Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Shoehead posted:

Guts just walks straight up to Griffith and kisses him on the mouth the end

"Sorry, about everything Guts. I guess I went... a little berserk."

~Fin~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

christmas boots posted:

"Sorry, about everything Guts. I guess I went... a little berserk."

~Fin~
Guts having seen Casca feels a sense of resolve and approaches Griffith ready to apologize for blatantly wiping his face across the snow in front of the hawks. Griffith leads with this above line, however, and Guts decides that beheading is the best choice after all.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Then they all get burgers. The end.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
is that fanmade or was it an actual advertisement for something?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its real

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hope Griffith is lactose intolerant from that shake

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Ccs posted:

Then they all get burgers. The end.

Griffith did nothing wrong, except that one time he used a plastic straw to destroy the environment

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I want this series to get to the giant alien Mars Attacks brain head guy, and he speaks in nothing but "ACK, ACKACKACK, ACK ACK"

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Guts and Griffith are just drawing swords when the IOE appears and proclaims its name is IdolMaster. Falconia, the Elves, and the Godhand gang up to destroy it.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Super Eyepatch Wolf put together a massive video about Berserk and why it's good so feel free to watch it here: https://youtu.be/UBrUVqZ_pO8

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i already know it's good tho :confused:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Then there's the second half of the video for you, which is "People that love Berserk:....gently caress now what?".

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
You've reached the end of your journey. It is not always a happy thing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mulva posted:

gently caress now what?".

Back to making loss edits, duh

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Sydin posted:

You've reached the end of your journey. It is not always a happy thing.

I feel most of my work sucks rear end in retrospect, just as a general rule, but I am pretty pleased with some of the translations of latter-day Skull Knight lines.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LordMune posted:

I feel most of my work sucks rear end in retrospect, just as a general rule, but I am pretty pleased with some of the translations of latter-day Skull Knight lines.

You absolutely knocked "I am a portent of doom. The remnant of a grudge. My aim is ever singular. I have not the heart to bathe in the lambency of my mortal days." out of the park, no sarcasm.

That was dead on

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

LordMune posted:

:( While you are better positioned to evaluate your relative worth "in the industry" than I am having zero exposure or qualification, the sheer accessibility that's been gained. "If it reaches just one person...".

For the readers that wouldn't even understand a failure of nuance in hindsight, well there's always SomethingAwful. :buddy: I can't even begin to imagine how you say "Well that sucked" in 1995 and 2015 given how stupid language has become.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Even if BERSERK doesn't get a direct continuation, the worldbuilding and overall vibe is definitely interesting enough that a prequel or sequel series in the same setting could absolutely work, particularly if it has the blessing of Miura's estate or family.

The events of the existing manga having faded into history, with multiple stories about how things actually turned out for the major players like Guts and Griffith and Griffith's kingdom, seems like a fun jumping off point for a fresh tale.

It's not directly comparable, and thankfully it didn't happen, but if Akira Toriyama had suddenly passed away 3/4ths or so of the way through the Android/Cell saga, I can't imagine a world where at a minimum someone didn't come in to finish out that story, and I also think that its widespread success (including major success in the West in a way that other manga, anime, and merch based on those sorts of properties hadn't had to that point) would've led to a further continuation of the story. Hell, GT proves that they'll go ahead and do that even when a creator isn't on board with things when that much money is involved in the calculation.

BERSERK definitely never pulled DBZ numbers, but it's also pretty drat well known and had a lot of international success compared to many other manga and anime. If nothing at all is done with the property, it just seems like an incredible waste.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 18, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1534023574574747648?t=L44M1r74n8EILuXBo_zOUA&s=19

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1534023887411118085?t=L44M1r74n8EILuXBo_zOUA&s=19

https://twitter.com/berserk_project/status/1534023434174627840?s=21&t=aD11A3Hm38iuIJTF46_w-A

Berserk is back

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
apparently the person continuing the plot has known miura since high school and helped a lot with berserk and has finished several manga on his own so yeah, probably the right pick if anyone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tentatively excited

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Turns out most if not all of the notes Miura left behind were just drawings of Casca (and in one case, Conrad) in various idol outfits.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Turns out most if not all of the notes Miura left behind were just drawings of Casca (and in one case, Conrad) in various idol outfits.

