Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Tether looking good again this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vesi posted:

On March 20, 2000, after a review of its accounting practices, the company announced that it would restate its financial results for the preceding two years.[12] Its stock price, which had risen from $7 per share to as high as $333 per share in a year, fell $120 per share, or 62%, in a day in what is regarded as the bursting of the dot-com bubble.[13]

In December 2000, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission brought charges against the company and its executives.[14] A lawsuit was subsequently filed against MicroStrategy and certain of its officials over fraud.[15] In December 2000, Saylor, Bansal, and the company's former CFO settled with the SEC without admitting wrongdoing, each paying $350,000 in fines.

lol

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Which one of you is David Gerard? Whoever you are keep tweeting you're my main source at the moment

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

ephex posted:

brb gotta take out a loan to buy the dip

This is unironically what people are doing irl.

Guys, imma be honest with you, I hate shitcoins and nfts but drat it feels tempting to buy this garbo at 24k in case it hits 65k again. But, of course, with everything, the moment I touch it it will tank to 0.001 USD the next day so yeah not gonna gamble irl money on this.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Galewolf posted:

Guys, imma be honest with you, I hate shitcoins and nfts but drat it feels tempting to buy this garbo at 24k in case it hits 65k again. But, of course, with everything, the moment I touch it it will tank to 0.001 USD the next day so yeah not gonna gamble irl money on this.

You know, the problem is A LOT of people did that when it fell to 40 and 30k. We're seeing the results of that now. Big dumps are probably people being liquidated.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange sky posted:

Which one of you is David Gerard? Whoever you are keep tweeting you're my main source at the moment

He's divabot.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
here we go again <24k inc

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Vesi posted:

In December 2000, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission brought charges against the company and its executives.[14] A lawsuit was subsequently filed against MicroStrategy and certain of its officials over fraud.[15] In December 2000, Saylor, Bansal, and the company's former CFO settled with the SEC without admitting wrongdoing, each paying $350,000 in fines.

I wonder if they were openly laughing scornfully when they paid that fine, or had they enough restraint to just quietly be sniggering behind their hand.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Lol it landed on $24000 exactly like 8 times before finally edging over

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

here we go again <24k inc

KInda wish I could get excited but crypto just doesnt do the full explosion that desperately needs to happen. All it'll do is just go down a few steps then wobble about while the next lot of suckers are drawn in. Or Tether prints another floor.

We want to see a full annihilation of this stupidity finally pls.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

orange sky posted:

You know, the problem is A LOT of people did that when it fell to 40 and 30k. We're seeing the results of that now. Big dumps are probably people being liquidated.

I fired up the Turkish social media threads about the crash (always fun times) to see the discussions

-I've lost everything, how did this happen? :smithicide:

-Crypto crashes and comes back, you amateurs don't know anything :smuggo: (bought at 60k)

-I lost all my savings, I thought leverage was surefire to win (I mean, goddamn, buying crypto with leverage is just...)

-You people are meanieheads for making fun of people losing their life savings (lol, and also, lmao)

-Generic conspiracy theories about normies not wanting FREEDOM to happen

-I made money by shorting :smuggo:

-Isn't there a system to prevent these manipulations to happen? :smith: (oh my sweet summer child, you're so close yet so far)

-ATH in a week! (Oh darling)

The difference with this is, there is absolutely no regulation of crypto exchanging in Turkey so there are shitloads of very sketchy (even for crypto standards) sites and practices that are not allowed in countries like UK (Crypto ads are now properly banned iirc) but you can see massive billboards hawking Floki coin or you can hear some random uncle dumping all his savings through his Zoomer nephew and got robbed by the exhange owners running away.

The somewhat sad part is, Turkish economy is tanking so fast that people are DESPERATE to have something to hold on to. The inflation is officiallyat 70% but actual numbers indicate 200%+. The shitcoiners use very predatory advertisement and word of mouth to bring the whatever money people have because of FOMO. Hell, even I had to tell my mom to NOT listen anyone regarding this subject multiple times!

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I swear crypto is a sickness, there is a guy on another (football) forum I visit that has put his pension into various kind of crypto. He lost a lot of it on Luna and is now freaking out that Eth is tanking.

