Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

If there's a $1000 disparity between the price of BTC on kraken and the price of BTC on coinbase, how is that not ripe for arbitrage?

if you're looking at bitcointicker.co just note that kraken is displayed in EUR/BTC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought bitcoin was working towards global warming, but now it's bitcoin winter?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
$22k does not seem to be hodling! wonder if it is another case of people getting home at 5pm EST and selling (some wise soul here said that yesterday when it started dropping around that time)

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

priznat posted:

$22k does not seem to be hodling! wonder if it is another case of people getting home at 5pm EST and selling (some wise soul here said that yesterday when it started dropping around that time)

:cawg:

I've got an alert set if it crosses 21,250 again to get the popcorn out

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Booyah- posted:

smdh if you don't have that poo poo full screened on a second monitor 24/7 at this point

my wife periodically just asks if bitcoin's down again when she hears me cackling like an idiot

Tiax Rules All
Jul 22, 2007
You are but the grease for the wheels of his rule.
Where are you setting price alerts? I should probably do that instead of mashing f5 every few minutes.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Booyah- posted:

Only $150 away!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Send this back 10 years ago in a tardis and no one would know what the gently caress it meant.
Nows it comedy gold.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Tiax Rules All posted:

Where are you setting price alerts? I should probably do that instead of mashing f5 every few minutes.

I like tradingview but you can also use charts on the exchanges themselves like kraken that show you the orders

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=BINANCE%3ABTCUSDT

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Now is the grifter of our discontent

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bad news everybody, sorry

quote:

Cryptocurrency bottom is already close

The last 24 to 48 hours saw one of the most shocking crypto price crash in the history of the entire crypto market. From a former resistance point of $30k, bitcoin touched $20,950.82 at its lowest yesterday in an unexpected turn of events.

The founder of Global Digital however notes that both BTC and ETH will not be going lower than $20,000 and $1,000 respectively with the latter dropping as low as $1,094 within the last two days. Novogratz also said stocks will decline by another 15 to 20 percent.

"Ethereum should hold around $1,000 and it’s $1,200 right now. Bitcoin is around $20,000, $21,000 and it is $23,000, so you are much closer to the bottom in crypto than you are where I think, stocks, are going to have another 15% to 20%"

In an interview with CNBC, Novogratz declared that bitcoin will help the ailing economy. He also believes the Fed tightening is causing harm to the economy. Many companies have reportedly laid off some of their workers due to inflation and high interest rates caused by the tightening.

from my new new favourite website, COIN GAPE

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
'A random crypto dude says this is the bottom, buy buy buy'

Nobody hoping to pass the bag there at all.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

'A random crypto dude says this is the bottom, buy buy buy'

Nobody hoping to pass the bag there at all.

Crypto will be the safe haven when the stock markets drop 20%

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

greazeball posted:

Just lol at the idea that a useless asset like crypto will just stop dropping now if stocks slide another 20%

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

gently caress, well that’s it then everyone. Time to go home, fun’s over

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The only question is how many people who are sucker enough to put their life savings in crypto have yet to do so.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
there cant be any more suckers, right? anyone who bought this crap in the past couple years and still has any is underwater, who's left?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

A coworker of mine took out a shitload of credit card cash advances and all his home equity and put it in to crypto CRO coin (?). I was talking to him earlier today and he seemed... not good. He did all this after the super bowl ad.

My sister almost put all her poo poo in to safemoon last year because she wanted to 'get rich' even though she already is but I talked her out of it.

I'm not sure how many people have done things like taking out huge loans and cash advances to buy bitcoins but I bet its a lot.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I am absolutely confident Bitcoin will not go lower than 0 dollars. That I am sure about, so when you think about it, the maximum amount of money you could lose is 20k

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

abigserve posted:

I am absolutely confident Bitcoin will not go lower than 0 dollars. That I am sure about, so when you think about it, the maximum amount of money you could lose is 20k

Can you put this into a chart somehow? With a bunch of random circles? Also log scaled.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

greazeball posted:

So that’s what a token ring network does!

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

greazeball posted:

I love how using his numbers you can save yourself from the impending 15% drop in the stock market by investing in crypto which he estimates has only another *typing into calculator* 15% left to drop before the bottom. This 15% drop is better though. Because crypto.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Taco Duck posted:

The Celsius fridge just needs a big old lock on it

Celsius? More like Fahren-heist

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mimesweeper posted:

there cant be any more suckers, right? anyone who bought this crap in the past couple years and still has any is underwater, who's left?

There's that one goon's neighbor

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

nuketulsa posted:

A coworker of mine took out a shitload of credit card cash advances and all his home equity and put it in to crypto CRO coin (?). I was talking to him earlier today and he seemed... not good. He did all this after the super bowl ad.

My sister almost put all her poo poo in to safemoon last year because she wanted to 'get rich' even though she already is but I talked her out of it.

I'm not sure how many people have done things like taking out huge loans and cash advances to buy bitcoins but I bet its a lot.

I prepared a tax return for a guy who was doing well, sold a good business he had worked hard in and had built for decades for a lot of money...... and he put ALL of the proceeds into crypto at around the peak in November.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

nuketulsa posted:

They should have left Matt Damon on Mars

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
A good friend of mine just dropped another 3k on crypto today. His current investment of 1k is down about 85%. Wine may have been involved at the time of the decision.
Everyone I worked with at my old job all bought in around a year ago so I’m assuming they are all down too.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Gotta know when to hold em
Know when to hodl em.
Know when to slurp an ape,
And when to $CUM

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
drinking and making terrible financial decisions is a time honored tradition :cheers:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Hillary 2024 posted:

Or maybe we need to elevate our thinking PAST the moon....

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I love when these idiots try to guess the "true value" of the coins, like ethereum is really worth $X. 100% of the value of this poo poo is what other people are willing to pay for it, there's no fundamental relationship to the broader economy whereby you can estimate a valuation, it's a purely speculative asset.

Rigel posted:

I prepared a tax return for a guy who was doing well, sold a good business he had worked hard in and had built for decades for a lot of money...... and he put ALL of the proceeds into crypto at around the peak in November.

I really want to know more

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ok folks it look bad but what we see developing now is the classic 'golden arches' pattern. if you look for similar cases in the date range from 2007-2013 between March and April over 50% of the time they end up increasing over the following week or week after. so stay calm!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Rigel posted:

Fuuuuuuuck

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hillary 2024 posted:

Then we wouldn't be getting nearly as much hilarious content. Our bags of comedy would be empty, just like a crypto investor's bag.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what if the head and shoulders pattern is a koch head and shoulders pattern and its a fractal that means emmmmmmm perimeter is inf and that means it takes forever to get to zero?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

xarph posted:

Wandered into the nearby bodega this morning.

There is one of those at a liquor store near me. A liquor store that has styrofoam cups and an ice machine next the the exit which I am sure has nothing to do with the fact that I see people getting a cup of ice and mixing a drink in their car before they drive off.

Checks out.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Before bitcoin can drop by 20000, it has to drop by 10000. But before it drops by 10,000, it has to drop by 5000. Follow this chain of logic to its obvious conclusion and clearly infinite price drops must occur before any given price drop can occur. Since it's impossible for infinite things to happen in finite time, bitcoin's price cannot go down.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You know you can just embed the original, right?

https://twitter.com/IlllllllllllllI/status/1536632345972944897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I would like to buy some bitcoin, do I just post my credit card and bank details in the thread or?