Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

try shadow warrior 2, it'll cure you of that problem right quick

If anything Shadow Warrior 2 didn’t have enough number go up. There were plenty of numbers to go up but they went up by such small amounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

repiv posted:

geforce now leak stays winning

returnal is barely a year old so that's a much quicker turnaround from sony than we've seen before

also the first PS5 exclusive to make it to PC

I Hope Helldivers 2 is real.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bamhand posted:

Which of the boomershooters have some kind of character or weapon progression? My brain is broken and only likes when numbers go up.

Project Warlock

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

discount cathouse posted:

I Hope Helldivers 2 is real.

So do I. You can't really play the first one anymore since the dynamic global mission system didn't scale to low player counts gracefully. Last time I played the missions were stuck on bug planets pretty much all the time.

It's been awhile so maybe there's a mod or something for it now.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Trucker Hat posted:

I want GT7 on PC. I want to go into menus with a mouse cursor showing on screen but you can only move it with a controller because it's GT7.

Me too. That and a steady 60fps.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sony just announced Spiderman PC :eyepop:

that one came out of nowhere

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

repiv posted:

that came out of nowhere
Yep. August 12th.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Very glad Sony is porting Spider-Man to PC because Returnal just doesn't interest me.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

repiv posted:

that came out of nowhere

Yeah, wasn't expecting that one. Thought it was going to be the Reternal announcement.

August 12th

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm so in to spooge on some buildings in the name of justice

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Spiderman game is really good if people haven't played it. It's got its own thing going on with it's universe but still has a lot of love for the franchise as a whole, and the plot is probably the best spiderman plot since the raimi flicks discounting spider verse. And the swinging and combat pluse the fun of exploring new York meant the Ubisoft style open world nature of the game didn't bother me at all. Platinumed the game with zero regrets. It's one of the few games released in the PS4 generation that isn't complete garbage

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they forgot to confirm sackboy or returnal

we got spiderman at least

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

zzzz let me know when they're making a spiders-man game instead

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You mean the spider collective that convinced themselves they are Peter Parker after eating him?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/02/marvels-spider-man-series-is-coming-to-pc/

Spoderman Miles Morales is also coming to PC later in the year

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

repiv posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/02/marvels-spider-man-series-is-coming-to-pc/

hmm, interesting that it's not included. i guess more money this way.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

repiv posted:

I'm glad Sony is porting their games. Now with a PC and a Switch you have access to everything.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Switch emulation is so far along that arguably you only need the PC :v:

Rinkles posted:

hmm, interesting that it's not included. i guess more money this way.

Isn't MM a separate game on Playstation?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

repiv posted:

I've seen enough screenshots from people's Steam Decks that yeah, you only need the PC to cover Switch games too. Supposedly they play well on it, I didn't try it out.

Miles Morales is a separate game, release is a little muddled though as there was a launch edition of it that also included the PS5 version of Spider-Man. It's available separately still for ps4 and ps5, though Spider-Man Remastered is not available separately from Miles Morales Ultimate.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Morales is a considerably shorter game though, right?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Sweet. Will definitely play.

These were notable in their absence from the GeForce leak right?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah, this is the first Sony PC port that wasn't in the GFN leak

Though Ratchet & Clank was in the leak so Insomniacs engine was getting ported either way, may as well port all their IPs I guess

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Kinda wild how much the gaming landscape has changed in just a few years. I couldn’t imagine someone telling 2018-me that in about five years I’d be playing Sony’s Spider-Man and Microsoft’s Starfield on my Valve-developed handheld after buying them on Steam.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

repiv posted:

It’s a separate game but it’s pretty short, it’s more something they threw together so they would have some new content out there

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
So is it easy to find populated servers to play Barotrauma on, or do you need to bring a group to the game?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Spider-Man wasn’t in the GeForce Now leak iirc, so it’s good to know that that didn’t actually include every single PC game releasing for the next few years. Not that I was worried about that

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

K8.0 posted:

If you feel that way, don't play it more. There's not going to be a magic moment where all of a sudden it becomes good. It's just going to get worse the more you play. I think you have to be a super masochist who really hates yourself to enjoy it, every single mechanic is deliberately obnoxious.

Honestly, this isn’t really true. A lot of the classes feel clunky at first are much, much better once you get used to them. The knight can move while attacking so losing that means you need to plan attacks a bit further in advance but the payoff is usually worth it (except bards, still haven’t figured out how to not die to ceiling spikes).

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Barry Convex posted:

Spider-Man wasn’t in the GeForce Now leak iirc, so it’s good to know that that didn’t actually include every single PC game releasing for the next few years. Not that I was worried about that

I read this post, and while it didn't name any other games, the eyes inside my brain told me the truth of what game we all wish were on PC

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Very glad Sony is porting Spider-Man to PC because Returnal just doesn't interest me.

I refuse to even look up what the game is because that is such a dumb name :v:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Returnal a third person roguelite which is cool, but also it's a bullet hell so it's trash.

Stickman posted:

Honestly, this isn’t really true. A lot of the classes feel clunky at first are much, much better once you get used to them. The knight can move while attacking so losing that means you need to plan attacks a bit further in advance but the payoff is usually worth it (except bards, still haven’t figured out how to not die to ceiling spikes).

I couldn't disagree more strongly. I honestly believe the game is deliberately bad, I could write an essay that would be like five forum pages long about all the ways the developers put an incredible amount of dedication, care, and devotion into making the game as bad as they possibly could.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 3, 2022

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

You mean the spider collective that convinced themselves they are Peter Parker after eating him?

I thought they got bitten by a radioactive undergrad?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I think I want a first person builder/survival game but I've tried

Minecraft
Ark
Conan
Icarus
Rust

and none are really super great with soloing, expecting you to play with a group of people

Is there something similar but fully soloable?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Minecraft
Ark
Conan
Icarus
Rust

and none are really super great with soloing, expecting you to play with a group of people

Depending on how much you're willing to be flexible on the "survival" aspect: Satisfactory. It's the only game like the ones you've listed that I had fun playing solo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Depending on how much you're willing to be flexible on the "survival" aspect: Satisfactory. It's the only game like the ones you've listed that I had fun playing solo.

I like satisfactory but it's builder and not really survival

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Subnautica?

The Forest?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

kazil posted:

Subnautica?

The Forest?

These are two great suggestions and probably my favorite first person solo survival games.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Minecraft
Ark
Conan
Icarus
Rust

Minecraft is a solo game that you can play in multiplayer, not the other way around. I'm not sure how you're comparing it to the others on this list.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Subnautica is genuinely one of my most favorite games of all time. Don't look up anything about it, just dive right in.

If you want to lean more survival than builder, The Long Dark has incredible atmosphere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
What was that plane crash survival game that was a student project? There's that. Maybe DQ Builders 2, also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There’s 7 Days to Die. You can edit the skill reward amount if you want to become an one man army to cover everything solo.