Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rexxed posted:

Yeah, I'm only assuming they made a huge amount of these, but it makes sense with all of the disinfectant fogging that was going on initially. The reviews hit at the end of October 2020 and the product description has:

Also here was the Ryobi video for it which kind of speaks for its use case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-JMtFwHRhs

It's a neat product that just had a limited use case. Ryobi probably figured in early 2020 every business that had people come through would be using these daily. It can still spread water based stuff around a wide area effectively but they point out it's not for paint and it's not for pesticides, there's other products that work for those.

Paint- No
Pesticides- No
Pandemic- YES!
Mosh Pit fogging- YES!

fakedit- I have no idea what a mosh pit is or its function

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I have three of these things (DTO wouldn't let you NOT get one with each tool in your order over the winter) so if someone comes up with something useful to do with them, I'm all ears.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

stealie72 posted:

I have three of these things (DTO wouldn't let you NOT get one with each tool in your order over the winter) so if someone comes up with something useful to do with them, I'm all ears.

I hear if you get 5 of them you can join them together like zords and finally realize its Ultimate form

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

I hear if you get 5 of them you can join them together like zords and finally realize its Ultimate form
Coolcoolcool. Does that then do anything useful?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Mr. Mambold posted:

fakedit- I have no idea what a mosh pit is or its function

It's where you might store a combination of barley and wheat during the brewing or distilling process.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

stealie72 posted:

Coolcoolcool. Does that then do anything useful?

Well I think then you have to collect 5 of the Ultimate form, and then you can join them together again so its Omega Ultimate form can be realized

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

stealie72 posted:

Put vape juice in it

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Well I think then you have to collect 5 of the Ultimate form, and then you can join them together again so its Omega Ultimate form can be realized
OK, this is starting to sound like how you get a large prize at a carnival game, and I'm out. I emphatically do not need a 3 foot tall slightly lumpy unlicensed spongebob squarepants.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Rexxed posted:

Yeah, I'm only assuming they made a huge amount of these, but it makes sense with all of the disinfectant fogging that was going on initially. The reviews hit at the end of October 2020 and the product description has:

Also here was the Ryobi video for it which kind of speaks for its use case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-JMtFwHRhs

It's a neat product that just had a limited use case. Ryobi probably figured in early 2020 every business that had people come through would be using these daily. It can still spread water based stuff around a wide area effectively but they point out it's not for paint and it's not for pesticides, there's other products that work for those.

This thing looks like it would be really nice for watering plants and keeping people cool in the summer provided you didn't ever put anything in it but water

Speaking of keeping people cool in the summer...

Makita Tool Review: DFJ212Z // DFJ304Z Cordless Fan Jacket

These are the dumbest things I have ever purchased. A few different SKUs of cordless fan jackets are being bulk sold on clearance on ebay right now, I ended up with four jackets and two power sources for about a hundred dollars shipped from the UK. It was an opportunity to collect a few more Makimon that I couldn't pass up, and I was legitimately curious if these would be functional or just a dumb gimmick in Oklahoma's ridiculous summer heat

DFJ304Z is a cotton jacket with two non-brushless fans; they're kinda big, and it's kinda uncomfortable to wear. It performed decently well in my garage on a summer day, it's pretty lightweight, has a ton of pockets and a high collar. Not a lot of frills otherwise. This one seems to be an older model and it kinda sucks? Not gonna lie, don't buy this.

DFJ212Z, despite the lower model number, is brushless and better designed? I'm assuming it's a later model or a higher end product. It's a high-vis polyester jacket, the fans are attached to an inner liner that fills with air rather than the air blowing directly into the jacket. I went out the other day and did yardwork for about an hour in 108 degree summer heat and while my brain screamed at me to get the coat off the entire time, it was very effective at actually keeping me cool. The fans fill the liner with a pocket of air that's about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than the outside air, and the jacket reflects a lot of sunlight without exposing skin to sunburn. If you walk into a cool, air-conditioned area, it's extra refreshing. If you take it off while you're outside in a super hot area, you will immediately notice how much it was keeping you cool. This is kinda what I was hoping this product would be. It's not going to make living in a super hot area tolerable, but it might be worth picking one of these up if you can get it for cheap

edit: i'm gonna buy that fuckin coffee maker some day

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 27, 2022

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I might try a goon Sriracha? mixture to discourage squirrels from invading my peach and pear trees.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mirthless posted:

This thing looks like it would be really nice for watering plants and keeping people cool in the summer provided you didn't ever put anything in it but water
Ooh, speaking of Ryobi and Keeping things cool in the summer:

The Ryobi bucket-top misting fan is loving fantastic, especially if you get it for 30 bucks because DTO is blowing out tools.
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PMF01B

Used it while working outside the first day it was 90 this summer and standing in front of it for 30 seconds was life giving.

Took it to my kid's little league game when it was 90+ and they were in a brick and metal dugout and most of the team spent their off-field time huddled in front of it. A 5 gallon bucket of water lasted the entire game and probably had a gallon left in the bottom.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I have the Ryobi ONE+ hybrid fan blowing in my garage/woodworking space and that thing is a beast. I think it even moves more air than its Milwaukee counterpart. It also eats batteries for lunch so maybe use it with a power cord.

