Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I love Kunemon but that 2 move makes him nearly useless in his base form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

They missed the chance to use Start.bat if that's the case.

It's sounding like my jam but I'm undecided if to get in on PC for performamce or on Switch for portability.

You know, as well as it would work for most digimon games the .bat pun probably wouldn't work for survive. So far nobody has said the prefix 'digi-' outside of the title of the game (even the monsters changing form is just called 'evolution' and not 'digivolution') and from what little bit of history we've gotten it seems like the currently-unnamed-world containing currently-unnamed-monsters has been in contact with the human world for at least hundreds of years and has nothing to do with computers.

I've been playing on switch and performance has been fine. A couple framedrops during dialogue segments when they zoom in on something with an Ominous Smoke particle effect, but the battles themselves run fine.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So my Switch copy of Survive arrived today, but I won't be able to play it yet due to IRL obligations. I just wanted to to ask, for anybody who's been playing- I've heard that the game's translation work is awful. Is it as bad as I've heard? Of course I'd still be willing to trudge through that for the gameplay, but I just want to go in with clear expectations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

I love Kunemon but that 2 move makes him nearly useless in his base form

I'm badly hoping he's the Magikarp of this game and becomes the best character once he evolves.

VolticSurge posted:

So my Switch copy of Survive arrived today, but I won't be able to play it yet due to IRL obligations. I just wanted to to ask, for anybody who's been playing- I've heard that the game's translation work is awful. Is it as bad as I've heard? Of course I'd still be willing to trudge through that for the gameplay, but I just want to go in with clear expectations.

As far as I've gotten (start of Part 2) the game's translation is a big improvement over the previous few. Every character has their own clear voice and the mood of the game is shown well. I've found a few typos but nothing too big, definitely no random Bakemon so far.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 30, 2022

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

VolticSurge posted:

It's pretty awkward and stilted. The characters still manage to be likable in spite of it though.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Has there ever been a Digimon game with a good translation?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bandai sure is doing everything in their power to sabotage this game. Some places didn’t even get physical copies, and orders haven’t shipped.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
They should have pre ordered five years ago if they wanted a copy now.

But seriously, very little hype support for this game, really feels like Klonoa.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The translation has seemed pretty good so far to me.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve been playing all day on Switch (I’m in Part 5) and the performance has been good.

Major spoiler: click on your own risk
Ryo’s death hosed me up

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the translation has been good so far in Part 2 other than a typo I noticed but this is a big lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The 3rd boss hits really loving hard. Thankfully there doesn’t seem to be any penalty for Digimon getting knocked out, at least not that I can see

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some new designs for the upcoming Adventure 02 movie just dropped:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/07/30-1/digimon-adventure-02-anime-film-reveals-1st-digidestined-updated-character-designs

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im up to part six and i just got to get this off my chest (actually pretty big spoilers here) both kunemon and lopmon are two of my fav digimons and i was soooo excited to play with them...haha jokes on me i guess

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

mandatory lesbian posted:

Im up to part six and i just got to get this off my chest (actually pretty big spoilers here) both kunemon and lopmon are two of my fav digimons and i was soooo excited to play with them...haha jokes on me i guess

Tentomon and Patamon can evolve into their lines so maybe try to recruit them if you can. I’ve only encountered Patamon in a battle during Free Time where I scanned a shadow in the shrine area, if that helps

Also: Digimon Survive takes place in 2020

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 30, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TK's hat has just been devolving these past 20 years.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Betamon's a fuckin g

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

TK's hat has just been devolving these past 20 years.

I love how the main six look like normal people and the special guest character for the movie looks like a complete weirdo by comparison.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 36: the show returns to its roots: doing one-off episodes about weird monsters causing distressing situations while pushing a central theme. They also had a bigger revamp to the opening than I thought they would, and judging by it we can now confirm that Ruri is really excited about having a murder bunny.

