Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

mrfart posted:

Imagine, this is the stuff they release as propaganda, missing a target by 100 meters,
using his own phone to do the calculations.

Something's killing those 100 Ukrainians a day, who cares that there's a video on twitter of eight rockets missing. This is like the lol Trump dumb posts, people are just making themselves feel superior about the situation while the actual facts of the situation are still exactly as poo poo as before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I am happy any time a rocket misses people

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I don't think it is exactly racist or xenophobic to think that Russia's own threats to take the war into other European countries next shouldn't be dismissed out of hand, and it's pretty insulting to equate it with "orc horde" type rhetoric. You could argue that entertaining Russia's threats is being overly credulous, although this argument is much weaker than it was before February 24.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/samramani2/status/1532120001141932033

Edit:

https://twitter.com/senatormarkdaly/status/1532073563435724800

I wonder if these acts of recognition could snowball far enough to prompt the US to designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 1, 2022

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

aphid_licker posted:

Something's killing those 100 Ukrainians a day, who cares that there's a video on twitter of eight rockets missing. This is like the lol Trump dumb posts, people are just making themselves feel superior about the situation while the actual facts of the situation are still exactly as poo poo as before.

That's my point. They don't care, they're firing walls of dumb artillery and missiles on everything, not giving a single gently caress who or what they destroy. And they're not ashamed to show it.

And the situation isn't exactly as poo poo as before, it's worse.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I feel like the idea that European leaders pragmatically, behind closed doors, don't care if Ukraine is annexed seems a bit off the mark, because from a pragmatic security perspective unleashing the genie of near-peer European war as a method of settling disagreements is kind of a disaster for everyone.

To use an analogy, suppose there were a group of regulars who rode the bus every day to work. It's a long journey, it's mostly the same people, and over time they've all gotten to know each other. Sometimes they talk, sometimes they make friends, sometimes they're kinda hostile to each other, but they're all just there to ride the bus to work and to ride it home again. Whatever, so it goes.

And then one day out of the blue of the regulars goes apeshit on another and starts beating the crap out of him. Now you might say "Well, he's not attacking me, it's not my fight, I don't have to get involved," and that's certainly a rational perspective. You might also say "Well, I'm worried that I'll get hurt if I fight, and if I get hurt I might not be able to go to work and feed my family" and that's also perfectly rational. But it's also entirely rational to say "Jesus Christ that fucker just start a fight on this goddamn bus, and I know he's a regular and tomorrow he'll be back on the bus again. Is he going to fight the same guy again? Is he gonna fight someone else then? Is he gonna fight me?" Because even if you're pretty sure you can find good reasons for that guy not to fight you, he's just demonstrated that he's willing to get into a fight on a bus for his own reasons, something you weren't really expecting at all. Now, whenever you sit next to him or stand near him, you're always going to have to stay tensed and ready for the possibility that this dude might turn and go apeshit either on you or someone near you. It would take an inhuman degree of self-control not to change your attitude or behavior at ALL after a quiet commute to work transformed into a constant potential Fight Bus that you can't get out of. This goes doubly if the aggressor straight up murdered the other guy, and I challenge you to say that you wouldn't be at all creeped out and ready to defend yourself if the attacker, after having just ended the life of his opponent, came and sat down by you and casually said "So how's YOUR day?"

It only gets worse when you can see that the attacker is drunk and during the fight is constantly yelling about how everyone on the bus loving hates him, he can tell, but he'll show them all, he'll gently caress them all, he will, you loving watch he'll loving pop a cap in all of their asses, you'll see! Even if you don't believe he'll actually act on it, how comfortable are you being near him afterwards, and how sure exactly are you that he's not going to do something wild again?

Fundamentally security isn't just about being able to defend yourself - nobody can defend themselves against EVERYBODY, that would be incredibly exhausting and you can't actually cover every potential threat. Security is about feeling like you don't usually NEED to defend yourself because you live amongst people who you're pretty sure aren't going to attack you or anyone you care about. One of the key ways you can accomplish this is by making sure that anyone who DOES act out gets severely punished and restrained and that those who are attacked are supported and protected, so that others can see the consequences of such actions and be deterred while you reduce the potential threat the transgressor poses. As such, I'd say that for the sake of European security it makes perfect rational sense for a European leader to think "You know what we really need? More sanctions on Russia, more arms to Ukraine, and a swift kick in the balls for Putin."

