Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Someone mentioned seeing the Tallneck at Target. I just checked and it is available online at Target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw somewhere there was supposed to be 2x points starting tomorrow. Until the new sets release in July.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I’m sure the system just puts the reason in all caps or whatever, but I’m choosing to pretend that the clerk was just so exasperated with the return that they entered it that way.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waltzing Along posted:

I saw somewhere there was supposed to be 2x points starting tomorrow. Until the new sets release in July.

2x points are live in Australia at the moment so it's possible other countries will get them too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, they are definitely active now. And Optimus Prime is up for anyone looking. Too bad it's not going to be good on the 1st when the Loop is alive.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

uXs posted:

My wishlist is almost 4000€.

So just the castle then? :cheeky:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
TEN castles!

Ah ah ah!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I noticed the Daily Bugle is out of stock on the site, but it IS available at my local store… should I be worried about finding these in the future? Just trying to measure if I want but it now or not

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

drat it, I bought the Creator Noodle Shop yesterday.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Finally got bit by reddish brown fragility by trying to pull a 1x2 off this plate.

(from the samba vw set)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also my forest hideout showed up today, I'm just staring at the box because those old box designs make me feel like a kid again. I almost don't wanna open it.

(at least it's got the tape seals and not the perforated tabs, for those that care about box preservation)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

xzzy posted:

Also my forest hideout showed up today, I'm just staring at the box because those old box designs make me feel like a kid again. I almost don't wanna open it.

(at least it's got the tape seals and not the perforated tabs, for those that care about box preservation)

I have a solution for you. Don't open it.

What? Crazy, I know. But the real kicker is on Aug. 1 you order the castle. And you get a 2nd forest hideout. And then you can open that one.

Win win!

Oooooooh yeah!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Cooked Auto posted:

So just the castle then? :cheeky:

Castle, modulars, the Titanic, some creator expert cars, ...

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

They will be stocking the formula 1 mclaren again at some point, correct?

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Since they were being retired I bought 12 bags of LEGO Muppets minifigs. I got six Honeydews and five Beakers out of 12 bags. :denmark:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

First of May posted:

Since they were being retired I bought 12 bags of LEGO Muppets minifigs. I got six Honeydews and five Beakers out of 12 bags. :denmark:

Sounds like a great deal. I mean, just getting one beaker would have been worth it. But 5? That's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQj2NP25TIo

^^^ in case you don't get the reference.

First of May
May 1, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

Sounds like a great deal. I mean, just getting one beaker would have been worth it. But 5? That's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQj2NP25TIo

^^^ in case you don't get the reference.

The Beakers are great, it's the 50% Honeydew I don't care for, just like a cheap fruit salad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WHEN IS THE DELOREAN GOING TO BE BACK IN STOCK YOU JACKASSES

I've been on the notify list since the day it was released and it apparently has never come back into stock.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 25, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I've been on the notify list since the day it was released and it apparently has never come back into stock.

I can't even join the notify list because it's currently full.

First of May
May 1, 2017

bird with big dick posted:

Same. The plutonium brick must be very hard to source.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finished the Tallneck and wow. What an incredible set. One of the best builds and display pieces Lego has done imo.

Also the price point is so low it's crazy. Maybe I'm just too used to the Star Wars tax but I feel like it could have been $50 more and people still would have bought it. It's pretty drat big. But for $80? what a steal. Probably the best value since Ninjago City.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

First of May posted:

Same. The plutonium brick must be very hard to source.

Do you know how hard it is to scam that many Libyans with pinball MOCs?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you got a lego store you can get to I'd suggest swinging by whenever you can. If you can learn their normal delivery day that helps too.

But they like to keep stores stocked so I imagine most stuff off the assembly line goes there before it shows up at the online store.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
You should probably call or check the stock online before going out to a Lego store for the set. The Lego website's Check Store Stock feature seems to have a solidly fast refresh rate, the Time Machine flipped to out of stock within a couple hours of when I got my copy. I also haven't seen it pop back into stock at either of my local stores, which I'll admit that I've only been checking because I've been thinking about selling it while it's still rareish.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

First of May posted:

The Beakers are great, it's the 50% Honeydew I don't care for, just like a cheap fruit salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmke7G3ccjo