The new Pretty Cure crossovers will be unexpected but welcome

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

anime was right posted:

apparently the person continuing the plot has known miura since high school and helped a lot with berserk and has finished several manga on his own so yeah, probably the right pick if anyone

That's definitely interesting. I guess it will all come down to Kouji Mori's own memory, his skills as mangaka, the good sense of the editors and rest of the staff, so I wish him godspeed.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I have mixed feelings about this but I feel like if anyone deserves a sense of closure on all this it would be Mori and Miura's team :unsmith: It will be nice to see an ending but it feels so bitterweet.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
not sure how i feel about this, but i guess i wish them luck. it seems like a massive challenge to take on

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Interesting! I'm looking forward to it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Happy Landfill posted:

I have mixed feelings about this but I feel like if anyone deserves a sense of closure on all this it would be Mori and Miura's team :unsmith: It will be nice to see an ending but it feels so bitterweet.

Yeah, on the one hand Berserk is a story that deserves to be finished, but on the other feels like a story that only Miura deserves to tell. But it sounds like they thought long and hard about if and how to keep the series going, and Miura's studio handling the illustration while handing the story to Mori who knew Miura for pretty much the entire time he was making Berserk and even consulted on some of the writing feels like about as good a possible way to move forward as possible. Hoping for the best.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I definitely wish them the best. What an undertaking! I cannot even imagine trying to do what they're doing. I know manga has been finished posthumously before but for Berserk it just feels different and I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's the complexity of it all...I don't know, but it's not like the crew wasn't being prepared to take over the reigns eventually but that was under the assumption that Miura would still have his input and be directing things.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Read Holyland btw

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Seems like a big risk and if it sucks, this guy is just gonna take all the heat and nobody will believe its the true vision based off whispers and remembered conversations

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm still trying to process this. Man, Berserk was such a huge part of my life for so long and as hokey as it may sound to say it out loud I truly do believe I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for Guts. This series kept me going though some of the toughest stretches of my life and I would love nothing less than to see it get a proper conclusion. By all accounts if anyone could pull it off it's this Mori guy and I wish him and the rest of the team all the best, but man I do not loving envy them at all. Living up to Miura's legacy is going to be a VERY stressful endeavor and I'm sure there's going to be a shitload of hardcore fans that will be on their case about it every step of the way.

I guess all we can really do now is wait and see how it all turns out.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I think I'll trust the guy who was lifelong friends with Miura, when he says that Miura would have given him poo poo for being too scared to try despite knowing the whole story.

Nobody expects it to be as good as Miura would have done but I'm glad they're going to try. I'm shocked they're actually doing it, honestly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Somehow I missed the short memorial manga Mori Kouji wrote about his friendship with Miura: https://mangadex.org/chapter/19929f9d-a210-4fe4-91af-5ef3f2436328/1

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

If you know absolutely anything about Mori this was inevitable and he's going to throw his whole into making this happen. He'll pull it off.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"I swear to you, Miura told me that Magnifico was supposed to become incredibly sexy and have a six-pack."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

"I swear to you, Miura told me that Magnifico was supposed to become incredibly sexy and have a six-pack."

Knowing Miura not only did he, he also planned to die just to force Mori into being the one to bring this reality to the people

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Still don't know how I feel about this, but Kouji Mori's a respectable choice, given his and Miura's relationship. There's honestly no one else I'd trust.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm okay with this.

I want to see this properly end and do so with a tribute to Miura.

He'd be proud of his friend for doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Honestly it's really cool that Mori is not only his long-time friend but also has his own manga career. It's not just Some Guy taking over.