Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MOTN so far, rad as hell

e: This seems as good a time as any to step out for a bit and run some errands before Bunnings closes. Sad i'll probably miss Sekimoto and Daichi Hashimoto, but hopefully will be back in time for the main event

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh hell yeah, back just in time for my Big Japan boys up against the New Japan dads. Hopefully that means I missed Kongo getting punked out bu Fujita and Kashin

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Got to love the Dads.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I can't imagine Sugi is going to retain here, but if this match is anything like their one in January it should be some glorious old man violence

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That table has seen some poo poo, and now it's going to meet an ignominious end

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Match absolutely hosed. Old man violence

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Such a great show. But I can't help but feel bad for Sugiura. Everything about his demeanour post match was that of a man torn apart over what happened.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1533049085808504833?t=E0ky2qql-q7v4iefyRUpPQ&s=19

:smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

"Please let me help you with anything else. Please.”

:smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh my god House of Torture in GLEAT is probably the only thing this company has done wrong since the launch except for not running enough UWF rules matches

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Oh my god House of Torture in GLEAT is probably the only thing this company has done wrong since the launch except for not running enough UWF rules matches

You need to catch up with NJPW. Everyone loves The House now.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I am pumped up for Gamma in GLEAT

the G in GLEAT is for Gamma

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 5, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing Gamma wants one more Osaka06 run before he retires. I wonder how long he'll be there or if he's just dropping in.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
That’s precisely why he went independent before he retired imo. CIMA’s not getting lifted from the persona non grata list, and Gamma will wring every payday possible before his retirement.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Spoilers for the AJPW show today that was on but not live on their service

NAOYA NOMURA TURNED UP IN KAWASAKI!!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

More GanPro stars appearing for other promotions, you love to see it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kind of bummed about how much less excited I am for CyberFest this year as opposed to last, to the point where I'm wondering whether it's worth putting a GDT together or leaving it for someone else, considering I won't even be watching it live in favour of Dominion. There are some matches that will absolutely be bangers, but is countered by what I consider negatives
- The interpromotional matches this year not being as exciting as Kiyomiya/Inamura vs 37KAMIINA or DDT vs Kongoh was last year
- TJPW still being on their own island and not interracting with the ladies of DDT or GanJo, which goes so far as Maya Yukihi and YuuRI not even getting spots on the card
- GanPro in general is still seen as an afterthought, they have representatives on the preshow and their champion is doing his lovely DDT gimmick instead of his decent GanPro gimmick. FFS give us Imanari and Keisuke Ishii in a singles match for the belt instead of making the Pheromones match an 8 man tag, give your smallest promotion some shine ahead of them running Ota-ku
- The KO-D belt isn't even being defended like last year, instead Endo is in an interpromotional 6-man tag. It doesn't speak much to how his reign is going that he is didn't merit a title match on this massive card. It's not like Burning is hurting for members, they could have slotted Okada into the 6-man match easily
- NOAH in general, but giving their title shot away to an opening card act from a bigger company doesn't speak well of their roster, no matter how cool Koji is

No doubt I'll very much enjoy it when I watch the VOD, but there's really not much that makes me want to watch this over Okada vs Jay or Shingo vs Taichi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh I didn't realize or had forgotten it was on at the same time as Dominion... oof, that's rough.

Last year's show was so loving good, too :smith:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1534139519427035136

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First Unagi, now MiSu. Ken Ohka calling in all his favours to try and fill Ota-ku

https://mobile.twitter.com/ganpro0417/status/1534127417039949824

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
anyone know if this prominence show will show up on wrestle universe or elsewhere? card looks pretty dope https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=343982&page=2

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
WU upload the Yuki Ueno/Kazuki Hirata match please

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

anyone know if this prominence show will show up on wrestle universe or elsewhere? card looks pretty dope https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=343982&page=2

Their deal with WU looks like it has ended unfortunately, but the main event for their last show ended up here:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I think that YouTube account uploaded another Match from that Prominence show too. (Match with DASH IIRC?) So maybe we'll eventually get the full show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I find this picture very funny, the representative of each company. DDT and Noah pick their champions, GanPro pick their founder