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I wonder if these acts of recognition could snowball far enough to prompt the US to designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism.
The current US sanctions are, in effect, the same sort that would be triggered with an announcement of that nature. So no reason to do so.

The only thing I can think of that would be additionally laid, would be sanctions for countries that have certain economic relationships with Russia. For instance, if a country purchased arms from Russia, or supplied arms, they could also be implicated and sanctions would apply to them as well. An uncertain and tortuous path with unpredictable outcomes so no, don't think it would happen. Not needed in any case. I believe one country in particular understands the sanctions danger of supplying Russia with arms.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the popes toes posted:

The current US sanctions are, in effect, the same sort that would be triggered with an announcement of that nature. So no reason to do so.

The only thing I can think of that would be additionally laid, would be sanctions for countries that have certain economic relationships with Russia. For instance, if a country purchased arms from Russia, or supplied arms, they could also be implicated and sanctions would apply to them as well. An uncertain and tortuous path with unpredictable outcomes so no, don't think it would happen. Not needed in any case. I believe one country in particular understands the sanctions danger of supplying Russia with arms.

I see, that makes sense to me. Cheers!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

fnox posted:

At the same time, are we really expecting people to have sympathy for the Russian soldier, or much less, the Russian government? I think that's primarily where the hatred is driven towards, like, the rather prominent use of the word "vatnik" isn't a slur against all Russians, it's first of all a word of Russian origin, secondly it refers to those who blindly follow government propaganda. It's all pretty directed at Putin and his fascist regime, claiming it's racism is disingenuous when the Ukrainians are ethnically very similar.

Anti-russian bigotry existed before the war and it's ramped up now. I'm not talking about people being mean to soldiers either.

Wanna hear how my co workers talk about my wife

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 2, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
EDIT: Retracted, not a fair or constructive post.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/thestudyofwar/status/1532144973134450688

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Something occurred to me with regard to the wounded count. Militaries tend to count any injury sustained during combat as WIA. In 2003 we had an engineer company attached to our squadron. By the end of the summer something like half of the company had purple hearts. My memory is fuzzy, but I'm not sure they had any KIA at that point, and while a decent number (a dozen? maybe two dozen?) had been evacuated out of theatre, the rest remained combat capable. The overall company remained combat effective the entire deployment.

This is not to say that 500 WIA a day is fine. It's not, and indicates that Ukraine's combat power is being degraded just as Russia's is. But it may not be as crippling as the number initially leads one to believe.

If any goons served at the operational (battalion or brigade) levels more recently or for longer, they may have a better perspective.

Bridge-talk
I'm wondering if rivers are a larger obstacle than before. Armenia and Azerbaijan aside, there haven't been any large-scale, modern, peer fights since the Korean War, and precision munitions didn't exist back then. Now they are ubiquitous, which makes taking out temporary pontoon bridges much, much easier than 50 years ago. Big bridges--such as the Kerch bridge--remain difficult to destroy, but a pontoon sectional?

This war may end up going static along river lines, or one side or the other will need to innovate a new way to run wet crossings.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

What is that big blue dong-shaped excursion south of Novovorontsovka towards Nova Kakhovka? I assume the river Dnipro, but why is it considered under Ukraine control?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

ummel posted:

What is that big blue dong-shaped excursion south of Novovorontsovka towards Nova Kakhovka? I assume the river Dnipro, but why is it considered under Ukraine control?

the more progress the dong makes towards the reservoir the more russia has to withdraw forces from the entire area north of there. Claimed control usually just means one side is making noise that they're fighting for/taking an area. Assessed control: there's picture/video evidence or other credible evidence to support the claim

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 2, 2022

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Another dawn is breaking in Kyiv, and it's still Ukrainian. :unsmith:

:ukraine:

[screencaps of dawn in Ukrainian cities will resume this weekend when I get home from vacation]

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I would have preferred this to be one of those things we all assumed to have occurred even though it was unsaid: "We don't comment on intelligence issues." But now it was said and cannot be unsaid:
https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1532119877594529799

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

ummel posted:

It's the Kakhovka reservoir, would assume it's blue because it's coded as a lake in some program

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dawn breaks 2 days remaining.

-

Russian authorities blocked Ukrainian internet and cellular networks providers at area under their control, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

https://t.me/lumsrc/1643

This might not be great if the Russians are still using cellphones for communications.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

James Garfield posted:

It's the Kakhovka reservoir, would assume it's blue because it's coded as a lake in some program

Parts of Dnipro are commonly highlighted like that because it’s basically a chain of kilometres-wide reservoirs for a solid length of it.

