Omnicrom posted:

Ghost Game 26: The opening updated! And for the show itself that was a weird, sad, strange episode.

I'm actually surprised Lamortmon didn't appear. It seemed like an obvious layup for him to be there, but nope. Today's new evolution thing is just confirming that Gammamon can evolve to Canoweissmon from any of his Adult forms (and pretty drat easily), so I imagine we will eventually get the Gulus to Canoweissmon evolution, possibly as the prelude to him reaching Ultimate.

At the same time, we are still doing the Ghost Game thing of progressing the show via theme and subtext and patterns of characterization. Even though he didn't appear properly, this episode was obviously pointing towards Lamortmon eventually showing up. If nothing else, this is the first time one of the protagonists deliberately and intentionally took the life of another Digimon. That's quite a distance from the start of the show. It also didn't end with Angoramon giving another aphorism, which tells me that it hit him hard. It wouldn't surprise me if this episode and not being able to save Ruli last episode might be what catalyzes him to evolve ultimately. All I'm saying is that if Vamdemon or Phelesmon shows up again they're in real danger of being ripped in half by an angry rabbit.

Also just going to reiterate that, yeah, like I guessed, Canoweissmon is pretty drat strong. I think that's the first time, um, ever that something damaged a Digitamamon's shell.

The fact that Lamortmon didn't appear at all was a relief to me. It gives me hope that GG will do its own thing and not be like Adventure 2020 where they have the Digimons evolve into the next level for several episodes.

Something that really works in this episode was the way GG doesn't treat death lightly gives a lot more weight to SymbareAngoramon having to kill his best friend. Hell, the fact he didn't have a poem at the end of the episode was legit upsetting..

So of course people are taking the wrong lesson from it and saying poo poo like "finally, the kids realized they need to use lethal force when these refugees Digimons get violent!" :jerkbag:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/PabloMelk/status/1528381676715446274

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

amigolupus posted:

I do agree with you that it was a lot more intentional, even if Ruli did get robbed that episode. GG as a whole is more deliberate and confident in their storytelling, in a way Adventure 2020 wasn't.

Honestly the early episodes of Adventure 20 also had a lot of clear deliberation and intentionality, but I suspect that was just another victim of the pandemic hiatus.

It still remains very nice the way the show has been confident enough to stick to its guns and progress mostly via theme and subtext.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

So of course people are taking the wrong lesson from it and saying poo poo like "finally, the kids realized they need to use lethal force when these refugees Digimons get violent!" :jerkbag:

I'm glad I'm not in the same Digimon circles as you are because I haven't seen anyone say this. I don't doubt for a second there are people that genuinely believe this, I'm just glad I don't have to interact with them or even see them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think there are a lot of people who expected another shonen action series where you hit the bad guy until it dies, for whom things like the slow rollout of Digivolutions and primarily conversation based resolutions are seen as a bug, not as a feature. I feel like the right wing spin on that is a bit uncharitable, but there are definitely people watching who are going "but when will the heroes need to kill?"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

is it not a pretty regular thing that the kids eventually have to kill some digimon? they're very frank about it in the original Adventure seasons :shrug:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

dogsicle posted:

is it not a pretty regular thing that the kids eventually have to kill some digimon? they're very frank about it in the original Adventure seasons :shrug:

You aren't wrong, and I think everyone knew even early on that eventually the kids from Ghost Game were going to have to kill someone, but it's a big moment precisely because the show uniquely went out of its way to push really hard towards the idea that a nonviolent, or at a least nonfatal confrontation was always something to strive for. What happened in the most recent episode has the impact it does because the previous 25 episodes depict the cast as being resolutely opposed to going with a lethal solution.

And I say uniquely because it is unique, Ghost Game has been spending a lot of its time and effort plugging away at a theme of harmony, second chances, and mutual understanding. The closest a previous season of Digimon was to Ghost Game was 02 where it was brought up that the newer characters had never killed a Digimon before (Chimeramon and Dark Tower Digimon didn't count). And there was a moment of shock from Iori and Miyako after Marine Devimon and Lady Devimon, but it really was just that moment. Every other season generally had characters A-OK with killing the bad guys from the get go.

That contrasts a lot with Ghost Game. The first 13 episodes of that show get across that some Digimon may be malicious, but most of them aren't and even some that appear to be bad guys are redeemable and should be given a second chance. Most of the early episodes were incited by a lack of understanding, and what the early evolutions "won" by fighting back was essentially a chance to resolve the situation amicably. That continuous push for nonviolent resolutions is just one reason why episode 13 was such a huge moment.

