Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A lot of you are dissing my guy Captain Boatsuit she I think you need to rethink your choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Captain Smith and his Titanic costume :cripes:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Carbohydrates posted:

Built a lot of signage lately, a lot of it intended for LUG stuff / shows!

First, a couple Texases. Did a trans flag one by request of Bun, and then a Texas flag one to go with.

Next, a LUG logo. I imagine this being integrated into a billboard or ad in the city layout. Had a lot of fun figuring out how to do that star. The back of it is fully tiled.

Li'l Insta QR so when people ask, "where can I see more of your stuff?" I don't have to respond, "sorry, I'm terrible at promoting myself." Gotta actually populate it with all my cars and stuff now. And yes, I originally wanted to brick build the QR code, but it would have been massive and expensive. Woulda looked something like this though.

This one's a brick badge, somewhere to stick the 1 x 8 bricks you get from shows and such.

Finally, this one's for our monthly build. We basically have a 10 x 12 space to build something for the city: mural, billboard, etc. I went with an in-universe Octan ad. The logo uses all 3 sizes of macaroni tile, including the new 3 x 3!

Were you at/are you going to be at Dallas fan expo? I saw a local table the past two days there.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

VaultAggie posted:

Were you at/are you going to be at Dallas fan expo? I saw a local table the past two days there.
Our club is, but I personally am not attending this one. I'll be at Denton next weekend, though.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Still no pre-order for Galaxy Explorer in Yurop :(

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So what was the new theme announcement at Lego Con? I see the Avatar set on the site, but that's just lumped under "Disney".

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BaconCopter posted:

Buzz Lightyear ship

Why did you have to tell me this? It's literally a viper. I have to get it now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Prophet of Nixon posted:

So what was the new theme announcement at Lego Con? I see the Avatar set on the site, but that's just lumped under "Disney".

There's a new "icons" category on the store page, is that what you're talking about? Is their category specifically targeted at adult fans.. a bunch of existing sets got shuffled into it. Plus the new ones.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

xzzy posted:

There's a new "icons" category on the store page, is that what you're talking about? Is their category specifically targeted at adult fans.. a bunch of existing sets got shuffled into it. Plus the new ones.

Dunno, they were teasing a new theme being launched at the Lego Con, and while I see some sites saying that's the 4 Avatar sets, that would A) be a disappointing theme (to me), and B) already fall under Disney, which is where they've put the one set with images. So was wondering if I missed something about an actual new theme. I'd be disappointed if the Icons re-branding was it too, since I don't feel that a re-branding of mostly existing sets counts as "new".

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 19, 2022

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The real reason you need that set is to build yourself a Krakenator!

you have instructions for this? i'm gonna open the 3 in 1 today with my kid

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

HootTheOwl posted:

A lot of you are dissing my guy Captain Boatsuit she I think you need to rethink your choices.

I never really buy CMF and I love that one, might even have to pull out my finest jorts and try to feel for it.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

mastershakeman posted:

you have instructions for this? i'm gonna open the 3 in 1 today with my kid

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-80707/mattking4/the-krakenator/#details

Also check out ALL the alt builds for that set, there are so many and a lot of them are fantastic! People are still submitting alt builds every now and then for it despite it being 2+ years old now.

Edit: Although so far The Krakenator has been the final form of mine, I can't bear to take it apart.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

reminds me, I need to take apart the 3in1 townhouse/candy shop from last year and build it into a house interior

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
The City Gardens that I ordered on the Forest Hideout release night just got delivered to my place with a big ol puncture that went through the outer pack, the ninjago box, then the white box inside, and just stopping on the unscratched and intact instruction packet (stickers were on the safe side anyway). Called Lego support, confirmed that I still had all of the bags and base plates, and chose $30 in VIP points over getting a new one sent to me. Talk about going from worried to extremely happy in 20 minutes.

And this is on the day after I spent all of my points discounting the space ships :getin:

Cojawfee posted:

Why did you have to tell me this? It's literally a viper. I have to get it now.

I am so stoked to finally have had a good reason to pick it up. It was pretty much an instabuy for me when it first got shown off and then the reviews kept singing praise; I think I remember at least one youtuber saying that it's by far the best ship in years, perhaps even ever.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The 3in1 shark really is great, just built it. I didn't know what to make of the eye part until finally figuring it out and was really impressed

Can't wait to do the other versions but have to fight my kid for that

Edit he's obsessed

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 20, 2022

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm not usually one of those complainers about Lego costs but how in the hell is this set $90? They must know they have us obsessive Iron Man collectors by the nose. I have the Mark 3 & Mark 85 already but the new ones come with different helmets. I think I can get over that and just focus on the Mark models versus the different variations but it comes with Whiplash so I'm stuck between buying the set or just the minifigs.
https://brickset.com/sets/76216-1/Iron-Man-Armory

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

tomapot posted:

I'm not usually one of those complainers about Lego costs but how in the hell is this set $90? They must know they have us obsessive Iron Man collectors by the nose. I have the Mark 3 & Mark 85 already but the new ones come with different helmets. I think I can get over that and just focus on the Mark models versus the different variations but it comes with Whiplash so I'm stuck between buying the set or just the minifigs.
https://brickset.com/sets/76216-1/Iron-Man-Armory
drat. I'd even be complaining at $70. Maybe $60 would feel... understandable, given Marvel tax / quantity of minifigs?

