Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: to everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well there's the world building about how common devil attacks are that we were wondering about.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Girl no don't say poo poo like that, do you want to die?!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

My prediction for the next chapter: Chainsaw Man is totally gonna fucken save the day and Asa gonna be like drat chainsaw man owns and Yoru is gonna be like wtf no!! this is all wrong!! and Yuko is gonna be like yay chainsaw man and also im alive and will never die!!

Mark it down, folks!!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh man starting a yuko death pool on how and when she dies

Also insane TikToker theory Yuko is Denji in disguise

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Asa, at the end of the day, we really were the Chainsaw Man Part 2

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If those death numbers are real then even ignoring the devil stuff having 10% of your population die from murder or suicide is a pretty bonkers statistic.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also the Eddie Brock/venom vibe continues to grow and I’m here for it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Gonna be honest when I saw the run down house Yuko lives in this was my first thought.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna be honest when I saw the run down house Yuko lives in this was my first thought.

She has goofy Denji energy but there’s no way Denji can read manga, my dude just got into high school. Also can’t most devils smell other devils pretty well?

Ethiser posted:

If those death numbers are real then even ignoring the devil stuff having 10% of your population die from murder or suicide is a pretty bonkers statistic.

Its 5%, 1 outta 20, which is still high. I think Japan had one of the highest suicide rates in the world

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 2, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

At this point it feels like it'll be more shocking if she doesn't die.

She's reaching "partner cop one day from retirement" levels of doomed or maybe even "Horny couple who just had sex in a slasher movie"

Oh God I hope this crazy thing ends up being true even though it won't.

Ethiser posted:

Yeah the world of Chainsaw Man is very bleak and bad to live in, fun to watch from the outside though.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Is that a new iteration of the Bat devil? Also yeah, Asa is so obviously going to die, that I begin to suspect that she actually won't. Or at least not soon.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I support this

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/uscpsc/status/1554526378959183878?s=21&t=yG1gNYy4omJB1vb4JmoIfQ

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The only thing maybe saving Yuko is that she is sending off so many death flags in a comic that is already pretty cavalier about offing characters that it's surprising if she doesn't die.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Watch her have a pact with a powerful devil already

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yuko has a pact with the Peace Devil and hyjinx ensue. It turns out the genre he wanted to write for this next chapter of Chainsaw Man was a wacky '70s style sitcom.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

I support this

Even aside from the basic logic issues, the height's wrong.

Denji's somewhere around 5'10'', maybe approaching 6 even, since he's taller than Makima, who's about 5'8'' according to production notes on her early design. Meanwhile, Yuko's shorter than Asa and much shorter than Yoshida.

Denji might not look it due to the company he keeps, but he's very tall for a malnourished Japanese teenager. (He just tends to be around people who are even taller). Meanwhile, Yuko is pretty average in height for a teenage girl, shorter than Asa.

Also, for homes, Denji has a second floor apartment filled with very excitable dogs. Yuko lives in a ground level apartment, which does not have a pack of dogs ready to greet any visitor.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
If that's the Bat Devil attacking them in the end it's probable that Denji will show up, if not to kill it to ask about the Blood Devil in hell

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

chiasaur11 posted:

Even aside from the basic logic issues, the height's wrong.

Denji's somewhere around 5'10'', maybe approaching 6 even, since he's taller than Makima, who's about 5'8'' according to production notes on her early design. Meanwhile, Yuko's shorter than Asa and much shorter than Yoshida.

Look. HRT causes you to lose a bit of height.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

This was my insane theory the moment I saw her based solely on her hair.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I have a prediction: Yuko is going to die, be it sooner or later, in the human sense (or in the devil sense if she is secretly a hybrid/fiend).

This makes a lot of sense

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flair posted:

I have a prediction: Yuko is going to die, be it sooner or later, in the human sense (or in the devil sense if she is secretly a hybrid/fiend).

I dunno, I'm starting to think she'll pull a Kobeni and end up being one of the few members of the cast who makes it to the end alive.

Yuko is the Final Girl of part 2.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 3, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I've talked about his interview with Samura before, but it's worth tracking down the whole thing. It has everything from exchanges of compliments when discussing the differing demands of weekly and monthly manga to Fujimoto talking about why he thinks the art in "In this Corner of the World" is sexy.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

I've talked about his interview with Samura before, but it's worth tracking down the whole thing. It has everything from exchanges of compliments when discussing the differing demands of weekly and monthly manga to Fujimoto talking about why he thinks the art in "In this Corner of the World" is sexy.

The whole thing is linked in the thread: https://swordtranslations.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/fujimoto-tatsuki-and-samura-hiroaki-interview/

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Asa and Yoru, literally morning and night. nice

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lily Catts posted:

I knew they had meaning but my non-Japanese-speaking brain couldn't quite find it. thanks.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
So based on what I read war doesn’t care about killing chainsaw man anymore, and basically just wants to screw with this girl and her life for fun?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
War, huh. What is it good for?

Maybe it only wants to go after Chainsaw because it thinks it'll take a long time. Once you win there's no more war.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hamelekim posted:

So based on what I read war doesn’t care about killing chainsaw man anymore, and basically just wants to screw with this girl and her life for fun?

No, she's still fully focused on getting Chainsaw Man to vomit the Nuclear Weapons Devil. She wants to use Asa to gain power to do so, and ruining her life is apparently a really good way to make strong weaponry by warping her friendships.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
After finishing the manga, I read this thread from the beginning because that's what my time is worth and

Spiderdrake posted:

She literally just use rat teleportation. Rateleportation. I feel like she's going to turn out to be a domesticated horseman of the apocalypse or something.

lol

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, she's still fully focused on getting Chainsaw Man to vomit the Nuclear Weapons Devil. She wants to use Asa to gain power to do so, and ruining her life is apparently a really good way to make strong weaponry by warping her friendships.

I can only imagine the kind of power-up that comes with guilt. Asa probably has no guilt about the teacher during the advent of her own death, and he turned out to be decently strong sword. Or perhaps she is subconsciously guilt-prone, and the War Devil chose Asa because she observed Asa's guilt-prone inclination.

Nonetheless, the mangaka is coupling the theme of "guilt" with theme of "war". I can only imagine that he plans to bring up atrocities and egregious allusions of war.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Devil powers are very heavily reliant on strong emotions, mainly fear, so I guess we'll see how other emotions will play into it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Denji regains his full strength thru the fear he feels from talking to girls

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Lily Catts posted:

So their personalities should eventually diverge and create more conflict. Looking forward to it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Denji regains his full strength thru the fear he feels from talking to girls

Did you see how Denji hit on Reze by spitting up a flower he ate?

Denji has no fear when talking to girls, despite the fact every single woman he knows has tried to murder him.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
12hrs till new trailer

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

chiasaur11 posted:

Did you see how Denji hit on Reze by spitting up a flower he ate?

Denji has no fear when talking to girls, despite the fact every single woman he knows has tried to murder him.

They should introduce creatures who are fueled by fear that is mostly more like confusion, with the two greatest threats being the Romance and Math devils

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

OnimaruXLR posted:

They should introduce creatures who are fueled by fear that is mostly more like confusion, with the two greatest threats being the Romance and Math devils

Well, I see no better time and place than this arc happening in a school with students as our protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been trying to guess what War's secret kokoro wish is, like how Mikami wanted an equal to be friends with and the Pochita wanted a hug. A friend that it knows it'll never sacrifice for power?