Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Kimahri's a lot like an optional recruit character, where his story is mostly wrapped up in one place and quest, and that's fine. He just happens to join you at Besaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

FrostyPox posted:

Hey I recognize that dude Seymour pulled out of the ground from Endwalker

Which dude are you referencing? I'm drawing a blank, it's been so long since I've played X.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Anima I’m assuming. Although I’m pretty sure he’s been in a bunch of stuff too.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i know it's just the way that the robe hangs but seymour always looks like he has a big beer gut to me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I kinda like the part where Kihmari drops the silent act and actually talks to Tidus because he respects him due to how he makes Yuna happy and clearly has her best interests at heart.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Invalid Validation posted:

Oh, duh.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Kimahri sled scene is nice but the odds of him being your highest affection party member over Lulu/Auron/Rikku are 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybNEzqBVoU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ffx rocks, all the characters, but i do think the seymour design looks dumb and not cool

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Anima is the Fal'Cie who makes the party l'Cie in FFXIII.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"That Anime was no match for me!"
/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what animal races are left for ff14 to use in tribal quests

ff3 gnomes
ff7 red 13s
ff9 ratpeople, qu
ffx hypello
ff11 giants, ants, moles, orcs, turtles, birds are basically vanu maybe
seeq, bangaa, nu mou are all there but not tribes
ff12 garif, rev
ffta2 dragon girls

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh right they did turtles too

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Have they done beavers yet?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

i know it's just the way that the robe hangs but seymour always looks like he has a big beer gut to me

he has a beer gut and chest hair and i won't hear otherwise

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mega64 posted:

Have they done beavers yet?

:shudder:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

A random thought I had the other day - are there even female guado? There are no important ronso or guado women but I think I remember ronso ladies. Not so for guado. Seymour obviously had a human mother.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

A random thought I had the other day - are there even female guado? There are no important ronso or guado women but I think I remember ronso ladies. Not so for guado. Seymour obviously had a human mother.

They gently caress trees OP

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

When's FFXIV going to add in the Hypello smdh

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Super No Vacancy posted:

what animal races are left for ff14 to use in tribal quests

ff3 gnomes
ff7 red 13s
ff9 ratpeople, qu
ffx hypello
ff11 giants, ants, moles, orcs, turtles, birds are basically vanu maybe
seeq, bangaa, nu mou are all there but not tribes
ff12 garif, rev
ffta2 dragon girls

FF8 had the shumi and the moomba.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah, there are Ronso ladies. Some of them play Blitzball, and I think Khimari has a wife-analogue in X-2.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Namingways

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Mega64 posted:

Namingways

Already in XIV.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

yeah there's some on the blitzball team and in guadosalam

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Ohtori Akio posted:

Seymour makes for a good party rival. Tidus needs the foil in order for the love story to be as good as it is and the boss fights rip.

More RPG stories should be mining from the rich vein of narrative content about parasitic liches.

I watched someone stream FFX recently and they flipped out during the scene where Seymour kisses Yuna. I can't think of any scene in any other FF game that gets a reaction like that.

FFX is good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Chillgamesh posted:

Cloud is a big anxious loser and that's why he's the greatest.

I've been playing FF7R again and I've gotten a few big laughs out of Cloud. Pivoting between being a surly baby and trying way too hard to be cool.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah I meant Anima when I referenced the dude Seymour pulled out of the ground

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Barudak posted:

I will not rest until you can summon Tidus in another FF game

He'd have to defeat Leviathan for "Water Summon". And Bismarck.

Tidus is non-elemental, because of the sin toxins.

Gilgamesh should replace Odin like 15% of the times Odin is summoned.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sin is gravity-element, like Diablos.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

JBP posted:

I've been playing FF7R again and I've gotten a few big laughs out of Cloud. Pivoting between being a surly baby and trying way too hard to be cool.

"Yeah, nailed it, I know, can we move on?" :allears:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Chillgamesh posted:

"Yeah, nailed it, I know, can we move on?" :allears:

I've got skills :saddumb:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Sin is gravity-element, like Diablos.

I think this conversation came up before and I still maintain that Sin is Alexander, down to having buildings on its head. I also maintain that Jecht is Titan.

At one point somebody posted some rad fanart of Tidus' final aeon, as Leviathan. I have it saved to my phone, but imgur is being stupid since my phone saved it as webp.

Edit: found new copies:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 4, 2022

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Just got to the infamous laughing scene.
Honestly in context it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Agents are GO! posted:

I think this conversation came up before and I still maintain that Sin is Alexander, down to having buildings on its head. I also maintain that Jecht is Titan.

At one point somebody posted some rad fanart of Tidus' final aeon, as Leviathan. I have it saved to my phone, but imgur is being stupid since my phone saved it as webp.

Edit: found new copies:

I like the idea that Tidus's final aeon is Leviathan, because it's just odd that otherwise Leviathan in its traditional form isn't present at all in THE water final fantasy.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

Just got to the infamous laughing scene.
Honestly in context it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be

That's what we've been saying!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yunalesca's character design doesn't make any sense to me. Did she wear that outfit ever, before defeating Sin, or is it something new?

If it's the former... what in the world. There's wearing something revealing and then there's just wearing string

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

jokes posted:

Yunalesca's character design doesn't make any sense to me. Did she wear that outfit ever, before defeating Sin, or is it something new?

If it's the former... what in the world. There's wearing something revealing and then there's just wearing string

It was a thousand years ago, fashions were different then. No oppressive theocracy yet, for one

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I was about to ask how she's even still alive since I couldn't remember the explanation, but then I remembered that people can simply choose not to die in that setting.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

jokes posted:

it’s just the dress code for female summoners in spira, Yu Yevon was a horny old bastard

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Augus posted:

it’s just the dress code for female summoners in spira, Yu Yevon was a horny old bastard

Cult leaders do what cult leaders do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Used Lulu's Overdrive for the first time, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the game doesn't recognize the right stick on my XBone controller

Just arrived at the Al Bhed shop after a Pokemon battle with another Summoner but I'm super tired today so I think I'm gonna call it a day here