Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I dunno if this is okay to ask here but I got a boatload of minifigs I would like to unload. I have a bunch from series 1-4 mostly the army builders (8 zombies , ten Aztec guys etc). What is the best way to do this? Piecemeal or as a lot with a nice discount?

I think I also have like eight sets of 7914, the mandalorian battle pack

IMO you're not alone in army building, and you wouldn't have a difficult time flipping them in groups because they'll get bought up by some other army builder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I dunno if this is okay to ask here but I got a boatload of minifigs I would like to unload. I have a bunch from series 1-4 mostly the army builders (8 zombies , ten Aztec guys etc). What is the best way to do this? Piecemeal or as a lot with a nice discount?

I think I also have like eight sets of 7914, the mandalorian battle pack
I'm lazy so I always opt for "as a lot with a discount." You can post a thread on the SA Mart and link it here if you like.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
just saw this:

https://twitter.com/BricksByMind/status/1545806991947431937

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That is an awesome greeble technique.

I should add those triangles to my "buy to fill out order" wishlist, I don't have near enough of them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd check BL on those CMFs. The zombie is worth 10-15, assuming it is complete. I think it has a shovel. If not, it is possibly worth buying some shovels to complete them.

Early CMF can be somewhat pricey, especially S1.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Finished the f1 today.

Things huge.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AFewBricksShy posted:

Finished the f1 today.

Things huge.

drat, it must be going really fast to bank that turn.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Question for anyone that has the DeLorean. I was able to get one thru Target. I can’t wait to get this set for myself but this one is for part of a friends wedding gift, so I can’t really open it to check. My question is, did the box have a lot loose pieces floating around unbagged? Like when shift it side to side it sounds and feels like there are a bunch of small loose pieces sliding around that I would assume be in bags. I just paranoid I got a defective bag or something and don’t want to give it as the gift if it’s like that

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*drunken harrison ford voice*

I don't trust jedi technology

cthupid, cephraphim of lovecraft

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Behold the Emperor of Space!

buy the kit. I'm getting ready to mash it against the tropical parrot kit and get some ball joint action in

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

DrChud posted:

Question for anyone that has the DeLorean. I was able to get one thru Target. I can’t wait to get this set for myself but this one is for part of a friends wedding gift, so I can’t really open it to check. My question is, did the box have a lot loose pieces floating around unbagged? Like when shift it side to side it sounds and feels like there are a bunch of small loose pieces sliding around that I would assume be in bags. I just paranoid I got a defective bag or something and don’t want to give it as the gift if it’s like that

There shouldn't be any loose pieces at all.
It's not unheard of for people to steal the contents of sets they want after buying them and then fill them up with random stuff (say some bulk Lego from eBay?) and return them to a store which is not likely to verify the contents of the set.

If you feel super weird about it see if you can find one on shelves somewhere else and see if it seems different.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
There were no loose parts in my set. It does come with one of those un-numbered bags that's filled with some large parts like the windscreen, but that definitely shouldn't make the same sound as a bunch of loose bricks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I built the porsche last month, it came with a bag ripped open. First time that's ever happened to me, but maybe with the newer plastics they've been experimenting with it's more prone to popping open. It wasn't at a seam either, it tore right across the middle.

No missing pieces either.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

Finished the f1 today.

Things huge.

Jesus that thing is only like 1/3rd shorter than the star destroyer

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

xzzy posted:

I built the porsche last month, it came with a bag ripped open. First time that's ever happened to me, but maybe with the newer plastics they've been experimenting with it's more prone to popping open. It wasn't at a seam either, it tore right across the middle.

No missing pieces either.

Same thing with me and the Haunted House. Bought directly from Lego, and one of the bags had a slit in it which made some of the pieces fall out and flail around loose in the box. First time in 30+ years I've had a set with loose pieces that weren't baseplates.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I thought this piece on themes that almost existed was interesting.
https://bricknerd.com/home/the-lost-themes-of-lego-sets-that-could-have-been-7-8-22

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

deoju posted:

https://bricknerd.com/home/the-lost-themes-of-lego-sets-that-could-have-been-7-8-22

I am crushed that I will never own this winged Loch Ness monster.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

The Voice of Labor posted:

buy the kit. I'm getting ready to mash it against the tropical parrot kit and get some ball joint action in

I have, there's no way I'd come up with stuff on the computer. Is the tropical parrot the polybag from this year? I looked everywhere for that, I don't think it came here. Might have to bricklink one, it looked really cool.

