Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Given the bad situation at the end of this chapter I have a feeling Hikari is gonna clutch it out next chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hakari is gonna win but like a true gambler refuses to move on and just keeps on gambling well after the fight ends, forgetting he had things to do.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can absolutely beat Judgeman. Owning up, denying outright, or lying about it are all options. Yuji is tried twice.

First for attending the pachinko parlour while underage. He’s told there is evidence of this but not what it is yet. Itadori lied saying he only went in to do a poo poo. The evidence is a photograph of him at the money exchange desk. This proves he was lying about the poo poo and must be guilty. The money exchange desk is shared with a separate business that it was legal for Yuji to attend. So if he flat out denied attending the parlour the evidence wouldn’t have been able to convict him and he’d have beaten Judgeman.

The second time Yuji’s accused of the mass murder in Shibuya which he just owns up to. Higuarama is shocked by this as he knows the evidence of what Yuji did clearly shows Sukuna is responsible. Presumably that means if Yuji said Sukuna had done it not him he’d have beaten the second round also.

e: my point is that just being guilty of the crime doesn’t mean Judgeman will have unbeatable evidence you did it. Without knowing the evidence while Higuarama does puts you at a disadvantage but you can still beat the case each time I think

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I wanna see Kashimo insist that he didn't murder 20+ people between November 1 to the present, instead they all died because they were struck by lightning while he was nearby. Don't ask why some of them had been impaled by a staff weapon or what appears to be a human fist.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Judgeman is a cool DE but it's essentially just Court themed rock paper scissors

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Given the bad situation at the end of this chapter I have a feeling Hikari is gonna clutch it out next chapter

I’m hoping this is the case. Even without jackpots Hakari has instant heal visual effects in his consecutive effects category. If this is the third kill shot Kashimo has failed to put him down with then lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

You can absolutely beat Judgeman. Owning up, denying outright, or lying about it are all options. Yuji is tried twice.

First for attending the pachinko parlour while underage. He’s told there is evidence of this but not what it is yet. Itadori lied saying he only went in to do a poo poo. The evidence is a photograph of him at the money exchange desk. This proves he was lying about the poo poo and must be guilty. The money exchange desk is shared with a separate business that it was legal for Yuji to attend. So if he flat out denied attending the parlour the evidence wouldn’t have been able to convict him and he’d have beaten Judgeman.

The second time Yuji’s accused of the mass murder in Shibuya which he just owns up to. Higuarama is shocked by this as he knows the evidence of what Yuji did clearly shows Sukuna is responsible. Presumably that means if Yuji said Sukuna had done it not him he’d have beaten the second round also.

e: my point is that just being guilty of the crime doesn’t mean Judgeman will have unbeatable evidence you did it. Without knowing the evidence while Higuarama does puts you at a disadvantage but you can still beat the case each time I think

Yuuji's situation was exceptional for a couple reasons. One is that Yuuji was uniquely capable of fighting back despite having his cursed energy removed (something that no other sorcerer could probably do, so they would have been dead under the same circumstances). The other is that Higuruma was personally moved by Itadori accepting guilt for something he wasn't actually directly guilty of. This wouldn't apply to someone who actually did do the crime and is totally fine with it.

And if "there not being evidence of your crime" protects you from Judgeman, that's not something you really have control over during the battle. Kashimo (and other past sorcerers) might actually be fine against it because of this (since there's a good chance of their crimes having no evidence), but I don't see how you avoid losing if Judgeman actually has evidence of the crime you committed.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I feel Hakari will probably gain some sort of bonus for activating his domain while in a near death state since it fits the gambling with your life on the line theme.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
189 out

I think it's game over for our boy, but I hope he's gained enough of Kashimo's respect to avoid a mutual killing. The best outcome here would be convincing Kashimo to spend his points to set up a rule to move between colonies, going to Tokyo 01 and meeting Higuruma :black101:

Char fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 24, 2022

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Bloo baba indeed

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hakari is ungodly lucky. Moving the barrier was also a great idea.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
this is the first chapter where I can believe the stuff all the other characters say about hakari

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter link

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/2319/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-189?2022-06-24T19

I was kinda losing interest in this fight but god drat these two just completely pump themselves up to kill each other just what I need to get pulled back in.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Bloo Baba

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Bleblo Blo!!!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I want them both to live so fuckin bad.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Story wise kashimo has been set up to be a villain so I think he survives. Hakari’s survival is a coin flip

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Pierson posted:

I want them both to live so fuckin bad.

seems like Kashimo suddenly outputted all his cursed energy to create an explosive electrolysis. Could go both ways, I guess? Also, Panda...!
Anyway, did the team get all the points Megumi thought they'd need? He didn't explain how many rules they needed to add according to his plan, and Higuruma gave away the first 100.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Char posted:

seems like Kashimo suddenly outputted all his cursed energy to create an explosive electrolysis. Could go both ways, I guess? Also, Panda...!
Anyway, did the team get all the points Megumi thought they'd need? He didn't explain how many rules they needed to add according to his plan, and Higuruma gave away the first 100.

I recall Yuta thinking they need 400 points.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I recall Yuta thinking they need 400 points.

Yeah, same.
And Higuruma gave the first 100, Megumi got another 40 from Reggie, and Yuta got 200. The team doesn't actually need Kashimo's 100.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus Christ what an absolute barnstormer. I loved that it pushed both of them even further beyond. Hakari moving his barrier was such a clutch move and Kashimo using a really intelligent application of lightning was insanely cool. Just makes them both seem incredibly cool and not just because of an OP ability. I think Kashimo definitely gets back up after this depleted of energy but I have no idea if Hakari does. I think even with a loss Hakari won't die here but I think Kashimo walks away regardless.

