Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Finally found the bin with the last of my Classic Space guys, so now I can get a nice rainbow collection going.

That's effing awesome and I want it.

Where are the grey, green and purple ones from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Tarquinn posted:

Same here!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Olpainless posted:

Never not starfighter.

'Kitsune' Long-Range Fighter

Full gallery at https://www.flickr.com/photos/oleenanatiras/albums/72177720299567406

This rocks I love it. Getting some R-type/Einhander vibes

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Tarquinn posted:

Where are the grey, green and purple ones from?

The green one is from the Exo-Suit. The grey and purple ones aren't figs you can get by themselves. The torsos are from collectible figs (Rocket Boy and Space Creature) but you have to get the rest of the parts yourself. Not that easy since the airtanks don't come in purple or light bluish grey (but they do in old light grey), and purple/LBG helmets are rare too.

I also found out that the new old space helmet comes in dark bluish grey in a new Creator set so I wonder if that means a DBG space fig is on the way?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Awesome, thanks!

Think I got myself a project.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh poo poo my Kakapo is finally about to ship. I got in on the 2nd wave of the 1st round so I knew it'd be this long, but loving finally.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Need a little advice. I'm working on my first project in stud.io and I was hoping to hear what I could do to increase my chances of getting the bricks I need. For instance, would I be better off with 2 2x4 bricks instead of 1 2x8 if all things are considered equal in that it doesn't affect the overall structure?

I'm still a long way off from actually trying to see if I can order and build it, but I'm in a good spot to make those changes going forward. Thanks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

Need a little advice. I'm working on my first project in stud.io and I was hoping to hear what I could do to increase my chances of getting the bricks I need. For instance, would I be better off with 2 2x4 bricks instead of 1 2x8 if all things are considered equal in that it doesn't affect the overall structure?

I'm still a long way off from actually trying to see if I can order and build it, but I'm in a good spot to make those changes going forward. Thanks.

There's an option in the color picker to exclude colors that don't exist, and there's also a (not very accurate) number of dollar signs to suggest price.
if you upload it to your bricklink account, it'll actually give you the option to pull all the bricks for you. (You can edit the cart itself, but there's no way to tell it you don't want foreign sellers, for example. I usually get the premade carts and then try to combine them into fewer packages)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HootTheOwl posted:

There's an option in the color picker to exclude colors that don't exist, and there's also a (not very accurate) number of dollar signs to suggest price.
if you upload it to your bricklink account, it'll actually give you the option to pull all the bricks for you. (You can edit the cart itself, but there's no way to tell it you don't want foreign sellers, for example. I usually get the premade carts and then try to combine them into fewer packages)

Thank you

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Finally found the bin with the last of my Classic Space guys, so now I can get a nice rainbow collection going.

You should submit this to Lego Ideas

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

You should submit this to Lego Ideas

my kids need to go through college, man, why would you do this to me

I'd wind up making Classic Space starfleet or some other pointless bullshit

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I just built the McLaren Senna technic (42123) to prepare for the F1 McLaren (42141).

Been a while since I built anything technic so I was kinda worried I would miss a pin somewhere in the beginning and bite me at the end, but it was fine - has a little wheel on top to turn the front-wheels, and a little engine with cylinders popping up.

I did however have to spend an unconformable amount of force to get a lot of these single bush modules (6282140 - https://brickset.com/parts/6282140/single-bush-2-module-dia-4-9) into any kind of beam or other hole.

I don't know I'm just rusty or if there was some issue. Seemed like the edges on the actual pin of it were too wide for the holes.

refleks fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 8, 2022

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Something is definitely up with that specific part. Always far more difficult to stick into a pin hole than pretty much anything else.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm kind of surprised LEGO hasn't put out a credit card yet. Most other retailers have them. Seems right up LEGOs alley with the way they are pushing more and more expensive sets for adults.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

refleks posted:

I just built the McLaren Senna technic (42123) to prepare for the F1 McLaren (42141).

Been a while since I built anything technic so I was kinda worried I would miss a pin somewhere in the beginning and bite me at the end, but it was fine - has a little wheel on top to turn the front-wheels, and a little engine with cylinders popping up.

I did however have to spend an unconformable amount of force to get a lot of these single bush modules (6282140 - https://brickset.com/parts/6282140/single-bush-2-module-dia-4-9) into any kind of beam or other hole.

I don't know I'm just rusty or if there was some issue. Seemed like the edges on the actual pin of it were too wide for the holes.

I posted this a couple of days ago but I'm working on the F1 now and the front suspension is crazy. I also had to go back 20 pages of instructions because I screwed up a step. It had to do with the springs up front.