Anyway, here's a car. Saw a Plymouth Prowler in town the other a day, a car I had previously written off as "probably not doable in 6-wide" due to its weird wedgey/curvy shape, but I was feeling inspired by the brand new 80177 and 80178 wedges, which appear in unprinted purple in a new Lightyear set.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Carbohydrates posted:

drat. I'd even be complaining at $70. Maybe $60 would feel... understandable, given Marvel tax / quantity of minifigs?

Anyway, here's a car. Saw a Plymouth Prowler in town the other a day, a car I had previously written off as "probably not doable in 6-wide" due to its weird wedgey/curvy shape, but I was feeling inspired by the brand new 80177 and 80178 wedges, which appear in unprinted purple in a new Lightyear set.

I'd totally forgotten about that car, it's one of the few I wanted when I was in high school! Fantastic model!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

mastershakeman posted:

Edit he's obsessed

I don't know what's going on here but I'm going to assume The Krakenator is winning.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
In case you needed an update on the functioning LEGO monitor:

https://twitter.com/ancient_james/status/1538651525945630720

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Moonlight posted:

:master:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Anyone who likes spaceships should check out Monkie Kid's Galactic Explorer - I kind of wrote it off since I wasn't crazy about how it looked on the Lego site, but I built it in Studio over the last few nights and it's actually kind of awesome, it's really bulky for a Lego ship, and has tons of neat build techniques and features. Now I kind of want one, but it's really too big so I'll probably just enjoy the render:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Did Lego Yurop do pre-orders in the past? Like ever?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Anyone who likes spaceships should check out Monkie Kid's Galactic Explorer - I kind of wrote it off since I wasn't crazy about how it looked on the Lego site, but I built it in Studio over the last few nights and it's actually kind of awesome, it's really bulky for a Lego ship, and has tons of neat build techniques and features. Now I kind of want one, but it's really too big so I'll probably just enjoy the render:

Monkie Kid has low key become one of my favourite lines of the last few years. I'm currently finishing up the City of Lanterns, and it's a great build. The general setup is very clever too - it's basically a scaffolding on which you build several separate shops that are more or less modular. It has all the fun small details that I loved about building the Ninjago City Gardens too.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Blue Moonlight posted:

So on the next MArvel Avengers set you'll be able to recreate that famous "he's playing galaga!" sceene!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Just built my Optimus Prime last night and had my first missing part. Was missing a red corner brick (1x2x2 according to Bricks & Pieces) and had an extra grey 2x2 instead.
Thankfully I was able to substitute it with a 2x2 & 1x1 bricks from my parts bin, but I ordered a replacement anyway. No idea if I'll actually go through the effort of putting it in though when I get it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I had another missing part also, in the Saturn V. One of the gray curved pieces that go around the engines. Was replaced with a gray half cone thing, which isn't even a part anywhere in the build.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ChesterJT posted:

Man so many things to buy. Used the Explorer pre-order to get the forest set. Really wish the space and gold coins would come back into stock for the vip rewards.

Yeah... 3 out of the 5 sucks, especially with folks selling the other two for 70$ a pop

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’d more interested in the coins if you could add more than 1 VIP reward to an order at a time. Unfortunately you can’t so even if you get all 5+the case you’d need to make 6 different orders to get them. I mean yeah you can buy something from Bricks and Pieces for a few cents but still what a pain in the rear end

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Another Ghostbusters MOC from yours truly. This time its a ghost trap mounted on a drone copter.

I'm posting this for 2 reasons. 1. I think it turned out well. 2. When one shows up in the next movie I can point to this post and say I had that idea already. Please pardon my dusty Dementor.

Bonus Phoebe and Podcast from Afterlife.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

deoju posted:

Another Ghostbusters MOC from yours truly. This time its a ghost trap mounted on a drone copter.

I'm posting this for 2 reasons. 1. I think it turned out well. 2. When one shows up in the next movie I can point to this post and say I had that idea already.

Ok, quadcopter trap drone is a fantastic idea, and that turned out great! 10/10 fits right into the ghostbuster diy aesthetic

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hey, thanks.

The trans clear dishes work well as spinning props, but the construction hinges on two of these. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=50018d&idColor=0#T=C&C=0

The stuff in this pack are fun to make greeblies and junk with.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=50018#T=C
Seems super weird that they are packed as a bundle like that though. :shrug:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've seen packs like this occasionally, usually with Ninjago sets, often using blades of various kinds. I've only had one set with that particular pack, and the designers seemed to have gone out of their way to make sure it was all used up by the end. A lot of it went into an elaborate circular saw for a burglar, the rest was all used for greebling.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Probe Droid uses those pieces for detailing on the arms too.

Friends has similar packs for marine life, medical accessories, and more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also anytime you get a set with Boba fett it'll come with a pack of clone visors and antennas just so you can attach the antenna to his helmet.

I have no idea what is up with those or why they do it that way tbh.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Has anyone ever made their own fabric capes? If so, what material did you use?
Is it worth doing that vs trying to bricklink a bunch?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

My cat decided she wanted to jump onto a rickety shelf with some Lego on display, and long story short, now I get to rebuild the Tallneck and VW Bus! And figure out which parts go with which. Boy, when Lego models come apart, they explode.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
good lord

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfA16w6JpLQ/?hl=en

Everyone who preordered the 10497 Galaxy Explorer bout to order a second to build a fleet.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Carbohydrates posted:

good lord

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfA16w6JpLQ/?hl=en

Everyone who preordered the 10497 Galaxy Explorer bout to order a second to build a fleet.

Oh gently caress, it builds three? I already felt guilty ordering two to build the one alternate build I knew about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Blue Moonlight posted:

Oh gently caress, it builds three? I already felt guilty ordering two to build the one alternate build I knew about.

Never feel guilty about buying Classic Space.