Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gravitee posted:

Oh I only need like four things today... $374 later I come home with sheets, pillows, sunscreen, 8 bottles of wine, and the four things I came for

The original Costco experience.

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

pentyne posted:

Is Costco no longer carrying other brands of shampoo and conditioner? It seems like all they have is Kirkland stuff.

I just bought Pantene like a month ago, and they had Herbal Essence then too.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Oh for the guy wondering what to do with all that garlic before it goes bad:
fried garlic. Mince it and put it in a pot of oil just covered til golden brown, let cool, parcel into empty pickle jar (s) and refrigerate. Put in everything you need some fried garlic (ramen, pho, thai food). Will keep, but you will eat it because it makes everything taste better.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Enos Cabell posted:

Extremely blessed visit today

Oh hell yes I’ve been missing this!

And the Pendleton picnic blankets are awesome, we’ve taken them on a few campouts already.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yo the porto good as hell

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Review of GourmetNut Power Up Trail Mix variety pack ($4 off):

It really sucks. All three flavors have way too much overly sweet dried fruit.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Michelin windshield wipers that Costco sells can't be beat for the price, but I find they have a pretty high rate of one of them not working properly out of the box. I went to go get a new one today to replace one I bought a month ago, and they were all out of the 22" blades.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

FogHelmut posted:

The Michelin windshield wipers that Costco sells can't be beat for the price, but I find they have a pretty high rate of one of them not working properly out of the box. I went to go get a new one today to replace one I bought a month ago, and they were all out of the 22" blades.

I once bought a set and it was clearly a pair of used wipers that someone had put in the box and returned after switching them out

I tried explaining it to the guy three times but I don't think he understood/believed me and just gave me a refund and set it to go back to the shelves

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

One of my cars needs a 14" and I swear they never have them that small. I would think a lot of rear wipers are small, they should stock it.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Same experience, one of the pair doesn't clear great.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Review of GourmetNut Power Up Trail Mix variety pack ($4 off):

It really sucks. All three flavors have way too much overly sweet dried fruit.

I like them? I like the dark chocolate chunks.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

SirPablo posted:

One of my cars needs a 14" and I swear they never have them that small. I would think a lot of rear wipers are small, they should stock it.

It typically doesn't hurt to go up or down a size. I found that I got better coverage going up a size so that's what I did. As long as it doesn't extend beyond the windshield and scratch paint it's not really an issue

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://youtu.be/mSjrVaysuvk

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Bought the wrong frozen pizza. Rookie mistake.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's like a perfect storm of breadtube voice, condescension, infinite length and wrong opinions

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I love Costco but the Frozen Kirkland Pepperoni Pizza is garbage. This makes me sad.

(Minnesota) Value Brand S-Tier:
Roma (Bernatellos), Jacks (Kraft)

(Minnesota) Premium Brand S-Tier:
Lotta Motzza (Bernatellos); Bellatoria (Bernatellos)

Basically Bernatellos, a high-volume local pizza maker, fuckin owns and 3/5 of their brands on both the low ($2.50/ea) and high end ($7.50/ea) command respect. Jack’s by Kraft is thrown in there because it’s solid and likely a regional brand. Kirkland Frozen might be a good choice if u live in a frozen pizza wasteland.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

FogHelmut posted:

These stink - take the extra 15$ hit and get some bosch icons they're 300% longer lasting and better etc etc

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Slotducks posted:

These stink - take the extra 15$ hit and get some bosch icons they're 300% longer lasting and better etc etc

Yeah Bosch Icons are really great wipers. I've been pretty happy with the ones I bought for my car.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Slotducks posted:

Yeah the Costco wipers aren’t a great deal because they’re dogshit.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DNK posted:

I love Costco but the Frozen Kirkland Pepperoni Pizza is garbage. This makes me sad.

(Minnesota) Value Brand S-Tier:
Roma (Bernatellos), Jacks (Kraft)

(Minnesota) Premium Brand S-Tier:
Lotta Motzza (Bernatellos); Bellatoria (Bernatellos)

Basically Bernatellos, a high-volume local pizza maker, fuckin owns and 3/5 of their brands on both the low ($2.50/ea) and high end ($7.50/ea) command respect. Jack’s by Kraft is thrown in there because it’s solid and likely a regional brand. Kirkland Frozen might be a good choice if u live in a frozen pizza wasteland.

