Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Arist posted:

Is that what they were implying by "Next Winter," because I was worried they meant 2024 lol

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1537561070012858368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was so sure Reunion was going to be the last part, but Crisis Core has nabbed it now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Palmtree Panic posted:

Two new FF games next year? No way.

No, Crisis Core Reunion is this winter, FF7 Rebirth is next winter.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

stev posted:

I was so sure Reunion was going to be the last part, but Crisis Core has nabbed it now.

Same

Wonder what they'll go with now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HD DAD posted:

That was Tifa who was quoted saying “I died? Are you saying I’m some kind of imposter”? That didn’t sound like Aerith’s VA.

Or maybe I’m just an idiot.

Yeah it's Tifa. They're talking Nibelheim flashback.

The conceit of the Trailer with that line and Zack stuff really seemed to be pushing "We're getting into the Cloud identity crisis" which is the best part of FF7. So really hope they nail it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Rebuild

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Cool two more games to add to the list (Crisis Core R and VIIR Pt 2)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HD DAD posted:

That was Tifa who was quoted saying “I died? Are you saying I’m some kind of imposter”? That didn’t sound like Aerith’s VA.

I imagine he's referring to the Neibelheim flashback and Cloud's surprise that she was still alive. Cloud saw her get stabbed then spent the rest of the time in a tank, presumably believing everyone including her had died.

At least from what I remember

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Augus posted:

No, Crisis Core Reunion is this winter, FF7 Rebirth is next winter.

FF16 is also next year

Prowler
May 24, 2004

A reminder that next winter does include 2024 in both seasonal and fiscal terms

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

You Can (Not) Save Aerith.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DanielCross posted:

So did you think the Crisis Core Remake is next year when they said that one is "this winter"?

If you want a real answer: "winter" is not very specific, especially because winter as a season crosses the new year's threshold. That they apparently used "this" and "next" to refer to the same period of time is a little confusing, yes.

Whatever, it's not an actual problem. I'm happy it's coming out soon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FF16 is also next year

oh poo poo right
that owns lol

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FF16 is also next year
Going by previous history, FFXIV Expansion 5 should be due in late 2023 as well.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Can't wait to try out Crisis Core, I've always wanted to play it.

Also some of my favorite parts of FF12 are the parts everyone says are bad, and looking at them objectively, they kind of are :shobon:

I really enjoy the Sandsea and the stretch of the game where you have to make the looooong journey from Nalbina to the Cave Palace.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HD DAD posted:

Yeah, that was Tifa. It's all Nibelheim flashback stuff. Actually nothing in the teaser hinted at anything other than Cloud's identity crisis except that it sounded like there was a conversation between Zack and Aerith at the end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Prowler posted:

A reminder that next winter does include 2024 in both seasonal and fiscal terms

Jan-March 2024 would really be stretching their announcement that it will be "approximately 3 years" after ff7 remake's release... i guess not an actual lie though lol

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Three part trilogy. That's going to be really weird because of how the game distributed its relative content. Excited! But wondering if we'll end up not having as much content after the City of the Ancients or if the world will end up feeling small outside of Midgar.

Really intrigued by the identity thing they seem to be going with.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Also I think they announced after the 7R2 trailer that there would be only one more game in the 7R project after 7R2, but it's hard to tell because the stream was so embarrassingly lovely

efb

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oh cool 7R is coming out on Steam, don't have to buy it through EGS. Maybe Stranger of Paradise will also be on Steam by the time I get to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glad I didnt buy FF7R on EGS. Will get it tomorrow on Steam.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Am I going to need a PS5 for this, aren't I?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that was Tifa. It's all Nibelheim flashback stuff. Actually nothing in the teaser hinted at anything other than Cloud's identity crisis except that it sounded like there was a conversation between Zack and Aerith at the end.

I mean having that line and "What is fact and what is fiction" along with Zack stuff all really allude to Cloud's identity issues imo.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

HD DAD posted:

at the end of the Nibelheim flashback sequence, Cloud says he thought she was a goner and that he was sad, and you get the first inkling of Tifa knowing something is wrong

I'm very interested in finding out how the conversation goes this time around that Tifa's being so defensive

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

deoju posted:

Am I going to need a PS5 for this, aren't I?

Title card said PS5, yeah.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean having that line and "What is fact and what is fiction" along with Zack stuff all really allude to Cloud's identity issues imo.

Oh yeah that's what I meant. Everything in the trailer that sounded all mysterious points to Cloud's identity crisis being a major feature of Rebirth, though the Zack and Aerith stuff at the end is making me wonder what Zack's role will be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I assume it's a revamped version of this line from the original

"
TIFA:
Cloud...?
How bad was I when Sephiroth cut me?

CLOUD
I thought you were a goner. ......I was really sad."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sounds like in remake Tifa ain't gonna be holding her cards as close to the chest in regards "Holy poo poo how does he know all this stuff, he wasn't there. What's going on?"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress I was drafting up a post the other day about how the second game would be called Rebirth or some poo poo, I wish I had actually posted it.

stev posted:

Same. Also I am extremely hype to play Crisis Core, I didn't get very far through it on the PSP.

EDIT:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sounds like in remake Tifa ain't gonna be holding her cards as close to the chest in regards "Holy poo poo how does he know all this stuff, he wasn't there. What's going on?"

He was there he was just one of the generic mooks, I thought.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

gently caress I was drafting up a post the other day about how the second game would be called Rebirth or some poo poo, I wish I had actually posted it.

Same. Also I am extremely hype to play Crisis Core, I didn't get very far through it on the PSP.

EDIT:

He was but Tifa didn't know that. He only unmasked once she was basically dying from getting Sephiroth'd.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I think I have some old posts around where I guessed it would go Remake, Rebirth, Reunion so I was almost there

Though I can't quite remember and I might have thought Rebirth would be the last part, hm.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That Ever Crisis trailer also seemed to be implying it was more than just a straight remake at the end. It was showing the old "Sephiroth walking through flame" scene and then he got switched with a short haired version?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
crisis core is going to be sort of awkward on a non-portable console but that won't stop me

did they redub zack, i couldn't tell

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

crisis core is going to be sort of awkward on a non-portable console but that won't stop me

Aerith was absolutely the new VA so yeah

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I found it

Harrow posted:

So you think they'll call the future parts just like "Episode 2" or "Part 2" or will they have subtitles?

It could be fun if they just have everything be FF7R with different R words. Remake, Rebirth, Reunion or something.

Too bad about Crisis Core snagging Reunion. It would've been funny to just completely call it lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Looking forward to Cloud and Sephiroth going hiking together

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Rhonne posted:

That Ever Crisis trailer also seemed to be implying it was more than just a straight remake at the end. It was showing the old "Sephiroth walking through flame" scene and then he got switched with a short haired version?

Chadley's dark origin story revealed

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

EDIT:

Yeah but that's a reveal much later and part of perhaps the best sequence in Final Fantasy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Looking at it I imagine they're going to at least gussy it up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

Chadley's dark origin story revealed

All that combat data we gave him is coming back to bite us!