Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Stephen Crowder got punched.

Haha yes.

Sadly he didn't get picked in the chest which would have caused him to collapse and hopefully die a punched Nazi.

Edit: I meant to say punched not picked but getting a pickaxe to the chest would have been a viable alternative for Crowder our "give me your papers" and "rape isn't bad" compatriot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sadly it was many years ago when he was merely a closeted failed comedian instead of a closeted hate monger on youtube.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Whatever happened with Joe the Plumber

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rip Testes posted:

Whatever happened with Joe the Plumber

Ran for Ohio's 9th, got flushed in the general.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

quote:

Controversies
Plumbing credentials
Regarding his statement to Barack Obama about intending to buy the plumbing firm that employed him, Wurzelbacher later said that the idea of buying the company was discussed during his job interview six years prior.[10] Court records show that Wurzelbacher made $40,000 in 2006.[20]

As part of the background on McCain's use of "Joe the Plumber" during the 2008 campaign, several media outlets researched his professional plumbing credentials. One Toledo Blade article stated: "Mr. Wurzelbacher said he works under Al Newell's license, but according to Ohio building regulations, he must maintain his own license to do plumbing work. He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means he's not a plumber." "Mr. Joseph [business manager of the local union] said Mr. Wurzelbacher could only legally work in the townships, but not in any municipality in Lucas County or elsewhere in the country."[70] Wurzelbacher later stated that he was no longer employed at Newell.[5]

Wurzelbacher was not a member of the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters (the national plumbers' union) and never served an apprenticeship.[4]

I had to wiki him after being reminded he exists, and this bit gave me a good chuckle. Joe the Uncertified Plumber.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Yeah, the two things you needed to know about Joe The Plumber were:

1) He was not actually a plumber
2) His first name was not actually "Joe"

Any time anyone gets all misty-eyed about John McCain, Pillar Of Integrity, The Last Serious Man In Politics, it's good to remind them of his role in elevating this transparent fraud onto the national stage (oh, and Sarah Palin).

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

FMguru posted:

Any time anyone gets all misty-eyed about John McCain, Pillar Of Integrity, The Last Serious Man In Politics, it's good to remind them of his role in elevating this transparent fraud onto the national stage (oh, and Sarah Palin).

Palin was the gateway weed facilitating acceptance of the pure crystal meth that is Trump.

Even without McCain picking her, the right was heading that direction because of years of Rush/Fox, but her pick did accelerate things, as did Trump getting elected.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

I never read the book, but the movie "game change" is fantastic, and a lot of the major players involved say it's pretty close to the truth. Palin and her circus sideshow family should never have made it anywhere near consideration for VP. I blame(partially, anyways) the rise of "reality TV" that is, at least most of the time, actually manufactured and convoluted soap opera scripted nonsense, for normalizing constant scandal for instant gratification and ratings.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sekhmnet posted:

I never read the book, but the movie "game change" is fantastic, and a lot of the major players involved say it's pretty close to the truth. Palin and her circus sideshow family should never have made it anywhere near consideration for VP. I blame(partially, anyways) the rise of "reality TV" that is, at least most of the time, actually manufactured and convoluted soap opera scripted nonsense, for normalizing constant scandal for instant gratification and ratings.

Nichole Wallace basically said the movie version was like 99% accurate to how things really went down. So you can basically watch Sarah Palin turn her from George W. Bush's press secretary into a full on reborn MSNBC liberal because she couldn't handle Palin's stupidity and insanity, basically in real time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Whenever MTG or Boebert say some dumb poo poo I remember Palin didn't know what "the Fed" was and couldn't name a Supreme Court case.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Listen to any of these shows and take a shot every time they say the word "Pelosi"

You'll be dead in an hour

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Lately they seem pretty outraged that Pelosi allegedly body checked a Mexican girl.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lolll which would make it the only time they say the word 'Mexican' with anything approaching sympathy rather than sheer foamy-mouthed rage

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FlamingLiberal posted:

the BTK Killer

You think he ever corrected people who called him that? "No, it's just BTK. The K stands for Killer. It's like saying ATM machine. Seriously, this is why I killed half the people I did."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Republicans posted:

You think he ever corrected people who called him that? "No, it's just BTK. The K stands for Killer. It's like saying ATM machine. Seriously, this is why I killed half the people I did."
He was a cop so probably

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was a cop so probably
Dog catcher. He really loved his job!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Republicans posted:

Umm actually it stands for Bind Torture Kill

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Umm actually it stands for Bind Torture Kill

Bind Torture Kill Killer? This is the english language Neato, not Vietnam. There are rules.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol at McCain snubbing superfriend Lieberman for dumbass barbie

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Lol at McCain snubbing superfriend Lieberman for dumbass barbie

He was convinced that Obama was going to pick Clinton as his VP so he scrambled to find an Acceptable Republican Woman candidate and Palin was the best his team could scrounge up on short notice. Then Obama rope-a-doped him by picking Biden and made McCain look like a huge dumb panicky jackass.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

He was convinced that Obama was going to pick Clinton as his VP so he scrambled to find an Acceptable Republican Woman candidate and Palin was the best his team could scrounge up on short notice. Then Obama rope-a-doped him by picking Biden and made McCain look like a huge dumb panicky jackass.
Wow McCain was even dumber than I thought

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wow McCain was even dumber than I thought

He 9/11'd his own aircraft carrier on multiple occasions, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the deck of cards.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I had to wiki him after being reminded he exists, and this bit gave me a good chuckle. Joe the Uncertified Plumber.

That's like a super low-rent version of Trump and he was already pretty low rent ('You're from Queens Donnie!")