TJPW picks Mahiro Kiryu

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1534728578268401664

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mahiro is the only respectable voice to come out of TJPW.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

11/6/2022, Saturday

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EDT/10pm PDT

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.27
Umeda Stella Hall, Osaka
60 Seconds (Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato) & Soma Watanabe vs BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani, KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Quiet Storm)
Michiko Miyagi & Yukari Hosokawa vs Nanae Takahashi & Ryo Mizunami
UWF Rules: Minoru Tanaka & Yu Iizuka vs Seichi Ikemoto & Takanori Ito
CIMA vs Ryuichi Kawakami (this may have some stip that I can't translate because it's on a picture
STRONGHEARTS (El Lindaman & Shigehiro Irie) vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka & T-Hawk)
Hayato Tamura vs Tetsuya Izuchi

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Stardom Osaka 2 Days Night 1
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
5★GP Qualifier A Block: Momo Kohgo vs Waka Tsukiyama
5★GP Qualifier B Block: Lady C vs Saya Iida
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Mai Sakurai) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Ruaka)
God's Eye (Ami Sourei & MIRAI) vs Queen's Quest (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) vs Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi)
Mayu Iwatani vs Starlight Kid vs Syuri
Goddess of Stardom Titles: FWC (Hazuki & Koguma) vs Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death & Saki Kashima
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

Dragongate Rainbow Gate Night 3
ACROS, Fukuoka
Card TBA on the day
Live on DG Network

Also shows from Basara, Ryukyu Pro x2, 2AW, Kyushu Pro, Ice Ribbon, Marvelous & Wave

12/6/2022, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

All Japan Dynamite Series Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
6 Man Tag Tournament 1st Round: BJW (Fuminori Abe, Kosuke Sato & Takuya Nomura) vs Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Ryo Inoue
6 Man Tag Tournament 1st Round: Arata, ATM & Takao Omori vs Black Menso-re, TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu
6 Man Tag Tournament Semi-Final: Winner Match 1 vs Ryuki Honda, Seigo Tachibana & Shotaro Ashino
6 Man Tag Tournament Semi-Final: Winner Match 2 vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)
All Asia Tag Team Titles: Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama(c) vs NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO)
6 Man Tag Tournament Final
Jake Lee, Shuji Ishikawa & Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento Miyahara, Minoru Suzuki & Suwama
Live on AJPW TV

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EDT/8pm PDT

Stardom Osaka 2 Days Night 2
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
5★GP Qualifier A Block: Ami Sourei vs Waka Tsukiyama
5★GP Qualifier B Block: Mai Sakurai vs Saya Iida
Momo Kohgo vs Ruaka
Mina Shirakawa vs Momo Watanabe vs Natsupoi
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Himeka & Maika) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma & Mayu Iwatani)
COSMIC ANGELS (Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) vs God's Eye (MIRAI & Syuri)
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (Lady C, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Dragongate Rainbow Gate Show 4
ACROS, Fukuoka
Card TBA on the day
Live on DG Network

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EDT/10pm PDT

Cyberfight Festival 2022
Saitama Super Arena, Saitama
Kazuki Hirata & Soma Takao vs Muscle Sakai & Yukio Naya
Arisu Endo, Kaya Toribami, Mahiro Kiryu, Moka Miyamoto & Nao Kikuta vs Haruna Neko, Hyper Misao, Pom Harajuku, Raku & Yuki Aino
Eruption (Hideki Okatani, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs GanPro (Ken Ohka, Mizuki Watase & Yuna Manase)
Kai Fujimura & Kinya Okada vs Toi Kojima & Yuya Koroku
Hikari Noa, Suzume & Yuki Arai vs Juria Nagano, Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita
Akito & Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari) vs Kendo Kashin, Sanshiro Takagi, Shinya Aoki & Yumiko Hotta
Princess of Princess #1 Contendership: Miu Watanabe vs Mizuki vs Rika Tatsumi vs Yuki Kamifuku
Daiki Inaba, Kazuyyki Fujita, Masa Kitamiya, Shuhei Taniguchi & Takashi Sugiura vs El Hijo de Dr Wagner Jr, Michael Elgin, Rene Dupree, Simon Gotch & Timothy Thatcher
ASUKA, MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno vs Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA, Masahiro Takanashi & Naomi Yoshimura
Daisuke Harada, Kaito Kiyomiya & YO-HEY vs HAYATA, Rob Van Dam & Yoshinari Ogawa
Atsushi Kotoge, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Yoshiki Inamura vs Jun Akiyama, Kazusada Higuchi & Tetsuya Endo
Daisuke Sasaki vs Kenoh
Princess of Princess Title: Shoko Nakajima(c) vs Yuka Sakazaki
GHC Heavyweight Title: Go Shiozaki(c) vs Satoshi Kojima
Live on Wrestle Universe