I'm also having issues with that piece.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Lego sets retiring by the end of the year, with some retiring even sooner at the end of July. Pick them up ASAP if you want them.

Razorcrest already? Better get on that.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
it's just the microfighter, not the actual big kit.

which is good, because the razorcrest is absolutely amazing

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

it's just the microfighter, not the actual big kit.

which is good, because the razorcrest is absolutely amazing

I know. I’m actually after the micro fighter. I love those tiny things with fun figs.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

refleks posted:

Those bits are annoying, I have trouble with them too. My theory is that because they're round and have a round pin (so they can rotate) it's difficult to push them in at the right angle. You don't have the same problem with the axle version of that part because it can't rotate, and any other pin part has edges you can hold to keep it at the right angle.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm kind of surprised LEGO hasn't put out a credit card yet. Most other retailers have them. Seems right up LEGOs alley with the way they are pushing more and more expensive sets for adults.

Poor customers posting online about being hounded into bankruptcy over some debt to a multinational corporation seems like the last thing that a brand-conscious toy company like LEGO wants to deal with.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey what’s the speculation on the horizon tall neck? It’s out of stock on Lego but I have a local store that says they have it in stock. I already have one, and I’m not trying to scalp or anything. Sometimes I just like having an extra set unopened to come back to or gift or sell or whatever a couple years down the road.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

:effort:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I saw this earlier today and was like, 'Pssshhh, they really phoned this one in, I'm-- oh, wait, gently caress, most of Lego's output is designed for children and not for me,' and now I feel less bad about it. Still too expensive with the Star Wars Tax but whatever, new Obi looks cool.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
They put the same amount of effort into designing that set as they did for the real thing in the episode, so at least they were faithful

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

Company credit cards aren’t really a thing in Europe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RatHat posted:

Lego sets retiring by the end of the year, with some retiring even sooner at the end of July. Pick them up ASAP if you want them.

Picked up the Batman '66 Batmobile

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Davros1 posted:

Picked up the Batman '66 Batmobile

You’ll love it, it’s a great looking set. Kind of annoying that they didn’t make the base of the plaque wide enough for the mini-figs but it’s easily fixed with a few spare pieces.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm annoyed it has a second seat with no '66 Robin and no way to buy one without paying through the nose on the secondhand market. :argh: Cool set though!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Darth TNT posted:

I know. I’m actually after the micro fighter. I love those tiny things with fun figs.

The Micro ATAT is adoreable.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Darth TNT posted:

I've been making a ton of them with spare bricks with my kid, they're fantastic (including the atat). At some point I want to sit down and go through the list of the micro vehicles in Skywalker saga and the superheroes games vs what's actually available and see if all y'all can help make instructions like with that Bruce Wayne sportscar

The tiny jango/boba Fett ship in Skywalker saga was really cute and seemed pretty simple

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Feenix posted:

Hey what’s the speculation on the horizon tall neck? It’s out of stock on Lego but I have a local store that says they have it in stock. I already have one, and I’m not trying to scalp or anything. Sometimes I just like having an extra set unopened to come back to or gift or sell or whatever a couple years down the road.

I'm assuming it won't retire til the end of 2023 at the earliest.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ok Santa Gonk is pretty funny

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Darth Vader; well known for loving sand.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

The Micro ATAT is adoreable.

It is. As are the Dewback, the Bantha and the Tauntaun.

Needs more fire. Like a tiny puddle of fire in the middle so they can't walk around it.

edit: Oh, even better. There's a not really fire play feature.
And Ned has his hammer.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 9, 2022

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Something I always wondered as a kid whose Lego collections spanned Classic Space and the newer Space stuff (Space Police, M-Tron etc):
Did the Classic Space helmets ever come with visors? They have the indent that the new "motorcycle" style helmets have for a visor mount, but it doesn't seem like they ever actually had visors.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Classic Space never did, but some of the earliest Castle sets had figures that used those helmets with other kinds of visors: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=cas085a#T=I

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

What will this retail for, 40-50?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

RatHat posted:

Ok Santa Gonk is pretty funny

Oh drat, R2’s sweater is cute. There’s always a hook in these advent sets.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

What will this retail for, 40-50?

$50, but it'll probably be $55 since it's coming out after the Lego price increase I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I ordered the Ferrari Boxer last week, it is arriving today via FedEx

I ordered the Mopar two car set on Tuesday and it is coming via lasership.

I find this interesting trying to decide if it is a function of which warehouse it is being sent from or a package size thing, which is bullshit because you said size didn't matter and that it was a "good" size for you, Brenda.

Sorry about that, really got away from me. Anyway just interesting to me.