Screaming Idiot posted:

He 9/11'd his own aircraft carrier on multiple occasions, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the deck of cards.

Also a total piece of poo poo in his personal life. The best version of him was born in a Viet Cong prison and died when they let him out.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

nine-gear crow posted:

The Republican's for the last few primaries have always gone with the 'least worst' selection, both for VP and President.
McCain wanted Lieberman as his running mate, and of course the rest lost their loving minds over it.
So they devised a list, and either the last one on it, or one that no other part of the party had a beef with, got it.

Same with Paul Ryan, he wasn't hated by any internal GoP group, gently caress they loved him for being Ayn Rand Jr.

And in both situations, both were dead in the water 2 weeks later for having no thoughts at all.

Pence was the same, a complete nobody until selected.

The way things are going, one of their janitorial staff will be picked as a futuer VP as no one hates him/her that much as they do about every one else in the party.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I was under the impression that the Mittbot campaign picked Ryan because everyone thought he was a conservative wunderkind and was totally going to grab some of the youth vote from Obama, and Pence got picked because they wanted someone to appeal to the American Taliban wing of the party.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

azflyboy posted:

I was under the impression that the Mittbot campaign picked Ryan because everyone thought he was a conservative wunderkind and was totally going to grab some of the youth vote from Obama, and Pence got picked because they wanted someone to appeal to the American Taliban wing of the party.

Pence got picked because Trump was going to choose Chris Christie because he liked kicking around funny fat guys, but Paul Manafort t-boned the decision by jingling some keys in front of Trump’s face and pretending the campaign plane had engine problems when it didn’t and then railroaded him literally to Mike Pence’s front doorstep.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Pence got picked because Trump was going to choose Chris Christie because he liked kicking around funny fat guys, but Paul Manafort t-boned the decision by jingling some keys in front of Trump’s face and pretending the campaign plane had engine problems when it didn’t and then railroaded him literally to Mike Pence’s front doorstep.
Yes, wasn't Trump on the phone with Christie or something and Manafort managed to stop Trump from offering Christie the job?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

happyhippy posted:

The Republican's for the last few primaries have always gone with the 'least worst' selection, both for VP and President.
McCain wanted Lieberman as his running mate, and of course the rest lost their loving minds over it.
So they devised a list, and either the last one on it, or one that no other part of the party had a beef with, got it.

Same with Paul Ryan, he wasn't hated by any internal GoP group, gently caress they loved him for being Ayn Rand Jr.

And in both situations, both were dead in the water 2 weeks later for having no thoughts at all.

Pence was the same, a complete nobody until selected.

The way things are going, one of their janitorial staff will be picked as a futuer VP as no one hates him/her that much as they do about every one else in the party.

In their own way, Republicans are like goons: they hate each other almost as much as they hate everyone else.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
No, goons hate each other more than they hate anyone else.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Goons hate themselves most of all.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, wasn't Trump on the phone with Christie or something and Manafort managed to stop Trump from offering Christie the job?

It’s still to this day the one big mystery of the 2016 election that I want answered. Why did Paul Manafort, the one guy who was clearly, definitively, 100% proven to be an active Russian asset at the time of his work on the Trump campaign, want Mike Pence to be Donald Trump’s Vice President? To the point where he literally pulled a loving psyop on Trump to make it happen.

Why?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 29, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
because Putin had a decent guess that shoring up with a fundie mlp brony was better than doubling up with ny-nj attitude fat dude?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

Goons hate themselves most of all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think Pence was picked because the people running Trump's campaign didn't understand that evangelicals' number one driver is racism so they thought they needed a boring religious conservative to shore up that demo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

It’s still to this day the one big mystery of the 2016 election that I want answered. Why did Paul Manafort, the one guy who was clearly, definitively, 100% proven to be an active Russian asset at the time of his work on the Trump campaign, want Mike Pence to be Donald Trump’s Vice President? To the point where he literally pulled a loving psyop on Trump to make it happen.

Why?

According to this https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/11/mike-pence-donald-trump-vp-228059/

It was about courting the evangelicals - remember that Trump lost the evangelical base *hard* in the primaries. Overwhelmingly. Like 70% voted for other candidates. Their conversion to his biggest supporters happened later.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think Pence was picked because the people running Trump's campaign didn't understand that evangelicals' number one driver is racism so they thought they needed a boring religious conservative to shore up that demo.

Yeah, which incidentally is what drove the conversion I mentioned in my above post.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

According to this https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/11/mike-pence-donald-trump-vp-228059/

It was about courting the evangelicals - remember that Trump lost the evangelical base *hard* in the primaries. Overwhelmingly. Like 70% voted for other candidates. Their conversion to his biggest supporters happened later.
It’s funny in hindsight because it took almost no time during the 2016 campaign for a lot of those evangelicals to treat Trump like Jesus’ right hand

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

nine-gear crow posted:

He wanted Christie because trumps only real belief is loyalty to him personally and Christie was super loyal after he dropped out and was responsible for destroying Rubio trumps only real threat

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s funny in hindsight because it took almost no time during the 2016 campaign for a lot of those evangelicals to treat Trump like Jesus’ right hand

It's pretty buts because if you were to make a Top Ten List of people who least embody the teachings of Christ, you'd have to put Trump on it somewhere, if not at the very top. But aside from abortion, I honestly can't figure out how people can conflate GOP policy with Christianity in the first place so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

FMguru posted:

Remember when it was announced that Joe would be starting a new gig as a reporter for Pajamas Media and went to Israel? Zack Parsons wrote an article from his perspective about his reporting, and when the real thing came out, it was somehow even worse than that. That was the last I ever heard of Joe the Plumber.