The thing is he pulled out 'a bit' down a few months ago, okay not as comfortable as he was but still OK. He then decided to go all in again, just to finish the job of emptying his pension. It would be sad if his initial investment wasn't all just based on get rich quick type greed.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Galewolf posted:

practices that are not allowed in countries like UK (Crypto ads are now properly banned iirc)

https://www.uktech.news/crypto/misleading-crypto-com-ads-banned-20220105

Some specific ads have been banned and the biggest crypto ad people have been told not to do it again, and anecdotally I don't have them making GBS threads up my Twitter feed any more, but crypto ads aren't banned per se as long as they aren't actual lies and do state crypto isn't regulated (in flyspeck 2 point text, no doubt)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh you thought YOU were allowed to withdraw funds? No no no. That's not how this works.

https://twitter.com/flyingspoon8891/status/1536188673255002113?t=CZJIa4R_9V9xexzCwTM-kQ&s=19

Lol

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

feedmegin posted:

https://www.uktech.news/crypto/misleading-crypto-com-ads-banned-20220105

Some specific ads have been banned and the biggest crypto ad people have been told not to do it again, and anecdotally I don't have them making GBS threads up my Twitter feed any more, but crypto ads aren't banned per se as long as they aren't actual lies and do state crypto isn't regulated (in flyspeck 2 point text, no doubt)

Oh yeah, I was trying to mean "ads that promote specific cryptos or misleading ones" are banned. The "legit" (lol) ads are still going but at least it's not "You missed out on DOGE, get in to FLOKI CION!!!" ones making GBS threads up every visible surface on the tube or busses.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

I swear crypto is a sickness, there is a guy on another (football) forum I visit that has put his pension into various kind of crypto. He lost a lot of it on Luna and is now freaking out that Eth is tanking.

The thing is he pulled out 'a bit' down a few months ago, okay not as comfortable as he was but still OK. He then decided to go all in again, just to finish the job of emptying his pension. It would be sad if his initial investment wasn't all just based on get rich quick type greed.
Why would anyone with any brains put their pension into crypto unless they were a devout true believer? You're not expecting to need to use your pension for several decades, one would hope, so you can absolutely afford for it to be sat in a predictable, bulletproof, lower yield fund. I know greed blinds all, but gambling away your lifestyle and health during retirement seems particularly dumb.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Durzel posted:

Why would anyone with any brains put their pension into crypto unless they were a devout true believer? You're not expecting to need to use your pension for several decades, one would hope, so you can absolutely afford for it to be sat in a predictable, bulletproof, lower yield fund. I know greed blinds all, but gambling away your lifestyle and health during retirement seems particularly dumb.

You know a lot of devout true believers who are long on brains?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

One of my friends has lost more than €10k over the last couple of months that he simply couldn't afford to lose.

We talked about crypto a lot in 2018 since he was super into the macro economic aspects of it, but for me it was always just simple gambling. When his business got hit hard by Corona, apparently he put most of his savings in some alt coin I don't remember and lost it all.

Good thing is his wife makes a lot of money, but she's pregnant currently and from what I've heard there were SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS about how he's spending his money (lol).

Last time we met he talked about some new coin that "will change everything" and that he's considering investing in it since it's a sure thing" (lmfao)

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

ephex posted:

SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS about how he's spending his money (lol).

next time you see him remind him that he has to "know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em" and then just pass away where you sit. then he will take you seriously

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Some friends are looking at buying btc < 20k. I can’t help but to laugh.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Galewolf posted:

My technicals have only started showing we're in an extreme. The only likely successful short term play right now is shorting the market, really. We could go much, much lower. And if it bounces, it's likely only a corrective bounce to short through. Though if you're not good at that you're very likely to just lose money.

Safest standard play is waiting for poo poo to actually bounce, not try to catch a knife at the bottom.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Or you could not cause massive environmental damage to try to make nonfundamental gains in a market of irrational investors trading irrational products? Just saying that's an option too.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Email from my neighbor concerning Nugen:

Hello,
There is new information and we have about 20 days
before NuGen Coin launches.

We are getting compound interest at 0.35% 4 times a day before launch.

This recording is Fazil Jabar and John Austin Managing Directors
of NuGen Universe and NuGen Coins. The Q & A's are not recorded
but Candice has sent us a copy because of background noise.