Edit: “Long-range” as in with the same munitions as American M142 package announced yesterday, so <100km.

https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/status/1532187915073294339

Edit2:

https://twitter.com/iikkakorhonen/status/1532084463785676801

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 2, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Guys guys guys Russia says that us long range missiles will increase likelihood of retaliation from the US.

Okay now that you cleaned your pants out from this ~~~terrifying~~~ threat. It's a yawn. And a big one at that. Russia loves to cry "we will attack you we will nuke you we will sanction you" and I wish I could loudly yawn into the state dumas discord channel because it's so loving boring.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I wish the US would stop announcing which weapons they're sending weeks before the weapons get to Ukraine.

If the Russians know the M270 will be deployed, doesn't this give them weeks to prepare for them?

Dick Ripple
May 19, 2021

Ynglaur posted:

Something occurred to me with regard to the wounded count. Militaries tend to count any injury sustained during combat as WIA. In 2003 we had an engineer company attached to our squadron. By the end of the summer something like half of the company had purple hearts. My memory is fuzzy, but I'm not sure they had any KIA at that point, and while a decent number (a dozen? maybe two dozen?) had been evacuated out of theatre, the rest remained combat capable. The overall company remained combat effective the entire deployment.

This is not to say that 500 WIA a day is fine. It's not, and indicates that Ukraine's combat power is being degraded just as Russia's is. But it may not be as crippling as the number initially leads one to believe.

If any goons served at the operational (battalion or brigade) levels more recently or for longer, they may have a better perspective.

Bridge-talk
I'm wondering if rivers are a larger obstacle than before. Armenia and Azerbaijan aside, there haven't been any large-scale, modern, peer fights since the Korean War, and precision munitions didn't exist back then. Now they are ubiquitous, which makes taking out temporary pontoon bridges much, much easier than 50 years ago. Big bridges--such as the Kerch bridge--remain difficult to destroy, but a pontoon sectional?

This war may end up going static along river lines, or one side or the other will need to innovate a new way to run wet crossings.

It may make sense to use your high end counts for KIA an WIA for the international audience, but I am not sure how that would play out with the domestic one. But yes, their WIA counts could be anything from lost limbs to something that only requires a bandaid or two. They have also been launching counter offensives against the Russians, which will lead to higher casuality rates vs those on the defensive.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The X-man cometh posted:

I wish the US would stop announcing which weapons they're sending weeks before the weapons get to Ukraine.

If the Russians know the M270 will be deployed, doesn't this give them weeks to prepare for them?

Russia also has spies and intelligence agencies. Even if they’re surprised by this, which I’d wager is an unrealistic expectation, probability of 4 missile launchers catching them with pants down is 0.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Chill Monster posted:

Russia has even been kicked out of UN Security Council, which is small, but counts for something;

Unless I missed some pretty huge news, I think you're mixing it up with something else - getting kicked out of the security council would be a pretty big deal.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Probably confusing it with the Russia being suspended from the UN Human Rights Council.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mmkay posted:

Unless I missed some pretty huge news, I think you're mixing it up with something else - getting kicked out of the security council would be a pretty big deal.

Yeah. Interestingly on that note is this story from last week about US supporting Japanese accession to the SC, which could change its dynamics considerably if it ever happens

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3497680-biden-backs-japan-joining-reformed-un-security-council-japanese-pm-says/

quote:

Biden backs Japan joining ‘reformed’ UN Security Council, Japanese PM says

President Joe Biden, right, meets with Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida at Akasaka Palace
Evan Vucci/Associated Press
President Joe Biden, right, meets with Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida at Akasaka Palace.
President Biden indicated Monday that he supports Japan becoming a permanent member of a “reformed” United Nations Security Council.

Biden met one-on-one with Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida in Tokyo, where the two discussed the Japan-U.S. alliance and ways to ensure security and cooperation on the international stage.

Kishida in opening remarks at a press conference detailed the “necessity to reform and strengthen the United Nations, including the Security Council, which bears an important responsibility for the peace and stability of the international community,” and said that Biden was supportive.

“The president stated that the United States will support Japan becoming a permanent member of a reformed security council,” Kishida said.

The United Nations Security Council carries significant influence within the global body. The council can approve new members and changes to the U.N. charter, and it can approve peacekeeping missions and military action and enact sanctions, which has become particularly important in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The body has five permanent members: China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States. Its rules allow any permanent member on its own to block the adoption of any resolution, which has led to strife between members at times.

