Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RillAkBea posted:

I dunno, I think sofubi is probably the perfect medium for dummy balloons. It's got that realistic squadge.

Yeah, but like

A dummy balloon gunpla would be wild. Imagine those runners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnoY_r5mqc

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1547546032451600389?s=20&t=4KloEwqlwPS6Z54SmaBRkg

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Uh-huh. Ok, that hangar scene is pretty drat cool.

Beams, shield doing the 00 sniper gundam thing where everything is funnels. (always forget the name. Zabanya?) The beams look a bit too clean, but I think that's just the ad simplifying it.

Quick flash of the other gunpla. Rewind and pause...
Oh-my-gosh. They've got grunts! They've got grunts!

I'm pretty amused that the main gundam doesn't get a response beyond 'neat' from me. But put a not-gm (2 actually!) on screen and I squeal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they've got some 30MM designers on the series and you can feel it in those grunts. The dome head looks very Portanova.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SayaDoesStuff/status/1547547690527244288?t=kEI_GEw0qHDnyUO8ZCjEaw&s=19

Oh baby

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm pretty :nallears: on the Aerial Gundam's shield being Bits/Funnels tbh, because I've never seen them used for anything except recycled footage of arbitrary angles of shots and rear end-pull kills because they were *handwaves* over there somewhere. (I mostly saw them used in SEED, so if they've been used better elsewhere, I might not have seen it.)

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they've got some 30MM designers on the series and you can feel it in those grunts. The dome head looks very Portanova.

There's some real G-Reco in the designs too if you look at the head on that red one and the Teal one. There's some Hecate and G-Lucifer in their DNA, I reckon.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

00 had some decent use of their Funnel equivalent, mostly because they doubled as explosives in some fights.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm pretty :nallears: on the Aerial Gundam's shield being Bits/Funnels tbh, because I've never seen them used for anything except recycled footage of arbitrary angles of shots and rear end-pull kills because they were *handwaves* over there somewhere. (I mostly saw them used in SEED, so if they've been used better elsewhere, I might not have seen it.)

Char's Counterattack had Amuro make pretty cool use of his Fin Funnels.

Film's a mixed bag, but the fight scenes are some of the best in Gundam.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
making bits ubiquitous at the beginning of series would be so tight if it meant you got to do even crazier poo poo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muike posted:

making bits ubiquitous at the beginning of series would be so tight if it meant you got to do even crazier poo poo

Like what?

One problem with going crazy at the jump is that the escalation can get dumb. The 00 Gundam movie is a loving shitshow, and part of that is that there's no grounding to the combat. Sure, you get a movie budget, but all you get from that is a bunch of beams shooting in every direction at other beam spewing piles of nothing.

I'm not saying that Witch is going to have the same faults. Just noting it as a potential problem in the future.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Aerial's variable shield is like the spiritual successor to the X Divider, and that makes it automatically great.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
depends on the writer, if they're willing to make it go stranger, or just big barrages of beams against each other. i'd like to see other crazy psychic weapons

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
That HG Aerial has at least 26 stickers apparently

tenderjerk fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 15, 2022

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised, but that is disappointing considering it seems like they went out of their way to make the chest parts color-accurate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Preorder in, baby.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Trying to decide if I want to get the Aerial or wait for the second kit which will invariably be the same as the base Aerial but with some extra cool accessories. Definitely going to grab the Dilanza though.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'll be waiting for the Master Grade.

:shepicide:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Bets on if this gets a RG before Barbatos does?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

With how long RG Barbatos is taking I'm expecting it to be able to pull off giant robot yoga poses.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bloody Pom posted:

I mean that eventually happened for the DX for me.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
What happened to that teaser image for a mg ver ka kit coming?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I finally have a photo box to take pictures of all my dumb toys/model kits, yay!
Next time I'll use my actual camera and not this dumb phone camera.

I really like these chinese third party kits. this one I'd have the spine attachment on it, but it's so fiddly and hard to keep in place that it wasn't worth it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

Geeze. This thing might have more stickers than the Guision Rebake Full City, and that was 400 yen cheaper.

Probably has better color separation overall, but it's a bit of a disappointment all the same.

(Edit: It's actually cheaper than the Full City. That explains some things.)

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 15, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'll wait for a Real Grade. Just like I'm still waiting for an RG Gouf...

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Diabetes Forecast posted:

II really like these chinese third party kits. this one I'd have the spine attachment on it, but it's so fiddly and hard to keep in place that it wasn't worth it.

The Nuke Matrix Cyber Forest stuff is so my aesthetic that after I built the first one, I immediately went and ordered/preordered everything possible.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

Bloody Pom posted:

Does this company even make Master Grades anymore? Making Doms slightly better does not count.

What even is a MGSD?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

YanniRotten posted:

Does this company even make Master Grades anymore? Making Doms slightly better does not count.

What even is a MGSD?

I can't believe you've forgotten about the Eclipse Gundam

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

YanniRotten posted:

What even is a MGSD?

If I had to guess, an SD with better articulation than SDCS, an actual inner frame, and less sticker hell?

Won't know until we see it I guess.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I hope it's a SD with the size of a 1/100 kit.

Big fuggen heads all round.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

I kinda like the idea of the effect stickers for the clear parts. Being that they attach to the underside means they should be protected from wear and tear.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

For fun, they should do a line of kits in this style again. Give us a Barbatos, an Aerial, a Unicorn (Destroy Mode) in the classic 90s Gunpla fashion

https://twitter.com/syrup_7_7/status/1548562847512158213?s=20&t=fuZk2NZsfv0FivXXCh0yCg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If anyone missed out on the first run of orders for the Moderoid Aliens Power Loader, looks like the Order Stop's been lifted on HLJ.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I just remembered to hop on HLJ for Witch From Mercury preorderes, seems for HGs there's only the Lfrith and Beguir-Beu? Not the Gundam Aerial? I saw there's an Aerial coming out in October but had assumed that was the first update version of the suit. Just seems odd there's two suits out before the protagonist's.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Those two are from the prologue episode that just aired, so it does kinda make sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just remembered to hop on HLJ for Witch From Mercury preorderes, seems for HGs there's only the Lfrith and Beguir-Beu? Not the Gundam Aerial? I saw there's an Aerial coming out in October but had assumed that was the first update version of the suit. Just seems odd there's two suits out before the protagonist's.

USA Gundam has Aerial preorders open.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bloody Pom posted:

Those two are from the prologue episode that just aired, so it does kinda make sense.

Speaking of which, is there a good version with English subs of that out yet?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The English premiere is at SDCC on Thursday, I'd expect an official upload after that.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The connector piece for one of the beam tomahawks (the ones that go on the shield) on my HG Sinanju broke, so I glued it back on. Earlier today, when I went to take pictures, the piece broke when I moved it to the lower part of the shield. :suicide:

Is there a way to remove glue from plastic so I can put on a fresh layer?

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 18, 2022

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Gripweed posted:

For fun, they should do a line of kits in this style again. Give us a Barbatos, an Aerial, a Unicorn (Destroy Mode) in the classic 90s Gunpla fashion

https://twitter.com/syrup_7_7/status/1548562847512158213?s=20&t=fuZk2NZsfv0FivXXCh0yCg

i dont ever wanna see a kit like this again i just got ptsd from looking at this picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Just in case you needed to print some crocs for your gunplas so they can have stylish footwear... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5354987?fbclid=IwAR36NqA3ljFfXY3vBnbLD4Ssbd6f8hXBI0C5yV-AihsNSUKq6O36ZhtQ32I