Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Wonder if this is gonna be in the Marylin movie.

https://twitter.com/wrong_rae/status/1549399420269101062

If this is what I think it is a take on the first act of Dracula it looks really interesting, but the fact that it's directed by LaBute (same director as Cage's Wickerman) makes me think it's not gonna be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Now that’s a guy who’s work fell off a cliff, quality-wise. I honestly don’t remember anything he directed after his first 3.

Looking at his filmography, there’s a bunch of stuff I’ve heard of but never watched, or didn’t know existed to begin with.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOegEuCcfw

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Looks good. More Rogue One which is never a bad thing.

But that piece of dialogue "As long as people think I'm an irritation, there's a good chance they'll miss what I'm actually doing." is pretty bad. Just on-the-nose-hackey. And she's saying it to someone that clearly does NOT know what she's doing.

Anyway, just hoping that's not indicative of the writing/hand-holding.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Looks great, fingers crossed the inherent limits on the story keep this from floundering like obi wan, book of boba, etc.

Nice to see Whitaker back as Saw, Pryce is a great add, visuals are impressive. They're making two of these right? One that is the origin story and one that is a precursor to R1.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Mat Cauthon posted:

Looks great, fingers crossed the inherent limits on the story keep this from floundering like obi wan, book of boba, etc.

Nice to see Whitaker back as Saw, Pryce is a great add, visuals are impressive. They're making two of these right? One that is the origin story and one that is a precursor to R1.

Pryce? Who do you mean?

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

I know that in many instances Star Wars guns are just real guns with bits added, but this one seems kinda lazy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Scuffy_1989 posted:

I know that in many instances Star Wars guns are just real guns with bits added, but this one seems kinda lazy.

Yeah, it was talked about in one of the Star Wars threads, but that's just an AK. It's loving hilarious.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it was talked about in one of the Star Wars threads, but that's just an AK. It's loving hilarious.

Given the known durability of the AK-47 it's entirely believable that Kalashnikov didn't actually invent it, but rather found a stash of them that came from a galaxy far far away and reverse engineered.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

a lovely king posted:

Pryce? Who do you mean?

Jonathan Pryce is in Andor trailer for about three seconds wearing an Imperial officer uniform.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i am just so tired of all these star wars. i didn't even make it through that whole trailer. which is a shame, because it seems like they're trying. but god drat. disney. this is getting so fuckin out of hand. nobody has time for all this bullshit!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Since the Disney acquisition, there’s been 4 live action seasons total each with 8 or less episodes. Its really not the overwhelming franchise that people say it is. Are there even any movies slated for release this year? The last was in 2019.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EL BROMANCE posted:

Since the Disney acquisition, there’s been 4 live action seasons total each with 8 or less episodes. Its really not the overwhelming franchise that people say it is. Are there even any movies slated for release this year? The last was in 2019.

that to me just seems like a whole lot, for a franchise that previously had been going at the rate of "3 movies every 20 years"

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well it's a good thing you weren't satisfied by four seasons of tv, two animated shows, and a game show in three years, because there's already six seasons of television (four live action, two animated) and a movie scheduled to come out next year.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Vincent posted:

Wonder if this is gonna be in the Marylin movie.

https://twitter.com/wrong_rae/status/1549399420269101062

If this is what I think it is a take on the first act of Dracula it looks really interesting, but the fact that it's directed by LaBute (same director as Cage's Wickerman) makes me think it's not gonna be good.

im always extremely skeptical of these stories about marilyn monroe because they are so outrageously over the top and seem deliberately crafted to reinforce an image of her as a stupid hick

like, i have no doubt that she had bad habits but i cannot imagine a woman in hollywood would survive if she was known for walking in soiled clothing AND being unable to maintain a home AND never bathing AND having IBS.

e: also i just checked the sourced book on the Internet Archive and, unless the search functionality is broken, none of those quotes appear anywhere in there

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 2, 2022

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
come up with a title that isn't always just "CHARACTER NAME", though I guess the people this is marketed to definitely know what the gently caress "ANDOR" is. Is this just an SEO thing lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

QuoProQuid posted:

im always extremely skeptical of these stories about marilyn monroe because they are so outrageously over the top and seem deliberately crafted to reinforce an image of her as a stupid hick

like, i have no doubt that she had bad habits but i cannot imagine a woman in hollywood would survive if she was known for walking in soiled clothing AND being unable to maintain a home AND never bathing AND having IBS.

e: also i just checked the sourced book on the Internet Archive and, unless the search functionality is broken, none of those quotes appear anywhere in there

we truly live in a post-truth society. we need to get to the bottom of this. did marilyn monroe fart or not????????