Adding Japan to the Security Council would add another nation from the Indo-Pacific region that could provide a counterweight to China. International officials have raised concerns about China’s human rights violations, as well as Beijing’s aggression toward Taiwan.

How is such a reform even to be accomplished, I have no clue and a detailed discussion maybe wouldn’t be suitable here.

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014

crepeface posted:

Probably confusing it with the Russia being suspended from the UN Human Rights Council.

yes, that's what I did.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Calibanibal posted:

I enjoy Deteriorata's updates, they're very comforting. Like a warm glass of milk before bed :unsmith:

I think it's sorta lost its punch now that the Russians retreated from Kyiv and northern Ukraine

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It might be the “boil the frog strategy”. Announce 4 HIMARS systems shipped, sit out the Russian meltdown, quietly fly in another 40. What’s Russian going to melt down about then, that there’s more of the thing?

Edit:

Hot on the heels of this, Predator drones with Hellfire missiles for Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/exclusive-us-plans-sell-armed-drones-ukraine-coming-days-sources-2022-06-01/
Article says it's the MQ-1C Gray Eagle variant which can carry 8 Stingers, 4 GBU-44/B Viper Strike Anti Armour Glide Bombs, or 4 Hellfires. Given the UK is sending a number of Brimstones which are a similar weight and developed from the Hellfire, I'm wondering what's the interchangeability between the two.

Also wondering if the ginsu variant of the hellfire might be on their wishlist. :stare:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

SmokingFrog0641 posted:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1532048338127933442?s=20&t=CdFDkGrQMdlK2j68_h9GBA

German IRIS AA missiles to be delayed for months as they will be shipped new missiles manufactured by Diehl instead of sending missiles from German stockpiles.

More foot dragging by Germany go no one’s surprise. True leadership in the EU by Scholz.

(Also, I’m apparently too dumb to make tweets appear in the post while on mobile and probably in general.)

Edit: Never mind. It worked.

The German army does not operate this system.

Of course it won't be able to ship them.

It does not operate ground-based IRIS missiles.

It cannot ship missiles it does not have.

Nothing will be delayed, BECAUSE A SHIPMENT OF NON-EXISTENT MISSILES WAS NEVER ON THE TABLE.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

I think it's sorta lost its punch now that the Russians retreated from Kyiv and northern Ukraine

On the contrary, it is a daily reminder that not too long ago, many of us woke every morning fearing news of a fallen and sacked Kyiv.

Man Plan Canal
Jul 11, 2000

Listen to the madman

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/senatormarkdaly/status/1532073563435724800

I'm glad this occurred (and support any symbolic measures of recognition when it comes to any tragedy in any country), but there was a supermajoritarian consensus among political parties and voters alike to expel the Russian ambassador within days of the beginning of the war and the Taoiseach and FM still haven't taken such measures, so my guess is this won't amount to anything real even in Ireland.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tomn posted:

I feel like the idea that European leaders pragmatically, behind closed doors, don't care if Ukraine is annexed seems a bit off the mark, because from a pragmatic security perspective unleashing the genie of near-peer European war as a method of settling disagreements is kind of a disaster for everyone.

To use an analogy, suppose there were a group of regulars who rode the bus every day to work. It's a long journey, it's mostly the same people, and over time they've all gotten to know each other. Sometimes they talk, sometimes they make friends, sometimes they're kinda hostile to each other, but they're all just there to ride the bus to work and to ride it home again. Whatever, so it goes.

And then one day out of the blue of the regulars goes apeshit on another and starts beating the crap out of him. Now you might say "Well, he's not attacking me, it's not my fight, I don't have to get involved," and that's certainly a rational perspective. You might also say "Well, I'm worried that I'll get hurt if I fight, and if I get hurt I might not be able to go to work and feed my family" and that's also perfectly rational. But it's also entirely rational to say "Jesus Christ that fucker just start a fight on this goddamn bus, and I know he's a regular and tomorrow he'll be back on the bus again. Is he going to fight the same guy again? Is he gonna fight someone else then? Is he gonna fight me?" Because even if you're pretty sure you can find good reasons for that guy not to fight you, he's just demonstrated that he's willing to get into a fight on a bus for his own reasons, something you weren't really expecting at all. Now, whenever you sit next to him or stand near him, you're always going to have to stay tensed and ready for the possibility that this dude might turn and go apeshit either on you or someone near you. It would take an inhuman degree of self-control not to change your attitude or behavior at ALL after a quiet commute to work transformed into a constant potential Fight Bus that you can't get out of. This goes doubly if the aggressor straight up murdered the other guy, and I challenge you to say that you wouldn't be at all creeped out and ready to defend yourself if the attacker, after having just ended the life of his opponent, came and sat down by you and casually said "So how's YOUR day?"