Kickass for only ~$50

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Mr. Mambold posted:

I might try a goon Sriracha? mixture to discourage squirrels from invading my peach and pear trees.

Hmm. I wonder if it could apply a Bobbex repellent solution. Wolf and cougar urine can't be that far from water, can they? Couldn't be any more hazardous to your happiness level when the wind shifts than a regular sprayer.

Could also collect a bunch then resell them along with 20 litre containers of Bobbex to the city of Chilliwack as an alternative to dumping chicken manure on homeless camps.

stealie72 posted:

Ooh, speaking of Ryobi and Keeping things cool in the summer:

The Ryobi bucket-top misting fan is loving fantastic, especially if you get it for 30 bucks because DTO is blowing out tools.
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PMF01B

Used it while working outside the first day it was 90 this summer and standing in front of it for 30 seconds was life giving.

Took it to my kid's little league game when it was 90+ and they were in a brick and metal dugout and most of the team spent their off-field time huddled in front of it. A 5 gallon bucket of water lasted the entire game and probably had a gallon left in the bottom.

I had no idea that existed. My wife could use one for her special olympics activities. I'll have to see if it's available in :canada:.

Something like that could be lifesaving when working with homeless and marginalized people during a heatwave. I doubt you could sell that idea to Chilliwack.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

I. M. Gei posted:

I have the Ryobi ONE+ hybrid fan blowing in my garage/woodworking space and that thing is a beast. I think it even moves more air than its Milwaukee counterpart. It also eats batteries for lunch so maybe use it with a power cord.

Kickass for only ~$50

Can confirm. They were the only fans available two days after the heat dome hit us last summer. Very useful.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Kickass for only ~$50

This thing: https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/33287163298
I was just marveling because I used it on low for 2 overnights (so like 15-16 hours) on one 4 AH battery. I'd imagine high eats a lot of juice though.

That same fan in a different bracket is available as an add-on for their garage door opener, and having one pointed at my workbench is immensely helpful in the summer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Don't mind me, just printing out all these endorsements for Ryobi's fan products as proof for my partner that we need them. All of them!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

stealie72 posted:

This thing: https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/33287163298
I was just marveling because I used it on low for 2 overnights (so like 15-16 hours) on one 4 AH battery. I'd imagine high eats a lot of juice though.

Yeah that's the one.

I also have the small clip-on one for my table saw and I like that one a lot too. Doesn't move as much air, obv, but batteries last a hell of a lot longer in it even on the high setting.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Looking for a cordless vacuum specifically to suck up the mountains of loose dog hair that gets left by my two monsters. I am not tied down to a tool brand. Any suggestions? Preferably I'd like to spend less than hundreds of dollars, but I can be convinced to spend more if said vacuum holds up to the insidious and destructive nature of dog fur.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

El Jebus posted:

Looking for a cordless vacuum specifically to suck up the mountains of loose dog hair that gets left by my two monsters. I am not tied down to a tool brand. Any suggestions? Preferably I'd like to spend less than hundreds of dollars, but I can be convinced to spend more if said vacuum holds up to the insidious and destructive nature of dog fur.

I use this DeWalt 1/2 gallon for cleaning up after my toddlers and it works great:
https://smile.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCV517B-Baretool-Cordless-Portable/dp/B01CKIZ8BA

Here's a 2-gallon one if that isn't big enough:
https://smile.amazon.com/Dewalt-DCV580H-Cordless-Wet-Dry-Vacuum/dp/B00CP8DF3O

For dog hair, I just use a self-emptying Roomba i8+. i8+ is just an i7, but the Costco SKU. They usually go on sale everywhere around holidays.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just gonna cross post this additional endorsement of the team green fan:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

El Jebus posted:

Makita has a beast (2x18V) of a cordless vacuum that is honestly not that expensive compared to a lifestyle brand equivalent.
But that still doesn't align with not spending hundreds of dollars.

Have a look at DVC660ZX1 if you dare

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

devmd01 posted:

That's a good dog.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I use this DeWalt 1/2 gallon for cleaning up after my toddlers and it works great:
https://smile.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCV517B-Baretool-Cordless-Portable/dp/B01CKIZ8BA

Here's a 2-gallon one if that isn't big enough:
https://smile.amazon.com/Dewalt-DCV580H-Cordless-Wet-Dry-Vacuum/dp/B00CP8DF3O

For dog hair, I just use a self-emptying Roomba i8+. i8+ is just an i7, but the Costco SKU. They usually go on sale everywhere around holidays.

I use the 2-gallon one for my husky and...it's okay. She is extremely A Husky and she can clog it sometimes. I've taken instead to carting around a little steel-can Hart I got from Walmart for like $30 at Black Friday at the end of an extension cord, but my dog is an extreme case.

MrAmazing
Jun 21, 2005

tracecomplete posted:

I use the 2-gallon one for my husky and...it's okay. She is extremely A Husky and she can clog it sometimes. I've taken instead to carting around a little steel-can Hart I got from Walmart for like $30 at Black Friday at the end of an extension cord, but my dog is an extreme case.