One more I've been working on for a few hours: The Prospector -

(and supporting space bug)

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

deoju posted:

Almost all of these are really cool and I'd welcome any of them as a new theme in the modern stuff!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Those Cybots sure are a thing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DrChud posted:

If you take a sharp knife and run it down the side of the box with the finger tabs you can open it up without damaging the cardboard. Just go slow.

Once open you can check the contents and then reseal it with some glue.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

ChesterJT posted:

Those Cybots sure are a thing.

Well maybe not those.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

YanniRotten posted:

There shouldn't be any loose pieces at all.
It's not unheard of for people to steal the contents of sets they want after buying them and then fill them up with random stuff (say some bulk Lego from eBay?) and return them to a store which is not likely to verify the contents of the set.

If you feel super weird about it see if you can find one on shelves somewhere else and see if it seems different.

Yeah there is definitely a bunch of loose small pieces sliding all over in there. I got it from target website, and it appears to still be all sealed up so I’m assuming it’s not a return. Guess I’ll try to find another for the intended gift then.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tonight on Lego Masters, you will be making an homage to your favorite holiday using only Cybots parts

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I’d never seen the Roaring Twenties theme before - that looks wild.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I have, there's no way I'd come up with stuff on the computer. Is the tropical parrot the polybag from this year? I looked everywhere for that, I don't think it came here. Might have to bricklink one, it looked really cool.

One more I've been working on for a few hours: The Prospector -

(and supporting space bug)

Just wanted to say that I appreciate your creations. :3:

I am not doing something like that myself, but I do enjoy your creativity.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Daughter had covid over the last week so we build some sets I'd been keeping aside for just this kind of thing

Friends has had an absolutely fantastic year and the Friendship Tree House is part of that. It's a fun, colourful set that wouldn't work in any other line. Most of the techniques aren't particularly advanced but some of the results are cute, such as the vice on the workbench, the telescope on the upper balcony or the slanted window. The highlight is the elevator / windmill which allows the wheelchair to access the upper stories of the treehouse. It's a good little mechanism once you've made sure enough bricks are cleanly aligned.

One thing that surprised me was the use of stickers for some of the wooden pieces. I can understand it for the green pieces but surely a 1x4 wood grain tile would see use elsewhere and I know that a 2x2 round stump piece does.

We also built the book shop part of that modular. I've only built a few other ones but I can see why people found it a touch disappointing. There are some nice touches (the arch over the door made from 1x2 rounded plates bent into a curve, the tree, the curved roof at the top) but the interior could be larger and more detailed.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

drat, it must be going really fast to bank that turn.

in theory F1 cars generate so much downforce they could ride slowly up a wall up until they're on the ceiling of a tunnel...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

refleks posted:

in theory F1 cars generate so much downforce they could ride slowly up a wall up until they're on the ceiling of a tunnel...

people keep saying this, yet F1 is too cowardly to incorporate it into their tracks.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

people keep saying this, yet F1 is too cowardly to incorporate it into their tracks.

Yes. They prefer to go to lovely desert tracks in shithole countries (Miami and Las Vegas heeeyooo) that are built as city tracks for no reason...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also: unban the 6 wheeler.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Forumla E already has boost pads, I want racing to go full Wipeout. Give cars virtual weapons fired by a co-pilot that affect performance.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idg18QJCbXU

The only bad thing about a track like this is George Russel will end up killing someone on the loop.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LEGO, I will pay you for the underwater monorail, why do you deprive me of it?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

deoju posted:

Loving the Blacktron 2 uniforms that just make everyone look like they're in tank tops

Sun's out, guns out

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love that grey and red themed base. It’s so industrial and dystopian. :stwoon:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

HootTheOwl posted:

LEGO, I will pay you for the underwater monorail, why do you deprive me of it?

Is this a MOC designed to look retro or an actual retro theme, it's done really well

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

AFewBricksShy posted:

Finished the f1 today.

Things huge.

I would have a difficult time having my air hockey table that close to my Lego sets with all of the pucks flying off. I have enough anxiety having it close to my bobbleheads, but those are at least behind one of the goals.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

deoju posted:

That grey and red thing looks incredibly boring.

The Blacktron stuff looks neat though. Are they all wearing neckties?

Also digging the green and white multicolor Tron.

Though that guy in the back with the car looks ridiculous. The heck is that giant arch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Butterfly Valley posted:

Is this a MOC designed to look retro or an actual retro theme, it's done really well
Maybe read the article?