Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kashimo dying peacefully of CT removal due to quitting the culling game after discovering mars bar milk, a little bag of weed, and "vines that cured my depression" compilations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

We did have receipts guy going all out with all those sweet modern products.

Should note his technique was the recreation of contracts. Turns out Receipts are an easy contract to find in the Modern world.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://tempenensis.tumblr.com/post/683098294145171456/a-brief-look-into-the-hand-seals-%E5%8D%B0-of-domain

Since its break week, just wanted to share some random stuff. Gege uses a lot of Buddhism references.

I've also been reading the jujutsu subreddit and while there's a ton of really dumb and over complicated fan theories and speculation on there (probably 90% of it) there's also a few posts that are genuinely pretty interesting and well thought out. Ones that stood out to me from this week:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Jujutsushi/comments/vmymx6/sukuna_uraume_and_their_techniques_may_be/
This one seems pretty acute as to Sukuna's cursed technique

https://old.reddit.com/r/Jujutsushi/comments/vlttlr/nobara_never_died_a_recap_of_events_in_shibuya/
This one is pretty interesting about Nobara's return (scroll to the end after the super long recap). I never noticed how similar Angel looks to Yuji's classmate

yum fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 29, 2022

Char
Jan 5, 2013

She's become... a monster. YEAHHH GO MAKI

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3810/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-190?2022-07-08T10?2022-07-08T11

Mildly surprised getting kashimo on their side actually happened and for the exact reason we thought! And manga guys alive! that Maki panel is so loving sick too.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Kashimo's cursed technique is gonna be Netero's rose 2.0 ,I'm sure of it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Goddamn, Maki.
Also glad to see Kashimo join our band of goofballs. Hes fun.

Also noritotoshi cutting his hair after realizing Kenjaku's deal is a neat little character bit..

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 8, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hakari to manga guy: “aren’t you tired of being nice? don’t you just wanna go APE poo poo?!?! …actually n/m keep being nice”

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hakari just being like "oh yeah my arm'll grow back it's fine" gives me hope for Todo's return

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Baller chapter A+ every page a hit. But for real I'm glad they're bros now and can spend some time bro'ing around the game before Sukuna oneshots him.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Hakari just being like "oh yeah my arm'll grow back it's fine" gives me hope for Todo's return

drat I want to see Hakari and Todo together.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this chapter rules and nothing but extremely rad poo poo happened in it. i love jjk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Char posted:

drat I want to see Hakari and Todo together.

part of me thinks they would hate each other, but for completely stupid reasons like their favorite idols having a beef or Hakari being a boob guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Saw a theory that new intelligent Worm Curse could be Naoya's Vengeful Cursed Spirit.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Maybe we will see if someone's cursed technique can adapt to circumstances: pachinko to one-armed bandit.

I'll see myself out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

yum posted:

https://tempenensis.tumblr.com/post/683098294145171456/a-brief-look-into-the-hand-seals-%E5%8D%B0-of-domain

Since its break week, just wanted to share some random stuff. Gege uses a lot of Buddhism references.

I've also been reading the jujutsu subreddit and while there's a ton of really dumb and over complicated fan theories and speculation on there (probably 90% of it) there's also a few posts that are genuinely pretty interesting and well thought out. Ones that stood out to me from this week:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Jujutsushi/comments/vmymx6/sukuna_uraume_and_their_techniques_may_be/
This one seems pretty acute as to Sukuna's cursed technique

https://old.reddit.com/r/Jujutsushi/comments/vlttlr/nobara_never_died_a_recap_of_events_in_shibuya/
This one is pretty interesting about Nobara's return (scroll to the end after the super long recap). I never noticed how similar Angel looks to Yuji's classmate

feel like the best case for nobara coming back is a one sentence "they didn't just kill one of the main cast offscreen with no build-up or climax to it"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRY1jkrh/?k=1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is this the first time we've heard of stopping DE by just chopping off the hand making the hand sign? Didn't realize DE could only be done with a specific hand either.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Unfortunately, Todo lost his hand due to Idle Transmformation which can't be healed by anyone other than Mahito or Kenjaku. Hakari got a regular old amputation so he's fine, Yuta will probably handle it for him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is this the first time we've heard of stopping DE by just chopping off the hand making the hand sign? Didn't realize DE could only be done with a specific hand either.

When Naobito realized Dagon was going for a Domain Expansion he tried to interfere with his hands, but Dagon made the seal with a different part of his body given that he was a curse and was capable of that.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It also adds another layer of superiority to Gojo (as if he needed it) since he does his seal one handed.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Hakari pulled an o my rubber nen

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I'm not ready to not read about hakari every week

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I am.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-190/chapter/24931?action=read

Viz translation.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

*not even bothering to edit my posts* Never a doubt in my mind that Hakari nation would triumph. What can't this man do

Todo has to wait for his back to heal too before he can help out

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
big fan of kashimo's "aw dang" expression right before hakari cold-cocks him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also accepted the L, respect.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hakari and Kashimo were great but I'm super-excited to spend some time with Mai since someone put forward the theory that the new arrival is Naoya's remnant curse which I now desperately want to be true so she can whip it's rear end.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3816/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-191

Speedscan is out!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats a lotta words!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Lol it really is a Naoya rematch. Let's loving gooooo.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
People theorized it was because when you kill a sorcerer without cursed energy(and Maki doesn't have any), you get curses.The question is now if it's only Naoya or the entire Zenin clan fused into a pissed off curse

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Scallop Eyes posted:

People theorized it was because when you kill a sorcerer without cursed energy(and Maki doesn't have any), you get curses.The question is now if it's only Naoya or the entire Zenin clan fused into a pissed off curse

I hope we’re lucky enough to get to see Maki kill her whole lovely family again.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
worm Naoya's appearance looks inspired by that crazy scientist captain from Bleach

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"what? oh, geez, that did sound like i was going to kill you, didn't it? my bad, my bad"

kenjaku's refreshingly chill for the villain of such an aggro series

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scallop Eyes posted:

Maki killed the others with a Cursed Tool, Naoya was killed by Maki's mom with a normal Kitchen Knife.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

Maki's weapon should be leaving behind cursed energy since the narration of the Zen'nin massacre says there were traces of it left behind. Naoya was killed by Maki's mother who should have had no CE at all.

e: f;b

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 15, 2022

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
not too excited to see the biggest jobber from the worst arc wiggle around whining about how maki’s power is undeserved but I didn’t have the highest hopes for this arc already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

"what? oh, geez, that did sound like i was going to kill you, didn't it? my bad, my bad"

kenjaku's refreshingly chill for the villain of such an aggro series

I didn't like that personally. Feels like baddies leaving bond to slowly die while they head out. I don't think Kamo is obviously going to be that critical to events but regardless it always comes across as weak writing to me.