1st) It is not multi level marketing but you do get paid for sharing.
2nd) suggestion: if anyone you know does join,they should put at least $50.00 in each coin.
This can all be done by bank wire. I will send the instructions.
Q & A's sent to us by backoffice from the webinar.
Here's the Link to Listen to the webinar
Here 's the Link from Thursday 6/9/2022 https://www.freeconferencecall.com/...FDJ9bJ%2Facm83T
Here are the latest updates from our webinar :)

IMPORTANT UPDATES:
A. FOR LOAN CONTRACTS (NO longer available for new members)

1. If loan payments are all up to date just before we go live (Expected June30), members will get the full 18 months staking, and they no longer need to make any more payments.
2. If the loan payments are NOT up to date. Members have the option to catch up on their payments to have their loans up to date
3. If the loan payments are not up to date and the member can no longer afford to pay their due, then the number of coins they get will be prorated accordingly with how much was paid.

B. NuGen Smart Contracts
No matter the date the Smart Contract was purchased, it will be paid with the full 18 months staking contracts.

C. Debit Card Applications
All members with pending SFM debit card applications were put on hold. This due to the delays on delivery and some issues concerning the card application process. We strongly advise all of our members to apply for the NuGen Debit Cards instead.
Further announcement will be posted on when will start accepting Debit card applications.

D. Transfer of Coins
For members that need to transfer the coins from their underage members. Please make a formal request and send it to mailto:support@nugencoin.com for documentation purposes. (This will take 5-7 business days)

E. White Paper
This will be published before our coins go on live (Expected June 30), and it will be available for everyone to view.

F. New Coin Value
Nugen Oxygen coin 0.17358016
Nugen Energy coin 0.17428365
Nugen Realty coin 0.20758463
Travel Coin 0.10

The reason for changes in the value of the other coins is to give our members the opportunity to purchase more coins at an affordable price.

Here's the bank details in order for you to do the transfer or deposit at the bank for the payment.

BANK NAME: WELLS FARGO
ACCOUNT #: 6621516472
ROUTING #: 121000248
SWIFT/BIC CODE: WFBIUS6TTRU

Bank Address - Wells Fargo
Address 255 2ND AVE SOUTH
City MINNEAPOLIS
State MINNESOTA (MN)
Zip code 55479

Company Name: NUGEN MARKETPLACE, INC
Our Address:
1726 AVENUE B
PLATTSMOUTH NE 68048-1549

Piggy Smalls fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 13, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jesus Christ.

Just wire the funds to this bank account!

No other information is needed except to email us and let us know you sent it!

Lol.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“Underage members”? Were people using their minor children as the next level in the pyramid scheme?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

smackfu posted:

“Underage members”? Were people using their minor children as the next level in the pyramid scheme?

I’ve heard of parents taking out loans or credit cards in their kids name, unaware to them until they get called asking for money they’re supposed to be paying.

No clue how true those stories are, but I would not be surprised if it moved to Bitcoin if it was.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

bobjr posted:

I’ve heard of parents taking out loans or credit cards in their kids name, unaware to them until they get called asking for money they’re supposed to be paying.

No clue how true those stories are, but I would not be surprised if it moved to Bitcoin if it was.

This has absolutely happened to people in my family. I have no doubts coiners would do it too, convinced they're investing in their child's future.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If your first point is "It's not an MLM!", it's an MLM.

Although in this case it seems more like a simple investment scam.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Piggy Smalls posted:

notascam.txt

this might have your real name in it?

unless it's just some random persons name.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
https://twitter.com/Cryptadamist/status/1536295574135353344?s=20&t=nvIfkz-6zZOQlm4M0-SjUg

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Piggy Smalls posted:

Email from my neighbor concerning Nugen:

Hello,
There is new information and we have about 20 days
before NuGen Coin launches.

We are getting compound interest at 0.35% 4 times a day before launch.
[..]

Our Address:
1726 AVENUE B

nice I found their headquarters

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

more like best case scenario

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

It it HAPPENING finally? I figured this bubble had a few more months at least left in it. Been watching this scam a long god drat time, it's been a fun ride thanks coiners 👍.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1536317704990208000

like loving clockwork. pieces of poo poo.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Cryptocurrency: bringing bank runs to the unbanked

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Our Address:
1726 AVENUE B

Seems legit.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Lmao

orange sky
May 7, 2007

just to remind everyone of the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp0diaVLPrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL!!!

second guy trying to explain why his boat full of holes works if you just keep bailing the water out.