Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

boxen posted:

Got dang, I wasn't very interested in the GE re-release but I thought it was just a re-release, not a re-do of the whole set. Now I'm tempted...

The computer screen tile with the Asteroids game on it owns, was that on the original?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Doesn't look like it, though that plate does look a lot like the "other" crt monitor sloped brick, with some additional buttons underneath the monitor

This fellow

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Carbohydrates posted:

1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Condolences for your loss... we are so lucky to have the time we do with these boogers, but it's never enough. Moki was very lucky to have such a wonderful home and loving family.

You absolutely nailed that car by the way... that would be an incredible centerpiece for a Ferris Bueler's Day Off MOC

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

OSU_Matthew posted:

You absolutely nailed that car by the way... that would be an incredible centerpiece for a Ferris Bueler's Day Off MOC

:yeah:

a 250 GT... now there's an idea

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Built the Loop.

It's much bigger than I expected. I do think it is a tad overpriced. But once it is up and running, it is pretty cool to watch. Definitely not as painful to assemble as the first coaster.

I think at $300 it would be a good deal. At $400, it's still cool, but just a general sign of LEGO's continual price gouging.

There are some really interesting techniques for the track. One part uses paralleled tracks as a single track. It's at the top, going into the drop. And the counterbalance for the lift uses tracks to hold the weight in place.

Overall, I am glad I got it because fairground/modular/winter village are my 3 LEGO vices.

I think I would rank them:

Carousel
Loop
Coaster/Haunted House
Ferris Wheel
---
Grand Carousel which had a number of problems. It looked cool and had music but yeah...problems.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've had a string of bad luck lately. I built the Starry Night, and had one wrong connector. Today I was working on the Landspeeder and had four missing curved pieces. LEGO sets trying to gaslight me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I started on the Saturn V, did bags 1,2,3 and 12.
There's a lot of scratched up bricks in here.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Price goes up. Quality goes down.

Lego things.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Kid woke me up today to say happy birthday, let's open up the tallneck you got yourself

Oh you have to work? That's ok I can build it for you

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That‘s an awesome kid you have there!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
My kid is currently being tortured by my family invading and staying with us. So he's negotiating Lego access every time his cousins annoy him. It's a lot. Hope he likes the galaxy explorer when it comes. Probably gotta get the lions castle too since he had so much fun building the forestmens keep from the bricklink thing.

Also just saw a review of the lions castle, can't wait to see all the misogynists cry when they learn about it.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Scipiotik posted:

My kid is currently being tortured by my family invading and staying with us. So he's negotiating Lego access every time his cousins annoy him. It's a lot. Hope he likes the galaxy explorer when it comes. Probably gotta get the lions castle too since he had so much fun building the forestmens keep from the bricklink thing.

Also just saw a review of the lions castle, can't wait to see all the misogynists cry when they learn about it.

Ohhh does it have a queen and no king?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Habibi posted:

Yes! :grin:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The question is who invades it to kidnap her.. Bowser or Ganon?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I was just checking my cars (they've been boxed up for a bit) and I noticed the big stickers on the side of the London bus have been peeling terribly. I could order a replacement set of stickers, but is there any point if they would just do the same after a while? Is there a way to stop them from doing this?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not having a King AND Queen in a 500$ castle set sure is a choice though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

uXs posted:

I was just checking my cars (they've been boxed up for a bit) and I noticed the big stickers on the side of the London bus have been peeling terribly. I could order a replacement set of stickers, but is there any point if they would just do the same after a while? Is there a way to stop them from doing this?

Every lego sticker I've ever applied has clung to the brick with the strength of demons and will survive generations of play.

My best guess is there was oil or grime on the brick or you lifted and re-positioned the sticker too many times during assembly. Either way, "something" kept the glue from doing its job. If no other stickers are peeling I feel like it's not going to be a manufacturing problem with that specific sticker sheet.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I thought I was supposed to lick the stickers like temporary tattoos

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

xzzy posted:

Every lego sticker I've ever applied has clung to the brick with the strength of demons and will survive generations of play.

My best guess is there was oil or grime on the brick or you lifted and re-positioned the sticker too many times during assembly. Either way, "something" kept the glue from doing its job. If no other stickers are peeling I feel like it's not going to be a manufacturing problem with that specific sticker sheet.

It's basically all the stickers in that set. It's most obvious on the side of the bus, the ones attached to the flag pieces that you can flip, those look terrible. The others are also going, the bigger ones first it seems.

I have no idea why, it's the only set where I've seen this.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Habibi posted:

Apparently most of the knights are also women. It's awesome.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Scipiotik posted:

Apparently most of the knights are also women. It's awesome.

I'm going to pretend they're all male-to-female trans women. That'll show those man-haters at Lego!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1547581737227546627?cxt=HHwWhsCjxf_YjvoqAAAA

Guess this means there's an Office set coming. I've never watched the show.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

deoju posted:

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1547581737227546627?cxt=HHwWhsCjxf_YjvoqAAAA

Yeah it was picked as an ideas set about a year ago. Not sure how they’ll make it an interesting build but the minifigures will be nice I guess

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

uXs posted:

It's basically all the stickers in that set. It's most obvious on the side of the bus, the ones attached to the flag pieces that you can flip, those look terrible. The others are also going, the bigger ones first it seems.