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Does anyone know where to get those little $4.99 packs of Classic stuff in different colors? All I’ve seen at the store now is blue and Red is $20 on Amazon now. I should have bought them when I had the chance but my son wasn’t into Legos and now he is. He flew past Dulpo, he’s only 3 and a half. 🥺

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
speaking of Duplo, my 18 month old niece is super into the figures at the moment, and my SIL would really like to get some more diversity into their collection; mainly modern style jointed duplo figures of different races, and female duplo figures with various jobs (firefighters and doctors and such). What would be the best place to find a good selection for a reasonable price (UK based ideally)?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Does anyone know where to get those little $4.99 packs of Classic stuff in different colors? All I’ve seen at the store now is blue and Red is $20 on Amazon now. I should have bought them when I had the chance but my son wasn’t into Legos and now he is. He flew past Dulpo, he’s only 3 and a half. 🥺

I am also kinda kicking myself for not picking up one of each of those but I never did since they didn't seem to have quite enough parts to just jam stuff with from one set. I think only Blue and White are fairly recent, with White being the newer of the two, I think Green was the one before. Some are still available on the web site:
- Blue https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/creative-blue-bricks-11006
- White https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/creative-white-bricks-11012

There's lots of other Classic bricks boxes with different themes that look cool though:
- Kind of one step up in parts from those tiny one color sets, with monsters https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/creative-monsters-11017
- Ocean mini builds https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/creative-ocean-fun-11018
- Lots of cool transparent parts (but not all transparent) https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/creative-transparent-bricks-11013
- Lots of wheels https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bricks-and-wheels-11014
- The 90th anniversary Classic set https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/90-years-of-play-11021

Coming soon:
- Space themed https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/space-mission-11022

Myself, I am a total shill for the IKEA/LEGO crossover set, BYGGLEK:
- https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bygglek-201-piece-lego-r-brick-set-mixed-colors-30455758/

If you live near an IKIEA, I highly highly highly recommend that set, it is so versatile. Downsides are no wheels and no eye tiles.

I have been thinking about buying the Monster set, it looks like a fun set of parts.

Edit: IRL I have seen the Blue set at Walgreens and the White set at Target in the last two months while out on other business. But not a lot of either. Web is your best bet. The Monster and Ocean classic sets are common at Walmarts right now. GO TO IKEA.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Fatkraken posted:

speaking of Duplo, my 18 month old niece is super into the figures at the moment, and my SIL would really like to get some more diversity into their collection; mainly modern style jointed duplo figures of different races, and female duplo figures with various jobs (firefighters and doctors and such). What would be the best place to find a good selection for a reasonable price (UK based ideally)?

You want this, but I have no idea how to buy one at a decent price. Bricklink lists one seller from Germany:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=45030-1#T=I

Also there are some amazing animal and landscape sets coming out this summer.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 26, 2022

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

If you are in the pnw bi-mart has tons of the blue and green sets.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
High quality images of Collectible Minifigures Series 23

They all look pretty good but the ship captain is a must have if you own the Titanic

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just got a Tallneck, can't wait to crack it open!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I like the cardboard robot.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

RatHat posted:

High quality images of Collectible Minifigures Series 23

They all look pretty good but the ship captain is a must have if you own the Titanic

Oops! All COSTUMES

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Coming out in September. October is Halloween. Maybe they are wearing Halloween costumes? Cool Halloween costumes. Cool Halloween costumes for a great series 23.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oops! All COSTUMES

Isn't that every minifig in Lego's history? A yellow person in a costume? What difference does it make if it's printed on the body or an over-body piece?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ChesterJT posted:

Isn't that every minifig in Lego's history? A yellow person in a costume? What difference does it make if it's printed on the body or an over-body piece?

I just think it’s kinda funny how the costumed minifigs used to be a one-per-wave thing and now we’re getting a wave that’s almost entirely costumes.

No reason to jump to Lego’s defense or anything :confused:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I am not a minifig collector; why are those costumes bad, please? Is it about maintaining the purity of the minifig design? :confused:

I'm not being facetious here, I genuinely do not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I can sort of get it - they tend to be designs that only really make sense in a costume party vignette or carnival or something, and the new molds can edge into “Mario pants” territory sometimes.

At the same time, I genuinely grin every time I see this guy on my keychain, so I have to encourage LEGO to try to capture that lightning in a bottle a second time: