Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

Barbatos is my friend. Always appreciate a robot that just swings heavy objects around.

I love how people made grumpy "of course he'll use a katana" quotes for IBO, then when Mikazuki used it... he didn't like it at all and returned to using gigantic blunt objects at first opportunity.

When the last remaining weapon for Barbatos was a new katana, he just walked over to the repair equipment to grab a giant chainsaw instead.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Imagine if he'd grabbed a Shot lancer. Totally changes the series, top five in the franchise for sure.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

The mgex strike freedom should be hitting pre-sale soon on pbandai right?

It's not a p-bandai release, and hlj has it up for pre-order now:
https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-mgex-strike-freedom-gundam-seed-destiny-bans63368

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

chiasaur11 posted:

Interesting to have Barbatos as one of the big three there. The most popular version only made 18th in the big Gundam poll a couple years back, but it does seem to move kit pretty well.

It may not be popular, but Bandai makes kits of it left and right.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Anora posted:

It may not be popular, but Bandai makes kits of it left and right.

Well, "only" made 18th. Out of every single MS design in Gundam history.

Bandai doesn't keep making kits of things that don't sell. You can see that with AGE MGs getting cancelled.

Seems Barbatos is pretty popular.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

II prefer the sword maces Barbatos Lupus uses in early S2.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The mg barbatos sold like gangbusters when it was first released. This happened before the big COVID gunpla boom as well. There was multiple printings of the kit in a short period of time.

Honestly more suprised they haven't released the mg lupus or the rex yet, but I think Bandai is working on increasing their production capabilities then making new kits right now.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Count me as one of the people waiting for the Lupus, I love the Lupis.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I will buy any show-appearing MG Barbatos they release, but deep down, what I really long for is a MG Graze.

I fukkin' love the Graze, you guys.

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

I want them to make a Master Grade Leo. Just so I can put it front and center in my collection as a monument to the fact that that happened before the G-Self.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

grassy gnoll posted:

I will buy any show-appearing MG Barbatos they release, but deep down, what I really long for is a MG Graze.

The 1/100 Graze Kai is a decent stopgap, at least. I'd love a MG Graze too (and a Graze Kai, and a Ryusei Go, and a Schwalbe Graze, and a Graze Ritter...) but I can see why Bandai doesn't want the overlap, especially with more limited MG production.

What I want most, though, is the Vidar. ...And the Reginlaze Julia. And a Spinner Rodi.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Ritter and the Vidar would both look so good with an Alt Color Scheme

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Sadly, the mg could be this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/vhv4n3/master_grade_sd_announced_by_bandai_more_details/

Technically not announced yet even if titled as such. Just that bandai registered it. Similar to how they registered mgex and rg before it was announced.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JuffoWup posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/vhv4n3/master_grade_sd_announced_by_bandai_more_details/

Technically not announced yet even if titled as such. Just that bandai registered it. Similar to how they registered mgex and rg before it was announced.

That would own. Some of the Sangoku SDs are some of the best Gundam designs ever.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

That would be a very odd match for the Ver Ka announcement. Ver Ka tends to be high end kits. High price, high detail, for the biggest mechanical design nerds.

SD, meanwhile, is lower detail, low price, and focuses more on being cute or interesting than semi-realistic moving parts.

Even without how awkward the basic concept seems (the SD CS line was already inner frame high detail SD kits, and that got canned) I don't think this is the logical spot to reveal it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Still waiting for that MG Woundwort I know they've made yet refuse to release.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

If MG G-Self keeps topping the polls I'm sure they'll start working on a MG Woundwort

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
If it is something other than a MG Destiny VerKa I would be shocked.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
MG Serpent ver.Ka, clearly.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's gonna be the reborns because I want it to be that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Monaghan posted:

We were promised at least a Re1/100 (is that line still going?) but supposedly a bunch of work was done for it ages ago.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Monaghan posted:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

grassy gnoll posted:

I was gonna make this post. Kind of amazed they haven't made it yet considering how many Zakus they pump out

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

We were promised at least a Re1/100 (is that line still going?) but supposedly a bunch of work was done for it ages ago.

I still have hope for an 1/100 Reborns.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Zedd posted:

I still have hope for an 1/100 Reborns.

I would buy two so I could display both forms.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BizarroAzrael posted:

It was never promised. The preview display it appeared on was a fakeout to build some hype for the RE Efreet Kai. Nothing else shown there ever made it into the line.

I don’t know if RE/100 is officially dead or not, but given the lack of new releases and reissues it might as well be.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Bimmi posted:

It was never promised. The preview display it appeared on was a fakeout to build some hype for the RE Efreet Kai. Nothing else shown there ever made it into the line.

I don’t know if RE/100 is officially dead or not, but given the lack of new releases and reissues it might as well be.

The Lindwurm just came out though

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I honestly don't know the difference between the RE100 and Full Mechanics lines, and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Having Build both they are very similar but the difference is that RE1/100 are more like super deluxe HG's (no real inner frame) whereas Full Mechanics are a downscaled MG (does have a basicInner frame).

That said they are p much the same thing under slightly different priorities.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

MechaX posted:

The Lindwurm just came out though

In the last two years there’s been one new RE and two minor variants, none of which got a retail release. None of the existing retail kits have been reissued in over a year. The last one of those came out three years ago.

RE/100 may not be officially dead, but it’s not looking particularly alive, either.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bimmi posted:

They've done it before with a new line to build hype, show a bunch of potential releases but not say they're actually confirmed.

I am of course thinking about THE loving RG GOUF AND RG GROUND TYPE. GODDAMNIT I AM STILL MAD THOSE WEREN'T REAL

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I built the IBO Asmoday kit. I like the giant cannon tonfas. Feet are a bit loose but they're big so it can hold a fair few poses.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also RE/100 is just UC suits while full mechanics is just AU (Seed and IBO so far) suits

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And Kyoukai Senki ig

boz
Oct 16, 2005
At least one PG Unleashed available at Newtype (had to cancel my order)

https://newtype.us/p/94r57Cb7gf2uyEnpOuqM/h/pg-unleashed-rx-78-2-gundam

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

The sticker sheet for the Fukoka Nu is big.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I'm glad they let Armuro come out of the closet

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
I don't know who needs to hear this but I learned today that Molotow now makes a gold chrome marker

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this but I learned today that Molotow now makes a gold chrome marker

So.. a marker to fix the black nub marks on the rg fennex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I though the phenex was all undergated to avoid that?