Even so I can't believe how many more deaths he popped back from lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWYSH4_KRQ

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

local hoodlum too lucky to die

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh good, they did leave the note about 潜伏確変 or "Hidden Probability Shift". I'm surprised how much SJ is letting Gege promote Pachinko in the magazine since I believe at least his first editor was against it. I'm also learning a fair amount of how at least this style of machine works because I wasn't expecting Hakari to get a jackpot here, much less one without using any visual presentations to initiate. But the way it's setup, if he gets a jackpot on odd numbers it always results in the probability change mode. A jackpot on evens results in the next round being just time reduction but there's still a % chance of getting probability change with that although it's hidden to both him and his opponent until the lights start going off.

Not only that but I'm also surprised that Hakari could change the physical location of his domain. Never considered that an option since everyone just leaves there's in a fixed spot.

Fake edit: I'm also not going to miss Gege giving a nod to Hunter x Hunter with the idea of an opponent staying underwater but using their ability to poison their opponent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Not only that but I'm also surprised that Hakari could change the physical location of his domain. Never considered that an option since everyone just leaves there's in a fixed spot.

ishigori and Ryu moved their barrier before it collapsed to try and avoid Rika. The rest of the time there has been little point in moving one.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 26, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i want kashimo to join the team. "there is a guy even stronger than sukuna but geto locked him up. help us free him and you can fight him"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

ishigori and Ryu moved their barrier before it collapsed to try and avoid Rika. The rest of the time there has been little point in moving one.

Funny enough I didn't register that their three way domain moved into the air. Although it didn't move because of Rika, she'd already been knocked back by Ryu and all they needed was time to complete the barrier before she could just float in. As for why their domain elevated itself, it looked really cool when everyone was falling back to earth and I think they knew that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funny enough I didn't register that their three way domain moved into the air. Although it didn't move because of Rika, she'd already been knocked back by Ryu and all they needed was time to complete the barrier before she could just float in. As for why their domain elevated itself, it looked really cool when everyone was falling back to earth and I think they knew that.

Remember people outside can break into Domains. They probably wanted it to be even farther away from Rika.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh good, they did leave the note about 潜伏確変 or "Hidden Probability Shift". I'm surprised how much SJ is letting Gege promote Pachinko in the magazine since I believe at least his first editor was against it. I'm also learning a fair amount of how at least this style of machine works because I wasn't expecting Hakari to get a jackpot here, much less one without using any visual presentations to initiate. But the way it's setup, if he gets a jackpot on odd numbers it always results in the probability change mode. A jackpot on evens results in the next round being just time reduction but there's still a % chance of getting probability change with that although it's hidden to both him and his opponent until the lights start going off.

Fake edit: I'm also not going to miss Gege giving a nod to Hunter x Hunter with the idea of an opponent staying underwater but using their ability to poison their opponent.

To be fair, this doesn't exactly present pachinko in the most positive light; Hakari's favorite machine is aggressively stupid and obtuse.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Remember people outside can break into Domains. They probably wanted it to be even farther away from Rika.

I think the moving of the domain is unrelated to Rika. Uro notes that Rika is just going to break in sooner or later and Ryu wants to end things fast. As a reader we also know that Yuta is on a timer and that Rika can fly pretty quickly so being a dozen feet off the ground isn't really an advantage. The narrator stipulates that both Ryu and Uro were only concerned with making sure Rika was outside the domain before the barrier was finished, and that the 20 meters she'd been blown back was sufficient that they didn't need anything special.

I'd also assume that with 2/3 of this domain expansion wanting to keep Rika out as a condition, it would explain why Kurourushi made it in so easily. Assuming the barrier wasn't fully complete when he broke in but it appears it was mostly fully formed by that point.

I Am Fowl posted:

To be fair, this doesn't exactly present pachinko in the most positive light; Hakari's favorite machine is aggressively stupid and obtuse.
I mean, I'm no stranger to really dumb gambling games with lots of flash but no real substance. I'm sure some readers just see Hakari jamming out to his favorite anime OP and getting lucky all the time to style on his opponents.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jose posted:

i want kashimo to join the team. "there is a guy even stronger than sukuna but geto locked him up. help us free him and you can fight him"

“Bro you could definitely take him, just help us out”

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Historians hate it! 17th century wizard figures out secret of "electrolysis" 200 years before the term was invented. Click here to learn more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember Kashimo got all of his hosts modern knowledge. So he knows about stuff like Manga, Pachinko, and weird science stuff.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Remember Kashimo got all of his hosts modern knowledge. So he knows about stuff like Manga, Pachinko, and weird science stuff.

I don't remember that but I sincerely appreciate the reminder.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It would be cool for one of the ancient sorcerors to get addicted to gambling and fast food like all those Amish who go on rumspringa

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The big bad with the stitched up skull is like "NO! You were supposed to kill everyone in this colony!" "Man, have you ever eaten a dorito? Or pizza? OR ICE CREAM?!"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm reminded of a YA series called animorphs where alien centaurs that didn't have mouths transformed into humans and realized that Cinnabon was like crack to them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I Am Fowl posted:

The big bad with the stitched up skull is like "NO! You were supposed to kill everyone in this colony!" "Man, have you ever eaten a dorito? Or pizza? OR ICE CREAM?!"

the amount of extreme nacho cheese flavor in a flavor blasted Dorito would have the same impact as 100 black flashes directly to kashimos head were he to try one

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jerkface posted:

the amount of extreme nacho cheese flavor in a flavor blasted Dorito would have the same impact as 100 black flashes directly to kashimos head were he to try one

Lol but yea this is what I wanna see

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EmmyOk posted:

It would be cool for one of the ancient sorcerors to get addicted to gambling and fast food like all those Amish who go on rumspringa

Haruo from kengan was a great example of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
We did have receipts guy going all out with all those sweet modern products.