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

precision posted:

we truly live in a post-truth society. we need to get to the bottom of this. did marilyn monroe fart or not????????

probably, friend.

hope this helps u

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jedit posted:

Given the known durability of the AK-47 it's entirely believable that Kalashnikov didn't actually invent it, but rather found a stash of them that came from a galaxy far far away and reverse engineered.

That's not an AK-47, it's a clone of one and it's called AAK-47

not to be confused with Bigger AK-47

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

Jonathan Pryce is in Andor trailer for about three seconds wearing an Imperial officer uniform.

That's Anton Lesser (Qyburn in Game of Thrones), not Jonathan Pryce

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

EL BROMANCE posted:

lol dude thats a ton

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kiimo posted:

That's not an AK-47, it's a clone of one and it's called AAK-47

not to be confused with Bigger AK-47

It's an AK-47 but it's pronounced Ak-47.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

That's Anton Lesser (Qyburn in Game of Thrones), not Jonathan Pryce

drat it totally is. My mistake.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

come up with a title that isn't always just "CHARACTER NAME", though I guess the people this is marketed to definitely know what the gently caress "ANDOR" is. Is this just an SEO thing lol

STAR AND/OR WARS

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Why did they give a whole show to a really boring character no one asked for?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

MLSM posted:

Why did they give a whole show to a really boring character no one asked for?

I asked for it and Diego Luna owns

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This is the most interesting looking Star Wars thing since Rogue One.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Every character in Rogue One is amazing.

But if it’s not for you that’s ok too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

live with fruit posted:

This is the most interesting looking Star Wars thing since Rogue One.

Talk about damning with faint praise.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This is the year of Imperial Girlboss

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vintersorg posted:

Every character in Rogue One is amazing.

But if it’s not for you that’s ok too.

i loved Rogue One like, a lot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

All Disney Star Wars has been varying levels of bad but it's funny how much better this looks than Obi Wan.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Unfortunately, Andor looks interesting enough that I will try to watch it. I know that I am a fool. Nothing can be done.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never even bothered to start Boba and never finished Obi Wan because it was terrible.

However this sold me, I'm a sucker. And Rogue One was the best Star Wars product since Jedi. (Narrowly beating out Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars)

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

precision posted:

i loved Rogue One like, a lot

finally, a correct opinion on these dead gay comedy forums

Listen, I adore that movie, and sure anything Star Wars these days varies wildly in quality, but I’m willing to believe there’s at least one more *great* bit of Star War out there, and Andor is close enough to Rogue One in every way that I’m going to dare to hope it might be this.

And if it’s not, well it’s not like this franchise hasn’t let me down a ton of times since the existence of the special editions onwards.

Man, I hope it’s good though. It really looks like it could be.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought superhero movies, especially Marvel ones, were done. and then I saw Spiderman No Way Home

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tbh i laughed at basically every "emotional" moment in No Way Home. Had a couple beers in me but it was really just like, cmon yall. I loved Tobey spiderman as a kid but NWH just felt so lifeless, calculated and cynical.
Dafoe essentially played a schizophrenic homeless guy. Depressing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You could just pretend I said Into The Spiderverse then

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The Tom Holland Spidey's are alright in that they most capture the more youthful/fun spirit of Spider-Man. But ultimately it still just felt like more of the same (WRT Marvel stuff).

I did like the other Spidey's coming in. That just felt nice as a film fan more than anything else. It was a cool and fun thing to do. Not sure it warranted that crazy rear end reaction that everyone had, but to each their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The retroactively explaining the web shooter / natural web difference was absolutely brilliant and made me squeal like a twelve year old