Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
does using the quit game option after 31 minutes give you the rewards? asking for a friend who's in a stalemate with death (the friend is me, too much regen + cloak was maybe overkill for that goal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mandoric posted:

If you're doing a normal character and don't get wings he just plain outruns you to death. I think the idea is to used the guaranteed crucifix just south of spawn (but on the other hand that also kills the angel (but on the third hand, i sure hope you're not supposed to babysit that thing for 30 minutes.))

Not sure what +3 projectiles to song is doing for me, but the attractor is amazeballs for greedy runs. Poof and everything in the stage is on top of you.

It was real fun trying to do this as Leda. On the one hand with the Beginnings Arcana he just murders stuff harder than anything possibly can, but slow down at all and prepare to drown.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Steelion posted:

does using the quit game option after 31 minutes give you the rewards? asking for a friend who's in a stalemate with death (the friend is me, too much regen + cloak was maybe overkill for that goal)

Yes, quitting gives you all the rewards, aside from, I think, the 500-gold bonus on dying (as well as the additional gold from revivals).

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

20 minutes is just 2.99.

RBX fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 8, 2022

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
secret characters:

1) type 'spam' on main screen AND character select AND stage select, then type 'humbug' during the run. do all this fairly quickly.

Gets you another ghost 'smith', starts with vandalier and stats increase every minute

2) on dairy farm there is a cheese wheel. I have no idea where it is on the map, it's not marked. Instead just take the new arcana from Antonio 99, that pulls all items to you. Picking it up spawns 6 very beefy werewolves, kill them to unlock.

You'll hear the zwoop zwoop woop sound. I had a few runs where some werewolves vanished and didn't get the unlock? Only killing all 6 for sure got it. They might be like Leda and won't move with you if you off-screen them.

Gets you a werewolf to play with, starts with bloody tear and stats randomly change every minute.

you can quit out after doing the unlock conditions, don't have to finish run

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh hey, 20 Minutes Till Dawn is out in early access now. It's only $3, so it's definitely chasing the VS audience :v:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Anybody else jad an issue where the wasd keys stop moving you for a second after picking up a chest?

Yeah, I've noticed that happens if I'm holding a direction when exiting the chest screen

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I have to aim my projectiles? Like a caveman?

I'll probably get it anyway because that's less than a cup of coffee

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Really enjoyed my first run on the new stage, I like how there's a bit of a twist to it with the Deaths and the rosaries on the ground but not so much that it feels like a straight gimmick level. Also I had never messed with two freeze-related arcana during the last update and just tried that for the first time, holy crap that's more powerful than I thought lol.

Seriously such a wonderful little game. I'm very happy the devs have found so much success with it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Mazerunner posted:

secret characters:

1) type 'spam' on main screen AND character select AND stage select, then type 'humbug' during the run. do all this fairly quickly.

Rofl, this is a nod to Ultima VI, where you unlocked a cheat/debug menu the same way.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's not working

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Current status: triple whip

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
mortaccio with duplicator ring and the new +amount for rare weapons arcane is hilarious, just dozens of bones ricocheting around the screen constantly

Related, that arcane lists the pentagram and moon as affected weapons, but I have no idea what it would do to those weapons. Maybe increase the bonus XP from moon?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Steelion posted:

mortaccio with duplicator ring and the new +amount for rare weapons arcane is hilarious, just dozens of bones ricocheting around the screen constantly

Related, that arcane lists the pentagram and moon as affected weapons, but I have no idea what it would do to those weapons. Maybe increase the bonus XP from moon?

Before Moon wipes the screen it starts vaporizing individual enemies for a little bit. Maybe it affects that?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Steelion posted:

I believe it lists whatever your current character's starting weapon and evolution are, plus all the "special" weapons the merchant sells, but it doesn't seem to affect ones that aren't already affected by amount.

Here's something I haven't seen mentioned before -- I did the evolved laurel build to get the 31 minutes in the mad forest achievement, and at some point around 35:00 these cookie/pie items (see bottom-right) started repeatedly spawning. They just, like, burrow out of the ground every few seconds and then get sucked in like any other pickup and restore health. I'm not sure what triggered it, it could have been the stage timer hitting 35 or it could have been killing the 4th "guardian" since that happened around the same time, or maybe getting curse to a certain threshold since it happened right when I grabbed the gold ring? No clue!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I believe the pies are specific to that one map for a secret character.

Otherwise I tend to die after I kill death at about 31:50 due to white death.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

goferchan posted:

I believe it lists whatever your current character's starting weapon and evolution are, plus all the "special" weapons the merchant sells, but it doesn't seem to affect ones that aren't already affected by amount.

Here's something I haven't seen mentioned before -- I did the evolved laurel build to get the 31 minutes in the mad forest achievement, and at some point around 35:00 these cookie/pie items (see bottom-right) started repeatedly spawning. They just, like, burrow out of the ground every few seconds and then get sucked in like any other pickup and restore health. I'm not sure what triggered it, it could have been the stage timer hitting 35 or it could have been killing the 4th "guardian" since that happened around the same time, or maybe getting curse to a certain threshold since it happened right when I grabbed the gold ring? No clue!

There's a point on the map (a bit west of silver ring? maybe random?) where they spawn. Follow them for a couple minutes and you meet the guy dropping them, kill him (Leda/ring guardian-tier HP so leave a little time) and he joins you. His gimmick is -110% projectile speed, that is, forward shooters come out like farts/pinion by default, projectiles stand still on you with 10%, or everything forms a very slowing wall in front of you with full upgrades.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
The cookies seem to require you to have both hearts and the skull, and possibly other items.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

EclecticTastes posted:

The cookies seem to require you to have both hearts and the skull, and possibly other items.