Shouts out to Gigasmon for finally getting that episode he was denied in Adventure 20. I think they legitimately used him really well as a monster of the week. And I know the punchline is that he saw a movie trailer and thought it was real, but did anyone else get the sense that the show was quietly suggesting he might have actually been on the right track? Or is that just me?

Also, what's the over/under on spooky girl becoming Espimon's partner when he finally shows up? It feels like she could be fun as a full character, and being plausibly psychic would give her a role to fill in the team dynamic.

Next episode! The show went down the list of horror movie set ups and landed on zombie apocalypse so that should be fun and/or unpleasant.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
In continuing “just stick to one localization standard, bandai please” tradition, Panjyamon has been localized as IceLeomon in Survive

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

thetoughestbean posted:

In continuing “just stick to one localization standard, bandai please” tradition, Panjyamon has been localized as IceLeomon in Survive

I think that's the first time they've pulled that particular localization out since maybe Frontier's dub so that's kind of odd

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

drrockso20 posted:

I think that's the first time they've pulled that particular localization out since maybe Frontier's dub so that's kind of odd

Makes me wonder if that's a card game thing, so they can leave off the text that says "this is a Leomon" for future English printings.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean posted:

Speaking of the translation…

(Minor spoiler)
https://twitter.com/exec_suspend/status/1553571085378981889?s=20&t=YcF0_rbZNkByXfuFdOXtBQ

I think the QA team dropped the ball. That said I’m up to chapter 5 and haven’t seen anything like this yet

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Survive is charming and fun and perfectly playable (on Switch) but probably could've used an extra few months in the oven.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

For someone who hasn't played a Digimon game since the PS1 Digimon Rumble Arena days...is it worth getting Survive or just letting it sit for a bit to see if they do any patches to it to fix anything?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In chapter 5 and Labramon’s pronouns suddenly changed from She to He. I assume this is another mistake

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 31, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The localization needed more time yeah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 5 in general feels like padding

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RatHat posted:

Chapter 5 in general feels like padding

I know what part youve gotten too and while i agree it drags a bit, its worth sticking it out

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Labramon is trans??

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cephas posted:

Labramon is trans??

Digimon have always been potentially trans so why not

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cephas posted:

Labramon is trans??

Nah the profile description says pretty explictly that they're a girl, and that she's "like a sister" to Aoi.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Someone apparently uploaded the first 6 minutes or the new 02 movie:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LdsJ3c735ko

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It doesn't say, but you can permanently evolve your free monsters by using those little tablet items you find here and there. I have Seadramon and Birdramon.

[Chapter 3 spoilers] lol at definitely not Arukenimon

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Why are the champion digivolution items such rear end to get? I'm in part 7 right now and it feels like I'm tripping over ultimate evolution items.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

gently caress, (ch3) Cyclonemon just vaporized Diatrymon and Vegiemon.

Does anyone know what effects EXP gain? Is it monsters killed or just clearing the map?

e: drat this story's got STAKES

wuggles fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 31, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SpazmasterX posted:

Why are the champion digivolution items such rear end to get? I'm in part 7 right now and it feels like I'm tripping over ultimate evolution items.

Apparently talking to Fangmon and then choosing item has a high chance of getting you one. Ditto for Monzaemon and ultimate digivolution items.

By the way if you’re finding the recruitment mini game frustrating(because sometimes the answers make no sense) here’s a Reddit thread with the correct answers for most of them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DigimonSurvive/comments/wasexo/digimon_recruitment_guide/

If you fail it you can also just go to menu and retry the battle. This also works with conversation options if you reload the auto save

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Getting some SkullGreymon vibes in this chapter...

Edit: :stonk:

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

FireWorksWell posted:

Getting some SkullGreymon vibes in this chapter...

Edit: :stonk:
Nothings happened in my game yet, but I have to assume you are talking about Shuuji. I’ve stated actively cheering for Lopmon to go bad and murder him.