New Japan Dominion 6.12
Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira & TJP)
Bullet Club (Ace Austin, El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori) vs LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito)
Doc Gallows vs Tetsuya Naito
NEVER 6 Man Tag Team Titles: House of Torture (EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) (c)vs Suzukigun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens)(c) vs United Empire (Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
Hirooki Goto vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
KOPW 2022: Shingo Takagi(c) vs Taichi
NEVER Openweight Title: Tama Tonga(c) vs Karl Anderson
IWGP US Heavyweight Title: Juice Robinson(c) vs SANADA vs Will Ospreay
IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada(c) vs Jay White
Live on NJPW World

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Dragongate Rainbow Gate Night 5
ACROS, Fukuoka
Card TBA on the day
Live on DG Network

Also shows from 2AWxBJW, Marvlous, Secret Base, Osaka Pro, Ryukyu Pro x2, JWP, Diana, & 2AW

13/6/2022, Monday

Dragongate

14/6/2022, Tuesday

Dragongate

15/6/2022, Wednesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

FortuneDream 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Issei Onitsuka vs Takao Omori
Himeka vs Lady C
Kengo Mashimo & Takanori Ito vs Minoru Suzuki & Takuya Nomura
Hokuto Omori & Jake Lee vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA & T-Hawk)
Daichi Hashimoto, Tetsuya Endo & Yuma Aoyagi vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Shuji Ishikawa & Yuji Hino
Working off the assumption this will be on SamuraiTV within a couple of weeks

Also Tenryu Project

16/6/2022, Thursday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

DDT King of DDT 1st Round
Shinjuku FAcE, Tokyo
King of DDT 1st Round: HARASHIMA vs Hideki Okatani
King of DDT 1st Round: Chris Brookes vs Naomi Yoshimura
King of DDT 1st Round: KANON vs Yuki Ueno
King of DDT 1st Round: Daisuke Sasaki vs Yuji Hino
King of DDT 1st Round: MAO vs Yuki Iino
King of DDT 1st Round: Jun Akiyama vs Yukio Sakaguchi
King of DDT 1st Round: Kazusada Higuchi vs Yukio Naya
King of DDT 1st Round: Masahiro Takanashi vs Tetsuya Endo
Live on Wrestle Universe

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

Stardom In Iwate
Morioka Gymnasium, Morioka
5★GP Qualifier B Block: Lady C vs Mai Sakurai
AZM vs Waka Tsukiyama
Natsupoi vs Saya Iida vs Tam Nakano
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka) vs Queen's Quest (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Himeka & Maika) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Ruaka, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo)

Also Sendai Girls

17/6/2022, Friday

BJW

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Thought I was in the MOTY thread and got VERY confused about nominations from the future

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Very excited about the possibility of 3 Team BJW matches on the one show. It's like my prayers have been answered, my 3 favourite guys from that promotion on a streaming service I already pay for

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Very excited about the possibility of 3 Team BJW matches on the one show. It's like my prayers have been answered, my 3 favourite guys from that promotion on a streaming service I already pay for

The possibility of them vs Honda, Ashino & Tachibana & then STRONGHEARTS is extremely tasty

But also that Kobashi produce show man. Fuuuuuuuck MiSu & Nomura tagging. Against the ever under-rated Mashimo & Ito too. And the main event should kick some serious booty.