I have an elk hound (kind of like a husky that wants to be a linebacker) and my wife and I bought robot vacuum - probably the best thing that happened to our marriage.

We take the dog out and turn it on, come back to a clean place.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah our Roomba owns for our loaf of a black lab. I have to clean the rollers out once a week or so, but other than that, it’s great.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

DeWalt hand helds!

Ooo, those look right up my alley. Cheaper than the cordless LG vacuum at Costco, too...

We do have a roomba, but we have 2 very shedding dogs (both are Husky adjecent) and the roomba is good but not great. I feel like I have to spend more time making sure it gets back to the charger, I have to empty it mid runs, and then I have to move it to new rooms constantly and it makes me want 2 more roombas or just one nice hand held that I can use to spot check.

~Coxy posted:

Makita has a beast (2x18V) of a cordless vacuum

Pretty sure I'm gonna avoid a backpack vacuum, but that does seem neat.

tracecomplete posted:

Hmm, unfortunately that is what I am dealing with, along with carting a 5 gallon shop vac around the house just to make a path. The Akita mix apparently likes to dump her entire coat twice a year for a month and the Husky mix is just a constant fur clump machine. I think I am going to end up spending hundreds if I am going to solve this puzzle.

Figure I should pay a dog tax...

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 28, 2022

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

El Jebus posted:

We do have a roomba, but we have 2 very shedding dogs (both are Husky adjecent) and the roomba is good but not great. I feel like I have to spend more time making sure it gets back to the charger, I have to empty it mid runs, and then I have to move it to new rooms constantly and it makes me want 2 more roombas or just one nice hand held that I can use to spot check.

Would highly recommend one of the floor-mapping and self-emptying Roombas. The self-emptying is such a massive quality of life improvement over the manual empty ones. I have to change the bag in the tower like once every 3-4 months. And if it runs out of charge, they go back to the dock, charge up what’s needed, and finishes the job. It’s a night and day difference over my old dumb 600-series pet edition I bought a decade ago.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

devmd01 posted:

My wife essentially bought the fan for me over my objections like some kind of lummox sitcom dad. I was like "I don't need a fan, I'm never going to use it."

And now it comes with me on pretty much every job from may till October.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The gfci outlets on a miller bobcat 260 went out. Can I just stick normal gfci outlets in there till the replacements from miller get here?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Guyver posted:

The gfci outlets on a miller bobcat 260 went out. Can I just stick normal gfci outlets in there till the replacements from miller get here?

....I would do this so........probably wait.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

MrAmazing posted:

I have an elk hound (kind of like a husky that wants to be a linebacker) and my wife and I bought robot vacuum - probably the best thing that happened to our marriage.

We take the dog out and turn it on, come back to a clean place.

Mine is actually part Norwegian elkhound. The shedding part, mostly. Lady's p. small (see avatar). But my house also has really adventurous floors. I will eventually place sufficient transitions (which is to say, "any") in the hardwood that a Roomba can traverse them. I haven't gotten there yet.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Guyver posted:

Post a picture but I'll bet you :10bux: they're nothing special.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

https://www.millerwelds.com/accessories/engine-drive-accessories/bobcat-trailblazer-gfci-receptables-300975

The machine is on a barge at the moment so no pictures of that right now but those are the replacements.

I could probably make up the wires easy enough.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Those look like big standard gfci to me.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Guyver posted:

https://www.millerwelds.com/accessories/engine-drive-accessories/bobcat-trailblazer-gfci-receptables-300975

The machine is on a barge at the moment so no pictures of that right now but those are the replacements.

I could probably make up the wires easy enough.

What's their amperage rating, do you know? If they're typical household (what is it, 15A?) those are ridiculous.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
They've got the outlet shape that indicates 20 amp, so you'd want to get 20 amp GFCI rather than 15 amp. I'd also see what labels, if any, you can make out on the broken outlets to see what they say about amperage.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

tfw Home Depot accidentally gives you two Toughbuilt sawhorses for the price of one :cawg:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

tater_salad posted:

Those look like big standard gfci to me.

On one hand, they're literally branded as Hubbell, so they're definitely not custom-made by Miller.

On the other hand, the one thing weirding me out is that the pins are right at the absolute edge of the plastic, which is unlike Hubbell's typical GFCI outlets. They're also non-tamper-resistant, though that doesn't matter beyond being possible evidence that these are a custom product made by Hubbell for Miller, and at that point I wouldn't put it past them to make the faceplate just a few mm smaller than typical Decora outlets just to make poo poo difficult.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Found something close https://www.hubbell.com/hubbell/en/...2SGBK/p/2608696

E: This one is likely as close as it gets (black, 20 amp, weather resistant) : https://www.hubbell.com/hubbell/en/...Black/p/1725628

deimos fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Nope, miller isn't even using the weather resistant version, here you go, :20bux: https://www.cooper-electric.com/product/detail/1031709/hubbell-wiring-device-gfrst20bk