It only gets worse when you can see that the attacker is drunk and during the fight is constantly yelling about how everyone on the bus loving hates him, he can tell, but he'll show them all, he'll gently caress them all, he will, you loving watch he'll loving pop a cap in all of their asses, you'll see! Even if you don't believe he'll actually act on it, how comfortable are you being near him afterwards, and how sure exactly are you that he's not going to do something wild again?

Fundamentally security isn't just about being able to defend yourself - nobody can defend themselves against EVERYBODY, that would be incredibly exhausting and you can't actually cover every potential threat. Security is about feeling like you don't usually NEED to defend yourself because you live amongst people who you're pretty sure aren't going to attack you or anyone you care about. One of the key ways you can accomplish this is by making sure that anyone who DOES act out gets severely punished and restrained and that those who are attacked are supported and protected, so that others can see the consequences of such actions and be deterred while you reduce the potential threat the transgressor poses. As such, I'd say that for the sake of European security it makes perfect rational sense for a European leader to think "You know what we really need? More sanctions on Russia, more arms to Ukraine, and a swift kick in the balls for Putin."
Thanks for articulating why letting Russia get away with this is dumb. But is there any evidence that Germany/France aren't, in fact, perfectly willing to just let half of Ukraine get annexed (again) so they can go back to business? Their actions just don't match up with the "You know what we really need? More sanctions on Russia, more arms to Ukraine, and a swift kick in the balls for Putin." approach.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There’s strong public support for Ukraine in Germany, despite Scholz’s attempts to sabotage it, which have had meaningful impact.

this is nonresponsive, I was talking about a policy proposal

show me the headlines that we should pay for europes armies

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm pretty sure half the regulars here won't satisfied until France and Germany declared WW3 and that everyone will be conscripted to march on Moscow. Even then they'll say Scholz secretly loves Putin while doing so.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nothingtoseehere posted:

I'm pretty sure half the regulars here won't satisfied until France and Germany declared WW3 and that everyone will be conscripted to march on Moscow. Even then they'll say Scholz secretly loves Putin while doing so.

Yes, and this is not limited to this thread. Germany is torpedoing its foreign policy credentials in Nordics and Eastern Europe. At least Scholz gets to repeat that he’s not Kaiser Wilhelm II, I guess. https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.olaf-scholz-ich-bin-nicht-kaiser-wilhelm.1de8470a-ddbc-4f14-80df-1ac6274b21ec.html

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit
Only tangentially related, but still, easing Europe off Russian petroleum is a good thing.

New Norwegian LNG terminal up and running today with a capacity of 6,5 billion cubic meters/year.

d64
Jan 15, 2003
The energy outlook is so depressing anyway. There is no magic quick solution but imo we should be looking to build 50000 wind turbines, on semi-submersible platforms if there's not enough sandbanks, and 50 new EPRs come the 2030s, or something like this, but all I see is "how can we continue using fossils, only paying way more than before".

The war's increasingly "nichts Neues", anecdotes coming in are all over the place, seems utterly pointless to argue if the Russians are bleeding out, or if the Ukrainians are bleeding out, or both or neither.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

mawarannahr posted:

Yeah. Interestingly on that note is this story from last week about US supporting Japanese accession to the SC, which could change its dynamics considerably if it ever happens

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3497680-biden-backs-japan-joining-reformed-un-security-council-japanese-pm-says/

How is such a reform even to be accomplished, I have no clue and a detailed discussion maybe wouldn’t be suitable here.

I imagine you’d need all 5 current permanent members to not veto it, and good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

The German army does not operate this system.

Of course it won't be able to ship them.

It does not operate ground-based IRIS missiles.

It cannot ship missiles it does not have.

Nothing will be delayed, BECAUSE A SHIPMENT OF NON-EXISTENT MISSILES WAS NEVER ON THE TABLE.

Then uh, perhaps they should stop promising to ship them, if they have no ability to. I don't know why you're screaming at SmokingFrog.