Not even a mention of Heggies, for shame.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I've done full Costco front wiper replacements on both my car and my wife's car and have had no issues whatsoever. YMMV.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Costco wipers are bad. Where do you buy the good ones?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I bought my Bosch Icons on Amazon, but you can also buy them at auto parts stores.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I always buy OEM wipers. On my old car, it was just an insert that you could buy at the dealership part window for $6.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The Bosch icon ones are good, but they never really confirmed to the windshield of my ‘03 accord very well. They’d leave a little streak unwiped.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Eeyo posted:

The Bosch icon ones are good, but they never really confirmed to the windshield of my ‘03 accord very well. They’d leave a little streak unwiped.

Stop making GBS threads on your windshield.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's true the Costco ones only last about 6 months, but also they're extremely cheap.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I wait until the rubber begins to fall off and my wipers look like those inflatable noodle men when I turn them on

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I remember reading a consumer reports many years ago saying it was most cost effective to buy the absolute cheapest blade refills (do they even make these anymore?) and replace them constantly because their garbage quality was priced low enough that you're still saving over the premium brands that only last a bit longer.

I've tried the silicone blades before and they didn't seem to leave a clean result. Left some fog on the windshield. But that was back when I was using RainX fluid. gently caress that stuff. Over time it builds up and makes the wipers eventually less effective. I've managed to strip it all from my car and have never been happier.

Also I live in SoCal and it doesn't rain here anyway, 99% of my windshield wiping is to get the desert dust and soot from the fires off of my windshield.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

FogHelmut posted:

I remember reading a consumer reports many years ago saying it was most cost effective to buy the absolute cheapest blade refills (do they even make these anymore?) and replace them constantly because their garbage quality was priced low enough that you're still saving over the premium brands that only last a bit longer.

Yeah they stopped reviewing blades a long time ago. According to them replacing them regularly (like every 6 months) is the most important part.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
And if you live in a rain zone (Florida) then you use Aquapel as well as keeping up on your wipers. Not rainx, Aquapel.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco blades work like poo poo on my car and are hella streaky. The passenger side one is also a teeny tiny bit too large and bump the frame which wears out the tip really fast. I tried going down a size once but I wasn't a fan.

But really, I haven't liked any non OEM wipers on my car. Last time I was by a Honda dealership I just bought a stack of them and kept them in my trunk.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
now my trunk doesn't open anymore

I need a new car

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renegret posted:

now my trunk doesn't open anymore

I need a new car

Costco can help you there.

Also I just found out Costco offers 15% coupons for dealer service, which I hadn't known about before.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I kept putting off a car purchase because we were trying to buy a home and a new car is one of the stupider things to buy when trying to get a mortgage.

But, uh, I don't think this house thing is happening anymore.

e: also the supply chain issues hosed up cars real bad. My dad just bought a new car. And by "bought" I mean he put in an order in with the dealership and got his name put in a queue, they'll call him back in like 6 months when they have one.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i know theres been plenty of posts about buying appliances from Costco but something I haven't seen - does anybody know what the lead/delivery time is like? I need to buy washer and dryer for the new house (obviously won't order til after we close on the house) and wondering if I should plan for like 2 weeks to get them delivered or just a few days

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It really depends how busy they are. They say to expect 2-3 weeks for delivery but my washer/dryer were delivered in just over a week.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
When people have posted about Costco and getting appliances delivered it hasn't been super positive. I think Costco contracts a lot of that out to third party businesses and it's going to depend on your area for service quality.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Costco still employees an ex roommate of mine at a really well paying job and they paid for his brothers heroin rehab in Florida and he's flourishing now so I can't think of a thing to complain about them which is rare for a company that size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Thwomp posted:

It really depends how busy they are. They say to expect 2-3 weeks for delivery but my washer/dryer were delivered in just over a week.

pentyne posted:

When people have posted about Costco and getting appliances delivered it hasn't been super positive. I think Costco contracts a lot of that out to third party businesses and it's going to depend on your area for service quality.

ok makes sense. guess just I'll see what happens when the time comes