Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Stupid Sexy Mediterranean!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Here's a weird one.

https://twitter.com/mtjprof/status/1248225798399692800

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5703283/Map-reveals-4-650-mega-basements-dug-beneath-London-homes.html
https://www.london-drainage.com/blog/are-super-basements-creating-greater-flood-risk-in-london/

So London has a lot of rules that make it nearly to expand houses up and out, so a lot of wealthy people are putting their money into digging down to build "mega-basements". This is mainly a problem for the other wealthy people who live nearby and getting upset at all the construction noise and vibrations, but also the basements are getting big enough that they're harming the ability for the soil to drain off rainwater, and leading to flooding problems.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lol the little steps down to the reception room

gently caress you richies

I want a cool ecologically destructive basement

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That 'plant room' isn't for the swimming pool :420:

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Shoutouts to Latvia for having a pro gamer as their most well known person. chess is not a sport

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It’s good that the mastermind behind “Bin Laden’s Mountain Fortress” is still getting commissions.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

I love basement pools.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Here's a weird one.

I have seen how this end in a movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTymtAbaG08

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bodyholes posted:

chess is not a sport

*glares in eastern european*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Are we allowed to ask general geography questions in here since I don't think there's any place on the forums otherwise to do it? I don't think it's inherently political but it does concern the greek regions of pre-turk anatolia.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are we allowed to ask general geography questions in here since I don't think there's any place on the forums otherwise to do it? I don't think it's inherently political but it does concern the greek regions of pre-turk anatolia.

Can't see why not.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anatolia is a favourite region of this thread, ask away.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is the meander in ionia or caria? It's wikipedia article says it was near the ionian city of miletus but was also a celebrated carian river

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

both. the regions refer to the ethnic groups that live there not hard line divisions like modern day regions. ionian is an ancient greek ethnic group for greeks who spoke particular a dialect of greek that was most common in ionia. there were four big ones achaeans, dorians, ionians and aeolians. Miletus is an ionian city on the edge of caria where the non-greek carians lived

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 3, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This map is so bad that it’s charming.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The ocean being that teal color makes it amazingly difficult to look at. Even once I figured it out I have to concentrate.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Count Roland posted:

The ocean being that teal color makes it amazingly difficult to look at.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

lmao

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
thinking of the great marvel of modern engineering, the Suez Bridge

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Man I really wanted a map like this when I was a kid

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I think a reverse earth map came with one of the civ games, or maybe alpha centauri

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is the meander in ionia or caria? It's wikipedia article says it was near the ionian city of miletus but was also a celebrated carian river

Strabo in his Geography says that the Maeander marks the border between the two regions (13.4.12-15).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Man I really wanted a map like this when I was a kid

Someone did an entire website devoted to inverting the elevations on earth and other similar stuff

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone did an entire website devoted to inverting the elevations on earth and other similar stuff

There’s a section on the catgirls that evolved there.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

http://www.worlddreambank.org/P/PLANETS.HTM

One of my favorite sites on the internet right there. But uh, skip the fiction imo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Calthalas/status/1532685268469403655

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I’m pretty sure you can take unfolded bicycles on media distancia trains in Spain, which operate on main lines, although not sure if that was true whenever that report was made.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/terriblemaps/status/1533188902911201282

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Holy poo poo I'm wiping away tears. My fiancee, uh, does not get it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm Ow

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I'm Knss

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Our Great State of N.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ah, Hotel Lfon

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I read Nw Jsy and Nw Yok in a wise guy accent.

Wyong sounds australian.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm Geog

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm not Vgn but I have cut down a lot.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

BonHair posted:

I'm Geog
*Gog

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Map is wrong, Gog is in Iraq and every good american knows this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They were in London before Henry Ford took them to Michigan and then they ended up inside Reagan's brain.