Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its fine but the orchestra is way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

this book is loving enormous lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I havent played 3ds version but instant synthesis alone sounds like the best possible upgrade for a remaster

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1536521962729549824?s=20&t=OdouujNgWe-vy1x3gsPlSg

I bet this listing was a mistake and it wasn't supposed to appear yet but this is looking like another Tactics Ogre remake is confirmed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Started Soul Hackers on 3DS and I’m loving the stupid 90s information superhighway aesthetic

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Harrow posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1536521962729549824?s=20&t=OdouujNgWe-vy1x3gsPlSg

I bet this listing was a mistake and it wasn't supposed to appear yet but this is looking like another Tactics Ogre remake is confirmed

gently caress yes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

gently caress yes

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was just thinking I'd start a playthrough of the PSP version now that I'm done with Triangle Strategy but now I want to see what the deal is with Reborn

Square Enix reinvesting in their tactics RPGs is something I'm very happy to see

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

they could just literally take let us cling together and unfuck classes and levels and I'd be happy. wonder what the plan is

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I liked th class and level system in let us cling together

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The level system is interesting in letting you field new recruits immediately, though it needed some help to get underleveled unique classes caught up faster. There's a "cheat" you can use in PPSSPP that makes it so underleveled classes get a bigger share of the EXP at the end of battle (without actually increasing the total EXP your team gets, which is why it's not that much of a "cheat") which makes a big difference all on its own.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

I liked th class and level system in let us cling together

I thought it was goofy.youd get a guy with a cool new class who's meant to be strong and his level for that job is low. isn't that how it worked

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what if you got t.g. "thunder god" cid in fft and he was level 1. wack

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They probably could just use the exact same system but make units with unique classes just join at a higher level and it'd work great

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

They probably could just use the exact same system but make units with unique classes just join at a higher level and it'd work great

I'm a traditionalist but I'd understand if they planned on reviving their tactics series and wanted to take fft and to in different directions

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah i hope they do something about the leveling and just general balance if theyre doing work on tactics ogre. about midway thru my playthrough of let us cling together i found out archers were pretty strong so i started relying on them a lot then at a completely arbitrary point later on they just stopped doing damage and even when i eventually threw my hands up and used exp cheats it was a huge slog to get everyone else up to a level where they could do anything meaningful

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't done a complete playthrough yet but the One Vision mod is pretty great for the PSP version. One of those mods that isn't a hard mode mod but a full rebalance that tries to make all classes viable, adds new class options, changes up weapon and armor balance, and makes crafting not suck. It's pretty great.

I'm very curious what they'll do for another remake, though. Just guessing from the title "Reborn" it won't just be a port of LUCT.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Canopus Wolph, The Wind Caller ftw

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I played the psp version for the first time earlier this year and it was incredibly good, probably my favorite srpg, so I'm hyped as hell

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

Tentatively excited, let the good srpgs rain like mana from heaven!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EO Nexus is entirely forest stratums up to the 7th one lol. And I'm eating it up

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

No real details, or even a date but they finally announced Dragon's Dogma 2 on the Capcom stream today

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I see FF7R is on steam now, I will put it on the list

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

I see FF7R is on steam now, I will put it on the list

It's really good :hai:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

drat Dragon Quest IV kicks rear end. i equipped alena with falcon earrings and she's owning everything. wondering if i should use all my seeds of strength on her...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

drat Dragon Quest IV kicks rear end. i equipped alena with falcon earrings and she's owning everything. wondering if i should use all my seeds of strength on her...

Absolutely. Alena ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

:hai:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

ragnar rejoined the group. it's sick the over-world music changed. i think my final party is gonna be hero, alena, maya, and kiryl.

now the true adventure begins

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i need tk back and finish triangle strategy but i started replaying chrono trigger cause i wanted a fresh run before starting cross and god, it’s such a great game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unlocked subclassing in EO Nexus and there are so many class combos that I don't have a single clue where to start lol. May have just hit a wall

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Unlocked subclassing in EO Nexus and there are so many class combos that I don't have a single clue where to start lol. May have just hit a wall

thats exactly where I stopped lol, i spent like five hours discussing builds nd taking gamer notes and then stopped playing the game lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Loving the game way too much to stop...its just gonna take a while to decide. I might just finish the current dungeon first lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe my next project after doomhead gaming will be to finally beat a EO game...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

landsknecht is an s-tier class name

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Maybe my next project after doomhead gaming will be to finally beat a EO game...

4 is the best starting game imo, great fungeons, cool classes. 3 is my fave though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

bump_fn posted:

i need tk back and finish triangle strategy but i started replaying chrono trigger cause i wanted a fresh run before starting cross and god, it’s such a great game.

Chrono Trigger is so good

I replayed back when I Am Setsuna came out and it made me really appreciate how much personality, fun, and liveliness Chrono Trigger has even more

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chrono trigger, mega man x and soul blazer are my comfort games when i need to just blaze through something I enjoy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

thats exactly where I stopped lol, i spent like five hours discussing builds nd taking gamer notes and then stopped playing the game lol

let's go. even though I still kinda want to put arcanist in there somewhere... going with this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

let's go. even though I still kinda want to put arcanist in there somewhere... going with this

i think thats more or less exactly what i did lol. mine were all in a hangouts with some buddies but I'll see what i can dig up next time I'm near a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

copious gamer notes ftw