Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Joining Forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Looks like one of the eggs disappeared at some point between being teleported and the balloon pop. Jazz might still be in it to win it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Traitor
:asoiaf:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Iruma has become so efficient at converting enemies to friends that it no longer has to happen on-screen but can simply be assumed.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I still want to know how exactly she became one of the Six Fingers. She just seems so different from the rest of them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ThingOne posted:

I still want to know how exactly she became one of the Six Fingers. She just seems so different from the rest of them.

At this point I could see this as a way to purge themselves of a loose cannon and to give amazing cover for another finger.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Shiida looks really surprised to be jumping in to save Iruma. I think she's being genuine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude couldn't even last a week without giving himself away. he's a liability.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

My guess is that she's going to lie to herself and her team that she only saved Iruma to keep her cover

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I think it's a safe assumption at this point that regardless of how genuinely she's become attached to Iruma, she's the real threat to Bablys and Atori was just a misdirection. Guy was just way, way too unsubtle.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Friend or Foe

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

Holy poo poo, I was not expecting that entrance. I think this was probably unplanned by six fingers, I would imagine they would have rather kept it a secret that they have the music guy on their side.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
I am glad that Atori has not killed anyone (yet).

I am concerned that Poro-chan will kill someone.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's wild to see Sullivan flex, just a little, and he absolutely incapacitates Atori.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and then he flexes slightly more and nearly kills him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Look at this panel

realize we have a guy who harbors a unique flame. A guy who delights in torture and has an encyclopedic knowledge of how to do and looks really, really happy to get started. And a guy whose power is healing himself or others. Atori lucked out, he would have talked no matter how much bravado he displayed prior to Poro showing up. Because whatever Marbaras or the chain smoker broke, the white mage would fix to watch it get broken again. And last time I checked, adding 4 more arms introduces a lot more bones.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

Look at this panel

realize we have a guy who harbors a unique flame. A guy who delights in torture and has an encyclopedic knowledge of how to do and looks really, really happy to get started. And a guy whose power is healing himself or others. Atori lucked out, he would have talked no matter how much bravado he displayed prior to Poro showing up. Because whatever Marbaras or the chain smoker broke, the white mage would fix to watch it get broken again. And last time I checked, adding 4 more arms introduces a lot more bones.

Yeah, it's funny that Atori thinks not killing him is somehow weakness. Killing him would be merciful compared to what's due.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I Am Fowl posted:

Yeah, it's funny that Atori thinks not killing him is somehow weakness. Killing him would be merciful compared to what's due.

Yeah. I can't imagine a fate wore then pairing up a torture and healing expert to work on you. Especially when the healing expert will have that little extra interest in making you scream because you tried to kill a student who he has a lot of respect for.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Yeah. I can't imagine a fate wore then pairing up a torture and healing expert to work on you. Especially when the healing expert will have that little extra interest in making you scream because you tried to kill a student who he has a lot of respect for.

I assume Atori either has a suicide option or some sort of exit strategy in that instance, but I think he's clearly in a mindset where him being captured is less damaging to the greater cause than outright death.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Chapter 263: Quattro

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mmmmm, my favorite, cryptic bickering

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Definitely not the action-packed finale people were expecting but I kinda like it. Sullivan's probably too familiar with what Poro's going through to bring himself to go after him even if he probably should.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ThingOne posted:

Definitely not the action-packed finale people were expecting but I kinda like it. Sullivan's probably too familiar with what Poro's going through to bring himself to go after him even if he probably should.

He probably also knows that if he starts something, the school's gonna look like the remains of a DBZ battle.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Appreciating the piano wings and the implication that Sulivan is effectively using Iruma as a stand in for Delkira in his life

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Something I appreciate in this arc is how quickly and effectively they've neutered Atori's threat before he can even harm a single student. The safety is a pleasant fantasy to me, especially with how depressing it is to hear news about school shootings every few months.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
generally in these sorts of situations, when a major threat like that is neutralized swiftly, something worse is waiting in the wings soon after

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The Final Bell

I can't believe Iruma is loving dead. Congrats to Alice and Jazz for passing this bullcrap test. RIP Goemon, solo'd offscreen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao what a fucker

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The Survivors

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Put some respect on my boy Jazz's name why don't you? Also best friend Allocer with the clutch save

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:kimchi:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Brought To You By posted:

Put some respect on my boy Jazz's name why don't you? Also best friend Allocer with the clutch save

Allocer really is such a bro. Also glad that Jazz and his team is getting acknowledged considering how far he was willing to go to protect his kohai.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I knew the eggs would come through in the end

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Allocer really is such a bro. Also glad that Jazz and his team is getting acknowledged considering how far he was willing to go to protect his kohai.

This is the 2nd time he's helped a misfit clutch out 1st place in a major event. Good for a tactician but he'll also need to get a proper win for himself in the future.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Promoted

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was the best way to end it all. Of course Sabnock is going to have to live with the fact that more people are discovering he makes an ideal protective big brother/dad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter

this feels a lot like a post-arc "what's happening away from the MCs" One Piece chapter, which are my big favorites. So much going on, I love the thoroughness of the teachers and their reliability in assessing the entire situation and working on preparations for future attacks, I love the semi-reveal of the Fingers' plans, I love that we didn't get a typical big bad curbstomping his minion for failing but rather giving him a minor pep talk and getting him on his feet again. The reveal of Iruma isn't surprising at all, but it certainly is a good catalyst for the villains.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I find the largest of the bio vats interesting because the silohette looks like the 13 crown that governed Gluttony who has been missing if I remember correctly. I assume the spider is the basis for Atori's circumstance. Big problems now that they have their hands on a way to force people into wicked phases, that's definitely going to be mixed into someone's water supply in the future

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

big fan of how kirio hasn't done anything in years but every time we seen him he's clearly gotten even wierder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Patware posted:

big fan of how kirio hasn't done anything in years but every time we seen him he's clearly gotten even wierder

He doesn't go outside much.