Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

speng31b posted:

the plot of bioshock, but the guy just wanted to make a cool underwater abortion clinic

plasmids are just stem cells and lsd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Is a man entitled to the fruit of his loins? YES says the man in Washington.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

what was even supposed to be the plan here, its not like federal buildings are on some sovereign soil free from state laws. ive seen liberals talk about this like we could start building clinics in national parks lol. the less said about moving into tribal land the better.
I think the idea is some people want democrats to break the law because it is fake

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They sent out Kamala to be the buzzkill on the "set up abortion clinics on federal land" idea.
https://www.businessinsider.com/wh-isnt-discussing-abortion-clinics-on-federal-land-vp-harris-2022-6

loving lol

"In terms of the states, we also have to recognize that we are 130 odd days away from an election, which is going to include Senate races"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

what was even supposed to be the plan here, its not like federal buildings are on some sovereign soil free from state laws. ive seen liberals talk about this like we could start building clinics in national parks lol. the less said about moving into tribal land the better.

I mean huge amounts of the western US are in fact federal land, and state legal jurisdiction on those lands is essentially up to the federal government.

If the government had any balls and wanted to troll the gently caress out of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and South Dakota, it's technically possible.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Like look at this map. Half these states aren't even real (especially Wyoming)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Willy Wonka but hunting for the golden ticket to the abortion factory in packs of plan b

speng31b
May 8, 2010

In a woooooooorld of pure abortifacient

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Every abortion clinic is already on tribal land

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dog Case posted:

Every abortion clinic is already on tribal land

worldstar.gif

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gonna be a lot more white women citing peepaw's cheekbones on their tribal paperwork

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Most of that poo poo out west is places you'd die of thirst if your car broke down

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm just impressed that liberals are thinking of things they can do instead of rationalizing why they can't do anything.

yeah the “clinics on federal land” thing is pretty dumb but at least it’s something. “vote” isn’t a solution.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I think it’d be baller as gently caress to start using military bases to provide abortions. As a side benefit you wouldnt have the clinic protesters. Lots of evil poo poo on those bases so we can do some good

the white hand posted:

Most of that poo poo out west is places you'd die of thirst if your car broke down

Lmao :wrong:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think it’d be baller as gently caress to start using military bases to provide abortions. As a side benefit you wouldnt have the clinic protesters. Lots of evil poo poo on those bases so we can do some good

the military doctors and nurses can just refuse to do it and their superiors would have to take it. see: refusing COVID vaccines. I really don’t think this plan has legs.

the American military has already been brought to its knees by the Chinese.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HashtagGirlboss posted:

you're right some of it is huge mountain ranges

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mawarannahr posted:

the military doctors and nurses can just refuse to do it and their superiors would have to take it. see: refusing COVID vaccines. I really don’t think this plan has legs.

can they? the problem is that it would be the president reallocating military funding to something unrelated to the original purpose, in this case it would be providing abortions? trump did it with his dumbass wall. you could let the already operating clinics operate on the bases and hire them all as military contractors, that might work.

there are probably a million things the executive could do but the biggest problem with them all is that joe biden isn't going to do any of them. he's not going to do anything at all, ever, about anything

Morbus
May 18, 2004

the white hand posted:

Most of it is just NFS/BLM land. That those lands have somehow managed to be held as public after being stolen from the Indians, and not turned into a giant turd like every square km east of the Rockies, is the only good thing this country has ever done.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Morbus posted:

Most of it is just NFS/BLM land. That those lands have somehow managed to be held as public after being stolen from the Indians, and not turned into a giant turd like every square km east of the Rockies, is the only good thing this country has ever done.

the prophet cliven bundy is right, we should close them off to everyone except those who own 6 seater polaris ATVs

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not a weird belief. The objective is to control women through forced reproduction. Once a woman is pregnant then she can be forced back into a life of domesticity, because you've set up society to despise single mothers already. If your girlfriend is getting a little too out of line or you think it's not working out, just get her rear end pregnant and pressure her into marriage.

also they want more children to rape, pimp out, or marry out like the mormons do. i wish this were a dark, sarcastic joke but it isn't.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

the country must secure its baby supply for the quiverfull adoption market.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
haha it's so hosed up

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Stereotype posted:

can they? the problem is that it would be the president reallocating military funding to something unrelated to the original purpose, in this case it would be providing abortions?

Baby killing is baby killing, we're good

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Stereotype posted:

can they? the problem is that it would be the president reallocating military funding to something unrelated to the original purpose, in this case it would be providing abortions? trump did it with his dumbass wall. you could let the already operating clinics operate on the bases and hire them all as military contractors, that might work.

there are probably a million things the executive could do but the biggest problem with them all is that joe biden isn't going to do any of them. he's not going to do anything at all, ever, about anything

Even just making space available to clinics and letting them staff it separately. Federal government wouldn’t even have to staff it or provide any funding. Is it a permanent solution? No. Would the courts try to intervene and stop it? Quite possibly. Would it demonstrate proactive action on the part of the president beyond fund raising and rhetoric and in the event the courts didn’t stop it provide a real and tangible reason for people to vote blue if they wanted to keep the EO in effect? Yes. Will Biden do anything at all? Lmao

mawarannahr posted:

Is this true? I thought for sure they were discharging refusers just like they did with other vaccine refusers

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Is this true? I thought for sure they were discharging refusers just like they did with other vaccine refusers

apparently not actually, false alarm. all is good! they’re just going to have strokes and long COVID because america, foolishly, is a COVID nonzero society, which is a poor choice in its life.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah it’s just Kinder, Küche, Kirche

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

not scotus but about as bad

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1541784459422404608

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol

i'm guessing vasectomy and tube tying appointments are skyrocketing right now

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm probably gonna get one. Probably should just do it. My luck Kentucky will outlaw vesectomies in another 6 months.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Baby killing is baby killing, we're good

:captainpop:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

actionjackson posted:

lol

i'm guessing vasectomy and tube tying appointments are skyrocketing right now

with good coverage its around $3,600 out of pocket for a tube tie

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I guess I'd have to move out of the South if I wanted to have a kid. Like, you can't hang around in a state where your partner could just get left to die in an emergency.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

with good coverage its around $3,600 out of pocket for a tube tie

yeah i'm guessing vasectomy is much less, and also much less invasive

the one good thing about working for a hospital system is the health insurance is insanely good, so it's fully covered (as long as I use their hospital/clinic system, which is within walking distance of my home)

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I got it done years ago and I don't remember if I had to pay anything but I can tell you in hindsight it was one of my better decisions.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Also wtf I was expecting the EPA to not exist by now what's the holdup you ghouls!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

TehSaurus posted:

Also wtf I was expecting the EPA to not exist by now what's the holdup you ghouls!
No opinions scheduled for today, you will have to edge until tomorrow.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Wolfy posted:

No opinions scheduled for today, you will have to edge until tomorrow.

But I am so close!!!!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

TehSaurus posted:

But I am so close!!!!

It’s conceivable they string you along until Thursday or maybe even Friday!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Evangelical Protection Agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
I asked my urologist what it would cost to do my vasectomy with no insurance and it was around 350 out the door.

Do it gents.