I think it also comes from the desire to make a Horror series. One of the things that is necessary to make horror work is to get across the fear that the characters are in danger, but for that to work in a serialized show you somewhat paradoxically have to apply a light, deft touch to mortality. The structure of the show is such that our heroes are going to be in mortal peril almost every week, so to keep the audience from being desensitized to mortal peril you need to actually avoid death is much as possible. Keeping that stuff mostly off screen and saving it for the big moments the reason why the show can actually land those big moments.

As for going forward? I suspect the show is going to continue playing battles to the death as something to avoid at all reasonable costs, but I suspect we are going to see more fatalities going forward. Like I keep saying, the show has been ramping up the power and capabilities of its protagonists even without necessarily having them evolve. They figure things out faster, they communicate and work together more effectively, they move quicker, they make better decisions, and their partners are consistently quite strong especially now that Canoweissmon has shown up (amigolupus may have the right of it, the only Perfect partner Digimon who were put over as strong as him were Globemon and maybe Cyberdramon). One of the other aspects of horror is a sense of powerlessness, but seeing as the cast are no longer anywhere near powerless I suspect we're going to move into the horrors of responsibility.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think one thing about Ghost Game that's unappreciated by some is that the Digimon are as much full fledged characters as the kids. Only Xros Wars did that just as consistently, as well as Tamers to a lesser extent.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

I think one thing about Ghost Game that's unappreciated by some is that the Digimon are as much full fledged characters as the kids. Only Xros Wars did that just as consistently, as well as Tamers to a lesser extent.

I greatly appreciate it. The Digimon cast being genuine characters and not just extensions of their Tamers is so nice. Gammamon and now Angoramon have clear character arcs of their own to follow with other characters that are specifically tied to them and not their Tamers and that's surprisingly unusual for the franchise! Jellymon doesn't, but Jellymon is already terrible perfect.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Jellymon is a fully realized rascal

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Omnicrom posted:

Honestly the early episodes of Adventure 20 also had a lot of clear deliberation and intentionality, but I suspect that was just another victim of the pandemic hiatus.

It still remains very nice the way the show has been confident enough to stick to its guns and progress mostly via theme and subtext.

That's fair. It's just very easy to forget that Adventure 2020 had a direction they were going for at the beginning when it got drowned by the rest of the mediocrity.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm glad I'm not in the same Digimon circles as you are because I haven't seen anyone say this. I don't doubt for a second there are people that genuinely believe this, I'm just glad I don't have to interact with them or even see them.

Ah, I read opinions about the latest GG episodes on Reddit only because I'm starved to see people's opinions about it. While there's some interesting posts, a number of them keep bringing up how the kids should kill off troublesome enemies, completely missing the themes of GG or how protags end up fighting Digimons way above their level.

Nodosaur posted:

I know, right? This isn't just a show with three Tamers and their Digimons, but a show with six main characters. Gammamon's refreshing as the protagonist's partner because while he starts off as an innocent little baby, we do see him grow as the show goes on. He learned about death and how to process it, he started becoming more independent by going on errands by himself, he even chose to fight and protect Hiro all on his own. :3:

thetoughestbean posted:

Jellymon is a fully realized rascal

I laughed when I realized Jellymon was basically a JRPG protagonist who does all the sidequests and fetch quests to get all the money.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

amigolupus posted:

That's fair. It's just very easy to forget that Adventure 2020 had a direction they were going for at the beginning when it got drowned by the rest of the mediocrity.

Very fair. There is absolutely a point in the series where you can tell the production staff just gave up. It's honestly sad.

quote:

I laughed when I realized Jellymon was basically a JRPG protagonist who does all the sidequests and fetch quests to get all the money.

I think you overestimate how much hard work Jellymon does, you know if she wants money she just uses Kiyoshiro's credit card.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hey, Jellymon ran a legitimate business!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Omnicrom posted:

I think you overestimate how much hard work Jellymon does, you know if she wants money she just uses Kiyoshiro's credit card.

Well, last time she tried putting effort into making money, she ended up getting a giant dragon trying to kill her Kiyoshiro. And when she recklessly tried to just sell people stuff, Sealsdramon came after her. And when she tried exploiting a sleeping Digimon giving an useful service to society, she got SkullGreymon nightmares. I couldn't blame her at this point.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
On the other hand, the discussion I had about 25 was cursed in a completely different way. Canoweissmon having a large crotch bulge and his head looking like the bad dragon logo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Hey, Jellymon ran a legitimate business!

And for that she got chased by a Heavy Lourde of Giant Bone Dragons for her troubles.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

So the new Imperialdramon and Mastemon starter decks, are they decent starts to customize from or would it be a waste to try? I can definitely see some vanillas that could be removed and you could def add some davis & ken to the imperialdramon one, dunno what tamers would be good for the mastemon one. Any suggestions?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Golux posted:

So the new Imperialdramon and Mastemon starter decks, are they decent starts to customize from or would it be a waste to try? I can definitely see some vanillas that could be removed and you could def add some davis & ken to the imperialdramon one, dunno what tamers would be good for the mastemon one. Any suggestions?