I have no idea why, it's the only set where I've seen this.

Guess you got a bad sheet from lego then, hopefully they can replace it for you easily.

Also make sure you send it to all the bloggers so you can start a frenzy about how lego's quality is horrible and the company doesn't care about any of us.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

deoju posted:

It'll be the blandest Lego set ever, but it's at least a reasonably clever announcement tweet.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Me, a sick Lego pervert who only wants more fleshtone heads and casual/realistic bodies for my city displays:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, all those tv show diaramas are so boring to me. It's the kind of stuff I could've built as a teen. Admittedly less well detailed, but still, and I think now as an adult I could do a fairly accurate approximation on my own. It's rooms and furniture, which while fun to make, aren't that hard to do yourself. It's very much a I could do that myself if I was a big enough fan of the show and put a bit of time in.

Things that are actually complex and creative like the Pirates of Barracuda Bay, Tallneck, etc. That's where it's at.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Oxyclean posted:

Not having a King AND Queen in a 500$ castle set sure is a choice though.

Lego should give us two queens, problem solved!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Time Cowboy posted:

Lego should give us two queens, problem solved!
As long as it means more cool crowns and or scepters.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I shared the video about a week ago regarding the part I got wrong in the transmission of the Ferrari. In that video I remarked that I had already taken it apart once for putting the planetary gear in on the wrong side of its housing.

The other day I stripped it all the way down to step 1 to start over. Got a part wrong. Stripped it down and started again at step 1. Got a part wrong. Stripped it down to step one for the third time that day and put the boxes up on a shelf. Gonna take a break and start over from step one again in a while.

I know I haven't done a LOT of kits but I do have attention to detail and was certainly paying attention to what I was doing, still got a part wrong. Wife asked me if I wanted to sell it, but I'm not going to let this box of cheap plastic beat me.

Anyone else think that the red parts felt especially cheap/different?

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Hey all, I'm selling a new Tallneck over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4007292. Help fund more LEGO purchases!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Two intensely lame licensed sets announced in one week, impressive poo poo Lego.

Edit: ^ Pretty questionable move to price your Tallneck above eBay Buy it Now scalping prices.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 14, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

I would actually love a paperweight that was a brick separator encased in clear resin or epoxy. :whatup:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Taeke posted:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay

It's criminal how short the run for this set was.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tesh posted:

Hey all, I'm selling a new Tallneck over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4007292. Help fund more LEGO purchases!
40$ over MSRP. :chloe:

I get that times are tough, and it's out of stock, but yeesh.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Target has it shipping within a week:

https://www.target.com/p/lego-horizon-forbidden-west-tallneck-76989-building-set/-/A-84292147

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Here's my updated model on changing the 70s RT Challenger into a modern Challenger that matches the one in my garage. There are stickers from the Funny Car that will go on this because they use the same 1320 graphics. The hood looks confusing because the hood in real life is pretty curvy and confusing as well. Any advice or help would be met with open arms.

edit: the hood in question

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 14, 2022

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m thinking about selling some of my opened sets that don’t have the boxes anymore for the first time and I’m wondering if the thread has any tips. I’m going to be possibly selling smaller sets around 200 pieces and bigger sets around 1000 pieces. Is it ok to package them secured in bubble mailers or is it better to use boxes? Should I go with flat rate or weigh them out? Any tips would be appreciated.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tesh posted:

LOL.

Let me get this right. You are asking a bunch of AFOLs to give you extra money for a set so that you can buy more LEGO?

Don't you think we'd like to buy more LEGO ourselves and get that same set at MSRP or lower? And that that set is currently available at Target with free shipping?

It's probably available other places, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m thinking about selling some of my opened sets that don’t have the boxes anymore for the first time and I’m wondering if the thread has any tips. I’m going to be possibly selling smaller sets around 200 pieces and bigger sets around 1000 pieces. Is it ok to package them secured in bubble mailers or is it better to use boxes? Should I go with flat rate or weigh them out? Any tips would be appreciated.

Do a part count using bricklink to make sure the sets are 100% complete.
Bubble mailers are fine for smaller sets. You'll want a box for larger sets, though.

Flyinglemur posted:

I shared the video about a week ago regarding the part I got wrong in the transmission of the Ferrari. In that video I remarked that I had already taken it apart once for putting the planetary gear in on the wrong side of its housing.

The other day I stripped it all the way down to step 1 to start over. Got a part wrong. Stripped it down and started again at step 1. Got a part wrong. Stripped it down to step one for the third time that day and put the boxes up on a shelf. Gonna take a break and start over from step one again in a while.

I know I haven't done a LOT of kits but I do have attention to detail and was certainly paying attention to what I was doing, still got a part wrong. Wife asked me if I wanted to sell it, but I'm not going to let this box of cheap plastic beat me.

Anyone else think that the red parts felt especially cheap/different?

I am finding this saga fascinating. Are you pulling out all the pieces for each step before starting? And then repeating for each step? For technic stuff, you have to be careful to get the pins in the right spots so measure twice cut once and all that.

Good luck!