Not both hearts. I got it with just Pummarola and Skull. Also they're pies.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I just unlocked Boon completely by accident. I didn't know what was going on I was just trying to get the 31 minute + 99 Antonio + 6 upgraded weapons unlocks, suddenly there's pies everywhere and then a weird jingle happened.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 8, 2022

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

serefin99 posted:

Not both hearts. I got it with just Pummarola and Skull. Also they're pies.

Also, you just need to touch them. You can discard the skull instead of picking it up if you don't want to deal with the curse, for example.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I was looking up a guide on how to get Toastie

Do you have to use Ex-Death or can you get away with anyone in the milk plant? And do you have to kill the stalker with a cart, or could you just run him down through normal weapons?

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
You can use anyone, and kill a non-red death anyhow.

Might want to wait a few days, the process is a lot simpler on the patch in beta rn.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mandoric posted:

You can use anyone, and kill a non-red death anyhow.

Might want to wait a few days, the process is a lot simpler on the patch in beta rn.

Oh does killing Drowner with the rosary in the new stage work for the unlock? I didn't even think to try it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yup. That's how i finally did it. Every character unlocked now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am still working on pie guy but only because I am not interested in him.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I think this unlock was the second time I've played the starting character

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Doo dooo, dooo dooo, dooooo dooooo ,dooooo dooooo :iidx:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Two things I haven't seen mentioned about the new update:

-Upgrade cost progression has been scaled back massively, it's now much easier to max everything out.

-Gennaro has a new sprite. This might be why Marrabio was made, and why he's a Noob Saibot reference. Much like the original Sub-Zero is still around as Noob, the original Gennaro sprite is still around as Marrabio.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

EclecticTastes posted:

Two things I haven't seen mentioned about the new update:

-Upgrade cost progression has been scaled back massively, it's now much easier to max everything out.

-Gennaro has a new sprite. This might be why Marrabio was made, and why he's a Noob Saibot reference. Much like the original Sub-Zero is still around as Noob, the original Gennaro sprite is still around as Marrabio.

Yeah you absolutely will want to reset your upgrades when this update comes out. I did it and ended up with almost an extra 100k gold lmao

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Speaking of which, how does Omni level cap work? I was locked to 1 level at first even with empty checkboxes waiting there, but could go back at the end.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Anybody else jad an issue where the wasd keys stop moving you for a second after picking up a chest?

I usually play on Controller but today i used M&KB for fun. This is really annoying and can get you killed. It's after every level up too.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Mandoric posted:

Speaking of which, how does Omni level cap work? I was locked to 1 level at first even with empty checkboxes waiting there, but could go back at the end.

I think it's just bugged, I was able to max it out right after unlocking it.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Just loaded back in to see what was up with it, and got the pile of cheevos meaning the live branch has been updated as well. Whatever its behavior was, it's fixed now.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
apparently you need exdash and toastie already unclocked to unlock one of the new secret characters, so what's the best/easiest way to unlock toastie?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

apparently you need exdash and toastie already unclocked to unlock one of the new secret characters, so what's the best/easiest way to unlock toastie?

From Steam guide:
Go to the dairy plant. If you are lucky, the stalker will appear in the 1st, 8th or 12th minute. If not, keep trying. As soon as you kill him, press the down arrow and enter. Then you will hear a specific sound and unlock a toastie.

Stalker (Green Death) has a small chance to appear at minute 1 (10%) and 30% to appear at either minute 8 or minute 12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwPESMbjv8

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
New map. You will always get a blue death at 5 minutes sharp (and he will always kill you, moving upward faster than player speed unless you're prioritizing wings or playing a character with a speed bonus, at 10 minutes.) You're expected to deal with this using one of three fixed crucifix spawns 0, 1, and 2 tiles south of your spawn position. So just get to one of them for 5:00, or at least don't be north of the first one so you can lead him there, and when you get close take your right hand off the mouse, position it over down+enter, and mash as you walk onto the crucifix with wasd.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Bah, I beat the new map but went up so it took me like 15 minutes to kill all the deaths and there was so much stuff on the screen by then, I couldn't tell when they died to hit down and enter

I wish once you unlocked levels in curse from the power up menu there was a slider for you to adjust it so you don't have to refund and rebuy everything whenever you want to bump it down for unlocks

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

CzarChasm posted:

From Steam guide:
Go to the dairy plant. If you are lucky, the stalker will appear in the 1st, 8th or 12th minute. If not, keep trying. As soon as you kill him, press the down arrow and enter. Then you will hear a specific sound and unlock a toastie.

Stalker (Green Death) has a small chance to appear at minute 1 (10%) and 30% to appear at either minute 8 or minute 12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwPESMbjv8

If I remember correctly since Stalker counts as a stage event, your luck decreases the chance he will spawn at those times. So if you really want to grind out restarting to see if he pops up at the beginning you should refund all your luck boosts.

Unless they changed it since it was originally introduced that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mandoric posted:

New map. You will always get a blue death at 5 minutes sharp (and he will always kill you, moving upward faster than player speed unless you're prioritizing wings or playing a character with a speed bonus, at 10 minutes.) You're expected to deal with this using one of three fixed crucifix spawns 0, 1, and 2 tiles south of your spawn position. So just get to one of them for 5:00, or at least don't be north of the first one so you can lead him there, and when you get close take your right hand off the mouse, position it over down+enter, and mash as you walk onto the crucifix with wasd.

You can also tank it with sufficient armor and recovery.