There’s a bunch of cards in the new set that are custom made for the starter decks, which can end up being pretty powerful if you add more of the boss monsters like Mastemon and Imperialdramon

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

thetoughestbean posted:

There’s a bunch of cards in the new set that are custom made for the starter decks, which can end up being pretty powerful if you add more of the boss monsters like Mastemon and Imperialdramon

so aside from bumping up to 4-ofs on the things there are two of, probably good to add some fighter and/or paladin modes, davis and ken, and giga death for imperialdramon, and like... Candlemon, BlackGatomon, Ophanimon Falldown, and Flame Hellscythe for Mastemon?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The Golux posted:

Both are the starting points for really good decks. You do need to sub out some cards and get tamers for both of them, but each of them represents an extremely real threat.

Imperialdramon is the cheaper of the two, all you really need to do is add some more V-mon and some different XV-mon and you've got the shell of a decent deck already. Shoutouts to the V/XV-mon from EX-1 who are both perfect for the deck, and to the other good V-Mon cards in BT8 that help round it out (Lighdramon is especially nice). The only really expensive cards worth considering in the deck are the old V-Mon that have jamming, Daisuke, and Imperialdramon Fighter Mode. Paladin mode is nice, but not actually necessary, the deck is blazing fast once it starts moving.

Mastemon is also the basis for an extremely solid control deck, but it's also the more expensive of the two as it will gladly swallow up a bunch of the old SR Holy Angemon that Recover+1 on play and often times a couple of the Secret Rare Lucemon FM. For Tamers you'll probably want the old yellow Takeru that they need to reprint. The new 02 version of Hikari as well as Hikari/Takeru are good choices for the deck, and I know some people play the purple version of Hikari as well. BT8 also provides it with Ophanimon FM and her option, but those are markedly cheaper.

Incidentally, conventional wisdom is that Imperialdramon is basically a Blue deck with some multicolor and Green cards and Mastemon is a purple deck that has some yellow cards and mostly plays yellow tamers. Make of that as you will.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Golux posted:

so aside from bumping up to 4-ofs on the things there are two of, probably good to add some fighter and/or paladin modes, davis and ken, and giga death for imperialdramon, and like... Candlemon, BlackGatomon, Ophanimon Falldown, and Flame Hellscythe for Mastemon?

I would probably not run Giga Death, it's super expensive.

A lot of lists I've seen are within a few cards of this, though, I'm not sold on BT8 Vee and Magnamon.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 27: a pretty straight on kind of episode, possibly done to remind us that yeah, sometimes the show is just going to be tense and scary one shots. I do appreciate that Hiro remains consistently on top of things, it is just nice that the show likes to remind us these kids are pretty good at this by now. I like that he's been keeping abreast of urban legends because he has basic pattern recognition and also appreciate the bit at the end with him just having a letter on the off chance exactly that situation might eventually happen because again, pattern recognition.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Paladin Mode is a huge trap. You can run him and he's powerful but he's not a fast card and Imperialdramon is a lightning fast deck. You'll win games you would've lost otherwise with Paladin Mode but on average you're going to slow your deck down by including him.

I still throw one in for lore.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ghost Game 27: What I like about this episode is that it manages to have a sense of tension running throughout it. We've seen people die over the last few episodes and the intro shows that the woman disappeared somehow after being attacked by the water, so you feel really worried that the RA for Hiro's dorm will bite it. Then there's how Splashmon has captured both BetelGammamon and TeslaJellymon, leaving you wondering how in the world these kids will get out of the predicament now. Even if SymbareAngoramon evolved, what we've seen of his form suggests he'd be a physical attacker and wouldn't be much help against Splashmon either.

It really felt like the kids were doomed, so the show bringing back the digital fields was a great way to show that they still exist and that the kids can still outsmart their enemies. Ghost Game does a really good job in not having the kids just stand around during fights.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The telegraphing of ice in the beginning of the episode was relatively obvious though the solution of how they were able to freeze Splashmon wasn't quite what i was expecting

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I did like how Hiro was trying to think about his research and then remembered Gammamon being a bit of a gremlin by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So the Vital Bracelet app went down for maintenance and data-miners found 2 "new" dim cards added to it: Dinosaur Roar and Wolf Howl. 100% repeated mons because 17 is the max a card can hold.

I'm guessing it'll probably be retail so people who missed out on the PBandai MBR/TSH set can get the black recolor mons.