It's funny that the most exciting show of the week of Dominion & Cyberfight Festival is a Kenta Kobashi produce show though. Oh, & I remembered to actually check now & it airs on the 24th on G+. I always forget to check G+ because it's mostly showing old NOAH & AJPW. Which is cool but I don't have nearly the time to keep up with old wrestling. G+ is a weird channel though, was looking at the schedule at they are showing this: JFA 45th All Japan U-12 Soccer Championship

A loving 6 month old repeat of an under 12s fitba tournament. Bizarre.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Sunday is stacked

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CyberFight Festival is going to get absolutely murked by Dominion, I fear.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

CyberFight Festival is going to get absolutely murked by Dominion, I fear.

I accept that I'm an outlier but while the top 2 matches & the KOPW match on Dominion should all be great, I really prefer the look of the Cyberfight Festival card. It's obviously hurt by a lack of singles matches & by Pheromones & Kendo Kashin, but Dominion has House of Torture & a Doc Gallows singles match so that's a push. Go vs Kojima will slap, metaphorically & literally. Ditto the PoP Title match. Sasaki vs Kenoh will be great because Kenoh is unimpeachable & it'll be great nonsense. ASUKA & 37KAMIINA vs CDK & Disaster Box will be terrific, Eruption vs GanPro is far cooler than almost anything on the first half of Dominion except maybe the LIJ Bullet Club trios, I am morbidly fascinated to see if Kaito is good enough to drag something decent out of RVD before being pinned by him, & Akiyama, Endo & Higuchi vs Nakajima, Kotoge & Inamura is :goodshit:

Of course I'll watch neither live because I am not waking up at 6am on a Sunday, dinnae be daft.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doc gallows rocks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This popped up on my YouTube recs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlI4bB88tVY

Kazusada Higuchi vs Takanori Ito from 2016 Wrestle 1, one of Ito's earliest matches. It's in the Wrestle 1 Dojo, which is where GLEAT filmed some of their early no-crowd matches from before they really started running regularly.

Match is nothing blow away, but it's fun. Higuchi with some heavy chops

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What's the best English source for keeping up to date on what's happening in GLEAT? I want to follow the storylines more closely but my Japanese is ehhh.

Every international promotion needs a Jae Church equivalent. :hai:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

What's the best English source for keeping up to date on what's happening in GLEAT? I want to follow the storylines more closely but my Japanese is ehhh.

Every international promotion needs a Jae Church equivalent. :hai:

They translate the promos for the VOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6f2oCAKS5E

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonnyandgreenw1/status/1535514115967291392?t=TDqbKkm1UW6vviBeD0Ih3Q&s=19

Alex Zayne is the fourth man in the #STRONGHEARTS vs House of Torture match

Kanemaru and DOUKI apparently on the next Osaka show

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 11, 2022

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

forkboy84 posted:

FortuneDream 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Issei Onitsuka vs Takao Omori
Himeka vs Lady C
Kengo Mashimo & Takanori Ito vs Minoru Suzuki & Takuya Nomura
Hokuto Omori & Jake Lee vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA & T-Hawk)
Daichi Hashimoto, Tetsuya Endo & Yuma Aoyagi vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Shuji Ishikawa & Yuji Hino
Working off the assumption this will be on SamuraiTV within a couple of weeks

Airing on G+ on 6/15. Thanks for these roundups, really useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It just occured to me that I am the mythical casual viewer, but only for All Japan. I don't pay attention to the storylines, I just like the cool matches. Like just looking at the match graphics for todays show, why the hell are Honda and Ashino teaming together again? I remember they came out together at the end of a recent show, but didn't they have a real bad split and a sweet Last Man Standing match only a couple of months ago?

Oh well, Team BJW are here and they are cool as gently caress

e: wow, they win their first match, get exactly one match break and are back out here for the semi finals

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 12, 2022