Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i get all my anime through word of mouth so keep talkin, i'm lookin for more stuff to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

I got the tude now posted:

Havnt watched space dandy cuz I’m a fail bitch

they made an ova for the extra curses and it's mostly all 2d animation with no in-betweens. if you haven't seen it I thought it captures a lot of the charm of dorohedoro

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Uncle Frank posted:

they made an ova for the extra curses and it's mostly all 2d animation with no in-betweens. if you haven't seen it I thought it captures a lot of the charm of dorohedoro

Oh sick

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i get all my anime through word of mouth so keep talkin, i'm lookin for more stuff to watch

you have to watch eizouken, you probably should watch sonny boy, and you can watch oddtaxi if you want

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
they adapted one of my favorite extra curse/anything I've read in manga (ebisu's family photo) and really did it well. hope that at some point they can continue animating it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

1. My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

this. I just ran the numbers and it's significantly funnier than Space Dandy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

How much yuasa/science saru have you seen? I also like Mind Game, Kemonozume, and Kaiba. Of the three I think Kaiba is the best.

Also Night is short walk on girl, which is related to tatami galaxy

Definitely dorohedoro, eizoken and sonny boy

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm starting to think making a list below like 20 shows/movies is an impossible task

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i didnt like night is short, walk on girl as much because its basically just tatami galaxy again but doesnt stand on its own nearly as well. still some very epic poo poo obviously but its definitely not as good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un-uMOClSp8

this is the best anime actually

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i didnt like night is short, walk on girl as much because its basically just tatami galaxy again but doesnt stand on its own nearly as well. still some very epic poo poo obviously but its definitely not as good

:hai: yeah for sure. but I do think about that dumb rear end walk a lot more than I should

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i also liked studio trigger netflix show brand new animal but only because it had really fun animation and lots of pretty colors

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HLf7UUPrd8 wait its actually this

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I am not well versed in The Anime but my favorites are Hunter x Hunter, Mob Psycho, Evangelion and Bebop.

I used to really like Attack on Titan but my interest dropped off a cliff after the manga ending.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
I finished k-on recently and I'm thinking on taking a short anime break from my watching schedule to knock out Nathan for you. never seen it but only heard good things over the years, might as well use my friends Hulu a bit more

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

I finished k-on recently and I'm thinking on taking a short anime break from my watching schedule to knock out Nathan for you. never seen it but only heard good things over the years, might as well use my friends Hulu a bit more

nathan for you kicks mondo rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:siren:I AM WATCHING EIZOUKEN:siren:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

nathan for you also gets better as you go and the last episode is basically an insane movie

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Nutmeg posted:

nathan for you rules, you won't be disappointed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i've only seen like five episodes but i think about them all the time. the sex criminal one might be one of the funniest things ive ever fuckin seen lmao, think after i'm done with eizouken i'm gonna rip through the rest of the show

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

wise choice

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I am not well versed in The Anime but my favorites are Hunter x Hunter, Mob Psycho, Evangelion and Bebop.

I used to really like Attack on Titan but my interest dropped off a cliff after the manga ending.

Heard a lot of negative stuff about the ending but I've gone this long without spoilers so I'll ride it out anyway and hope the anime fixes whatever it did wrong.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

I am compelled to post the op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-91y7BJ8QA

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evangelion’s still my #1 fave anime. Truly epic

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

P-Mack posted:

Heard a lot of negative stuff about the ending but I've gone this long without spoilers so I'll ride it out anyway and hope the anime fixes whatever it did wrong.

FAICT the general reaction was mixed. Some people liked the ending. Maybe you won't have a problem with it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

You will love it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

What's y'all's take on Planetes? It's a dim blip on my radar and I'd like to know more. I'm a sucker for space stuff

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Evangelion’s still my #1 fave anime. Truly epic

Typical art guy

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I did not care for FLCL

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

mbt posted:

I did not care for FLCL

gently caress you

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Watch Ranma 1/2 in spanish on youtube

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

I did not care for FLCL

Troubling disclosure

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

it's fine but it's no ping pong or tatami galaxy or nathan for you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

I did not care for FLCL

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Fargield posted:

Watch Ranma 1/2 in spanish on youtube

This sounds like a really good idea actually

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

it's fine but it's no ping pong or tatami galaxy or nathan for you

I forgive you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fortaleza posted:

What's y'all's take on Planetes? It's a dim blip on my radar and I'd like to know more. I'm a sucker for space stuff

Haven’t seen it but Vinland Saga is incredible so it can’t be bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mbt posted:

I did not care for FLCL

its epic but its also a pedo anime about children having sex