Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I like powershell and it was about loving time windows had something like it. I just can’t get over spaces and forward slashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bonzo posted:

I wanted to learn Powershell. I really did. But nearly every tutorial spends the first 20 minutes on how to make the UI easier to use and read. It reminded me too much of trying to learn Java using Eclipse.

so it's not just me that thought eclipse was over complicated. all my classes insisted on it and I couldn't understand

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 19, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

PowerShell Core in the new Windows Terminal, which you should be using, is black by default.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Galaxy brain move with Powershell is to install https://starship.rs on it so no matter what shell you're using you have a consistent prompt

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

PowerShell Core in the new Windows Terminal, which you should be using, is black by default.

how do i start that in windows 10?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

jaegerx posted:

how do i start that in windows 10?

It’s a download from Microsoft. Download, install and then just hit start and type Powershell.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

GreenNight posted:

It’s a download from Microsoft. Download, install and then just hit start and type Powershell.

This https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell ? thanks

wait no, it still opens blue powershell unless i click on the icon for the 7.2.4 one, but i'm sure thats on me

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 20, 2022

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah, that's it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

On the subject of PowerShell...

Is there a way to loop through all the Azure AD and Azure Subscription Roles create a group for each one then assign PIM eligibility or approval with MS Graph Azure AD?

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 20, 2022

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

On the subject of PowerShell...

Is there a way to loop through all the Azure AD and Azure Subscription Roles create a group for each one then assign PIM eligibility or approval?

There are some PowerShell wizards in CoC if you don't have any luck here.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

New Windows Terminal is from the Microsoft Store on Win 10/11, get that

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

New Windows Terminal is from the Microsoft Store on Win 10/11, get that

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N0DX20HK701

oh this seems excellent

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah it's good

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

don't let anyone say clam down is useless, unless it's his parents, coworkers, friends, and any kind of associate he has

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I have my WSL2 install open in Windows Terminal as well, so it's basically a one stop shop for everything.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

jaegerx posted:

don't let anyone say clam down is useless

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
If you have to worry about Windows terminals you've chosen the wrong career path

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Jeeze with how much all you don't want to use it I'd think you're an associate

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Sepist posted:

If you have to worry about Windows terminals you've chosen the wrong career path

While it’s not my preferred OS, it it still useful to atleast understand the basics.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfAKmf6rVHs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I’ll eat a probe for this.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

jaegerx posted:

While it’s not my preferred OS, it it still useful to atleast understand the basics.

Also Windows Terminal is along the same lines as VS Code - it's trying to be the best terminal app (which happens to be on Windows) and not the best Microsoft Windows Official Terminal For Microsoft Apps Only We Hate Linux app. Besides the fact you can load up on whatever additional windows you want in there especially WSL2 distributions as someone mentioned, the settings are all stored in a config file like they would be in a Unix model, and thus you can easily copy them somewhere else as you prefer, modify by command line if you prefer that over GUI, copy settings from someone else by, y'know, copy/pasting, and so forth.

SyNack Sassimov fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 20, 2022

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Gotta login? Boo.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

GreenNight posted:

Gotta login? Boo.

https://hackmd.io/@ss14/windows-terminal

quote:

Go here and download the .msixbundle from the latest release.
Open a Powershell window in the directory where you download the file.
Type Add-AppxPackage (space) the full file-name you downloaded.
So for me it would be Add-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsTerminalPreview_1.7.572.0_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle
That’s it! Search for “Terminal” in your search bar and “Windows Terminal Preview” should show up.

VVV open in incog window

SyNack Sassimov fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 20, 2022

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I meant for Instrgram, but appreciate the assist!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

GreenNight posted:

I meant for Instrgram, but appreciate the assist!

you don't have an instagram account?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

jaegerx posted:

I post to instagram every morning regularly.

by instagram I mean the toilet

edit: something something my posts here are also from the toilet

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

If IE has an Instagram I’m gonna get a probe for it

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

jaegerx posted:

Na man.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

You can make it absolutely private and it’s just another place to save your photos for free. That’s what I do.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

facebook bad

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

i didn't mean to start this is i promise

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao jaegerx can't get it in on the first try.

e: I'm assuming this is your insta

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good posting comes at a cost, always

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Instagram infuriatingly obfuscates / hides the full resolution image in the page source, right? If you store your photos there how do you export at high res if you want?

I don't use insta but am just starting it for a finsta or whatever, and will pull photos with my face from my Gphotos account, primarily because dating apps will show your feed now so I need it to compete.

Gphotos is my general use photos app and it's been great, but I'm sad they eliminated the free tier so the space I pay for will eventually fill up.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

I just find it easiest to use to share some photos with family or friends for the events i go to. Yes, i have friends. i think instagram is just the easiest for that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inner Light posted:

Instagram infuriatingly obfuscates / hides the full resolution image in the page source, right? If you store your photos there how do you export at high res if you want?

I don't use insta but am just starting it for a finsta or whatever, and will pull photos with my face from my Gphotos account, primarily because dating apps will show your feed now so I need it to compete.

Gphotos is my general use photos app and it's been great, but I'm sad they eliminated the free tier so the space I pay for will eventually fill up.

Correct, IG isn't for high res photo sharing or storage to download later. It's for social media sharing. If you want high res, use google photos.

Also that's 100% jaegerx's ig post

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Correct, IG isn't for high res photo sharing or storage to download later. It's for social media sharing. If you want high res, use google photos.

Also that's 100% jaegerx's ig post

I complimented you earlier

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 20, 2022

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

jaegerx posted:

I complemented you earlier

He doesn't appreciate you. You deserve better.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

jaegerx posted:

I complemented you earlier

How do you complement him?

like you're the american yang to his yin or what here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007